~~August Pagan Mamas Circle~~ - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Owensmom~ As I was reading your post I got the feeling that when you were remodeling there was a lot of emotion that was released at that time and this is why you are having problems with your home. It is also why you are feeling an entity. When we release deep, strong emotion it can be quite substantial, like an entity. Before you can move forward you have to let go. I would do a ritual to cleanse, release, heal, then protect.

Please let me know how accurate this is even if it is way off in left field.
#422 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 12:35 PM

not far off at all... basically in the same month the remodel started I found out I had cancer, and I went through all the treatment the whole time the house was being done. My last surgery and everything ended when the house was done. weird eh?

"I would do a ritual to cleanse, release, heal, then protect."

So, er, where do I find that?

I also checked out the Goddess is a Girl's Best Friend book, and there is an interesting chapter on Vesta that I am going to explore further.
#423 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 03:44 PM

OdeToJoy...does your friend know about etsy.com? I think the dolls are awsome , but she could set up an etsy store (it's basically free...I think it's only five-ten cents to list an item) to see what sort of interest was generated if she's wondering about how to market them.

I haven't made a lot of sales on etsy, but I've gotten LOTs of email interest, which encouraged me to sell directly to people and put more time into my balms.

I can't wait till she starts selling them though...I'd love one for dd! Hmmm...maybe 4? One for each quarter? With a little pocket in the doll for a seasonal "gift from the goddess"? It would be a great way to encorporate dd into family rituals!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#424 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owensmom
not far off at all... basically in the same month the remodel started I found out I had cancer, and I went through all the treatment the whole time the house was being done. My last surgery and everything ended when the house was done. weird eh?
Yoicks! That's really weird...was the house in your family a long time? Or built by a member of your family? I don't remember...

Quote:
"I would do a ritual to cleanse, release, heal, then protect."

So, er, where do I find that?
A lot of books will have cleansing rituals, and maybe check out http://www.paganlibrary.com/index_rr2.php for some ideas...And WtichVox has a good article at http://www.witchvox.com/va/dt_va.htm...words&id=10887

I often just make up a bucket of "holy water" (salt, rosemary, sometimes with a bit of lemon...though Mullein and Pennyroyal are good protective/cleansing herbs, as are garlic and basil if you don't mind your home smelling like pizza!) and wash down the floors and windows. I open all the windows, burn some sage or sweetgrass (or whatever scent "seems" right at the time), and make a lot of noise to drive out the negative energy (some people ring a bell, or use a singing bowl...I usually just clap. My dd loves to "help" with this bit!). Once I've cleaned everything out I'll close the windows and mark the window and door frames with a rune of protection (using more holy water, or sometimes a bit of essential oil so it'll smell nice)...if you have a fireplace or other entry into the home make sure you cleanse and then protect that entry point as well. And don't forget your computer! That's a "point of entry" into the home that a lot of rituals don't mention! Obviously salt water isn't a computer's buddy, but I'll blow some incense smoke around it, then sign the rune with my finger.

Anywho...that's what I do when the house starts getting a bit "heavy" or the neighbors start fighting and their energy "spills" into our living space!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#425 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 04:37 PM

Goddess Doll info: Ok, the woman has a site/store set up but the dolls won't be ready for ordering until Monday. The site is VERY new so there's not much to it. She recently had her third child so she's been very busy.
http://www.rowantree.net/
Ps. If ya email her, tell her that Liz sent you!
#426 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy
Goddess Doll info: Ok, the woman has a site/store set up but the dolls won't be ready for ordering until Monday. The site is VERY new so there's not much to it. She recently had her third child so she's been very busy.
http://www.rowantree.net/
Ps. If ya email her, tell her that Liz sent you!
That's a beautiful site! Do you know if she will be filling requests for colors and things or just making a supply and selling them?
#427 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 05:18 PM

Yep, you can choose dress/cloth color and hair color!
#428 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 05:22 PM

Oh, and she'll be having other stuff for sale on the site too. She just needs to find someone to help her (for free) with web design.
#429 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 05:30 PM

That site is lovely! Will she be making/selling fairy wings like in the Mabon picture? (I can't tell if that is her dd or a painting! Either way it's a wonderful image)

#430 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 06:21 PM

She said she may be making them but she's not sure.
#431 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 06:24 PM

She (Joni) did paint those wings and helped make the frame. That was when she first learned to make them. Yes, That's her daughter in the pic. AND, Joni took the pic.
#432 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 10:31 PM

The kids are in our backyard harvesting grapes from our vines. They said they are delicious!
#433 of 610 Old 08-19-2006, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavierchick
oooooo, COOL I would love that class! Is your HS class with a group in your area? I'm busily researching HSing right now.

What is dog fennel?
The class is pretty close in our area. It's every friday at a park.

Dog fennel is a tall feathery plant that grows wild everywhere here. I never knew you could eat it.
#434 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13moons
The kids are in our backyard harvesting grapes from our vines. They said they are delicious!
Beautiful! I remember picking grapes off my grand mother's vine and I loved it. Not to mention the grape jelly all year long.
#435 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 12:58 AM

Owensmom~ Not weird. It makes perfect sense to me. It is time to let it all go. Once you have moved though this, the problems in your house will stop.
Here's what I would do. At night send out DH with the dc so you will not be disturbed:

cleanse~ First I would physically clean my space during the day of my ritual. I would get rid of anything that reminds you of the cancer. Get it out of your house. Anything that reminds you of the cancer but you must keep should be carefully packed away.

Once alone, take a ritual bath in salt water. Put sea salt in your bath as it is running. While you are in the bath imagine the healing waters cleansing you and making you completly pure.

Say a prayer of intention like this one. I find it best to always speak out loud:

"Great Goddess, With these cleansing waters I enter your womb to be reborn anew. I am fully pure. In your mind see all the emotion leaving you and going into the water. Before you are ready to get out emmerse your whole body in the water while holding your breath and imagine yourself in the womb of the Goddess about to be reborn. Come up, breathe, and get out of the tub.

Upon getting out of the tub say, "Thank you", and "So mote it be", or "It Is Done".

Pull the drain and watch it all go back to the Earth as you are drying and dressing. Know that the Goddess will take this energy back to her and it too will be reborn. Dress in natural fibers. Cotton is the best. Your clothes must be comfortable. Fancy is OK too, but not nessasary. Wear white, or green for healing.

release~ Some call this banishing. Open all your windows and burn sage while you walk around your house. Sage itself isn't cleansing. Sage actually soaks up all the emotions and negativity and carries it way. That is why the windows need to be open. So that it has a place to go.

I like to sing a song to raise energy. You may also play some nice music. What is important is that it must come from your heart. You will enter into a trance of sorts. Say another prayer of intention each time you come to a window and open it. Adapt it to fit your needs.

"Great Goddess I release my cancer and all that I've been through with it to you. It is gone and it is done. Take it from this house, away from this place and me, and my family forever.

I ask my Green Helper Sage to assist me in my release." Walk all around the house doing this at each window and when you are done say, "Thank you", and "So mote it be", or "It is done".

healing~ Sit by a window and connect to the energy outside. Feel and smell the air. Listen to the sounds outside. Look at the trees and the moon. Feel your head and your heart open and once you are centered say another prayer of intention,
"Great Goddess, Mother, I need your care. I was sick and so was my home, but now I am well. Fill me with your love and healing powers. Fill my body and my home with your sacred, devine energy." Sit a few minutes and visualize your body and home being filled with the love and white, healing light of the Goddess. Then say "Thank you", and "So mote it be", or "It is done. Stand up and move onto protection.

protection~
Light an inscense that is used for protection like Frankincense. Walk around singing or with nice music, and close all your windows now. At each window you close say a prayer of intention,

"Great Goddess, As I close this window I seal this home which has been cleansed, purified, and healed. Grant my home your protection. Sweet Frankincense, aid me in my intention. Then say "Thank you", and "So mote it be", or "It is done.

Once all of the windows are closed stand facing the window you used for the healing and smudge your self with the inscence saying one last prayer of intention.

"Great Goddess, Protect me from future illness and all that might hurt me, my family, or my home. Sweet Frankincense, please aid me in my intention. Then say "Thank you", and "So mote it be", or "It is done."

Now your done and should celebrate with treats like cakes and ale, or cookies and tea. Call your dh and tell him you are done with your ritual and he can bring home the kids. Hope this helps.

I would also put three pennies heads up under your welcome mat to attract buyers. Please, let me know if you use my ritual and if it works for you.
#436 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay
Hmmm...maybe 4? One for each quarter? With a little pocket in the doll for a seasonal "gift from the goddess"? It would be a great way to encorporate dd into family rituals!
What a cool idea!!

Great for nature studies! http://www.pleinairkids.com
Plein Air Kids - Handmade wooden art boxes for Budding Artists.
#437 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 09:43 AM

If you custom order one, you can ask her to put a little pocket on the doll...Either in front or in back.
#438 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 10:45 AM

Those dolls are nice! Much cheaper than the ones I've seen around for a few years. They're much more expensive though, and they are made as a waldorf doll in the head, maybe that's why.

http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com/
#439 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
It's so great when kids can just walk outside and pick something to eat. On the learning side, I think it is so important because we Americans can be so ignorant of where our food comes from! On the pleasure/spiritual side, to eat fresh fruit from the vine is a direct line to happiness (in my opinion). The satisfaction of a mouthful of good-for-you sweetness is so immediate!

O.k., I've got fruit on the brain. We were crazy for blueberries, then blackberries- now it's peaches. Fresh Oregon peaches so ripe that you better eat them outside! I've been making peach and blueberry smoothies for the girls in the afternoon which are heavenly.

to you all!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#440 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 PM

Mamakass, I just want to say I soooooooooo appreciate you typing that out for me. I'll have to find the incense, and I have a sage stick I made but it smells rather... illegal, unlike the one I bought that is now gone.
#441 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 01:13 PM

Hi all.

I just had to jump in here and talk about dolls. The goddess dolls are terrific!

I've actually been thinking about going into business in this line myself. I've only just started making dolls for my dc, but they're so easy and fun! I've also been making small felt gnomes of various materials and sizes, shapes, etc.
So my idea was to make simple nature/ goddess/ gnome/ fairy dolls/ figures and try to sell these locally. But to sell things locally I need a business license ($200) and a place to do it... which make it almost impossible. Also, some of the things I have in mind are so simple I'm not sure anyone would go for it.
But I'd love to make sets of seasonal dolls for nature tables, alters, etc....
Anyone have any ideas about selling over the internet? How to reach an audience, etc.

If I make some samples and set up a website, will you all check them out for me and tell me if you think anyone would be interested? So far, I've made myself a small lavender witch (just as a reminder! ), a wizard storytelling puppet for DS, a chew softie doll for DD, and lots of Mabon and Yule gnomes for gifts for family and friends. The big dolls are from kits, and they are waldorf style with round, firm heads. Mostly they are all felt and wool. Of course, when I start designing my own, who knows what they'll be like. I'm guessing a lot more simple.

Maybe I should have posted this elsewhere, but since we were all looking at those lovely goddess dolls, I thought I might as well jump on the bandwagon!
#442 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 01:51 PM

I like Joni's Goddess Dolls better. I told her about MDC and she joined but now has to wait 60 days before she can post in this thread.
I want to support her online store because:
*She's local (one state over from me)
*She has three children that she needs to support/raise.
*She's homeschooling and needs her business in order to be able SAH.

And, her dolls were mentioned here first. rofl.
#443 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 02:13 PM

I was thinking about trying to make some for my girls as well. I have been working on waldorf dolls for them, and I have one done so far.
#444 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 02:58 PM

To be honest, I don't like the waldorf style heads. I like the smooth kind. The other kind give me the creeps. LOL
#445 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 02:59 PM

Quote:
what kind of grapes do you have? speaking of grapes: I couldn't figure out what Alex was doing yesterday- he had walked into a edging flower bed that has snow-on-the-mountain in it (squishing the plants) so I hollered out at him to get out of there from the porch- he turned around and gave me one of those "come and get me" looks, I went out, and our grapes are ripe! I hadn't even noticed, but apparently he had already eaten all the bunches he could reach easily and was foraying into the flower bed for more so- do ya' suppose grape seeds will just work as "fiber"??? :

I'm so excited- we have pumpkins! we planted the seeds because Sara wanted them- (they had Veggie Tales characters on the package) but I honestly didn't expect to have much luck with them. There are two BIG ones and 4 little guys growing

and for those of you that have little ones (toddler age and younger) I just have to rave for a minute about the Miss Spider's Sunny Patch videos I was burning out on the videos we have here, but quite often that is our "little settle down" routine for mid-day before nap (after being outside and running around) so I was on a search for something new and picked up Miss Spider to try- they are wonderful! and have LOTS of Pagan inflections to them- the episode we watched last night had the bugs celebrating Heartwood Day- a tree was felled in Sunny Patch by strong winds, and when that happens all the bugs celebrate Heartwood Day- the legend is that a Love Bug that lives in the Heart of the Tree is released and might come kiss one of the bugs, and the bugs all get together for a celebration and plant new tree seeds, give each other gifts they either make or are special to them and have a line dance where they exchange their gifts- I'm not explaining it well, but it was super cute There have been episodes on falling stars, listening walks, butterflies hatching : I'm a dork, heh??? commercial over

Brenda- Blessed wahmama to Sara(7) & Alex(5) 7/10 & 9/10 Living the crazy life with dh David & Charlie on our little urban farm!
#446 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 PM

Quote:
To be honest, I don't like the waldorf style heads. I like the smooth kind. The other kind give me the creeps. LOL
all dolls without faces give me the creeps!

#447 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 03:13 PM

The ones that Joni does are custom painted. So, the customer chooses what color eyes, etc.
#448 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia
all dolls without faces give me the creeps!
Oh I second this! DS1 got a cloth doll back in December that had no face, no fingures, no toes, nothing. It was just like an outline of a human shape with a dress. Luckily he didn't like it either so we donated it.

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
#449 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 03:45 PM

Quote:
The ones that Joni does are custom painted. So, the customer chooses what color eyes, etc.
cool. boy, if she isn't paying you for this, she should. heh.heh.

#450 of 610 Old 08-20-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
I'll have to find the incense, and I have a sage stick I made but it smells rather... illegal, unlike the one I bought that is now gone.
yes, Artemesia can smell a lot like pot. Maybe it was white sage, Salvia apiana, that was in the stick you bought? Both are called "Sage"- blasted common names! Anyho- it's nice to find something that smells clean and fresh to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page