~~August Pagan Mamas Circle~~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy Lughnasad everyone!

I hope it is a lovely day for all.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#2 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 09:16 AM

Happy Lammas!!

wombatclay what good news!
mercyn, I have been trying/wanting to start up something like that. Can I join your group too, to check it out?

We accidentally 'celebrated' Sunday night. And then again yesterday. Tomorrow morning, we leave for our camping trip. Sunday we took Abby and her tricycle to a large empty parking lot where she could drive alll around. Then we had bbq ribs, bbq sweet potato, and ice cream, and we ate it all outside. It was a beautiful day. Yesterday my sister came over and we had a green spinach salad with mandarins, chicken and veggie kebabs and cinnamon rolls. I had multigrain rolls, but forgot to get them out, so they can come on our trip with us. I wanted to make the spiral cookies form Circle Round, but I've been busy getting ready for the trip, and I ran out of time.
#3 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 AM

Everyones baking sounds yummy. It is way to hot for me to even think about baking.

We live in a big old century house and only have two window AC's for the whole house so we cool the front/tv/computer room and the family bedroom upstairs. If we move around too much you just get super hot.

Thankfully we cleared out the green scum in the pool and we may be able to go out for a little while today.

I hope everyone has a great celebration today. My DH actually brought me home a book on Pagan spirituality last night. Very nice of him and very timely. Universe is speaking to me yet again.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#4 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 09:21 AM

thanks all and Happy Lughnasadh/Lammas/harvest festival of your choice!

13moons- any news? How did it go?

DD is calling..gotta run!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#5 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:12 AM

Happy Lughnasad/Lammas to all! I have no idea currently what we are going to do tonight- I need to work on some orders, but I want to take a break, so I will probably spend some of today figuring out a way to balance that I haven't ever baked bread from scratch (just in a breadmaker) so I may try to brave a recipe- we have the rest of "harvest" covered this year- I brought in almost of pound of green beans from our garden yestereday, 3 crookneck squash, and I think there may be cucumbers & tomatoes ready to pick, too The family is all weathering a nasty summer cold, so that may factor, too- may be a low-key night for us.

13moons- keep us posted- funny you should ask for prosperity, I just bought candles over the weekend that are supposed to be infused for prosperity spells Can a candle spell work from far away?

dnw826- didn't want to post in July since it was sooo late last night when I posted, but I don't think you are being weird at all to wonder about your lack of luck and the fairies, and I positively LOVE maeveypoo's suggestion of talking to your local fairies and asking forgiveness of sorts- sounds like fun and potentially helpful all at the same time!

Brenda- Blessed wahmama to Sara(7) & Alex(5) 7/10 & 9/10 Living the crazy life with dh David & Charlie on our little urban farm!
#6 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:13 AM

Happy Lughnasad, everybody!

Subscribing quickly and will back later.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#7 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:24 AM

I baked yesterday. Sort of. Wish I had something to harvest... ah, well.

13moons, all fingers and toes crossed, and sent out a little plea to the universe... I need to hear some travel news, or house news, or something, because now dh isn't sleeping because he is so stressed out about it. Just a little begging, to start my day.
#8 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:33 AM

Happy Lammas!

13moons~ sending good prosperity vibes in your general direction...

P&A~ your celebrations sound great! I hope you all have a wonderful camping trip.

Zavierchick~ I'm so jealous of all your wonderful produce! I love all the trees around our house, but I miss growing veggies.

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#9 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:48 AM

morning, Salvia i was grinning at the gals in, um, the questions forum? i think, that were wondering about your sr. title DH wanted to know- is your avatar Green Man? It is small on our end and I thought maybe it was a Goddess instead...(these are the weird things that come up when he pops in on the computer as I'm surfing too late at night, like last night....)

Brenda- Blessed wahmama to Sara(7) & Alex(5) 7/10 & 9/10 Living the crazy life with dh David & Charlie on our little urban farm!
#10 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 12:00 PM

Happy Lughnasadh to everyone else and I hope the day is good for y'all. Personally, I'm in a lousy mood since I was hoping for my temp to stay up and it didn't. Sorry, I"m not in the best mood.

Here's hoping for a happy harvest.

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#11 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 12:01 PM

~Happy Lammas everyone!!~

Off to the dentist with the kiddos shortly, but I'll be back in a little while. No new yet as it is just 8:00 AM here and, since the guy has to drive a couple hours, I'l bet he'll wait till just a little later to show. (Hopefully not a lot later because I know dh is nervous--an unusual occurence for him.)
#12 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13moons
~Happy Lammas everyone!!~

Off to the dentist with the kiddos shortly, but I'll be back in a little while. No new yet as it is just 8:00 AM here and, since the guy has to drive a couple hours, I'l bet he'll wait till just a little later to show. (Hopefully not a lot later because I know dh is nervous--an unusual occurence for him.)
poor DH, hope he has resolution soon, I would be nervous over that, too!

#13 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavierchick
morning, Salvia i was grinning at the gals in, um, the questions forum? i think, that were wondering about your sr. title DH wanted to know- is your avatar Green Man? It is small on our end and I thought maybe it was a Goddess instead...(these are the weird things that come up when he pops in on the computer as I'm surfing too late at night, like last night....)
Yeah, that was cute over in the questions forum! (I was thinking of asking someone who wants to advertise if I could be their billboard for a deep discount for their stuff. But...)

My avatar is a representation of Salvia divinorum which you can learn more about here. (I have not tried it yet. My 2 year old still nurses so I don't think I'll be trying it until she weans.)

#14 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia
Yeah, that was cute over in the questions forum! (I was thinking of asking someone who wants to advertise if I could be their billboard for a deep discount for their stuff. But...)

My avatar is a representation of Salvia divinorum which you can learn more about here. (I have not tried it yet. My 2 year old still nurses so I don't think I'll be trying it until she weans.)

wow- just skimmed a bit, but bookmarked for later I would agree on waiting for little miss to finish up with nursing before embarking on experiments there, but can't wait to hear your experiences down the road- sounds intriguing to say the least!

#15 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 12:22 PM

Happy Lughnasadh, Lammas everyone!

I've been away from the computer for some time and really missed my MDC friends - happy to be back!

I feel we've been celebrating all week-end: went to 3 markets, bought and ate good breads and fresh fruits and veggies, pique-niqued twice, harvested veggies in our garden and ate them last night (and gave a part of them to my chiro while I was there yesterday morning)...

Tonight I will serve fresh veggies again and might make a bread in the breadmaker...

I feel in-tune with this harvesting season and, after feeling out-of-sync for so long, it's really a great feeling!

Valérie   
#16 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 05:00 PM

i say this every single month...
i am subbing, and i hope to keep up with the thread. you ladies are so chatty!!! i suppose i could spend a bit more time here and less time obsessing about my chart huh?

Happy and Blessed Lughnasadh everyone!
this weekend DH made home made wheat pizza everything but the cheese from scratch, that we bought. on the pizza we had so many wonderful locally grown organic veggies. mmmmmm.

also.. there is a slight chance that there has been some implantation going on in this neck of the woods... so it could be a very blessed Lughnasadh afterall!

now : that i am able to keep up in here!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#17 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 05:47 PM

Getting ready to make Lughnasad loaves but I thought I'd pop in and say that I haven't heard from dh yet. And I can't call him to check because what if his boss is there when I call? So I just have to keep waiting...

Fingers crossed for you and possible implantation AddysMama!
#18 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 06:42 PM

"anything anything anything is better than waiting..." - Rabbit Choir
#19 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 06:47 PM

sending positive thoughts your dh's way 13moons

For Lammas dinner tonight the kids and I are making the Long-Arm Lugh shishkabobs and Spiral Cookies from Circle Round, I'm baking a double cheese bread and an apple-blackberry crisp from our apple tree and blackberry brambles that are just hugely abundant this year!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful first harvest celebration today!

welcome back Valerie!
#20 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 07:09 PM

So I wound up having to work tonight...meaning we'll do our Lammas supper tomorrow. No worries though. It's sooooooo hot today (a/c going full blast and the living room is still hovering around 79 degrees) that I really didn't want to start the oven for bread making or stand next to a fire for grilling. We decorated our family altar (I'll see if I can take a picture to share) with sunflowers and wheat and family photos from the last year and tonight I'll put out an offering (slightly stale homemade bread since it's two days old, but I'm guessing that if I pour a little milk, honey, and whiskey over the top it'll be acceptable!).

On a related topic...does anyone else use breastmilk in their offerings? I think someone here mentioned doing that a few holidays ago and I've been doing it since then. I've always put out an offering of bread, milk, honey, and whiskey for the Fair Folk on the holy days (or special days like birthdays and full moons) but recently I've been adding a little breastmilk. It seems to really add to the energy of the offering.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#21 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 07:40 PM

thanks 13moons. we are nervous and excited.

i feel kinda crampy. so it looks like implantation is very very plausible.

wombatclay, if i had any i would use it in an offering, however, mine dont work. reduction. but with bebe #2 we will be using an sns, so i MIGHT have a drop here and there to offer up

#22 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeveypoo
I'm baking a double cheese bread and an apple-blackberry crisp
must have it, must have it...must go out and pick blackberries tonight!

AddysMama~ how exciting! good luck and blessings from the goddess! :

13moons~ ugh, waiting sucks. hope you know by now!

#23 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvia
13moons~ ugh, waiting sucks. hope you know by now!
Still not a word from him. I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign or not a sign at all. I think if I don't hear from him by 5:30, I'll call just to see if he'll be home for the dinner I'm making right now.
#24 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 PM

thanks Salvia.
hey, are you going to the babywearing conference?

#25 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 09:40 PM

No, I'm not going to the conference. It looks like fun, but I really don't drive to Portland. Silly, but true. I am planning an expedition to the Hanna Anderson outlet for school clothes soon. :

#26 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 09:45 PM

ok, offerings to a goddess for travel? anyone? help!
#27 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:00 PM

Hello everyone! Happy Lughnasad!!!

It has been a while since I posted. I see everyone is doing pretty well.
We went to Hershey Park today..it was hot. I spent some time staring pout the window when we were driving which was fun because i could see corn fields for miles. Do you think Lugh would be mad if we celebrated tommorrow ...I really want to do some baking and spend some time enjoying outdoors but...it really just didn't happen today. I really want to do it though.

Maeve~the apple-clackberry crisp sounds delicious...you could save me a spoonful, would you? Just a spoonfull though. I'm doing weight watchers and I don't wanna screw it up
I've lost 21 pounds in 6 weeks and I feel great!

Addysmama~ My fingers are crossed for you too!: I hope you have a very happy Lughnasad!

I'll just wave a giant to everyone!

All this food talk is making me hungry, which is not very good for my weight watchers points balance!! but, i'm so drooling over here!!

Mama to 14yo, 9yo, 7yo, and babe born 9/2012
#28 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 PM

JUst popping in for a final farewell - tomorrow we leave for the highlands. Ok, it's the Cape Breton ones, not the Scottish ones, but nice still. I'm thinking protecive bubble around the car, but no ideas for travel deity, oewnsmom.

Salvia, wish I hd time to check out for post in questions!
#29 of 610 Old 08-01-2006, 11:48 PM

A quick pop in to say hi and Happy Lammas/ Lugnasadh!

I'm working tonight and dd's birthday is on Friday (my lammas baby ), so we'll prolly celebrate both on Saturday.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for those who need it!
#30 of 610 Old 08-02-2006, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midstreammama
Do you think Lugh would be mad if we celebrated tommorrow
Hell no! I get the feeling that Lugh is the kind of guy that is always ready for a party! Watch out though, he'll probably challenge you to game of quaters. And, for god's sake, don't pull his finger! Good to see you here, by the way!

Howdy, heket! Happy birthday to your dd! How's the library?

Oh, and who made this smilie ---> ?!?! As I face my endless sink of dishes, I so do not look that way!

My dryer died but I am enjoying hanging the clothes outside. It's a mini nature break.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page