2007 Treasure Mapping? When will it be? - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#421 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it possible for things to *happen* before you've even started your map? Like, theres something I've been really concentrating on and planning on putting it on my map - and I think its starting to happen. Is that even possible yet? Or am I just not getting the whole treasure map idea?
#422 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 02:13 PM

I saw the post on this last year right after it was over, and I've been thinking of it all year! I am really excited to do this because I definitely believe in LOA, and I also really want to have a more clear picture of what it is that I want since everything feels a bit jumbled right now. Thanks for all of the great information!
#423 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
Is it possible for things to *happen* before you've even started your map? Like, theres something I've been really concentrating on and planning on putting it on my map - and I think its starting to happen. Is that even possible yet? Or am I just not getting the whole treasure map idea?
Yes, it's possible. YOu've already set your intention so things are already starting to manifest.
#424 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenjall View Post
Of course! Energy flows where attention goes - whee! Enjoy the ride!
#425 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM

Can I just say how excited I am to do a TM this year? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day - seriously. Maybe I need to get out more.
#426 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 03:55 PM

I"m totally excited too! I'm doing my mapping with some members of my brand new cohousing family - the one from my map last year! SO so exciting! I have very little idea of what I'm putting on my map this year (other than financial abundance and happiness and a fit body, of course). Whee!
#427 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 05:27 PM

Hey, I can't find the post saying what time on the 17th to start. I don't want to be tooooo particular but I want to know if we should wait until a certain time.

Can anybody lmk? :
#428 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 05:54 PM

I am pretty sure it was 7:35 am est
#429 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 05:56 PM

oops. Double Post.
#430 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
EDITED-------

I've added the back end date and I am using Eastern Daylight Time.

THE BEST TIME TO MAKE THE MAP IS IN THE NEW PHASE OF THE ARIES NEW MOON.

SO, THAT MEANS BETWEEN...

April 17, 2007 at 7:35 EDT -- 27 degrees 05 .

until April 20, 12:49 EDT--

note if you need more days than the new window.. that is okay...but if you can accomplish it in the first 3 days it has more punch. (ime)
#431 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 07:00 PM

i see some stuff ( in this thread) about specific sections of the treasure map, and some words that i dont understand. i did a small amount of research on google, just looking up treasure mapping, and didnt see things about layout.

can someone point me to the post number in this thread, or to the right thread to learn more about the sections of the map?

also. most glossy magazines really dont inspire me as far as the images go. i am feeling stuck about that. i can go to the public library free pile and pick up mags, but i am concerned they wont bring me jjoy to look at in my collage. KWIM? should i not worry about this? part of me thinks once i get going, i will attach meaning to the images and they will make me happy.

also, how do i explain this to my 5 yo. i think i want to do it with him on tues night.
#432 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 07:40 PM

Thank you Petersmamma and Chasmyn. I'm am still trying to think of how to put my alternative work location on my map. Like I said before, quitting is not an option, so I have to manifest my boss letting me report to the Northshore location. I will think of an affirmation to put on my board, but i want to do a little more because I REALLY want this. (That and a healthy baby are my most important) So, to my question... what kinda of picture should I associate with this? I have actually been able to work at this office last week and this week, but have to back to my long commute the following week. I was wondering if I should take a picture of myself at this office to put on my TM? Or is that a little weird? I was thinking a picture of me there and a picture of DH, DD, and I riding in together. What do ya'll think? And anyone have and thoughts on an affirmation?

Thanks,
Casie
#433 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 08:06 PM

Thank you! :
#434 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
Can I just say how excited I am to do a TM this year? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas day - seriously. Maybe I need to get out more.
oh you're not alone. i posted in the other TM thread that i rushed home the first day of spring semester in january to check the syllabus from each class and all the exam and paper dates against TM dates!
#435 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
i see some stuff ( in this thread) about specific sections of the treasure map, and some words that i dont understand. i did a small amount of research on google, just looking up treasure mapping, and didnt see things about layout.

can someone point me to the post number in this thread, or to the right thread to learn more about the sections of the map?

also. most glossy magazines really dont inspire me as far as the images go. i am feeling stuck about that. i can go to the public library free pile and pick up mags, but i am concerned they wont bring me jjoy to look at in my collage. KWIM? should i not worry about this? part of me thinks once i get going, i will attach meaning to the images and they will make me happy.

also, how do i explain this to my 5 yo. i think i want to do it with him on tues night.
Is there any pattern i have to use when i put the photos or the words on my board?

no you can do it anyway you want.

I will say that in previous years I used to use the feng shui baguas for my pattern. basically I would break up the board into 9 areas.

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

do not worry about magazines right now. On tuesday you will know exactly what to do... you may end up just printing images from the internet.

or you may swing by the library. Or you may ask friends for old magazines. Or you may go and buy some. The point is that you need to not worry about it now. This just continues to be the end of the last days..the darkest before the dawn.. balsamic sun. balsamic moon. dreggy....so don't worry. Tuesday will feel completely different. And then you'll know what to do.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#436 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 08:50 PM

last year my son was 4 when I made a map with him. I wrote out some affirmations for him on a piece of orange paper and had him sign it. And you know what, he had a great fun year.

This year now that he is 5 I plan on talking a bit more detailed with him about his hopes and wishes for the year. Each kid is different so you can help them decide about their next year's experiences and wishes.....

#437 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Banned

Tracy I just want to say thank you for ALL that you do here at MDC for us and all the mamas regarding this, holiday helpers, feng shui, all of it!! You are truly a gift!!!

I am SOOOO geared up for treasure mapping!!! Just have to finish the last of decluttering/cleaning and I am SET TO GO!!!

MAY THIS YEAR BE THE BEST EVER FOR EVERYONE!!!
#438 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casie77 View Post
Thank you Petersmamma and Chasmyn. I'm am still trying to think of how to put my alternative work location on my map. Like I said before, quitting is not an option, so I have to manifest my boss letting me report to the Northshore location. I will think of an affirmation to put on my board, but i want to do a little more because I REALLY want this. (That and a healthy baby are my most important) So, to my question... what kinda of picture should I associate with this? I have actually been able to work at this office last week and this week, but have to back to my long commute the following week. I was wondering if I should take a picture of myself at this office to put on my TM? Or is that a little weird? I was thinking a picture of me there and a picture of DH, DD, and I riding in together. What do ya'll think? And anyone have and thoughts on an affirmation?

Thanks,
Casie
Both the picture ideas sound like they could be good. You'll know on Tuesday what feels right. As for affirmations... how about "I enjoy my short commute to and from my job." or "I love working so close to home!" How does it feel working there? Focus on that feeling and choose the affirmations and/or pictures that convey that best.
#439 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM

time?

in an ideal perfect world, treasure maps are made during the new phase of the Aries moon which is

Tuesday April 17, 2007
7:35a EDT Tuesday
6:35a CDT
5:35a MDT
4:35a PDT

until Friday April 20
12:49p EDT
11:49a CDT
10:49a MDT
9:49 a PDT

after that time on April 20 the moon moves into Crescent.
Now if you can not finish it during those 3 days you can take up until the full moon ..May 2 6:08 a EDT. but don't confuse the soft ending date meaning you can start anytime after New. That is not true. You need to start on New no matter what. like I said, ideally you will finish it during new.

Sorry about the use of North American times... I would put up GMT and Europe and asia times but my brain gets too mushy. if you are really stuck let me know and we'll figure it out.

#440 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Tracy I just want to say thank you for ALL that you do here at MDC for us and all the mamas regarding this, holiday helpers, feng shui, all of it!! You are truly a gift!!!

I am SOOOO geared up for treasure mapping!!! Just have to finish the last of decluttering/cleaning and I am SET TO GO!!!

MAY THIS YEAR BE THE BEST EVER FOR EVERYONE!!!

#441 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Quote:
last year my son was 4 when I made a map with him. I wrote out some affirmations for him on a piece of orange paper and had him sign it. And you know what, he had a great fun year.

This year now that he is 5 I plan on talking a bit more detailed with him about his hopes and wishes for the year. Each kid is different so you can help them decide about their next year's experiences and wishes.....
This is great! I think I'll do this w/dds. I've been trying to figure out how to work it in with a 3.5 year old but this is perfect. Hey, my 2 year old can help me sign her name right!?
#442 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
do not worry about magazines right now. On tuesday you will know exactly what to do... you may end up just printing images from the internet.

or you may swing by the library. Or you may ask friends for old magazines. Or you may go and buy some. The point is that you need to not worry about it now. This just continues to be the end of the last days..the darkest before the dawn.. balsamic sun. balsamic moon. dreggy....so don't worry. Tuesday will feel completely different. And then you'll know what to do.
Thank you, Tracy- this was very helpful for me!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#443 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
When you start the new thread - will you link here? Or I will never find it....

Looking forward to it.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#444 of 512 Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Great helpful information here. I have a question. What time frame do I focus on? Just the year until next treasure mapping or longer. For example do I focus on what my family will look like in a year, a new baby that has joined us. Or down the road Mama, Papa and three little ones?
Us building our new home or moved in and living in it?

Thanks,

I am looking forward to reading about everyone's found treasures.

Mama to two beautiful children. 

#445 of 512 Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlee View Post
Great helpful information here. I have a question. What time frame do I focus on? Just the year until next treasure mapping or longer. For example do I focus on what my family will look like in a year, a new baby that has joined us. Or down the road Mama, Papa and three little ones?
Us building our new home or moved in and living in it?

Thanks,

I am looking forward to reading about everyone's found treasures.
My opinion... focus on this year. There will be some things that won't exactly happen this year but you will start the wheels turning that will get you to that place by the following years...

for example, I had focused for several years on getting my body in good shape. I did not necessarily lose weight in the last few years but I did during these last years get a great team of nutropaths and homeopaths and acupuncture and and acupressure etc...and finally this was the year that the diet did happen and I lost weight.. this team I have has been instrumental in many ways to my success.

#446 of 512 Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post
When you start the new thread - will you link here? Or I will never find it....

Looking forward to it.
yes.

#447 of 512 Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 AM

#448 of 512 Old 04-16-2007, 01:16 AM

I see this is where the party is!! Am I too late for the Cliff Note's version of speed Treasure Mapping?? Is the focus on what we want to bring into our life, or keep in our life. Because I am exactly where I need to be, ya' know.

Pat

I have a blog.
#449 of 512 Old 04-16-2007, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I see this is where the party is!! Am I too late for the Cliff Note's version of speed Treasure Mapping?? Is the focus on what we want to bring into our life, or keep in our life. Because I am exactly where I need to be, ya' know.

Pat
Pat, is this in jest? I have seen you all over the LoA threads, and ai makoto. I can't fathom that you aren't a knowledgeable treasuremapper!
#450 of 512 Old 04-16-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirringleaf View Post
Sometimes I've used glossy mags. And sometimes I've drawn stuff with a nice set of colored pencils or crayons. Last year's has some photos I took myself, which was very satisfying. I thought someone painted theirs one year.

This year I'm thinking in terms of Art Cards -- probably nine of them. They'll be laid out as a poster, or gathered as a book that I can put on a ring and stick in my purse; probably something flexible I can use both ways. I'll make them myself out of index cards which I'll paint and collage using various media, including internet images. I'm just not getting the magazine vibe this year, and am yearning for something really arty and creative.

Of course, by tomorrow I may be totally throwing this idea out the window and doing something different....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page