~~August Pagan Mamas Circle~~ - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 610 Old 08-07-2006, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup, I dream of flying. Haven't actually dreamed it in some time, but I think it would be great. On the Harry Potter thread, we had a discussion around the holidays about what one thing you would choose if you could have any one spell/magiacl item/ability/etc. I said I'd want a Firebolt. (Er, that's a racing broom for those of us who aren't Harry Potter fans.) Yeah, flying would be grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 610 Old 08-07-2006, 09:57 PM

Oh, Right...Flying! (good grief...where's my brain?) Yep, I dream of flying. I can't stand when I get too close to the telephone wires, etc. They seem to be everywhere in my flying dreams. Or someone will try to catch on to my foot and stop me from flying away. OR.....I will zoom up really fast and get way too high in the sky. That scares the wits out of me!
I hardly even have the nice, peaceful......'Ah, I can fly...How nice' dreams.
#183 of 610 Old 08-07-2006, 09:58 PM

My broom is in the shop.
#184 of 610 Old 08-07-2006, 09:59 PM

Speaking of brooms..... Ds went in the kitchen and got the broom. I thought he was going to 'sweep'. Instead, I turn around and he's straddling the broom..Ready for take off. rofl. Yep, he had watched Kiki's Delivery Service earlier. LOL.
#185 of 610 Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdetoJoy
Um...er....What was I going to say? Let me reread some of the posts....
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdetoJoy
Oh, Right...Flying! (good grief...where's my brain?)
Well, at least it isn't just me. That's usually how my flying dreams are--me trying to get away from someone and then just pushing off and flying away suddenly. That's cute about your ds!
#186 of 610 Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 PM

Right after ds#3 was born I had some serious ppa. Everynight I would obsess/worry/have an anxiety attack about dying. Finally I found something to help me... first thing was to tell myself I was just to busy to die, and second was I would get to sleep by chanting to myself that "I will fly tonight" over and over. I would peacefully fall asleep wait to dream of flying. I never did fly, but it was a nice way to fall asleep.
When you all dream of flying, how do you fly? I usually just think really hard and get stiff and then sort of take off, and float into the air. I think a few times a flew like superman. I miss flying dreams. They were so relaxing and freeing. They never lasted long enough!

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#187 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 12:41 AM

So this evening, I went outside to bring the kitten in and there he was happily following a skunk around the house! I grabbed the closest thing and went out to try to get him in without getting sprayed. My dh is still laughing at me walking around the house very carefully, holding a broom and calling the kitten. : Luckily it was a mellow skunk, because it didn't spray. It was sort of a reverse Peppe la Pew! But, I had my broom, by gum!

In my most recent flying dream- I've only had a few- I very slowly took off from the ground, floated up and did a somersault. It took a great deal of effort to do it which I thought was interesting. All my flying dreams are really exciting!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#188 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 02:56 AM

A skunk! That is nuts! Thank the gods he was in a good mood, or you and your poor kitten would be having a tomato bath. :

I think if I could have a super power or a magic power it would be flight. I don't think I would be on the ground very much!

Anyone read The Fifth Scared Thing by Starhawk? I think I might have heard about it here, although a friend was talking to me about it today, so I am not sure if I heard about it from her or not. ANYWHO I got a copy from the library. Wild book, and LONG. So it will take me a bit to trudge thru it. What I find interesting is all the bisexualness going on. Like all the Pagan city people are all loving on each other. : :

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#189 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 07:32 AM

I used to have flying dreams when I was younger but it seems like it's been a while. Usually it was just my body, but once I had a dream that it was a toy flying airplane that really worked.

A few threads ago, we talked about books. I don't know if this series was brought up or not, but I found a book last night at a used store that I thought I'd check out. The series is called "Circle of Three" and it's by Isobel Bird. It's definitely a teen book, but the pagan representation seems pretty good.

I missed the whole thing about goddesses and I don't know if I'll find the time to go back and catch up :-(
#190 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 10:45 AM

Salvia~ Funny skunk story!

mamaofthree~ Let us know how the book is.

I like all the broom stories.
#191 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay

But several years ago I wanted to "jazz things up" I guess, and I was sort of seeking new goddess paths. I was really interested in Isis, started studying and reading and meditating on her, and then I had a dream....totally vivid "you are there" dream in which Isis essentially told me I "was not hers", I belonged to her sister, and that I should get back to the place I belonged.

Completely freaked me out for a few days, and even now I can remember every detail from that dream (down to the smells, the texture of the stone wall under my hand and the fact that the stone was slightly warm even though it was night, the clothing I was wearing, etc)...so really I've never experienced a clear "call" to a specific goddess aspect, but if that dream is any indication, I've been "sent off" by one!

Interesting. Who is Isis' sister?
#192 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 11:12 AM

Welcome back, P&A! Hope you had fun camping!

Mamaofthree~ I have not read The Fifth Sacred Thing- fiction or nonfiction?

#193 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 AM

Re: flying

I dream a lot about flying or sometimes not so much flying but that I can take these long slow leaps thru the air. Usually I am running from something/someone in those dreams. The last flying dream I had I went up too high too fast and woke up in a near panic attack. I can still feel it and I know it was many months ago.
#194 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 12:39 PM

The book is fiction.

H

#195 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Interesting. Who is Isis' sister?
Mama Kass- The dream was literally ten years ago and I interpreted it at the time as "your butt belongs to Brigid" but that's a good point...I'm not sure if Isis has a "sister" in a more immediate sense. I can feel a little library research coming on!

Wow but this thread is flying (speaking of flying dreams )!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#196 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 01:38 PM

Ok, I am in a panic. I was going thru my check book, and I called the bank to check the balance and make sure I didn't miss any of dh's things (he sometimes gets lunch for a few bucks, no big deal) I am -$127.00!!!! NEGATIVE! DH doesn't get paid until NEXT tuesday! A whole week. I don't even have enough gas to get to my job interview on thursday (one of the hospices called me yesterday!). I want to throw up! :Puke
A friend can loan us $30.00, so that should put a little in the gas tank and give me a bit to round out what food we have in the cupboard and fidge. Oh god, I am scared and so upset with myself. What put us over was two checks I didn't put into my register. What an idiot!

H

#197 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 01:52 PM

Oh mama! I'm so sorry! The money from that "lost" account hasn't been cleared to us yet, but is there anything I can do to help? Just PM me...seriously. DH lost his job the same week I found out I was pregnant, and he only just got a new job a few months ago (when dd was 14 months) so we were living off of our emergency credit cards and my part time job. So I know how gut twisting it can be to realize the numbers on the account are actually in the negatives. So really...let me know! Do you have an emergency credit card? Or can you get one? It's not a good road to take, but it can hold you for a week or two maybe. And if there are any credit unions in your area you might be able to get a "community crisis loan"...my employer and several of the alternative credit unions around here offer small (less than 500 dollar) loans that need to be paid back within a month. Just to hold people over in emergency situations.

On a different note...I'm not sure how far you've gotten in Fifth Sacred Thing, but there is one scene in particular that is, ummm, well....there's a whole lot of lovin' goin' on. I love the book but between the violence and the sex I may not be suggesting it to dd for many years to come.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#198 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have checkbook issues, too. No matter how I balance mine, it is always off by $100 or more. I don't know what I do. I go back and check every little thing. Right now we are ~-$200 until the 15th, too. Well, if my car payment goes through on time, which is hit or miss.

I dream of flying all the time! Well, it has been awhile, but when I do it's awesome. I have dreams of wither just flying around, or of being able to jump super high like I have springs on my feet and being able to jump above the trees. If only all of my dreams were like that...

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#199 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 03:07 PM

Salvia~ Next time something like that happens, we need pictures ...they would be so funny don't you think?

Mamaofthree~ That stinks so bad!I hate when I forget sometihng athat is supposed to be in the checkbook! Sometimes I forget dh's MAC withdraws, and then i'm kicking myself later...: To make matters worse, I haven't balanced the checkbook in a while:

On flying, There is no real marker for myself, that I can see, that brings the flying dreams around. They just happen. I don't even really wish for them. Most of the time it's like a pp said, I fly up so high that I get scared and then I can't get back down without freaking out. Anyone have any idea what that means? I know dream meanings are personal in nature so it's kind of hard to look it up in a book and find a meaning...Just wondering if anyone has ever heard anyhting about a meaning for that flying too high bit.

Owensmom~We now have a rule that everything nature has to go on the nature table. This prevents me from finding it in the washer: or anywhere else that they arean't supposed to be. Sometimes I even have to check the little one's pocket...but it's worth it.

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#200 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 03:14 PM

My dreams of flying are never pleasant because I have such a fear of falling that intrudes. LOL.

Now, I often dream of floating or swimming...

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#201 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick
In my circle, our initiation has you meet all three aspects of the triple goddess, but then also the 4th hidden aspect.
I've never heard of a fourth hidden aspect. What is it and what tradition teaches this?
#202 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree
Ok, I am in a panic. I was going thru my check book, and I called the bank to check the balance and make sure I didn't miss any of dh's things (he sometimes gets lunch for a few bucks, no big deal) I am -$127.00!!!! NEGATIVE! DH doesn't get paid until NEXT tuesday!
H
Call your bank. I betcha they'll help. Good luck.
#203 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:02 PM

Wombatclay~ I had to look and see if Isis had a sister. She does! Look here.
http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kun.../nephthys.html

OK done posting now.
#204 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:06 PM

I have The Fifth Sacred Thing but have not gotten to read it yet--it's several books down in a giant stack of books to be read.

mamaofthree--I have so been there more times than I could count and it really really sucks. I hope it all works out okay.

When I fly in my dreams, I push off--maybe like Superman I guess? It's definitely not a floating--it is very actively flying. I just soar around and it's great! Now I want a flying dream.
#205 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_kass
Wombatclay~ I had to look and see if Isis had a sister. She does! Look here.
http://www.thekeep.org/~kunoichi/kun.../nephthys.html

OK done posting now.
Omigosh how interesting that she should come up around this discussion of flying and there she is depicted with wings!
#206 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_kass
I've never heard of a fourth hidden aspect. What is it and what tradition teaches this?
We dont follow a specific tradition. We use it as a representation of death, I guess is the best way to put it. It is beyond the crone, the hidden power in each of us, sort of a culmination of all, if this makes any sense

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#207 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:20 PM

I've been out of the loop with the babywearing conference and just got back to read all the replies. You are amazing, loving, and such uplifting women! Thank you so much for such love and support. I love the focus of moving from physically creative to mentally and emotionally creative. I think that is a good start to a ritual.

Addysmama, Thanks for the hug. I really needed it.

I am so blessed to have finally found real life pagan mamas and online pagan mamas that "get it"! My family doesn't. They understand the physical side of a major surgery, but just don't get why this is such a spiritual moment for me.

I am going to get my uterus. I found out I have a right to anything they remove from my body by law. Now I just have to figure out the logistics.

I am definitely going to plant a tree. I was thinking a weeping cherry since they are so beautiful and will flower and bear fruit. Or and apple, since it is after a symbol of the goddess and sacred to Bridgit who is one of my particular faves.

If I post my idea for my ritual here and the date and time I plan to do it with local mama's would you fellow online sisters be willing to light a candle at the appropriate time?

Blessings,
N~
#208 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFae
If I post my idea for my ritual here and the date and time I plan to do it with local mama's would you fellow online sisters be willing to light a candle at the appropriate time?

Blessings,
N~
Absolutely!

Love your photo site- I need to set up one!

#209 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:39 PM

Of course MamaFae!
#210 of 610 Old 08-08-2006, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFae
Absolutely! I would love to connect spiritually with you and MDC mamas during this time of transition for you.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page