~~August Pagan Mamas Circle~~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Emmalina- wow.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#242 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 02:33 PM

Mamafae~I'll be going to enjoy her tonight. Just lounging outside and enjoying the light of the moon. It feels so different outside at night.

Emmalina~That poem is just beautiful!

The kitty pictures are great! I sometimes wish for a black kitten but we already have 2 so, I can't really deal with anymore cat hair:

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#243 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFae
Anyone going out to enjoy her beauty tonight? If so what will you do?
Probably am just going to play in the yard.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#244 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 03:33 PM

Mamafae - your tears made me too! Glad that the poem is ok, I've been thinking about your situation a lot and it is nice that the words are helpful and not an intrusion - I was worried

And also to the rest of you lovely mamas for saying nice comments. You are a genuinely nice bunch and that is rare!

Will post more later but for now xxx
#245 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFae
Anyone going out to enjoy her beauty tonight? If so what will you do?
Happy Full Moon all. I really hope to be outside tonight- just to be quiet and listen. Living among the trees, it takes a long time for the moon to rise- hopefully I'll be able to stay awake.

Maybe I'll do a full moon purging- I have plenty of mental things to let go of. Not sure if I have the energy for it, though.

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#246 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 03:39 PM

I live in a big apt complex so I can't go outside and leave ds inside sleeping or anything. So, I will just have to enjoy the moon from the windows. The moon hasn't been reaching my windows til pretty late though so not sure if I'll be able to see her.

I'm supposed to go to a autism meeting this evening but I have an upset tummy so I don't know if I'll be able to go. boohoo.
I actually went to the grocery store today because I thought my belly was feeling a little better. Well, I ended up having to quickly take ds out of the carriage to run to the bathroom. I hate going #2 in public but I could not hold it. I was sooo sick. I must have looked really sick cuz ds quietly looked at me and started crying. I asked him what was wrong and he sobbed "mommy's sick". It was so sad and sweet at the same time. He was scared, I think. My poor little Roo.
#247 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyV
Hi other Pagan Mamas!!
~~Welcome RubyV! ~~

What a beautiful poem Emmalina and so thoughtful to share!

Salvia--I got some other good pics of Remus but that one just cracks me up every time I look at it.

midstreammama--I so know what you mean! Remus is my fourth cat.

sparklefairy--I wanted to chime in about Cunningham. I really like a lot of his books. I find him very accessible, almost always a quick read and I really like his general approach that it is okay and good to do what feels right to you whether or not it jives with the "proper way" to do things. I know there are those that don't like his work because of that last reason, but I do.

OdeToJoy--ugh. That sucks and is so hard with the little one too. I hope you are feeling better later and can go to the meeting.
#248 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Emmaline-that is beautiful.

I am a bit freaking out right now over my own uterus. I am having a highly irregular cycle which scares me because of my fibroid history. They will take it out if it's another one and it scares me to death. I am too terrified to call my doctor to get it checked out...

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#249 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 05:06 PM

I've never done anything like this before, but if there is any other west coast mamas who can be outside before the moon tonight around 9:30 or 10:00- could we try a group prayer or something like that? Some sort of energy connection? Like I said, I've never done anything like this before.
Thoughts?

#250 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia
I've never done anything like this before, but if there is any other west coast mamas who can be outside before the moon tonight around 9:30 or 10:00- could we try a group prayer or something like that? Some sort of energy connection? Like I said, I've never done anything like this before.
Thoughts?
I am not on the west coast, but this type of "ritual" can be very beautiful and powerful. My circle has done this before when an emergency pops up and we cant get together. It works really well if everyone has a common focus and theme.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#251 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 05:32 PM

Addy n i dance under her when everyone goes to bed. we spin round and round, and sing to her.
after i get Addy to bed i might just go out to soak her up too.

Emmalina, that poem was beautiful.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#252 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 PM

and i can be under the moon whenever you need me there Salvia, just let us know.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#253 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 05:45 PM

I was trying to see it last night, and I managed to get a glimpse of it through the trees. For us here, the full moon occurred at just before 8 am this morning. I'm sad I didn't get to see it full up in the sky, but the good news is that means dd2 has been letting me sleep more lately!

I finished that Circle of Three book, and I really liked it. My library has more of them, think I'll check them out.
#254 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 07:04 PM

Salivia, I'm in Canada so not on the same time line but happy to send you some vibes when the moon is up here. Like you I am in the trees so it takes a while to see her properly but like last night I am sure to be up as my little one is teething and a bit wakeful as a consequence. I have to admit though he woke me a couple of times last night and I was feeling crappy because I have buggered my back, I was still glad to stand and the window for a few moments and bask in her light. I'm sure that is what put me in a good mood today, get the juices flowing! If there is anything in particular you want us to focus just say, otherwise I'll just send you some good vibes.

I have to say I am a Cunningham fan too, the one I like best is Incense, Oils and Brews as well as the Magical Encyclopaedia of course! I've used both many times and like the because they are practical. Has anyone else read Rae Beth? She wrote Hedgewitch and Lamp of the Goddess which I liked. Maybe she is more of a british person but I would recommend for any solitary witches out there.

Thanks again to people who said nice words about my poem, it is so kind of you. I just would like us to all connect and help each other as just being on this forum has really helped me a lot xxx
#255 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 07:09 PM

Sure I can be there Salvia. With bells on. Did you need something or you just wanted to get some good energy flowing? I think it sounds great.
#256 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 PM

Hi, I hope it's ok if I join this thread. I'm not a mama, but hope to be one day, and next year I am starting midwifery training. I really feel a strong sacred calling to it. I've been a pagan for about 8 years and really enjoyed reading through this thread!

I recently moved to Ashland, OR. Does anyone know of any groups in the area that I might be able to contact? I've been a solitary all this time, and would kind of like to do some meetings/get togethers with other pagans.

K, 26, married to D, 27, still trying to conceive our first child after a 7 week loss in January 2011
#257 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia
Thoughts?
Well, I'm an East Coaster, but I've been up laaaate a lot recently (it's a full moon thing ), so if I'm up tonight, I'll join all of you in the moonlight.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#258 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 08:33 PM

You know, I don't know what made me post that. I think I've been wanting to do something like this for some time. No one thing. I'm hoping for a greater sense of peace- an infusion of patience.

How about 9:30 PST? Any suggestions about how to do this? Greenmagick? I found this prayer:

With your soothing fingers,
wipe away the lines that worries have etched on our faces.
Surround us with calm,
let us rest in the glow of peace,
as if we were encircled with the Moon's own light.
Let our concerns and tensions drain away from us,
pouring as water into your Earth.

Ceisiwr Serith | Source: "A Book of Pagan Prayer" © 2002 Ceisiwr Serith.

I may not be able to check back until 8:30 or so...

Welcome,lazykate!
Emmalina~ hope your back gets better soon! (I love to use the word "bugger" : - I can swear and most people don't realize it!)

13moons~ Bells, really? I will too, if you are!

#259 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 09:01 PM

I would suggest a visual focus as well as the words of the prayer. Maybe everyone could light (or just visualize) a white candle. While saying the prayer, visualize everyone else doing the same. It would probably help to use the prayer as a sort of chant to raise energy all together so it can build together. Does this help or even make sense?

eta: this would be a great prayer to use after drawing down the moon as well for those inclined

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#260 of 610 Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 PM

I'm on the east coast, but if dd is up for her midnight nursing I'll join you in candles for peace and patience.

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#261 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 12:22 AM

ok, I finally got the pics up from the park the other day. I hope the link works!

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh...59/t_=23830159

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#262 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick
I would suggest a visual focus as well as the words of the prayer. Maybe everyone could light (or just visualize) a white candle. While saying the prayer, visualize everyone else doing the same. It would probably help to use the prayer as a sort of chant to raise energy all together so it can build together. Does this help or even make sense?

eta: this would be a great prayer to use after drawing down the moon as well for those inclined
Thanks, greenmagick! Well, I'll be doing this at 9:30 PST and hope any one that can will join me. It's nice to think of us doing this together.

I don't know how to draw down the moon- reading for next month!

#263 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 03:01 AM

We just completed our ritual. I had to post right away. We had many talismans/amulets to bless! DS#1 and I did the ritual. We had a hard day full of stress and packing. Then we went to the book store and I looked through all the Pagan books. I looked at many of the recommendations from this thread but did not purchase anything. Don't get me wrong they were good, but I have limited funds right now with my move. So I have a Yule list I've created.

DH went outside after we were done with our ritual and said his peace. He had to watch ds#2 during the ritual who was not interested. I love my DH!

Our ritual was beautiful and very, very nourishing. This is a big month for us. We are moving from the West to the South. Please, I believe that numbers have power. I ask you each to light a candle for us and ask for strength, (as it is a hard move), protection (as we are driving across country), and prosperity (as we have no jobs there. Only leads.), and health (as I have been having female problems).

Salvia~ I connected to you around 10pm weat coast time and I really felt your energy! It was cool! I have done this before. The moon is universal. We can all connect through Her. Thank you for requesting it. Let's do it every month at the full moon.
#264 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 03:40 AM

I was out there at 9:30 with candle lit. ds#2 came out with me. Then we went inside and did our version of the "Circle Round" full moon blessing. We brought our candle in, still lit,from outside wentclockwise around the house and played the "Circle ROund" cd with the full moon song playing. Each kid took a turn. It was nice. Then we danced.
Thank you Salvia for suggesting this.

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#265 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 04:37 AM

Ah well, the best laid plans and all that. Around 8:00, we noticed water flowing slowly through the garage and discovered that the pipe above the water heater had busted at some point earlier--long enough earlier to have actually soaked the bottoms of several boxes and things. Fortunately it was an easy enough fix; we shut the water off and I ran to Home Depot for the replacement part and had it good to go before too long, but man, the water soaked a lot of stuff on the way. So I spent quite a while trying to clean up and go through as much stuff as possible but still have one more big box to go through tomorrow and some more things to wash. Then I had to get people to bed and only got outside a little while ago. I really think this was a great idea, Salvia and was really looking forward to it. I would love to try and do this again--for the new moon maybe? Anyone want to plan something ahead for that?
Of course, I had to play with my camera some more too though. hee hee.
Here's my younger daughter and my son all scraggly after a long day playing in a rare (as of late) show of solidarity--united together against the concept of bedtime, in hopes that mom will be too tired from the water pipe stuff and let them stay up All Night Long! Don't they look sweet? It's just an illusion...

These aren't the greatest, but I still thought I'd share what the moon looks like from outside my backdoor. And here she is peeking through the trees in my front yard. She is lovely tonight.
#266 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 10:38 AM

Good morning all! The ritual was nice for me- I had some difficulty seeing the Moon, as she was all hidden in the trees. I tried to see her better over by where the goats spend the night- they were happy to join in but there was too much poison oak there. So, I ended up in the sunflower patch. It was very peaceful there. The prayer was a bit cumbersome, but I liked the image of pouring away tensions into the earth.

mama_kass~ really wonderful! yes, let's do this again. I'll be sure to light a candle for you and your family during this big transition!

13moons~ ugh, sorry about the water mishap. Yes, let's do something at the new moon! Love the pics! The kiddos look very sweet!

to you all!

#267 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all!

Emmalina that poem was beautiful, brought tears to my eyes. You should submit it to Sage Woman magazine, it might help many women going through the same thing as Mamafae.

Mamafae~Just let me know when and I will light a candle for you. I feel honored to be a part of such a personal ritual.

OtJ~Yikes on the robbery! I hope you and your son are okay and that you get everything back.

mamaofthree~Being in the negative is hard, we have a couple of times and it just sucks.

Hi new people

Wow, it is soooo nice having dh home. The transition has been smooth; only my 3 yo son is worried that he might go back soon. Dh is back at work for the day, but there is a picnic in honor of the soldiers this afternoon we will go to. Dh has off this weekend until Tuesday, which is great since we have a few things planned: another picnic on Saturday and then the Renaissance Festival on Sunday!! I am thrilled he got home in time to go, this is the last weekend of the season.

Tuesday night dh surprised me with a moonlight picnic of strawberries and wine on a blanket in our backyard. The Lady Moon was gorgeous in all her glory. It was probably the most romantic evening that I can remember. I do envy the people that can do things outside, since we have neighbors on all sides of us and no fence. It is just lovely. Thank you for the well wishes on my reunion, I love this group.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#268 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 01:19 PM

Emmama: YEAH! I am so happy your dh is home and all is going so great! Have fun with your man home! :

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#269 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_kass
Our ritual was beautiful and very, very nourishing. This is a big month for us. We are moving from the West to the South. Please, I believe that numbers have power. I ask you each to light a candle for us and ask for strength, (as it is a hard move), protection (as we are driving across country), and prosperity (as we have no jobs there. Only leads.), and health (as I have been having female problems).
Absolutely will, mama. Good luck! When will this exciting transition be happening?

Emmama--The picnic sounds wonderful! I am so happy for you that he made it home safely and the transitionhas been smooth! That's great--have fun!
#270 of 610 Old 08-10-2006, 02:47 PM

Heyla all!

I wasn't up at exactly 12:30 (to join in the group meditation moment) but I was up at midnight and sent out best wishes for peace and patience while I nursed dd under the moonlight coming in the bedroom window. We should make this a more regular thing! Maybe with an east coast mama and a west coast mama group?

Mama Kass...I'll bless/burn a candle and put out offerings for your intentions...I hope the move goes smoothly!

Just want to share...I had a real impulse buy last night (under 6 dolalrs, but still, and impulse buy). I got the Runic Tarot deck (not exactly a tarot deck actually dspite the name) and the artwork is soooooo pretty! You can see some of the cards here http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/runic/ and read a really nice review on amazon.

Gotta run, I'm at work but wanted to say hi and share my pretty new cards!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page