2007 Treasure Mapping? When will it be? - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 512 Old 04-04-2007, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing so I don't forget this! I can't wait! I'm really looking forword to this this year. I'm trying not to think about it right now becuase I want to do everything during the time frame, and if I think to much now I'll plan that whole thing I'm sure

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
#362 of 512 Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malva View Post
Question from a newbie for those who have done TMs before :

What size was your TM and where did you put it?
The first one I made was a full poster board (I hung it on my closet door), then I made them to fit a frame (14x20) and hung it over my night stand. One year I just wrote things on a 8x11 piece of art paper. I like them framed - it makes them more special!
#363 of 512 Old 04-05-2007, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemae View Post
subbing so I don't forget this! I can't wait! I'm really looking forword to this this year. I'm trying not to think about it right now becuase I want to do everything during the time frame, and if I think to much now I'll plan that whole thing I'm sure
Yeah....this is me right here...
#364 of 512 Old 04-05-2007, 10:41 AM

Subbing!
I'm looking forward to making my first Treasure Map this year .
#365 of 512 Old 04-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
just to remind everyone.. we are down to the last 11 days before Treasure Map New Moon.

so is there something that needs to be taken to goodwill? take it.
Is there some furniture that is broken in your house? take it to be repaired or get rid of it.
Is there clutter under the bed? please get rid of it.

and what is the status of your mind? Are you frazzled? Are you tired? Are you over someone or some situation?
some of the things that bug us now..are things that are trying to get our attention so that we can have a more processed new year.
This is where our affirmations will help.
start mulling them over in your mind....like if friends are bugging you..perhaps...

"I am surrounded by loving and supportive friends."

start thinking about it all.. and in 11 days you will be ready to rock and roll.

hugs

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#366 of 512 Old 04-06-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
just to remind everyone.. we are down to the last 11 days before Treasure Map New Moon.

Is there some furniture that is broken in your house? take it to be repaired or get rid of it.

and what is the status of your mind? Are you frazzled? Are you tired? Are you over someone or some situation?
some of the things that bug us now..are things that are trying to get our attention so that we can have a more processed new year.
start mulling them over in your mind....like if friends are bugging you..perhaps...

start thinking about it all.. and in 11 days you will be ready to rock and roll.

hugs
Thank you for this, Tracy - this is perfect!
#367 of 512 Old 04-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
THanks Tracy. My spiritual garbage can is full for sure...time to empty it.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#368 of 512 Old 04-07-2007, 02:42 AM

I am not done reading the thread yet, but wanted to sub as my baby is waking and need me....

Treasure mapping has been dumped in my lap so to speaktwice in the last week from toataly differnet sources. I have to do something about it.
#369 of 512 Old 04-07-2007, 03:06 AM

Quote:

hugs

I have been waiting for the inspiration to get after it and boy has it hit! I have officially resigned from a job that wasn't working for me with the intention of making room for new things to appear in my life. I do not have a plan yet for what I'll be doing next but am repeating "My work is meaningful and fulfilling personally and financially".

I have also lost a lot of weight and have noticed that many of my old things are "weighing me down". I just went through my closet/drawers and got rid of 5 bags of things I no longer wear or are too big. I am making room for new things to come into my life! For a new definition of me - inside and out. :

I don't know if we will be able to get to every single spot of clutter in the house and surrounding area between now and the 17th but we are going to make serious headway - inside the house and out, inside me and out.

I graduate with my Masters Degree on June 10th. I've invited several women from my program who I am very close to to come over on 4/17 and Treasure Map with me. We're all charting new territory in our lives so this is the perfect time for T.Mapping to come up!

Last year I guess it wasn't time because DH and I never did manage to actually make our T.Maps. We cut out the pics, etc but never attached them to anything. Interesting, no?

Not this year! We're making room and making maps! I can't wait to see what happens!

First and foremost, Mama to Owen blahblah.gif (7/21/04), Annalieseenergy.gif  (7/29/09), and somebody new bigeyes.gif  (due Feb 2012), and wife to Andrew (9/12/98). Also passionate about and loving the work I do in Organizational Development.

#370 of 512 Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:

hugs

Exactly what I needed to hear, thanks again Tracy!

I notice that my current year's chart is very cluttered. And clutter chokes off abundance. I intend to make next year's more streamlined, more clear, easier to read/see the images.

And I will put POSITIVE things on it. I wrote some negative phrases on last year's such as "debt free" and guess what the Universe heard, I got more of?

I'm so happy and grateful that I'm getting better and better at using positive language and positive thoughts.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#371 of 512 Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Is there a *wringing hands in joyful anticipation* smilie?
#372 of 512 Old 04-07-2007, 09:51 PM

question tracy-

I will be on vacation from the 14-21 and it won't be easy for me to do a treasure map. I really want to do one this year. WOuld it be better for me to do it before or after?

Thanks

a
#373 of 512 Old 04-08-2007, 03:28 AM

I cannot begin to say how excited I am to do a TM this year! I'm trying to get the clutter under control, mentally, physically, and in-house. I feel very drawn toward a raw diet at the moment and am following my instincts. Right now I'm adding lots of raw fruit & veg to my diet in anticipating a 30-day all-raw challenge for myself, starting on the 17th! It just feels so RIGHT and I couldn't be more stoked at the timing!

I'll be submitting major grant apps for my nonprofit farm on the 13th so I'll have a little breather and then it's time to start creating my future!

Oh, and BTW, I was feeling really crappy about all the nonprofit startup writing, admin, etc. - and I decided to manifest 'helpful people' to make it happen, and to have the money just fall into place without any painfulness. In a months' time:

1. a nonprofit giant in our area offered to help us for free
2. a graduate student from my alma matter came forward to make a 5-yr research project our of our programs' and increasing their effectiveness
3. *drumroll, please* OUT OF THE BLUE, a guy one of our farmers knows turns out to be a big-shot for a major local foundation - and recommended to his board that they give us $100K in our first year! That's 1/3 of our startup budget!!!

Yeah, that last one was a big ol' : for me.

The funny part is, I've been so NEGATIVE the last month or so, unable to focus on anything LOA-related. And now, all of a sudden, that seems to be lifting away and all these beautiful possibilities are presenting themselves again.

I have no idea what it was (astrological, could it be? I'm not into that stuff but boy this funk seemed "imposed" on me somehow!), but I am so, so, so SO grateful that it's gone!!!

Onward, marvelous manifesting mamas!
#374 of 512 Old 04-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Yay, darwinphish! Fantastic!
#375 of 512 Old 04-09-2007, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abranger View Post
question tracy-

I will be on vacation from the 14-21 and it won't be easy for me to do a treasure map. I really want to do one this year. WOuld it be better for me to do it before or after?

Thanks

a

here is what I would recommend.
On the 17th go to a magazine stand near where you will be staying. Pick out some magazines. Then when you have time, perhaps in bed that night or on the 18th and 19th... cut out images. Cut out the images of things you want in your life. I know you can't fly with scissors so you will either have to borrow them or buy a cheap pair. Also, write down some affirmations on those days.
Take all of your cut outs and either put them in a ziplock bag or a peechee folder. Then when you get home you can go out and buy a poster board and then glue the images and fine tune it.
That way you will be able to access the energy of the new moon, plant your seesd (picking out the pictures--writing the affirmations)... but still put it togehter during a waxing moon.

it will still work.

#376 of 512 Old 04-09-2007, 04:14 PM

Does anyone have recommendations for representating more abstract ideas on their treasure maps? I really want to seek balane in my life and I want to focus my energy on developing a couple of real-life friendships. The one woman who I want to cultivate a relationship with may be making a treasure map with her and I don't want my wish to be closer to her to come off creepy stalkery or anything like that. She's a really dynamic woman and I would treasure her friendship.
#377 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 AM

:
#378 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 02:37 AM

so glad i stumbled across this thread in time!

can i join too?

subbing, while i try to read my way through the thread!!!!
#379 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 10:40 AM

My kids & I are very excited about our treasure maps! Soon, soon!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#380 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 12:41 PM

Yay! Dh has agreed to make a TM of his own, too. It's great because he's not usually into these things but seems really keen.

I don't suppose there's a link to a sample of one somewhere. I know they're probably pretty personal, but I'm just wondering about how detailed, how wordy, how image heavy a TM would typically be (if there is such a thing as a typical one).
#381 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 03:50 PM

^I am wondering about that too...
#382 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoh View Post
Yay! Dh has agreed to make a TM of his own, too. It's great because he's not usually into these things but seems really keen.

I don't suppose there's a link to a sample of one somewhere. I know they're probably pretty personal, but I'm just wondering about how detailed, how wordy, how image heavy a TM would typically be (if there is such a thing as a typical one).
I think you can do one in any form you wish - do what makes you feel good.

I know some mamas were talking about painting theirs, other mamas have done TMs on the computer.

I like to cut and paste and color so I'm going to do mine on a big poster board I think.
#383 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM
#384 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 05:46 PM

Has anybody been to this site?? http://www.dreammanifesto.com/aff/jrox.php?id=193_1

Read about it in Spiritual Parenting.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

#385 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 07:36 PM

Wha t do we do with last years map? It just doesn't feel right to throw it away, but I also don't need more clutter.

Any suggestions?
#386 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 07:43 PM

#387 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 PM

Okay...I'm guessing this info is somewhere deep inside this thread...I thought that certain things are best placed in specific corners. Can someone refer me to that page(s) or remind me what I want to place where.
#388 of 512 Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Okay...I'm guessing this info is somewhere deep inside this thread...I thought that certain things are best placed in specific corners. Can someone refer me to that page(s) or remind me what I want to place where.
yeah, i had that too, and i *thought* i printed it out, but can't find it now
it was a sort of 9-way thingy to where to place your things on the map. if that made sense. i thought it was a fung shui thing but maybe not?

pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#389 of 512 Old 04-11-2007, 01:00 AM

Is there any pattern i have to use when i put the photos or the words on my board.
No you can do it anyway you want.

I will say that in previous years my friends and I used to use the feng shui baguas for my pattern. basically I would break up the board into 9 areas.

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

If you use the feng shui baguas, you will naturally cover all most all areas of your life..as you can see it is all represented there.

#390 of 512 Old 04-11-2007, 05:04 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page