Astrology Changes 2008-2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 294 Old 01-02-2007, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there a good "Astrology for Dummies" type website or book (though free website would be better right now )? Most of what is being said is going way over my head, but I'm so curious to learn more ...

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#122 of 294 Old 01-02-2007, 12:53 PM

Wow! Thanks!
#123 of 294 Old 01-06-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
michael lutin, the astrology writer for vanity fair magazine, ditched his usual sign by sign forcast for the month of january and decided to lay it out on the line about pluto's transit into cap which begins next year (jan 08)....

putting it here in case anyone is interested..

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...urrentPage=all

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#124 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 12:17 AM

Wow. That's quite a read. I'll be forwarding...
#125 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 12:01 PM

That is amazing! Thank you for sharing that!!
#126 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 02:15 PM

Wow. That is a really good article! I love how he is so even-handed and doesn't throw blame around, and yet he doesn't gloss over the difficulties, either. We do live in interesting times.
#127 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 02:52 PM

Hey that IS a great article. Something else comes to my mind that you may or may not think is related or helpful but here it is... The Native Americans view the mother earth as having a body with the same energy patters as each human body. And each part of our body works for us in a different way so depending on where you are on earth you are effected by different natural energy movements. Each can benefit in different ways. They also suggest that we move if we get the urge to do so. Our feelings shouldn't be ignored so if we suddenly feel like moving up north or to another country for example then we should look into it and try. It may work out and be to our advantage somehow. I read in one book that those who can help in certain areas of the world where disaster will hit will feel like moving there before it happens. And those who can help where they are now will feel like staying. Also, those who may not make it where they are because of some 'disaster' coming will feel like moving, etc... you get the idea. So we must follow our feelings, before they are messed with by outside influence that is! Watch out not to be under mind control by others or influenced by the culture or anyone else. Look inside for advice not outside. They say that usually your first hunch or feeling is the correct/best one when you are about to decide what to do about something. It's before outside influence mysteriously gets in! Hope this makes sense...
#128 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadeh View Post
Hey that IS a great article. Something else comes to my mind that you may or may not think is related or helpful but here it is... The Native Americans view the mother earth as having a body with the same energy patters as each human body. And each part of our body works for us in a different way so depending on where you are on earth you are effected by different natural energy movements. Each can benefit in different ways. They also suggest that we move if we get the urge to do so. Our feelings shouldn't be ignored so if we suddenly feel like moving up north or to another country for example then we should look into it and try. It may work out and be to our advantage somehow. I read in one book that those who can help in certain areas of the world where disaster will hit will feel like moving there before it happens. And those who can help where they are now will feel like staying. Also, those who may not make it where they are because of some 'disaster' coming will feel like moving, etc... you get the idea. So we must follow our feelings, before they are messed with by outside influence that is! Watch out not to be under mind control by others or influenced by the culture or anyone else. Look inside for advice not outside. They say that usually your first hunch or feeling is the correct/best one when you are about to decide what to do about something. It's before outside influence mysteriously gets in! Hope this makes sense...
yep. that what was what I tried to say earlier in this thread and in the early pages of The Secret.

instincts are gifts.

#129 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 03:22 PM

I moved with my family from the midwest to another country in the fall. I'm a very single parent of two young boys. I had a teaching job offer. We came back to the midwest because my work permit didn't get processed after a long wait. The school felt it would get processed faster than it did, and wanted me to be there waiting and getting my kids into school. It's still processing! I was so sure we needed to go...and off we went. I don't regret it, but feel confused. After a month and a half, we came back home and...unpacked! I still have the option to go back when the work permit finally happens, but now I'm not sure. As much as I wanted to be there, it was really difficult to have so few connections...in a new country. This whole shift plowed through me in 2006.

Anyone else have any experiences like this? I'm very intuitive and felt this coming a couple years ago. I worked intentionally during the Holy Nights and I'm still waiting to understand my "epiphany". Anyone else feeling : really "in it" with the weight of the stars?

Sorry to spill this out here, I just found a life line to folks who might understand what I've been going through with inner/outer vibrations...
#130 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 05:30 PM

It's hard for Most of us to distinguish between instinct/gut feeling and influence from outside that subconsiously creeps in.
#131 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadeh View Post
It's hard for Most of us to distinguish between instinct/gut feeling and influence from outside that subconsiously creeps in.
too true.
and so, right now, I am setting my intention to grow clearer and clearer, to grow better and better day by day at listening to my intuition, and at discerning true guidance, so that I might live more and more in harmony with Mother Earth and her dance among the stars.

ooh... that feels good. I hadn't had any resolutions for 2007, or set any intentions specifically, before, but this feels right. And that's what I want more of, right? so I guess I've already started.
#132 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 07:15 PM

It does feel good!
#133 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 07:22 PM

#134 of 294 Old 01-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
too true.
I am setting my intention to grow clearer and clearer, to grow better and better day by day at listening to my intuition, and at discerning true guidance, so that I might live more and more in harmony with Mother Earth and her dance among the stars.
That is beautiful. Thank you!
#135 of 294 Old 01-09-2007, 05:48 AM

Subbing

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#136 of 294 Old 01-09-2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsol View Post
I moved with my family from the midwest to another country in the fall. I'm a very single parent of two young boys. I had a teaching job offer. We came back to the midwest because my work permit didn't get processed after a long wait. The school felt it would get processed faster than it did, and wanted me to be there waiting and getting my kids into school. It's still processing! I was so sure we needed to go...and off we went. I don't regret it, but feel confused. After a month and a half, we came back home and...unpacked! I still have the option to go back when the work permit finally happens, but now I'm not sure. As much as I wanted to be there, it was really difficult to have so few connections...in a new country. This whole shift plowed through me in 2006.

Anyone else have any experiences like this? I'm very intuitive and felt this coming a couple years ago. I worked intentionally during the Holy Nights and I'm still waiting to understand my "epiphany". Anyone else feeling : really "in it" with the weight of the stars?

Sorry to spill this out here, I just found a life line to folks who might understand what I've been going through with inner/outer vibrations...

We finally came to the end of a journey sort of similar to yours.....it seems to have been about 4-5 yrs in the making!! We had been having the feeling of needing to move (which I agree with the previous poster that you are called to where you need to be and will be of greatest assistance) since our youngest was born. Originally thought we felt it because we wanted to be closer to family since the babe was born....So we tried to move back to our home state and put our house on the market. In the 2 yrs that it took to sell, we built an addition on it, and looked at different places all over the country to move (it was no longer just to be closer to family). Finally the house sold, and we felt so free, and continued to try to find the place we needed to go (sending out resumes, looking at land, etc). But, nothing ended up working financially. So we were still renting, Dh found this great piece of land, so we decided to build. It felt backward to me a bit cause I still felt this pull to leave, but it also felt OK....we were getting ready to have our 2nd baby, still renting, and the land was beautiful!! So, we built another home, in the same area.

Periodically we'd get disenchanted with where we were (a very beautiful, and spiritual place in its own right, so at other times it was difficult to really embrace the pull to go) and look around the country and dream. One day, Dh called me and said "There is some beautiful, and affordable property in Maine, check out these listings". So I did! And, Maine had been a place I had been trying to get him to move for awhile (and was somewhere I'd always wanted to live since I was little.....not sure why since I'd never been there). So, we decided, what the heck, lets list our house (literally in about 3 wks we went from, happy to be in Taos NM, to, ready to move to Maine, where we'd never been!!). So, without telling anyone, we listed our house with a friend.....it sold in 2 weeks!!!!!!

2 months later, we figured out our finances and were on our way to Maine (still hadn't been there)!!! All the pieces didn't come together till we got the place right!!! Amazing when I type all that out!!! Oh, and we took another leap at the same time and started our own business in our new community. If I don't listen to my instincts and remember all that led us to this point, I can get really scared. But, when I can block out the outside forces and my rational mind telling me we are nuts I feel a great sense of peace, that we are in the right place.

So, yes, it has been hard. We left our whole community behind, and some things here aren't as great as they were there..... but, many things are so wonderful here, that the other stuff doesn't carry so much weight I guess. It is always hard to keep the faith in the face of difficulty......but like I said, the days I can, it all feels so right! Maybe there is a missing piece to your puzzle? Maybe that will get worked out, and you will go still, or, maybe you are meant to stay right there. I'm big on "signs" and asking for help i making my decisions (help from Spirit, and the Universe....not necessarily from other humans!!), and though it didn't always come immediately, the help I was asking for always came......but I had to keep my eyes, AND my heart, very open.
#137 of 294 Old 01-09-2007, 10:38 AM

THNAKS AGAIN TRACY

I asked for this the other day and here YOU are.

SO NOW........what does it mean for CAPRICORNS from 2008 on ?

pluto in our sign?

Broeneyedsol:

I left the US 2 years ago.

It was quite a big deal, changing country.

I am creating connection and trusting flow.

It is both exciting and tiring for me.
#138 of 294 Old 01-09-2007, 03:08 PM

Intentful lady, Thank you for sharing the success and excitement. That's what I was hoping for. I believe it is still in my futre, but it's still processing and I don't have the clear picture.

Earth Angel~ Thank you for also sharing your process. Similar to mine in some ways. Funny thing is--two years ago I was flown to Taos to visit the Country Day School as a potential teacher. I really wanted to move to Taos and teach. I felt a pull, and when I was there felt a mix of things...I felt at home with the women carrying the school. The area...a drastic change from the midwest! Beautiful, but drastic. My dad was diagnosed with cancer around that time, and when I was offered the job I just couldn't bring myself to uproot. He died within three months. He was very worried about me moving to Taos. It ended up not being right for us as time passed and new opportunities arose. This whole possible relocation process has been so loaded... I've learned a great deal along the way...hard lessons and good lessons...still learning for certain!

Now, I am simply waiting on internal and external cues for what's right for my family. I trust it will come. It feels right to be where we are for now.
#139 of 294 Old 01-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsol View Post

Earth Angel~ Thank you for also sharing your process. Similar to mine in some ways. Funny thing is--two years ago I was flown to Taos to visit the Country Day School as a potential teacher. I really wanted to move to Taos and teach. I felt a pull, and when I was there felt a mix of things...I felt at home with the women carrying the school. The area...a drastic change from the midwest! Beautiful, but drastic. My dad was diagnosed with cancer around that time, and when I was offered the job I just couldn't bring myself to uproot. He died within three months. He was very worried about me moving to Taos. It ended up not being right for us as time passed and new opportunities arose. This whole possible relocation process has been so loaded... I've learned a great deal along the way...hard lessons and good lessons...still learning for certain!
Wow! My son went to Country Day School for 2 years....Loved that place !!!! I'm sorry to hear that losing your father was part of your relocation adventure. It is good though to feel it all worked out as was meant to.
#140 of 294 Old 01-10-2007, 02:06 AM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
michael lutin, the astrology writer for vanity fair magazine, ditched his usual sign by sign forcast for the month of january and decided to lay it out on the line about pluto's transit into cap which begins next year (jan 08)....

putting it here in case anyone is interested..

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/fe...urrentPage=all
Thanks for this article, Tracy. But, I gotta say, Michael Lutin has me a bit freaked out. It doesn't sound like the next decade or two will be good for the non-conformists among us (the population of MDC?).
#141 of 294 Old 01-10-2007, 02:40 AM

Interesting article. Thank you for posting Tracy.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#142 of 294 Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 PM

Very interesting article and yes, a little freaky. Curious question - trying to blend astrology with LoA. From the article and other things I've read here, it sounds like these hard times are pretty inevitable. But I also feel reading that article that individually, we all have a choice to make - how hard are we going to make it on ourselves. So, how does one begin to ensure that the doom and gloom won't be your personal reality, even if it's the overall reality of our world/country? I'm imagining things like not being able to access things like real food, nutritional supplements ... things that big business/government are threatening to put uber control over, making it very hard for common folk to access. Is there where something like moving to the country and raising one's own food comes into play? But then again, I could see the advantage of staying close to community/family/people you are close with, which in our case means not moving to the country to be more self-sufficient. So, how can one take the seemingly inevitable doom and gloom of the country and instead manifest abundance/prosperity in one's personal life?

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#143 of 294 Old 01-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Very interesting article and yes, a little freaky. Curious question - trying to blend astrology with LoA. From the article and other things I've read here, it sounds like these hard times are pretty inevitable.
I think we don't really need astrology to tell us things are going to change, soon and a lot. If you really look at what's going on, at the System, at the injustices, at the crazy wastefulness, etc.etc. But astrology points out the timing, in case we had any doubt that it will be soon.
Quote:
But I also feel reading that article that individually, we all have a choice to make - how hard are we going to make it on ourselves. So, how does one begin to ensure that the doom and gloom won't be your personal reality, even if it's the overall reality of our world/country?
That's what LoA is all about, right? I think the better we get at it, the better we'll be at rolling with whatever comes along. And the more of us that do it, the better all around things can be.
Pluto says big deep total change is necessary; it doesn't say we have to be miserable while it happens. Change is the necessity, not suffering. But I also know from experience (I'm a Sag and Pluto went over my sun a few years back) that many changes are difficult, and loss requires mourning, and can feel endless when you're in the middle of it. But through suffering we can learn compassion, deepen our hearts, know how precious every day, every moment is... Can we learn all that without suffering? maybe. I don't know.

Quote:
I'm imagining things like not being able to access things like real food, nutritional supplements ... things that big business/government are threatening to put uber control over, making it very hard for common folk to access. Is there where something like moving to the country and raising one's own food comes into play? But then again, I could see the advantage of staying close to community/family/people you are close with, which in our case means not moving to the country to be more self-sufficient. So, how can one take the seemingly inevitable doom and gloom of the country and instead manifest abundance/prosperity in one's personal life?
This is a back and forth I do, also. I want to live close to the land, but not be isolated. I think about intentional communities and such, but then I look at our current financial realities, and needing to be near where dh works... I've been having a hard time even visualizing what I want. An eco-village or something....

so this is also a bump hoping for more discussion...
#144 of 294 Old 01-18-2007, 11:56 PM

What in the world is going on?
#145 of 294 Old 01-19-2007, 01:26 AM

Quote:
(I'm a Sag and Pluto went over my sun a few years back)
I'm a Sag, too, and I am just getting into the whole planets in the sign part of astrology. Can you be more specific as to the month/year when Pluto went over our sun?

#146 of 294 Old 01-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyofPunkiePie View Post
I'm a Sag, too, and I am just getting into the whole planets in the sign part of astrology. Can you be more specific as to the month/year when Pluto went over our sun?
It depends on your birthday. each sign is divided into 30 degrees and the Sun moves about a degree a day. Pluto entered Sag in 1995 and will continue till a year from now. It does little back and forths (retrogrades) through out the sign, so it would affect you usually for a year or two. So if your birthday is in late November, it would've been in the 90's... if your birthday is closer to the Winter Solstice, it'd be more recent, or now.

Didn't mean to sound all doom and gloom.
Azadeh, you can read the earlier parts of the thread for an idea.
#147 of 294 Old 01-20-2007, 05:58 AM

Quote:
It depends on your birthday. each sign is divided into 30 degrees and the Sun moves about a degree a day. Pluto entered Sag in 1995 and will continue till a year from now. It does little back and forths (retrogrades) through out the sign, so it would affect you usually for a year or two. So if your birthday is in late November, it would've been in the 90's... if your birthday is closer to the Winter Solstice, it'd be more recent, or now.

Sorry this is turning into Astrology 101, but I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. I just got one of the Parkers' books today, and I am even more confused than I was yesterday.

My birthday is the 23rd, so Pluto's big changes would have happened in the mid-late '90s for me.

What I don't understand is that since Pluto is still in Sag, why would it only affect me for those couple years? Would Pluto not have a strong influence over the Sags the whole time it was dominating the sign?

#148 of 294 Old 01-20-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyofPunkiePie View Post
Sorry this is turning into Astrology 101, but I'm really trying to wrap my head around this. I just got one of the Parkers' books today, and I am even more confused than I was yesterday.

My birthday is the 23rd, so Pluto's big changes would have happened in the mid-late '90s for me.

What I don't understand is that since Pluto is still in Sag, why would it only affect me for those couple years? Would Pluto not have a strong influence over the Sags the whole time it was dominating the sign?
OK, so it's Astrology 101, that's fine. I'm not familiar with the Parkers... what's the book called? There are a lot of different approaches to astrology.

You're asking good questions. Most western astrologers use what's called an orb, or a range (usually a couple degrees) on either side of a planet or point (in this case, your Sun) and when another planet transits (moves through) that space, that's when we are likely to see the results. So for you, personally '95 through '96 would've been the most intense time. In India they use a different system of astrology, and they count the transits by the whole sign.
But in the world we've been seeing the themes for the whole time Pluto is in Sag. Pluto is associated with extremes and Sag with religion, for example. And Sagittarius is associated with travel and everything foreign, and there have been huge movements of refugees and issues of immigration. On the good side there have also been developments of international agreements and cooperation. I also associate Pluto with mass movements of people and the huge worldwide peace marches just before the US invaded Iraq were unprecedented. Pluto is power and that was being called "people power".
#149 of 294 Old 01-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Can anyone comment on what Pluto in Capricorn might mean for those with sun in Capricorn? I've tried searching for more on this and haven't had much luck. TIA!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#150 of 294 Old 01-20-2007, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Can anyone comment on what Pluto in Capricorn might mean for those with sun in Capricorn? I've tried searching for more on this and haven't had much luck. TIA!
the ones who are going to feel pluto's influence first are the caps who are born 12/21 & 12/22 and a bit of 12/23.

right now the sag's who are in the midst of their transitions are (and this is a guess---zannalyn please don't make me find my ephemeris..it is high up on a shelf) but I'm guessing it is probably the 12/18 12/19 and 12/20's.. right?

when I had pluto on my sun, I got out of the way and said, "Okay, Pluto, I trust you and God know what you are doing to transform my life so that it is stronger and better and grander...even if at first I am scared, I'll do it."

and so.. I did. I met my husband to be, left a very successful lucrative, (emotionally dead end) career... got married at age 41 and had a baby at 43. If I had put up any blocks to that very powerful energy...(fear) none of the above would have happened.

Pluto demands transformation.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page