Astrology Changes 2008-2012 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 294 Old 10-15-2007, 06:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Orchid View Post
The other thought that I have is that over the past 5-6 years I have seen a pattern in my behaviors... almost a winding down, if it can be called that... maybe it is a natural progression and is normal as I move through life's phases, but I see myself being less attached to material things. Getting affairs in order (living nearly debt free), focusing on the world around me and living more naturally with less... getting my head together spirtually and releasing a lot of the negativity that I had when I was younger.
I feel like this A LOT. I've been having a hard time putting it in words, but you summed it up very well.

And thanks for bumping up this thread! I've been wondering about it/missing it!

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#182 of 294 Old 10-15-2007, 11:28 PM

Yes, glad to see this thread is still viable- I thought I had killed it.
#183 of 294 Old 10-15-2007, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi View Post
Yes, glad to see this thread is still viable- I thought I had killed it.

No! You're no thread killer... me on the other hand......

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#184 of 294 Old 10-21-2007, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What an interesting thread! Just what I needed to read today.
#185 of 294 Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 PM

This is me, too! Maybe it's just my age/stage of life, but I think it's the times/our generation as well.

Quote:
The other thought that I have is that over the past 5-6 years I have seen a pattern in my behaviors... almost a winding down, if it can be called that... maybe it is a natural progression and is normal as I move through life's phases, but I see myself being less attached to material things. Getting affairs in order (living nearly debt free), focusing on the world around me and living more naturally with less... getting my head together spirtually and releasing a lot of the negativity that I had when I was younger.
:bump
#186 of 294 Old 11-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned

*bump*

Thinking about this lately!
#187 of 294 Old 11-09-2007, 11:45 AM

I just read the article and I needed that too.

I especially loved the part about

"We are the 2012 they were SO looking forward to."

sweet
#188 of 294 Old 11-10-2007, 05:22 AM

So what is...going on? We're so close to 2008 already! I love reading about all of this, but I don't understand all of it completely...

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#189 of 294 Old 01-02-2008, 10:15 AM

Bumping it up since 2008 is here!
#190 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 02:20 PM

Hmm, anyone watching the news lately?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/...onomy_stimulus

Hope all is well with everyone. Anyone celebrating the Chinese New Year- Earth Rat? Have a happy one!
#191 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 05:54 PM

There's something really cool happening right now which hasn't happened since the late sixties, a uranus (can't rememberexactly) anyway you can defo feel it. It happens to us all in our early forties but it's really intensified for this generation.

Just because there is change is not something to have fear about. Even economic downturns have their positive side. I remember in the early 90s there were a ton of jobs at Price Waterhouse with all the S&L s closing, for example...

Things being shaken up (Uranus) can result in a breaking up of old crystallized patterns (fear) and breaking into something new and exciting. Just don't screw it up like our parents gen did; because of not heeding the saturnian (discipline) part, just the breaking up part...
#192 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 PM

the fear of letting go is what (i think) is driving the uncertainty in the economy... i happen to think that this change is inevitable... those who do not want it will be dragged along. those of us who are preparing will be the ones in-charge, so to speak...

thanks for bumping this thread. i totally lost it in my subbed threads and it was nice to see it peeking up on page 1.

i can feel the changes accelerating... like a vibration, yk? it was like a quiet hum that is becoming louder and harder to ignore. i can see people around me who had previously been disengaged starting to catch on. i think it is a very good time for those who have knowledge of natural living to share their ideas in their communities and prosper.

#193 of 294 Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi View Post
I found this link interesting. It's doubtfull that Mayan accomplishments will ever be appreciated in the mainstream media with movies like this as top box office sellers.-

http://www.mexica-movement.org/APOCALYPTO.htm
Oh yes, this KILLED me to see/hear. It is such a one-sided, colonial perspective. Most people will never get to experience what is left of the Mayan (or any native for that matter) culture first-hand and this will do much damage when people see it as "historial" or "factual". The things portrayed in this movie was such a small segment of the culture and ignores so much else... it would be like if in 1,000 years our current culture is eradicated and someone made a movie about the Branch Dividians (or some other cult) to show how bad we were... oh this subject just get me going!

#194 of 294 Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM

Thought you might like to know there are a couple excellent articles in the Feb/March '08 issue of The Mountain Astrologer magazine about Pluto in Capricorn (it just entered), and also one about Chiron, Neptune and Jupiter in Aquarius, which happens next year. They are both very interesting articles, and neither totally gloom and doom, nor insanely optimistic. Enjoy.
#195 of 294 Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Thought you might like to know there are a couple excellent articles in the Feb/March '08 issue of The Mountain Astrologer magazine about Pluto in Capricorn (it just entered), and also one about Chiron, Neptune and Jupiter in Aquarius, which happens next year. They are both very interesting articles, and neither totally gloom and doom, nor insanely optimistic. Enjoy.
just coming in to post the same thing. Zan beat me to the punch. I agree that the Mountain Astrologer has a great balanced approach to the information.

big thumbs up on it

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#196 of 294 Old 03-26-2008, 05:28 AM

Trying to keep positive... I shouldn't be reading this stuff at 3am!

#197 of 294 Old 05-10-2008, 05:00 AM

It's funny how you always seem to find exactly what you're looking for when you don't even know you're looking for it! I just became interested in astrology; literally, a week ago. A Jordan Maxwell video is what did it.

So, how can we get this thread rolling again?

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#198 of 294 Old 05-15-2008, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

bumping.

#199 of 294 Old 05-15-2008, 05:07 PM

Subbing.
I haven't read the entire thread, but I didn't want to miss any new posts.
#200 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 01:12 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
I read this article this morning. It's interesting on many levels, not the least of which is that the author of a new climate change paper calls 2012 the "tipping point" beyond which there is no return for civilization as we know it. Personally, (and sorry for being so glum on a lovely Friday morning) I don't think we're going to make it.
#201 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomInFlux View Post
I read this article this morning. It's interesting on many levels, not the least of which is that the author of a new climate change paper calls 2012 the "tipping point" beyond which there is no return for civilization as we know it. Personally, (and sorry for being so glum on a lovely Friday morning) I don't think we're going to make it.
I am trying to be calm through all of this especially with the about face of the magnetic poles. What does one do? Is there nothing to do? Is it ust the end?
#202 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:05 PM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#203 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:09 PM
A&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
. if our gut says we need to move, change jobs, downsize, move to be closer to someone... whatever.. then my feeling is follow thy gut.
A question about this..............when you mention "change jobs".........do you mean for better job security or income? Or just for greatest personal fulfillment while on this short life? In other words, would you take a job that is less secure, and provides less income than you current job, if it would provide much more personal satisfaction?

#204 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:53 PM

Lately I've been feeling this strong desire to move to Ontario to get away from the ever increasing American government control and poor healthcare situation. I'm wondering if it's something I should give serious consideration to, or just brush off as silly. My parents and brothers live in Michigan where DP and I currently live, but we could move to Canada and still be within an hour and a half of my family. There's no chance of being close to his family ever in the future unless they move out of Florida.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#205 of 294 Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&A View Post
A question about this..............when you mention "change jobs".........do you mean for better job security or income? Or just for greatest personal fulfillment while on this short life? In other words, would you take a job that is less secure, and provides less income than you current job, if it would provide much more personal satisfaction?
yes, we did.

in 2006, when dd2 was born i was making nearly six figures. plus we had a bunch of income from my dh's hobby.

after she was born, ifelt compelled to be at home with her and move closer to my family. we sold our home, moved to my hometown and make our lives with 1/3 the income we had before.

it takes sacrifice and dh works hard... but he is at home with us (he turned his hobby into his business) and is always there when we need him. we are so much happier and in such a better place. i am so glad i listened to that voice, even though many around me thought i was crazy and tried to say i had bipolar for "demanding" these changes so quickly.

s to you, i know you are at an uncertain place right now. but please trust in yourself and you instinct to know what the best choice is. all these external "measures"- they don't truly matter and you can't define yourself with them. time, money, posessions... whatever. they simply do not matter, they are just the currency of our society. if you dowhat/go where your passion lies those things will come to you as you need them.

#206 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
yes, we did.

in 2006, when dd2 was born i was making nearly six figures. plus we had a bunch of income from my dh's hobby.

after she was born, ifelt compelled to be at home with her and move closer to my family. we sold our home, moved to my hometown and make our lives with 1/3 the income we had before.

it takes sacrifice and dh works hard... but he is at home with us (he turned his hobby into his business) and is always there when we need him. we are so much happier and in such a better place. i am so glad i listened to that voice, even though many around me thought i was crazy and tried to say i had bipolar for "demanding" these changes so quickly.

s to you, i know you are at an uncertain place right now. but please trust in yourself and you instinct to know what the best choice is. all these external "measures"- they don't truly matter and you can't define yourself with them. time, money, posessions... whatever. they simply do not matter, they are just the currency of our society. if you dowhat/go where your passion lies those things will come to you as you need them.

I agree!

#207 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andee View Post
Lately I've been feeling this strong desire to move to Ontario to get away from the ever increasing American government control and poor healthcare situation. I'm wondering if it's something I should give serious consideration to, or just brush off as silly. My parents and brothers live in Michigan where DP and I currently live, but we could move to Canada and still be within an hour and a half of my family. There's no chance of being close to his family ever in the future unless they move out of Florida.

I would keep the radio tuned to that feeling. see if it gets stronger. it sounds like a plan. but keep tuning it in.

#208 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 07:01 PM
A&A

Tracy, I should have listened to you two years ago and bought gold!

#209 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

don't forget silver.

#210 of 294 Old 05-17-2008, 07:12 PM

I'm glad this thread has sprung back to life!

My favorite blog for when I'm thinking about this topic is www.sharonastyk.com. She doesn't address it from an astrological viewpoint at all, but she's paying attention to ways the world might change.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page