~~August Pagan Mamas Circle~~ - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 04:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Check it out! It's me and owensmom out front of an ice cream shop in her hometown.

So, we had a great visit! We met up in her hometown, had bagels at a little cafe, went to the beach where we played in the water and went to the park where we chatted while O played, had lunch and a little walk to get O some ice cream...it was so cool to get to hang out with her in person after we have spent so many months chatting every day online. Her family is super cool too.

Oh and a pretty flower and the whole bush at a rest stop on the drive down to see her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 08:26 AM

I invitge my kids to take place in stuff that I do, but it's always optional. My oldest dd is just starting to get into ideas like doing rituals and talking about the goddess. My altar is very unstructured. I put most of it away a long time ago. Right now it's just nature treasures that the kids find outside, and sometimes a chalice (which gets played with) and sometimes a candle holder (which gets taken apart) and sometimes a metal cauldron (again, gets removed).
I had a little clay goddess statue on it once (a very simple dancing-goddess style that I made in almost no time out of air drying clay). One day last year, dd1 got it and put it in water and "annointed" herself with it. As in, she rubbed mud all over her body. I tried not to be mad, but I put the statue up.

13moons - nice to get to meet other moms! And I agree with catching up/keeping up. It's not easy.
#363 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 09:21 AM

13moons- Who is who in the pic? You are both so cute! Is it ok to say cute? lol. I used to hate when people called me that. (now I'd love it!) LOL.
#364 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Being raised Baptist I sometimes feel guilt for abandoning my religion. It is very difficult to leave a religion that condems all others. Sometimes I feel anger towards my raised religion for that.
I know exactly how you feel. Being a new pagan myself after being raised Christian for many years, there's still a "fear" in the back of my mind that Christianity instilled in me. All other religions were bad and you condemned to an eternity of suffering if you didn't believe what you were "supposed" to believe : . I'm trying to get over that now and it's proving to be very difficult.
#365 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 PM

Hello, all! Very busy, but wanted to share this meditation I found.

13moons~that's for sharing the pics! Sounds like a great time.

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#366 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 02:02 PM

It never occured to me how hard it would be to let go of another religion and imbrace something new. It has never been hard for me, as I pretty much grew up with nothing.... OK maybe Christian leanings, but no regular church or bible readings...
We are having a lovely moring rain! AHHHH!
It was Homeschool park day yesterday, our group takes a few months off during the summer. It was so nice to be outside again... all day! I sort of hoped dd would change her mind and want to continue to be homeschooled, but when I questioned her, she said she still really wants to go, although she will miss park day. We might do a 1/2 day at school once a month so she can have sometime with her homeschool friends. (I am sooo bad about school! )
DD fell and just about broke her butt last evening. She slipped on some water and slit when we were picking up our produce. It was scary. She is still gimping around this morning and she has a nasty bruise on her tailbone. Luckily those suckers are hard to break.

13moons: Great pictures! It sounds like you all had a great time... I am jealous... the beach! I miss the ocean. My ds#3 loved the flower pictures!

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#367 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 02:11 PM

I have not had time to read any posts so far this month. I would like to ask a favor though. Please check out my post and help me with any info you may have.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...62#post5788962

Thanks mamas!
#368 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMomof3
I know exactly how you feel. Being a new pagan myself after being raised Christian for many years, there's still a "fear" in the back of my mind that Christianity instilled in me. All other religions were bad and you condemned to an eternity of suffering if you didn't believe what you were "supposed" to believe : . I'm trying to get over that now and it's proving to be very difficult.
After 9 yrs I STILL deal with this. Every now and then I get that little voice in my head that says "what if you are wrong?" But I shoot it down by saying to myself...SELF Christianity is one of the youngest religions, Paganism is one of the oldest. How can Christianity discredit all other cultures and religions? How can they be so arraogant as to say they are the only way, the right way and all others are going to roast for eternity in Hell?

That usually shuts up that little voice of fear.

Disclaimer: I in no way mean to offend anyone of the Christian faith. That is just my opinion and feelings stated above and how I deal with the occasional spell of doubt. Thanks
#369 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree
DD fell and just about broke her butt last evening. She slipped on some water and slit when we were picking up our produce. It was scary. She is still gimping around this morning and she has a nasty bruise on her tailbone. Luckily those suckers are hard to break.
H
ooo, i'm feeling for your daughter- OUCH! i broke my tailbone when i was 12- urgggggg so glad it's not broken, hope she gets better quick!

Brenda- Blessed wahmama to Sara(7) & Alex(5) 7/10 & 9/10 Living the crazy life with dh David & Charlie on our little urban farm!
#370 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniebug
After 9 yrs I STILL deal with this. Every now and then I get that little voice in my head that says "what if you are wrong?" But I shoot it down by saying to myself...SELF Christianity is one of the youngest religions, Paganism is one of the oldest. How can Christianity discredit all other cultures and religions? How can they be so arraogant as to say they are the only way, the right way and all others are going to roast for eternity in Hell?

Brenda- Blessed wahmama to Sara(7) & Alex(5) 7/10 & 9/10 Living the crazy life with dh David & Charlie on our little urban farm!
#371 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe
I have not had time to read any posts so far this month. I would like to ask a favor though. Please check out my post and help me with any info you may have.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...62#post5788962

Thanks mamas!
just read your post there, mama, I'm so sorry that he is dealing with this, I have absolutely no info, but wanted to offer

#372 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13moons
Check it out! It's me and owensmom out front of an ice cream shop in her hometown.

So, we had a great visit! We met up in her hometown, had bagels at a little cafe, went to the beach where we played in the water and went to the park where we chatted while O played, had lunch and a little walk to get O some ice cream...it was so cool to get to hang out with her in person after we have spent so many months chatting every day online. Her family is super cool too.

Oh and a pretty flower and the whole bush at a rest stop on the drive down to see her.
sounds like a blast! so glad you two had fun- who is who?

#373 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 04:22 PM

Kleine Hexe: I will dig thru my old RN magazines, I seem to remember an article on the care of pt with gout. It may take a bit though... LOL

I bought the CD of songs that go along with Circle Round about a year ago, and I have to admit I was pretty disappointed, but lately the kids have been listening to it and I am really liking it. especially Tree Wassail and The Witch Song. So if anyone is thinking about getting it, I say it is worth it. Plus it has all the songs that go with all the rituals they do in the book. Pretty cool!

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#374 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy
13moons- Who is who in the pic? You are both so cute! Is it ok to say cute? lol. I used to hate when people called me that. (now I'd love it!) LOL.
Oh yeah, huh? I guess that would help since most of you haven't seen a pic of me. I'm the one with the dark hair and glasses on my head; owensmom has lighter hair and glasses on her face.

ETA: Brenda did you not see the lovely pics of me I posted in the other thread?
#375 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniebug

That usually shuts up that little voice of fear.

Disclaimer: I in no way mean to offend anyone of the Christian faith. That is just my opinion and feelings stated above and how I deal with the occasional spell of doubt. Thanks
#376 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 11:22 PM

mamaofthree, I've been thinking about getting it latelt, but I wasn't sure of it. I don't like a lot of the songs in Circle ROund, but maybe if I heard them sung, I'd get the rhythm.

Salvia, it's funny you'd post a link like that because today I was sitting outside about to meditate and I said to dd (4) "maybe today I'll meditate about the Goddess". I ended up doing Starhawk's tree med. because I know it, and I spoke out loud to dd as I went along. Off to check out your link!

DD and I actually talked a lot today about spirit, the Goddess, the Green man, and the earth. She's getting to the point where I can actually carry on a disussion with her, though when I told her that when I touch the ground I feel connected to the Goddess, she replied that when she looked at the ground she saw dirt. I acknowledged that we all have a different experience. Her atheist Dad would be proud.
#377 of 610 Old 08-16-2006, 11:30 PM

The other day before our full moon blessing, DS and I were reading a book about picking apples and pumpkins, and during our ritual, I asked him if he'd like to ask for anything special, and he said, "Apples!" with these huge eyes.

Sorry, just had to share that. He's so cute.
#378 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Whew, lots to catch up on.

Mooney and owensmom~Great pics (you ARE evil twins!) looks like you two had fun.

mamaofthree~I searched for 'path to freedom" and WOW! That site is awesome. Dh is all excited about trying to make his own biodiesel.... eventhough we do not have a diesel vehicle, . But the other stuff is amazing, too. It was just what I needed.

So yeah, a couple of days turned into a week and then some! It has been so nice having dh back home. Busy though. Welcome home picnics to go to and we went to Ren Fest last weekend. I blogged about it and posted an album in my blog. Check it out! I got hennaed and I LOVE IT! Would it be bad to get it tattooed permanantly on me? I love the design that she did. You can also see a pic of dh in a kilt:.

Have any of you checked out www.cauldronliving.com? It is getting to be a cool place. They have pagan forums there and it is nice to browse around.

Talk later mamas!

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#379 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 11:25 AM

Don't have much time, kids taking over !

Emmama~I love the henna! I think it would look beautiful tattooed! I am doing weight watchers and when I lose all the weight I need to, the reward to myself is going to be getting a tattoo of the triple moon, I have an artist friend who is going to design it for me.

Jenniebug~I agree with everything you said! I think about this a lot because it it such a christian based society. I was talking a friend about psycics(?) the other day and she was like don't listen to them...they're like the devil! Gasp!: I just let that go...I thought it would be too hard to explain to her...

Oh, I would love to meet a mama from this thread. I don't know any other mamas or even families that are even remotely pagan. It would feel so lovely. That's why I love this thread.

So, who lives near delaware? :-)

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#380 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 12:58 PM

Emmama~ great to hear from you! Glad all is well and you and the family are having fun. The Ren Fair looked like a lot of fun. Loved the henna!

#381 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 01:06 PM

13moons thanks so much for sharing that pic! You both look so friendly and kind. I wish I was in the pic with you!

cauldronliving looks like a great site! I signed up over there although I really don't know how much time I'll get to post there, it's hard enough for me to keep up with what's going on here half the time! I'm Kittah over there.

(Anyone want to burn me a copy of the circle round CD? Huh, huh? Maybe we can trade for something?)

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#382 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 02:25 PM

13moons and owen's mom~ So neat that you two met IRL. Thanks for sharing the picture with us. You two look so comfortable in the picture. Just like you've known each other for years.

I bought The Fifth Sacred Thing. It's on it's way. I'm going to read it on my trip across country.
#383 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 02:25 PM

Ooh, anyone have the cd Ancient Mother? I'd love a burned copy of that. heh heh.
#384 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midstreammama
Oh, I would love to meet a mama from this thread. I don't know any other mamas or even families that are even remotely pagan. It would feel so lovely. That's why I love this thread.
#385 of 610 Old 08-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_kass
13moons and owen's mom~ So neat that you two met IRL. Thanks for sharing the picture with us. You two look so comfortable in the picture. Just like you've known each other for years.
That's totally how it felt too!

Today is my dd's 12th birthday!!
#386 of 610 Old 08-18-2006, 02:03 AM

I've been lurking for a bit so I hope you all don't mind if I step in and say hi. I'm Pagan/Spiritual surrounded by Christians. I'm a bit lonely.

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
#387 of 610 Old 08-18-2006, 03:36 AM

We don't mind at all lillake! Jump right in and welcome!
#388 of 610 Old 08-18-2006, 05:22 AM

WELCOME! lillake!

Ok, so my fire for this job is fizzling. I love the idea of hospice, I know I will be a wondeful hospice nurse... I just don't want to work. I love being a SAHM. I know I don't have to work alot, but still, our whole life ends up revolving around my working. Our moods are dependant on when I work. Already dh and I are moody and anxious about me working Saturday. I was hoping that that old feeling would not surface, that this job would be great and that because it is something I believe in it would be easy to go. But it isn't, and I am sad. BUT I also want to give my dd this school, and I keep hoping that with me working again (even just once a week) that it will help me become a better focused person. That I will be more present when I am home.

On a lighter happier note, dh rented a video of Star Trek Voyager episodes! I loved that show. I wish they still had it on regular TV (we don't have cable). We can't really afford to be renting it alot, so I will have to see if the library has some to barrow.

H

#389 of 610 Old 08-18-2006, 11:10 AM

Welcome lillake!!

mamaofthree, I know just what you are struggling with. It's so tough. I work doing freelance writing just one day a week (and some other days a month depending on projects that come up) and when I do it's like the whole vibe of the family changes. I want to just enjoy my work and get it done but instead it becomes a bummer for me.

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#390 of 610 Old 08-18-2006, 01:08 PM

lillake! Jump in, the water is fine.

: to your dd, 13! WOW- 12 years old! I get misty eyed just thinking about my girls turning 12.:

mamaofthree~ transitions are so hard...good luck on your first day back! I say, give it a try- it might work out well for everyone even if it is hard at first!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page