Astrology Changes 2008-2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am putting up this thread so that other threads do not unravel (The Secret & Treasure Map). And I want to say up front I would be the person responsible for the unraveling since I mentioned The bumps we are about to have--- starting in 2008 and it got a lot of people concerned and that kind of just might have been too much information.----at least for those threads... so here is the thread dedicated to that information.

In order to avoid a crash course in Astrology.... I will say this. Whenever Pluto changes sign... everyone should get a seat down front because there is going to be a good ass fight coming up. It does not do anything simple.

Here's the deal about Pluto. All planets circle the sun. mercury, venus, mars.. etc. And so does Pluto but there is a difference. They are are on different axis. Huh? what does that mean.

It means that when all the other planets go around the sun they are all circling it like on a clock face... they are on 3 and they swing out and they go back into the clock at 9. mercury, venus, mars..etc... but not Pluto... Pluto does not swing out like that. Pluto is more like on 12 and it swings back in at 6. It is on a completely different axis point. And because it is the furtherst planet out, it lassos the other planets... so it is a planet in astrology that rules Generations. It sets the tone of the stages.. in a generational manner... The Great Depression, The Cold War.. etc.

pluto spends many years in a sign.. at least 16.

And like I said when Pluto goes into a sign you get a whole new ballgame.

When Pluto was in the sign Cancer we had WW I & The Great Depression.

When Pluto was in Leo we had World War II

Pluto in Virgo Cold War

Pluto in Libra ---70's: Freedom of Love, Divorces, Gay Rights, Bra burning... basically a new take on love...what it means.

pluto in Scorpio Mid 80's---Aids. Greed. Corruption (S&L scandals)...

pluto in Sag---Mid 90's...OJ/Columbine/9/11/Iraq... it is still in Sag as we speak.... and we're not done with these lessons.

And when Pluto moves into Capricorn we will begin 'those' changes.

If any of you are Capricorns... or if you know Capricorns.. then you know what Capricorn is all about. Gosh, knows they are the hardest working signs in the zodiac... patient...tough..sometimes cold...business first...kind of thing... and when Pluto goes through this sign we should expect changes in businesses....the greed of the 80's and the hype of the 90's..will have a drench of cold (reality check) water when pluto makes its move.

If you don't know much about Capricorn...here's a basic link:
I kind of like this description of cap beause it is more positive than others...

http://www.astrology-online.com/capricrn.htm

Here is a link to a take on Pluto in Capricorn that is a bit more 'up' but even it has to acknowledge the down before the up:

Quote:
As Pluto nears Capricorn this time around, entering in 2009, we are approaching the celebrated end-date of the Mayan Calendar which concludes a count of time running 26,625 years. This is the approximate amount of time required for the points of the equinox to traverse an entire circle of the heavens. The Mayans begin and end their reckoning of time with the conjunction of the winter solstice Sun to the center of the Milky Way galaxy. On winter solstice 2012 this occurs with Pluto in Capricorn. Interestingly, by one reckoning, Mayan civilization was established in the 4th century of the Christian calendar with Pluto in Capricorn.

Many of us fear further oppression and the growing of a police state. To the extent that we project our responsibility for crafting the fabric of our experience onto "the Government," the police state will arise to provide the discipline that we unconsciously desire. In many ways the police state is already with us with the War on Drugs, the War on Terror and the Class War all keeping us in constant fear and willingness to hand over our rights and accept monstrosities like the Patriot Act. Pluto in Capricorn could be about taking down this tower of lies, making our desires for peace and freedom real by the force of our actions, if we have the courage to act.

As resources dwindle we certainly won't be able to maintain the levels of consumption we've grown accustomed to in the industrialized nations. Like Rome bursting at the seams at the end of Pluto in Sagittarius in the 3rd century, we're seeing an unprecedented level of consumption in the industrialized nations threatening to destroy our entire biosphere as we welcome war and ignore such grave threats as global warming and pollution. In the time of Diocletian only a portion of the Earth was covered by the gluttonous beast of Empire; the Empire now covers the entire planet with every square inch mapped, zoned, and accounted for by the landlords/warlords who would like to squeeze every last drop of oil from the good green Earth.

After the transit of the centaurs Chiron and Nessus through Capricorn many of us are beginning to wake up to the fact that business as usual is killing us. "The Environment" is already establishing itself in our awareness with hurricanes, earthquakes and weird weather planet-wide. Some of us are getting the message now with Pluto in Sagittarius; Capricorn will be the time to establish our inspirations, to make them real or die trying.
http://planetwavesweekly.com/paralle...capricorn.html

and for a bit more on pluto's transits... and pluto in capricorn go here:

Quote:
Pluto in Sagittarius from 1995 to 2008 has of course evoked the spectre of international terror and religious fundamentalism. As a mutable sign Sagittarius creates polarity, and today we have the idea of a war of civilizations. The root cause of terror is probably injustice, which Pluto in Sagittarius seeks to redress by its own methods, but the terror of Muslim extremists is also about fighting the Great Satan of America, and the sexual flagrancy and material indulgence of the West... a last-ditch attempt to save an outdated worldview.

Governments invest enormous resources into avoiding the consequences of terror. In Switzerland today, no new houses can be build without a nuclear fallout shelter. (There is no need to worry about humanity being eliminated by an all-out nuclear war... the Swiss will survive.) Likewise, a general political reaction to international terror today is control and surveillance.

Which brings us to Pluto’s coming transit of Capricorn from January 2008 to 2024. (Those Pluto transits are getting longer – as a result of its eccentric orbit Pluto actually only spends 12 years in Scorpio whilst it will be 33 years in Taurus.) Most English people are pleased to note that the bombers responsible for the London bombings on July 7th, 2005 were conveniently identified on CCTV. Indeed the average English person’s movements outside their houses can be tracked from morning to night in Britain, which has the highest proportion of outdoor cameras anywhere in the world. Cameras which can zoom and be moved remotely; cameras which can see night and day. Iris scanning has been implemented at airports, so in the years to come it will be an instantaneous process to identity all international travellers. To identify you and me.

Pluto in Capricorn is a 16 year period where government consolidates autocratic power in the name of security. The fuel that will give governments a mandate to do this is anxiety and terror. This is why the long and drawn-out Uranus in Aries square to Pluto from 2011 to 2115 is so potentially dangerous. People who value their independence will rebel against this surveillance and control.

The signature of Pluto in Capricorn has already been designed, and it can be seen in the construction of the Shanghai World Financial Centre, which coincidentally is to be 492 meters in height. (A Neptune/Pluto conjunction takes place every 492 years.) Looking at a picture of the tower, it almost appears as a modern Pluto symbol, with a circle cradled into a curved V form rising up through its 95 storeys. The circle at its top is a hole – not I am sure designed for airliners to fly through, but to relieve wind pressure.

The project is scheduled for completion in 2008, as Pluto enters Capricorn, giving an intimation of the enormous power big business will wield during this transit. During this time small groups of super-powerful people will wield enormous influence, and much of this will take place secretly. Democracy will be too dangerous to leave to the people. States are liable to assume a more dictatorial rule, partly because of fear of losing control to terrorists, or maybe just to democrats.

This building may also be a symbol of a shift of economic power from West to East – the destruction of the World Trade Centre in New York clearing the path for the coming tallest building in the world, the Shanghai World Financial Centre. The exporting of jobs overseas in the Pluto in Sagittarius era has empowered Asia, and there may be little the outdated institutions of Europe and America can do about this. Pluto in Capricorn will initiate a painful transformation of Western business structures. Business will move east, and power concentrated in an international elite who owe allegiance to no one nation. Many Western countries have significant political and economic entities that started on New Year’s day with the Sun at 9 Capricorn, so there can be little doubt that the period 2012 – 2014 will be a period of crisis and transformation because of the Pluto/Uranus square around this degree.

Of course America itself was born with Pluto at 27 degrees Capricorn, and it has managed to maintain a reasonable democracy since 1771, though this is perhaps more due to its exalted Saturn in Libra. Certainly there are Americans that feel that power is concentrated in the hands of a secretive elite, and the mass of conspiracy theories spawned in America about anything from the assassination of Kennedy to the “demolition” of the World Trade Centre” is a testimony to the Mercury/Pluto opposition in the US chart. Pluto in Capricorn in USA’s 2nd house shows the power of corporate might and finance, and it is an open question today during George W Bush’s government just how much power big business has on the Republican machine.

When Pluto transits a sign it leaves a swathe of destruction, but what is destroyed has often outlived its relevance. Big business elites will not survive the Pluto transit, but will in turn be transformed. The invasive hand of government will not be allowed to stifle individuals, or to reduce those who do not have the privilege of power to slaves in the hierarchy. By the time Pluto enters Aquarius – in 2023 – humanitarian concerns will sweep away autocracy. The price of fanatical ambition will have been too high. The doctrine of the survival of the fittest – or of the most highly qualified – will give way to a violent levelling process.

It is at this time that the Saturn/Jupiter cycle enters air signs for a period of 200 years, and the scourge of materialism will be replaced by lofty social values. The harnessing of light will transform industry, and the burning of fossil fuels will be a quaint and nostalgic tradition. Pluto in Aquarius will transform the power of thought. Keyboards will cease to exist, implanted probably, and screens will be everywhere in a festival of light. The dictatorship of the corporation will give way to the dictatorship of group consciousness; you will be free to do anything, just as long as you don’t try to give up your membership. When Pluto comes into Pisces in 2043, we’ll surely be in need of the resurrection.

okay--- so that gives you a little lesson in pluto's upcoming transit in capriconr... but what is all the business about 2012...you ask?

again it is a bit more astro talk...but basically pluto and the planet Uranus are going to be working towards a square with each other...a square is an angle...90 degrees... you know the expression, "square off"...it fits the aspect...The Uranus-Pluto square will begin forming in the summer of 2008, this will form and reform and be off an on until 2019. It will be most exact in 2014 and 2015, ..... at that time it is extra yuchy for the US because it will form a cross with the US Sun-Saturn square. and those are the most difficult aspects..sigh.

here is a bit more about the square....

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&cd=19

okay...so that gives you a basic little intro to some of the stuff off shore... and just to repeat what my own thoughts.. the stars impel they don't compel meaning.. we are in charge of our life, but what we do during this weather forcast is up to us....
No one should be scared... we should just harness our energies as in The Secret.. or even like in our Treasure Maps... and we should have an antenna up... if our gut says we need to move, change jobs, downsize, move to be closer to someone... whatever.. then my feeling is follow thy gut.

hth

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
would it be terribly pompous of me to mention the phoenix??? i have to read the thinks and mull this over but it does remind me of the crash, burn, reborn, rebuild cycle of the phoenix.
#3 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Banned

Thanks so much for posting Tracy. Obviously you did not learn astrology from Professor Trelawney. (real need to lighten things up right now)

I just want to add:

Be sure of what you want. Picture it clearly in your mind and think of nothing else and it will become your reality. Let's all make sure fear is not part of the equation. Positive energy has much more power then negative energy. (think about that, it doesn't seem so sometimes.)

hmmmm....what a great opportunity to learn and grow.

peace vic:-)
#4 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 PM

Tracy as I posted on the Secret thread I think you are telling us MDCers about this to help, I feel you are coming from a place of love and compassion and I thank you for bringing it up.

Thank you.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#5 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 PM

I was just looking at the other thread. I find this all fascinating.

So something that was touched on a bit, but if it was totally answered I missed it. I got that this is hte time we need to be focusing on getting our ducks ina row, preparing for tough times. Dh and I have just started getting really serious about paying off debts, building savings, paying off the car, etc... Basically getting our financial lives in order. It's a long road ahead but we are really feeling good about it, positive we can do it.

So should we be worrie dbaout hte financial insitutions? We are not investng at all yet, no stock market for us. But what about banks. Is it cool to keep all our savings in the bank as we've been planning, or should we be starting, as someone called it, a mattress fund? Keep our money at home?

Should we just follow our gut on this one, as in we'll know when the right time is to make big changes?

I just, I can see that we should be preparing for tough times all around so how far should we take that? I want to be prepared, at the same time I don't want to be reactionary and hasty. Advise or words of wisdom?
#6 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 09:21 PM

Thanks for posting this, Tracy! Good info.....

What's cool is that ds will graduate hs in 2022....right before Pluto enters Aquarius. I think he'll be entering his adulthood at a fantastic time.

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
#7 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahNH
I was just looking at the other thread. I find this all fascinating.

So something that was touched on a bit, but if it was totally answered I missed it. I got that this is hte time we need to be focusing on getting our ducks ina row, preparing for tough times. Dh and I have just started getting really serious about paying off debts, building savings, paying off the car, etc... Basically getting our financial lives in order. It's a long road ahead but we are really feeling good about it, positive we can do it.

So should we be worrie dbaout hte financial insitutions? We are not investng at all yet, no stock market for us. But what about banks. Is it cool to keep all our savings in the bank as we've been planning, or should we be starting, as someone called it, a mattress fund? Keep our money at home?

Should we just follow our gut on this one, as in we'll know when the right time is to make big changes?

I just, I can see that we should be preparing for tough times all around so how far should we take that? I want to be prepared, at the same time I don't want to be reactionary and hasty. Advise or words of wisdom?
I know what you mean about the mattress fund....i can not deny I don't feel it and in fact a friend and I have discussed buying gold...although I can not imagine putting it all there.

we currently have some stocks and t'bills... and some of the stocks in international currency. this is one of those gut things... I told dh if we start seeing some stuff that pushes my comfort zone then I am going to suggest we do something different..and I'm not sure what that will be..yet.

I honestly don't know about banks... frankly there is a part of me that doesn't know about actual money either.... but like I said I think we will have a pretty good idea before hand...

you know before the stock market crashed in the united states in '29 it crashed first in England.

we have to watch the world.....imo

#8 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Thanks. I guess we'll just take it as it comes. What else can you really do anyway right

And I wanted to say that I see you Tracy all over this board explaing things and trying to help all us random strangers make sense of it all. That's really cool and it is definitely appreciated. There are lots of things I wouldn't have heard of if not for you and right now I am getting ready to plunge into some personal reading and exploring on the subjects.

Don't want you to feel taken fro granted here :
#9 of 294 Old 07-28-2006, 11:23 PM

Thanks, actually this is a good thing for dh, we had our charts done and it's around this time that things are really good in his chart (mine not so much, still more time) he has alot of positive transits. SO there is that personal consideration, as well.

There is also always good in the hard times, though, I've had a hard neptune transit and have learned alot,(it has been rough) also the saturn return was a biggie, etc. Who knows what will happen? It's pretty fascinating.
#10 of 294 Old 07-29-2006, 12:37 AM

Subscribing. My ephemerides are in boxes and it's not easy for me to think that far ahead when in the midst of moving. : Yes, I know it's only a couple years.
I am focusing on getting my ducks in a row, as you say, for now and getting things flowing well. We are getting rid of excess stuff while we pack, and I am getting ready to feng shui the new apartment as we move into it. I feel like once we have our own space, and it is set up (reasonably) well, I will be able to move forward on other things. Right now I'm practicing the art of grattitude, building it into a habit (slowly). (And yes, I want to watch The Secret soon) All we really have is right NOW, and what we carry within us.

I remember a discussion at an astology gathering about Pluto entering Sagittarius shortly before that occurred. Some people talked about contact with aliens and other far out ideas. And changes in religion, and dealing with fundamentalists. I wondered about refugees, as Sag rules foreign travel...

Thanks for starting this thread, Tracy. Lots to think about.
#11 of 294 Old 07-29-2006, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn
I remember a discussion at an astology gathering about Pluto entering Sagittarius shortly before that occurred. Some people talked about contact with aliens and other far out ideas. And changes in religion, and dealing with fundamentalists. I wondered about refugees, as Sag rules foreign travel...

Thanks for starting this thread, Tracy. Lots to think about.
Funny you bring up the alien thing... I never really thought about it but this merc retrograde it kind of came up and I mentioned it on a thread in News....and it got me thinking that it might be during pluto in cap that they will show up big time... then someone mentioned that sylvia brown said that aliens will be on earth in 2010...curious.
bytheway..not that they aren't here already..maybe just more noticeable then?

#12 of 294 Old 07-29-2006, 12:49 AM

Tracy,
I recently ordered a subscription to Mountain Astrologer magazine, but quite a bit of it is over my head. Where does a girl go to learn about astrology in a more in depth way. I don't want to spend alot of money, but I was thinking some online classes might be nice.
#13 of 294 Old 07-29-2006, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

not just for goodcents..but for anyone interested...

start here.. the price is right and it is a good primer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/156...lance&n=283155

#14 of 294 Old 07-29-2006, 10:04 AM

I like Steven Forrest's The Inner Sky for a good introduction to reading a birth chart. Easy to read, and a positive slant that still has lots of depth.
#15 of 294 Old 07-29-2006, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Zannalyn....

Awhile ago I heard something about Solar Storms.. I put it in my brain and then like all moms... quickly forgot about it.

But curiously today I actually had a moment (DH was doing stuff with DS) and I was lying on bed watching The Discovery Channel... and a piece all about Solar Storms....was airing. I watched it from beginning to end... and near the end it was indicated that the next big solar storms will be in 2011.

then I did a little google search and found this link to NASA.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...ormwarning.htm

and I noted this...

Quote:
All this happens with massive slowness. "It takes about 40 years for the belt to complete one loop," says Hathaway. The speed varies "anywhere from a 50-year pace (slow) to a 30-year pace (fast)."

When the belt is turning "fast," it means that lots of magnetic fields are being swept up, and that a future sunspot cycle is going to be intense. This is a basis for forecasting: "The belt was turning fast in 1986-1996," says Hathaway. "Old magnetic fields swept up then should re-appear as big sunspots in 2010-2011."

Like most experts in the field, Hathaway has confidence in the conveyor belt model and agrees with Dikpati that the next solar maximum should be a doozy. But he disagrees with one point. Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

"History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011."

Who's right? Time will tell. Either way, a storm is coming.
Note that some will be re-appearing in late '06 and '07... it will be interesting to see if those knock out satellites and electricity anywhere.. like the ones in Quebec a few years ago. There is so much more technology since the bigger ones hit.. cell phones have multiplied, cyber space... etc.... those who live off the grid of course will be in a good position...but still it is all very interesting....

a bit more on solar storms:

http://www.discoverychannel.com.au/p...rm/index.shtml

I just wonder about Uranus...know what I mean?

#16 of 294 Old 07-30-2006, 10:45 AM

Fascinating.

I have heard of solar storms and maximums. In Steven Forrest's The Night Speaks he talks about this cycle.... Of course all my books are in boxes. : He's the only astrologer I've encoutered so far who speculates on astrological meanings of newer astronomical knowledge. I heard him speak about black holes and such once at a conference and it was fascinating.

It sounds big and it makes sense with Uranus's association with electricity. All this on top of deregulation : So Uranus and the power grid issues squaring Pluto in Capricorn, the established powers of business. Yup. I bet the storms are part of that. Remember that big blackout in the northeast a few years back? Just imagine if it was bigger, say down through DC...

Isn't the military working on electromagnetic weapons to knock out the power grid in cities they are attacking? They should be working on ways for us (the people!) to be ok if our power goes out. But the current administration seem to only think in terms of offense, not defense.

gtg read to my boy... I'm glad to be thinking about all this, though, and I have more to post when I have less interruptions....
#17 of 294 Old 07-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

Tracy,

Does your gut say these aliens are benevolent or not so friendly?
#18 of 294 Old 07-30-2006, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

debrabaker.. I'm not sure...but I've been thinking about it maybe the thing I'm vibing on is the solar storm thingy..... which ties into the Uranus thing (astrologically speaking)...

#19 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 12:23 AM

I'm thinking of a folky song from the 80's called "The Aliens Came in Business Suits"... the last line is "and the aliens were us!"
Seriously, I don't know anything about real aliens. But the business suits part.... I've been thinking about Pluto in Capricorn and corporate control, and reading a really excellent book called Armed Madhouse by Greg Palast, an investigative reporter. This isn't at all from the astrological or spiritual side, just the facts of what's going on and who's with whom.
And it's got me thinking about Neptune, because oil is astrologically ruled by Neptune, and a whole lot of what is going on in the world right now is about oil. So, Tracy, what's up with Neptune during 2008-2012? (and why did I let dh box my ephemeris? At least I thought to have him mark the box)

My feeling for some years now has been that I want to live somwhere with plenty of fresh water. I was out in CA (Bay Area) for awhile in the late '80's early '90's, and I loved it in many ways, but when I came back here, well... I feel safer being someplace that's so green.

If you want an astrologer's take on the Mayan Calendar, Bruce Scofield has written some excellent stuff. His article in The Mountain Astrologer (last year, I think...) explained the Mayan cycles and numbers and astronomy really well. He points out at the end that it's pretty obvious that the poopy is going to hit the fan soon, without any ancient prophecies telling us so; all you have to do is look around.:
#20 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 03:41 PM

I can’t understand why being debt free is a good thing. If the economy collapses and money is rare or worthless, what does it matter?

My FIL had a friend who owned many houses during the depression. He said that he would never EVER pay off a mortgage again because he was royally screwed when people stopped paying rent, but if he had the mortgage he could just hand over the house to the bank, but would still have the money available from what he mortgaged.

Even with CC debt, if money has no value, are the CC companies going to demand payment in gold? It would seem to me that going into debt to prepare might be a good thing.

Please enlighten my as to why getting out of debt is so important.
#21 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 PM

Yeah, I agree with Kerry. I think assets are more in danger, tho I guess it wouldnt matter either way.
#22 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 05:00 PM

Kerry that is an interesting point. I read this book a while back called the coming crash of the real estate market, and it basically said something to that effect. like you want to hold on to as much cash as you can, because if you have cash you are in a stronger negotiating position in the event that you default on your mortgage.
#23 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

The Debt business....

Yeah, I know there is something to the thought of 'what the heck, why not just line up the debt and not worry about it.."

I guess that can be true... my own feeling is that I think the process of 2008 until 2012 is a 4 year window.. and the build during it could mean a lot of problems for people with debt.. meaning it could be uglier before it got better ...just knowing capricorn energy as well as I do.. I would just say I think it is wisest to have have as little debt as possible when the sh**t starts to hit the fan.. because even though I believe we will feel pluto's new transit almost immediately... the unraveling is a process...and I think there will be a way to screw over those with debt.. even though I think the problem really originates with the predatory nature of some of these lenders more than those with credit card debt.

Just to reiterate... my own understanding before Pluto went into Sag and one I mentioned to friends was.. "well, if we don't find a god during pluto's transit in Sag and if we don't learn religious toleration during pluto's transit in sag"..well, it is going to be a bumpy road." And as you can see were still working it out. sigh. Imagine if the whole world had on their 'toleration' hat ... well, now as we are on the outter edges of Pluto's move from sag to cap.. I say.. well, if we can't learn how to live like a cap.. who can make 1 dollar feel like 10...and can be very prudent.. well, I just think the bumps are there....

btw, when I am talking about debt, I'm not so much talking about mortgages as more unsecure debt. But if the quality of life is suffering because the mortgage is nosebleed high..that probably is something that might need to be adjusted before 2008. again, just my thoughts from my little corner. But I am so enjoying the brainstorming we are all doing here...

#24 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

Zannalyn, Neptune is totally in the mix. I will try and come back and add to it.... Obviously at some point Neptune will transit into its home sign Pisces..which is like Oil on oil, right?

#25 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

I guess the sense I'm getting is to get out of CC debt and start living simply.

Stuff that is nourishing at any time.

But if you, say, had an extra $20,000 to spend, it may be a better time to invest in a solar system than a car of other goodies. I'm really starting to want solar cells on my roof so I can go on even if something should happen to the electric grid.

And I didn't see Tracy saying the entire system would collapse, I'm sure once the dust settles, the Chinese will still be standing looking for their payments.
#26 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebraBaker
I guess the sense I'm getting is to get out of CC debt and start living simply.

Stuff that is nourishing at any time.

But if you, say, had an extra $20,000 to spend, it may be a better time to invest in a solar system than a car of other goodies. I'm really starting to want solar cells on my roof so I can go on even if something should happen to the electric grid.

And I didn't see Tracy saying the entire system would collapse, I'm sure once the dust settles, the Chinese will still be standing looking for their payments.
oh, debra your post made me laugh. and yes, I want to reiterate, I absolutely believe we will all make it through this time...and solar panels make a lot of sense to me.

#27 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Banned

Again, I apologize for treating this thread like a personal chat with Tracy (bless her,) but student debt =good debt, still, right?

It took a lot for me to think about going into student debt because I'm one of those women who pays off the principle of both credit cards I own every month.
#28 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Banned

One more thing (and if I think of another, I'll simply start my own thread!) is it risky to start doing a lot of *saving*?

I usually think the more we save, the better. We're completely vested in dh's company's 401k and we try to have a safe amount in personal savings, but I'm starting to think it may be better to get some ducks in a row.

I get a sense that it won't be a total collapse, but something sort of different like the late 1970's were harsh and like nothing we had seen but more severe.

Sigh, sorry to monopolize, Tracy et. al.
#29 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 06:41 PM

I would love to get specific and talk food, fuel, cash, gold, ect.
#30 of 294 Old 07-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

I'm thinking about buying some gold, but I get a strong sense that I shouldn't stockpile food and energy.

This is a bit personal.

About eight years ago, I got a strong pull (I believe from G-d) that I shouldn't horde. That I shouldn't store clothing from one child to another because there were children in the present tense who could use the clothing.

Tied into this was a sense that hording was like not having faith for provision, that if I gave away I would be given even more because it was creating a flow instead of stagnation.

That time period marked the beginning of prosperity for our family.
We are blessed and I believe this is one element of that.

I'm not sure if this is a personal thing or something for other people as well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page