2007 Treasure Mapping? When will it be? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 512 Old 01-06-2007, 03:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just learned today that a fellow graduate of my M.A. program wrote this book and won a MIPA award for the work! I'll be peeking into it. Interesting to get this in the mail...a bit of synchronicity in my world.

http://www.laportecareerconsulting.com/services.htm
#62 of 512 Old 01-06-2007, 04:05 AM

very interesting indeed. I just wrote her an email to see if she happened to know the man I knew who taught me about treasure mapping.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#63 of 512 Old 01-08-2007, 04:22 AM

subscribing!
#64 of 512 Old 01-08-2007, 12:00 PM

wow - that is wild BES. let us know what she says in the email Tracy.
#65 of 512 Old 01-08-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
OK, I'm interested in this, and have marked it on my calendar...but what if a lot of the 'wants' I have are for family members? Is that "allowed", I'd just put it in family? I'm wanting for improved health and peace for family members....

I have my own wants too, but was wondering how to do wants for others (which then in turn DO affect me
I have to say this is a bit tricky.

Because lets say you want DH to get a great job at XYZ corporation. And you put "John has great job at XYZ corporation."

But what if John is really needing a job that calls to his soul and perhaps it does not pay as well as XYZ but it will be closer to him home, allowing more valuable family time and it will be a job he loves and therefore giving him happier days..... so your request for XYZ is counter productive...

therefore, when it comes to family I would recommend much broader manifestations...

"John has a job that makes him happy"

and then another line for your income...

"Our income increases effortlessly everyday."

same with your children... instead of "John Jr. gets into St. Great School".. it would be "John Jr. loves learning at the most perfect school for him."

does that make sense?

#66 of 512 Old 01-08-2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
I have to say this is a bit tricky.

Because lets say you want DS to get a great job at XYZ corporation. And you put "John has great job at XYZ corporation."

But what if John is really needing a job that calls to his soul and perhaps it does not pay as well as XYZ but it will be closer to him home, allowing more valuable family time and it will be a job he loves and therefore giving him happier days..... so your request for XYZ is counter productive...

therefore, when it comes to family I would recommend much broader manifestations...

"John has a job that makes him happy"

and then another line for your income...

"Our increases effortlessly everyday."

same with your children... instead of "John Jr. gets into St. Great School".. it would be "John Jr. loves learning at the most perfect school for him."

does that make sense?
Perfect. I don't have any "specific" wants for family members, just for them to have some more peace and calm/harmony in their lives...and better health (or at least less suffering) than last year. So I can be very generic and list the outcome goal and not the means to the end...

Thank you so much for letting me know this is "OK" to do on my own map!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#67 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I am so jazzed about this. Tracy, you are too cool for setting all of this up for us. thank you.
#68 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 AM

yeah, it is easy enough... I've been doing treasure maps for so many years I should change my name to Treasu...... hey, wait a minute! :

#69 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 03:05 AM

Do you guys mind if I subscribe to this?
#70 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 03:06 AM

:

I couldn't believe it wasn't already taken.

Um, I mean : I believe it!
#71 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 03:38 AM

:
#72 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 10:17 AM

what treasuremapper - who were you before?!?!?! :

tracy did you get a response to your email?
#73 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 12:19 PM

yes. she indicated that did not know the astrologer who taught me all about treasure mapping. her stuff does look interesting.

#74 of 512 Old 01-14-2007, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
what treasuremapper - who were you before?!?!?! :

tracy did you get a response to your email?
I used to use my real name at MDC, so I changed it for security reasons. So I am not going to reveal my former identity, but some friends have guessed it already. So please dont guess except through PMs!

I'm so flattered that you like my new name. :
#75 of 512 Old 01-15-2007, 02:56 PM

subbing

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#76 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 AM

subbing!

great idea to focus on cleaning in the next 3 months!That gives me a month for each room of our apartment!

yesterday i started on my office at work, and it's going to be great! i spend more awake time there than at home during the week, so it's going to be very productive to get that environment all ready for supporting new manifestations.

freespiritmama - i had to say hi! it's nice to share a thread with you again! :

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#77 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 12:22 PM

:
#78 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 PM

I'm getting ready by cleaning and de-cluttering too but was wondering . . . .
what else is everyone doing to get ready?

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!
#79 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 03:29 PM

because I don't want you guys to get too bogged down in astrology..

but I do feel I want to mention this....

There are 8 phases of the moon. And the last phase of the moon is balsamic..this is the dark just before the new..and this is traditionally the time we get rid of stuff, clear out debris...end some stuff..and start to create the space for the New. New begins on Thursday and this will be the new moon in capricorn.

Everyone, follow?

now..as we begin the new moon in capricorn we will also begin the slow descent to our aries new moon in Spring time (when we build our treasure maps)... so for the next 3 months you will sort and ditch and clear space figuratively and metophorically and probably metaphysically... things that no longer work for you, beliefs that no longer work for you, people that no longer work for you, just stuff that no longer fits will become apparent. And so that is why on Aries New moon you will energized and ready to focus on the new.

Also, for those who did treasure maps last spring..some of the final areas that may not have been realized yet can start to show up now.

I know that for me one area that was just dragging its ass on my 2005 treasure map..did not get realized for me until late Feb 2006...so there you go...some things will come up now for your enjoyment!

And don't forget to clear stuff...

come down to the Feng Shui threads and start working it..

#80 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
subbing!

freespiritmama - i had to say hi! it's nice to share a thread with you again! :

Celeste hi, great to be on another thread with you I've missed you :

We are decluttering and simplifying our home and ds1 and I now have a beautiful morning ritual of snuggling in bed and talking about all that we are thankful for
#81 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 05:53 PM

Quote:

but I do feel I want to mention this....

There are 8 phases of the moon. And the last phase of the moon is balsamic..this is the dark just before the new..and this is traditionally the time we get rid of stuff, clear out debris...end some stuff..and start to create the space for the New. New begins on Thursday and this will be the new moon in capricorn.

Everyone, follow?

now..as we begin the new moon in capricorn we will also begin the slow descent to our aries new moon in Spring time (when we build our treasure maps)... so for the next 3 months you will sort and ditch and clear space figuratively and metophorically and probably metaphysically... things that no longer work for you, beliefs that no longer work for you, people that no longer work for you, just stuff that no longer fits will become apparent. And so that is why on Aries New moon you will energized and ready to focus on the new.

Also, for those who did treasure maps last spring..some of the final areas that may not have been realized yet can start to show up now.

I know that for me one area that was just dragging its ass on my 2005 treasure map..did not get realized for me until late Feb 2006...so there you go...some things will come up now for your enjoyment!

And don't forget to clear stuff...

come down to the Feng Shui threads and start working it..
Thanks!
#82 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 06:06 PM

Hi! I'm looking forward to doing this again.
#83 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 07:57 PM

I'm in a process of change, with certain inner changes becoming so clearly evident they have...given me a big smack. I'm not talking about kisses yet, but hopefully those will come later.

When big changes happen, there is a grief process that accompanies it. Anyone else in the grief stage of a change process? I'm letting go of A LOT right now. I cry at the drop of a dime...like pms is lasting all month. I'm not depressed. I'm not unhappy. I'm bogged down by responsibilities, and definitely grieving as I shed old beliefs.

So, aside from shredding bags full of papers and organizing and decluttering and feng shui'ing and getting ready to map treasures...I'm looking for some sage advice about the grief process in the change process. I do know the joys will come. They just aren't the things looking me in the eye at the moment.
#84 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedsol View Post
When big changes happen, there is a grief process that accompanies it. Anyone else in the grief stage of a change process? I'm letting go of A LOT right now. I cry at the drop of a dime...like pms is lasting all month. I'm not depressed. I'm not unhappy. I'm bogged down by responsibilities, and definitely grieving as I shed old beliefs.

So, aside from shredding bags full of papers and organizing and decluttering and feng shui'ing and getting ready to map treasures...I'm looking for some sage advice about the grief process in the change process. I do know the joys will come. They just aren't the things looking me in the eye at the moment.
Oh definitely browneyedsol...I have the same thing going on at the moment. I'm not seeing the joys yet either so I have no brilliant advice unfortunately. I am contenting myself with what I have now and just knowing that the joys are on their way to me and that I deserve them! Just think of yourself as a phoenix... sometimes ya just gotta burst into flame before you can recreate yourself & your life

I wanted to treasure map last year, but I was very pregnant and miserable and just couldn't summon the energy to get into it. THIS year however, it's ON! I am decluttering my house & my life so that the energy I'm putting out (and that my environment is harboring) is in line with what I want for myself & my family!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#85 of 512 Old 01-16-2007, 08:26 PM

Yay! I want in on this - this year! I give birth in May, so its perfect! My birth will be empowering, beautiful, and inspiring. My baby will be healthy, a good nurser and deeply loved!

Subbing!
#86 of 512 Old 01-17-2007, 01:30 PM

Browneyedsol, I think you bring up a great point. I know that for me, I need a new house for my family. But even though this house is not workable, I feel a huge sense of grief when I think of leaving it. That grief is buried, but it is here inside of me, and may be an energetic obstacle. thanks for bringing this up. I don't have any advice.
#87 of 512 Old 01-17-2007, 01:45 PM

I am right there with both of you. It's great and it's sad at the same time. Everything with me is so powerful right now that I do get exhausted and need to zone out with some knitting or a good light read once and a while.

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Oh definitely browneyedsol...I have the same thing going on at the moment. I'm not seeing the joys yet either so I have no brilliant advice unfortunately. I am contenting myself with what I have now and just knowing that the joys are on their way to me and that I deserve them! Just think of yourself as a phoenix... sometimes ya just gotta burst into flame before you can recreate yourself & your life

I wanted to treasure map last year, but I was very pregnant and miserable and just couldn't summon the energy to get into it. THIS year however, it's ON! I am decluttering my house & my life so that the energy I'm putting out (and that my environment is harboring) is in line with what I want for myself & my family!

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#88 of 512 Old 01-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Oooh... that's my problem! I'm bogged down in astrology! Where's the drowning in quicksand smiley?

sorry... it just struck me as so funny. I've been studying astrology for years and years and have at times thought I would make it my career if and when I ever decide to have one. Of course, I could put that on my treasure map....

ok, back to clearing junk off my desk, out of my house and out of my head...
#89 of 512 Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM

sorry, Zannalyn... that was for everyone else... for you I expect astro bog.

just like my house I might add.

:

#90 of 512 Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 PM

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I love the Phoenix Rising image and always have. I have artwork I've created with that image.

I picked up a Natural Home magazine today at the co-op. There's a great little article in here. Ask and you shall receive! This is what I needed. The article title is: 3 Steps to Clutter Free Living by Misty McNally. I'm usually pretty skeptical about simple step by step things, but this little article works for me. I'm absolutely clear that what people are looking for, definitely including me, is meaning--and not stuff. So, here's what really resonated with me about why it is so hard to get rid of stuff:

"An awful lot of the stuff we have-and I'm not talking about one or two things, I'm talking about 50 percent--we literally never use and are never planning to use again, but can't let go of. They are basically objects in which we've invested dreams that didn't happen. It's very difficult to let go of the dreams, even though we know that they didn't actually bring us the satisfaction we were hoping for."

When I look around me, I see an awful lot of my dreams that didn't happen. The whole point of treasure mapping is new dreams, and manifestation. When we hang on to the old ones...how can we truly open to the new?

I lit a fire in my hearth the other night and shredded next to it. It's the only fire I've lit all year. I avoid filing because I have a lot of unfinished business and bills I simply cannot deal with presently. I cried, but I didn't stay stuck in grief. I got a little brave, and am trying to stay brave. It is absolutely sane to grieve dreams that did not happen. Yet, remember you're alive! There is a tomorrow, and that tomorrow has opportunity to re-ignite and/or start anew. I'm facing things and letting go as much as I can. In the spirit of LoA I plan to look at all the balances on those bills I cannot pay and write zero on them just as I add zero's to my bank statements as a visualization tool. That's how I'm dealing with my grief presently. It's a start, so I thought I'd share here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page