Astrology Changes 2008-2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#181 of 294 Old 10-15-2007, 06:52 PM
 
Pariah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: My happy place.
Posts: 2,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid View Post
The other thought that I have is that over the past 5-6 years I have seen a pattern in my behaviors... almost a winding down, if it can be called that... maybe it is a natural progression and is normal as I move through life's phases, but I see myself being less attached to material things. Getting affairs in order (living nearly debt free), focusing on the world around me and living more naturally with less... getting my head together spirtually and releasing a lot of the negativity that I had when I was younger.
I feel like this A LOT. I've been having a hard time putting it in words, but you summed it up very well.

And thanks for bumping up this thread! I've been wondering about it/missing it!

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

Pariah is offline  
#182 of 294 Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 PM
 
E.V. Lowi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 2,959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, glad to see this thread is still viable- I thought I had killed it.
E.V. Lowi is offline  
#183 of 294 Old 10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
 
Ambrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brainerd, MN, USA
Posts: 3,895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi View Post
Yes, glad to see this thread is still viable- I thought I had killed it.

No! You're no thread killer... me on the other hand......

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
Ambrose is offline  
#184 of 294 Old 10-21-2007, 05:25 PM
 
Purple Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What an interesting thread! Just what I needed to read today.
Purple Sage is offline  
#185 of 294 Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 PM
 
Brookesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: metro Detroit
Posts: 628
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is me, too! Maybe it's just my age/stage of life, but I think it's the times/our generation as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid View Post
The other thought that I have is that over the past 5-6 years I have seen a pattern in my behaviors... almost a winding down, if it can be called that... maybe it is a natural progression and is normal as I move through life's phases, but I see myself being less attached to material things. Getting affairs in order (living nearly debt free), focusing on the world around me and living more naturally with less... getting my head together spirtually and releasing a lot of the negativity that I had when I was younger.
:bump
Brookesmom is offline  
#186 of 294 Old 11-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: raising the revolution
Posts: 4,883
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*bump*

Thinking about this lately!
captain crunchy is offline  
#187 of 294 Old 11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
 
intentfulady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 1,014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just read the article and I needed that too.

I especially loved the part about

"We are the 2012 they were SO looking forward to."

sweet
intentfulady is offline  
#188 of 294 Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 AM
 
Pariah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: My happy place.
Posts: 2,797
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So what is...going on? We're so close to 2008 already! I love reading about all of this, but I don't understand all of it completely...

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

Pariah is offline  
#189 of 294 Old 01-02-2008, 10:15 AM
 
KariM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: at the sewing machine (in zone 5A)
Posts: 3,375
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bumping it up since 2008 is here!
KariM is offline  
#190 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 02:20 PM
 
E.V. Lowi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 2,959
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hmm, anyone watching the news lately?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/...onomy_stimulus

Hope all is well with everyone. Anyone celebrating the Chinese New Year- Earth Rat? Have a happy one!
E.V. Lowi is offline  
#191 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 05:54 PM
 
`guest`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North
Posts: 1,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's something really cool happening right now which hasn't happened since the late sixties, a uranus (can't rememberexactly) anyway you can defo feel it. It happens to us all in our early forties but it's really intensified for this generation.

Just because there is change is not something to have fear about. Even economic downturns have their positive side. I remember in the early 90s there were a ton of jobs at Price Waterhouse with all the S&L s closing, for example...

Things being shaken up (Uranus) can result in a breaking up of old crystallized patterns (fear) and breaking into something new and exciting. Just don't screw it up like our parents gen did; because of not heeding the saturnian (discipline) part, just the breaking up part...
`guest` is offline  
#192 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: crazy with Vertigo
Posts: 2,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the fear of letting go is what (i think) is driving the uncertainty in the economy... i happen to think that this change is inevitable... those who do not want it will be dragged along. those of us who are preparing will be the ones in-charge, so to speak...

thanks for bumping this thread. i totally lost it in my subbed threads and it was nice to see it peeking up on page 1.

i can feel the changes accelerating... like a vibration, yk? it was like a quiet hum that is becoming louder and harder to ignore. i can see people around me who had previously been disengaged starting to catch on. i think it is a very good time for those who have knowledge of natural living to share their ideas in their communities and prosper.

Black Orchid is offline  
#193 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: crazy with Vertigo
Posts: 2,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi View Post
I found this link interesting. It's doubtfull that Mayan accomplishments will ever be appreciated in the mainstream media with movies like this as top box office sellers.-

http://www.mexica-movement.org/APOCALYPTO.htm
Oh yes, this KILLED me to see/hear. It is such a one-sided, colonial perspective. Most people will never get to experience what is left of the Mayan (or any native for that matter) culture first-hand and this will do much damage when people see it as "historial" or "factual". The things portrayed in this movie was such a small segment of the culture and ignores so much else... it would be like if in 1,000 years our current culture is eradicated and someone made a movie about the Branch Dividians (or some other cult) to show how bad we were... oh this subject just get me going!

Black Orchid is offline  
#194 of 294 Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
 
Zannalyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: land of Weird Wonderful and Woo-woo
Posts: 690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought you might like to know there are a couple excellent articles in the Feb/March '08 issue of The Mountain Astrologer magazine about Pluto in Capricorn (it just entered), and also one about Chiron, Neptune and Jupiter in Aquarius, which happens next year. They are both very interesting articles, and neither totally gloom and doom, nor insanely optimistic. Enjoy.
Zannalyn is offline  
#195 of 294 Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: "It's Chinatown, Jake"
Posts: 12,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Thought you might like to know there are a couple excellent articles in the Feb/March '08 issue of The Mountain Astrologer magazine about Pluto in Capricorn (it just entered), and also one about Chiron, Neptune and Jupiter in Aquarius, which happens next year. They are both very interesting articles, and neither totally gloom and doom, nor insanely optimistic. Enjoy.
just coming in to post the same thing. Zan beat me to the punch. I agree that the Mountain Astrologer has a great balanced approach to the information.

big thumbs up on it

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

 

Tracy is offline  
#196 of 294 Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 AM
 
Cloverlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Madison
Posts: 1,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Trying to keep positive... I shouldn't be reading this stuff at 3am!


Cloverlove is offline  
#197 of 294 Old 05-10-2008, 05:00 AM
 
Mama2Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida!
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's funny how you always seem to find exactly what you're looking for when you don't even know you're looking for it! I just became interested in astrology; literally, a week ago. A Jordan Maxwell video is what did it.

So, how can we get this thread rolling again?

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

Mama2Dane is offline  
#198 of 294 Old 05-15-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: "It's Chinatown, Jake"
Posts: 12,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
bumping.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

 

Tracy is offline  
#199 of 294 Old 05-15-2008, 05:07 PM
 
Yinsum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Big Blue Marble
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing.
I haven't read the entire thread, but I didn't want to miss any new posts.
Yinsum is offline  
#200 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 01:12 PM
 
MomInFlux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Posts: 1,835
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read this article this morning. It's interesting on many levels, not the least of which is that the author of a new climate change paper calls 2012 the "tipping point" beyond which there is no return for civilization as we know it. Personally, (and sorry for being so glum on a lovely Friday morning) I don't think we're going to make it.
MomInFlux is offline  
#201 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 07:09 PM
 
Yinsum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Big Blue Marble
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInFlux View Post
I read this article this morning. It's interesting on many levels, not the least of which is that the author of a new climate change paper calls 2012 the "tipping point" beyond which there is no return for civilization as we know it. Personally, (and sorry for being so glum on a lovely Friday morning) I don't think we're going to make it.
I am trying to be calm through all of this especially with the about face of the magnetic poles. What does one do? Is there nothing to do? Is it ust the end?
Yinsum is offline  
#202 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:05 PM
A&A
 
A&A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 16,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
A&A is offline  
#203 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:09 PM
A&A
 
A&A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 16,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
. if our gut says we need to move, change jobs, downsize, move to be closer to someone... whatever.. then my feeling is follow thy gut.
A question about this..............when you mention "change jobs".........do you mean for better job security or income? Or just for greatest personal fulfillment while on this short life? In other words, would you take a job that is less secure, and provides less income than you current job, if it would provide much more personal satisfaction?

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
A&A is offline  
#204 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 PM
 
Mama2Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida!
Posts: 483
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lately I've been feeling this strong desire to move to Ontario to get away from the ever increasing American government control and poor healthcare situation. I'm wondering if it's something I should give serious consideration to, or just brush off as silly. My parents and brothers live in Michigan where DP and I currently live, but we could move to Canada and still be within an hour and a half of my family. There's no chance of being close to his family ever in the future unless they move out of Florida.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

Mama2Dane is offline  
#205 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: crazy with Vertigo
Posts: 2,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&A View Post
A question about this..............when you mention "change jobs".........do you mean for better job security or income? Or just for greatest personal fulfillment while on this short life? In other words, would you take a job that is less secure, and provides less income than you current job, if it would provide much more personal satisfaction?
yes, we did.

in 2006, when dd2 was born i was making nearly six figures. plus we had a bunch of income from my dh's hobby.

after she was born, ifelt compelled to be at home with her and move closer to my family. we sold our home, moved to my hometown and make our lives with 1/3 the income we had before.

it takes sacrifice and dh works hard... but he is at home with us (he turned his hobby into his business) and is always there when we need him. we are so much happier and in such a better place. i am so glad i listened to that voice, even though many around me thought i was crazy and tried to say i had bipolar for "demanding" these changes so quickly.

s to you, i know you are at an uncertain place right now. but please trust in yourself and you instinct to know what the best choice is. all these external "measures"- they don't truly matter and you can't define yourself with them. time, money, posessions... whatever. they simply do not matter, they are just the currency of our society. if you dowhat/go where your passion lies those things will come to you as you need them.

Black Orchid is offline  
#206 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: "It's Chinatown, Jake"
Posts: 12,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid View Post
yes, we did.

in 2006, when dd2 was born i was making nearly six figures. plus we had a bunch of income from my dh's hobby.

after she was born, ifelt compelled to be at home with her and move closer to my family. we sold our home, moved to my hometown and make our lives with 1/3 the income we had before.

it takes sacrifice and dh works hard... but he is at home with us (he turned his hobby into his business) and is always there when we need him. we are so much happier and in such a better place. i am so glad i listened to that voice, even though many around me thought i was crazy and tried to say i had bipolar for "demanding" these changes so quickly.

s to you, i know you are at an uncertain place right now. but please trust in yourself and you instinct to know what the best choice is. all these external "measures"- they don't truly matter and you can't define yourself with them. time, money, posessions... whatever. they simply do not matter, they are just the currency of our society. if you dowhat/go where your passion lies those things will come to you as you need them.

I agree!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

 

Tracy is offline  
#207 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: "It's Chinatown, Jake"
Posts: 12,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andee View Post
Lately I've been feeling this strong desire to move to Ontario to get away from the ever increasing American government control and poor healthcare situation. I'm wondering if it's something I should give serious consideration to, or just brush off as silly. My parents and brothers live in Michigan where DP and I currently live, but we could move to Canada and still be within an hour and a half of my family. There's no chance of being close to his family ever in the future unless they move out of Florida.

I would keep the radio tuned to that feeling. see if it gets stronger. it sounds like a plan. but keep tuning it in.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

 

Tracy is offline  
#208 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 PM
A&A
 
A&A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 16,859
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Tracy, I should have listened to you two years ago and bought gold!

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
A&A is offline  
#209 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter
 
Tracy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: "It's Chinatown, Jake"
Posts: 12,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
don't forget silver.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

 

Tracy is offline  
#210 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 07:12 PM
 
leerypolyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm glad this thread has sprung back to life!

My favorite blog for when I'm thinking about this topic is www.sharonastyk.com. She doesn't address it from an astrological viewpoint at all, but she's paying attention to ways the world might change.
leerypolyp is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off