~~August Pagan Mamas Circle~~ - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 610 Old 08-12-2006, 11:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I love fall too. :
Speaking of scary movies... I can't believe the stuff I watched when I was 12 (my dd turned 12 in July) I would never let her see that stuff.
I'm looking forwards to our homeschool park days and filling the crockpot and coming home to those yummy smells and hot food!

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#302 of 610 Old 08-12-2006, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13moons
Thanks! I haven't seen that but it was with Tom Hanks, right? looked very cute.
Yes, it has Tom Hanks and to be honest, usually I avoid him like the plague. But, it's funny without being too cute. Coen brothers always put a nice edge on it.

What a day! I was feeling all mopey because dh had to work. We went to karate class and then a karate demonstration at a sad little town fair. Beside my dd being great- of course - there were two brown belt teen age girls who- frankly- kicked ass! They were so strong and beautiful, it almost made me cry. Our society- the whole world it seems- just takes away power from teenage girls (be weak because it is so much more attractive!), this was great to see!

DD # 2 is really learning to use the potty. Keeps us busy. Training underpants are so cute!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#303 of 610 Old 08-12-2006, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree
Speaking of scary movies... I can't believe the stuff I watched when I was 12 (my dd turned 12 in July) I would never let her see that stuff.
I know! I was thinking about that after talking about Children of the Corn this morning. By the time I was my dd's age, I know I had watched that, The Shining, Cujo, however many Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween movies had been released by then, a plethora of crappy B horror flicks and who knows what else. And I watched them all with my friends so I know it wasn't just my parents that were so permissive. So weird.:

Speaking of daughters, I just heard my daughter singing 80s Madonna songs in her room. Well, some things don't change I guess.
#304 of 610 Old 08-12-2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia
What a day! I was feeling all mopey because dh had to work. We went to karate class and then a karate demonstration at a sad little town fair. Beside my dd being great- of course - there were two brown belt teen age girls who- frankly- kicked ass! They were so strong and beautiful, it almost made me cry. Our society- the whole world it seems- just takes away power from teenage girls (be weak because it is so much more attractive!), this was great to see!

DD # 2 is really learning to use the potty. Keeps us busy. Training underpants are so cute!
That is awesome! I love it when my kids get to see real examples of girls being praised and stuff for their strength, brains, etc.--very cool!

And congrats on the potty learning!

Off to put the movie on my netflix list...
#305 of 610 Old 08-12-2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13moons
Speaking of daughters, I just heard my daughter singing 80s Madonna songs in her room. Well, some things don't change I guess.
No way! That kills me. If I ever hear my daughters listening to Duran Duran I think I'll just have to freak!: (Yes, I was a big Duran Duran fan in the 80's : I don't usually admit this...)

#306 of 610 Old 08-12-2006, 11:44 PM

My 16 year old regularly plays AC / DC, Guns and Roses, Ozzy, The Ramones etc. etc. on the CD player and on his guitar! It's great having a kid with the same taste in music as me!!!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#307 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 12:34 AM

Yeah, my kids love the same stuff I do from The Beatles to Metallica to the cheesy 80s stuff, celtic music, etc. and everything in between. But yeah, to hear her actually singing along was a crack up.
#308 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 12:57 AM

I LOVED DURAN DURAN! : :
My very best friend when I was in middle school came to Tucson to take me to a Duran duran concert back in 2003 (I was in my first trimester with ds#3 and was so pukey!) They played this small venu, it was so cool. You could see their sweat! They got old! But John Taylor looked as tasty as ever! :

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#309 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 01:44 AM

Hello again, I don't have time to catch up on this whole thread so if you all don't mind, i'll just sub and try to wiggle back in.
#310 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 05:48 AM

Of course we don't mind! Wade in!
#311 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 08:32 AM

This morning is lusciously cool. My apartment hasn't really cooled off yet though so I imagine that it's much cooler outside than I think it is. I'm going to enjoy it though because tomorrow is back to the summer weather.
I love this. It makes me want to take a hike through the woods and then fall asleep outside in a hammock. Can't do either of those so I'll just settle for playing outside with ds. LOL.
#312 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 09:08 AM

It's really getting cool here. Yesterday morning it was 6 deg Celsius out - almost frost weather! Hope my tomatoes make it. I'm not quite ready for summer to end yet, I didn't get enough time at the beach, and I've really taken to going barefoot whenever I can, and I don't want that to end. Of course fewer bugs will be nice, and I have a new (to me) wool sweater I've been dying to wear.
#313 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 11:18 AM

All this talk about fall is making me miss the season changes. The leaves changing colors, the smells, the decorations, the cooler air. I'm from Michigan and moved to Florida 2 years ago where there's two seasons, hurricane season and not hurricane season . It's pretty much warm year round except for the few cool days in winter (and by cool, I mean 60s). I do love it down here, but I realize now that I miss the fall season and everything that comes with it.
#314 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 11:20 AM

Oh, and excuse my ignorance, since I'm new, but I've seen the symbol ")O(" in quite a few signatures here. What exactly does that mean? (I have an idea, but don't want to embarrass myself by assuming wrong)
#315 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 12:35 PM

I believe that's the triple goddess symbol? That's what I always thought anyway.
#316 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my~hearts~light
I believe that's the triple goddess symbol? That's what I always thought anyway.

Maiden~Mother~Crone as well as the three phases of the moon it is represented by Waxing~Full~Waning.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#317 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace

Maiden~Mother~Crone as well as the three phases of the moon it is represented by Waxing~Full~Waning.
Thanks! That's what I thought it meant, but just wanted to double check .
#318 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 02:24 PM

I am a bit bummed today. The kids and I were going to go to a local Pagan potluck today, but some people are coming over... and they are not sure when. : I know if we go they will get here while we are gone, if we don't go they won't get here until it is over. I wouldn't care so much ,except that dd's friend is with them. SO we will just hang out here and do it next month. I was just really wanting to do it this month.

Happy Diana's Day! To everyone!

H

#319 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 02:30 PM

morning ladies! not going to completely catch up, I'm just sneaking a few minutes online before tackling another project around here- we are ripping up carpets today to refinish hardwood floors underneath- this will be fun, right?

Dopes anyone follow star charts here? I'm hopeless when it comes to the auspicious times for different things to happen, but if anyone could throw out some good and bad times in the next 2 months for making major life changes, I would appreciate! We have a big one coming up, will change nearly every part of our lifestyle, and it would be nice to think that the stars were shining on us a bit then (and "strong in the face of challenge" vibes would be great too )

off to finish taking stuff off the walls in the front room- it looks so bare in there with all the pictures, stained glass, plants, etc. gone after DH gets homes from work, it'l be time to move the furniture....urgggg

Brenda- Blessed wahmama to Sara(7) & Alex(5) 7/10 & 9/10 Living the crazy life with dh David & Charlie on our little urban farm!
#320 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 03:04 PM

Cool- Diana's Day! I had to look it up- Here is a bit about Nemoralia.

Hmmm, day of rest for women and slaves. Maybe I won't do laundry today. No rest for you, Zavierchick- that is some serious work!

"In addition, offerings of garlic are made to the Goddess of the Dark Moon, Hecate, during the festival." Well, I just dug up my garlic, so I'll have to do this!

#321 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 03:14 PM

I miss you Brenda! You've benn so busy! I'll consult my resources on times to make changes, but I think most of them depend heavily on what sort of change it is--like, if you were getting married it is a very different energy you'd want then if you were trying to sell your house, you know? Still, I'll see what I can find out.

P & A-- 6 degrees celsius! Wow--that's like 42-43 F! It's still 90 degrees Fahrenheit here everyday--so like 32 C. We don't really start to cool off until close to Halloween.

OdeToJoy--Your new DDDDC is very clever. One of those funny even though it's not things...I wish we had a giggling smiley here...
#322 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 03:16 PM

It's funny because I was the one to say that phrase. I got tagged with my own words.
#323 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy
It's funny because I was the one to say that phrase. I got tagged with my own words.
Yeah, that's how it always works for me too. The phrase is totally funny--can I borrow it sometime?
#324 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 03:41 PM

Sure!
#325 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 03:48 PM

Awesome, thanks! Are you feeling better now by the way?

ugh. I have to clean my bathroom. DD#2 had another bloody nose last night and she doesn not ever remember to rinse the sink in the middle of the night. And my parents are coming down a little later.
#326 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 03:51 PM

I'm still not quite well. Gonna have to go to the doc and probably get myself to a neurologist. boohooo.
Thanks for asking.
I hope to get to the post office tomorrow...finally.
#327 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 04:28 PM

Oh no that sucks! Hey it's kinda quiet around here today, huh? For such a normally chatty group anyway. I know most of us aren't at church...
#328 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 04:40 PM

I do plan on start going to church again. UU church. heh heh. I won't be able to actually sit and listen with all the rest of the grown ups cuz I'll have to be with ds. I don't know if he'd settle without me. Perhaps after he's started preschool and has learned to sit in circle and do group crafts, etc.

yeah, it is slow. Kinda nice. I won't fall behind.
#329 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 04:43 PM

I wish I could attend UU services again...but I work on Sundays (noon-6pm) and the only UU service doesn't let out until noon. So that just wont work.

My mom is really pushing to take dd to Catholic mass, but I'm just not comfortable with that. Maybe as a "field trip" when dd is older, but not now.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#330 of 610 Old 08-13-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy
I do plan on start going to church again. UU church. heh heh. I won't be able to actually sit and listen with all the rest of the grown ups cuz I'll have to be with ds. I don't know if he'd settle without me. Perhaps after he's started preschool and has learned to sit in circle and do group crafts, etc.

yeah, it is slow. Kinda nice. I won't fall behind.
Too right! No catch up this way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page