2007 Treasure Mapping? When will it be? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 512 Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just found this and definitely doing it again this year. It is such an amazing exercise and if done right (declutter first!), the results are amazing as well.

Emily SAHM to four unschoolers Olivia (9), Brian (7), Jack (6), and Liam (5)
#122 of 512 Old 01-29-2007, 10:16 PM

This will be my first Treasure Map and I'm sooo looking forward to it! I'm already de-cluttering and getting ready.

Every time I read a post from someone who has already done it I wonder, what kinds of experiences did you have? So, I'm going to start a new thread called Treasure Map Stories or something like that.

I'll be back w/the link.

#123 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 09:41 AM

Well, I'm glad I have a few months because decluttering is going to take a while!

What all should I declutter? And how?
#124 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Devon, you might want to check out the threads on Feng Shui and the Decluttering forum for advice. I guess I would start with a small spot like a drawer or closet and then pick an area that corresponds to an area on your treasure map you would like to enhance.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#125 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 AM

Two questions:

I wonder . . .

Can you make a Treasure Map for your dcs? It seems that everything that I want to put on mine is really for the girls.

And, what about intangible stuff like being a *good* mom or love or patience? How are you all putting those kinds of things on your maps?
#126 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Two questions:

I wonder . . .

Can you make a Treasure Map for your dcs? It seems that everything that I want to put on mine is really for the girls.

And, what about intangible stuff like being a *good* mom or love or patience? How are you all putting those kinds of things on your maps?
You could find pictures of someone who looks like their being a 'good' mom. You could just add the words love or patience. Love could also be a heart or something.

I find that whatever prictures I'm drawn to, I've already got an emotion linked to it...so a picture of two people together may represent love to me.
#127 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 11:44 AM

#128 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
You could find pictures of someone who looks like their being a 'good' mom. You could just add the words love or patience. Love could also be a heart or something.

I find that whatever prictures I'm drawn to, I've already got an emotion linked to it...so a picture of two people together may represent love to me.
Thanks! I'm off to look for pics.
#129 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 11:46 AM

Can we start doing these now? I mean, I bought a new book to put everything in. Can I start it now or is it better to wait? I remember pages back Tracy saying something about waiting 'til April right? Or is that when we're supposed to finish it? :
#130 of 512 Old 01-30-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot View Post
I have been decluttering like crazy... physically and emotionally (trying that end anyway ) I can't wait.
Me too! I need to work on the emotional part, especially since we now have more special needs challenges with the kids.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#131 of 512 Old 01-31-2007, 12:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
So should the map I make be premanent? I mean I have a cork board I could use but eventually I would take the stuff off of it (1 - 2 years later maybe). Should it be something I make perm on a canvas or board or could it be something that will eventually be taken down? Does it matter?

TIA,
T

The way I built my maps in the past was glue and magazines and drawings and words I typed out and I glued them on foamboard. This was my permanent map.. until the next year when I made a new one.

I then put the old one in the closet for a few years and then eventually I cut out parts of the map and put in my special drawer. So, I had parts to remember..

MY DH has kept a map that he made 2 years ago and adds things to it each Aries moon... activating it again. His map is pretty potent I might add.

last's year's map I actually framed. It is up in my bedroom. I"m not sure if the next one will also be framed.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#132 of 512 Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Treasure maps and variations are EVERYWHERE these days!

Christine Kane -- whose blog I can highly recommend to everyone -- just wrote about it today: http://christinekane.com/blog/?p=127 (And I pointed her here, too, fyi.)

And MAN, do I have a bunch of decluttering to do before April!
#133 of 512 Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Can we start doing these now? I mean, I bought a new book to put everything in. Can I start it now or is it better to wait? I remember pages back Tracy saying something about waiting 'til April right? Or is that when we're supposed to finish it? :

if you want utilize the energy on the planet to it highest level... like a surfer riding a big wave...

do not start your map until New Moon.

#134 of 512 Old 02-01-2007, 02:24 PM

How do you declutter emotionally?

And is there any way to declutter your memory? My brain seems to hold onto every thing i ever see or hear and I wish I didn't!
#135 of 512 Old 02-01-2007, 03:17 PM

Subscribing!
#136 of 512 Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
The way I built my maps in the past was glue and magazines and drawings and words I typed out and I glued them on foamboard. This was my permanent map.. until the next year when I made a new one.

I then put the old one in the closet for a few years and then eventually I cut out parts of the map and put in my special drawer. So, I had parts to remember..

MY DH has kept a map that he made 2 years ago and adds things to it each Aries moon... activating it again. His map is pretty potent I might add.

last's year's map I actually framed. It is up in my bedroom. I"m not sure if the next one will also be framed.
Thanks Tracy, that is helpful information. THere are parts of my map that I really like as a visualization for how we want our home to look. I really like the sound of what your DH has been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc
How do you declutter emotionally?

And is there any way to declutter your memory? My brain seems to hold onto every thing i ever see or hear and I wish I didn't!
Something I did somewhat recently was writing down in a journal all the things I would like to let go of and all the things I wanted to forgive people for and then close the book and let go of the feelings. I had originally intended on burning the book, but havent gotten around to it yet
#137 of 512 Old 02-01-2007, 07:02 PM

:
#138 of 512 Old 02-02-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
if you want utilize the energy on the planet to it highest level... like a surfer riding a big wave...

do not start your map until New Moon.
New Moon this month or wait until April?
#139 of 512 Old 02-02-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
New Moon this month or wait until April?
April..which is the aries new moon.

Aries is the first sign of the zodiac and it is where we set the whole year in motion.

the current new moon which was january 18 was the cap new moon..and that will I should say.. bring in some final movements from last year's maps.. for those who are following...

mine has been a most interesting quarter.

#140 of 512 Old 02-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Can we talk about "Be Specific". I think Tracy mentioned something not coming to fruitition because she wasn't specific.

Anyway, I want another baby (1st child took 7 years to conceive and I had to do IVF) the natural way. I also would like to have a much better birth for my baby then the one I had with ds. Ds still talks about getting stuck coming out and his knee hurting during the birth. My water broke a month early, so I had to have a hospital birth. No contractions, so was giving pitocin, which just spiralled into a bad birth experience with epidural and ds getting stuck, etc. Midwife was awful, which of course never helps a first time birth experience.

Anyway, how do I explain my great, peaceful, happy water birth experince onto a Treasure Map? Do I just write all of it like its happening now.....Started having contraction, went to the birthing center, sat in the tub, breathed the baby out, breathed thru my contractions, hubby said this and this (he was a terrible birthing coach, too), etc.

Does it matter where you place your pictures and words?
#141 of 512 Old 02-05-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_mom View Post
Anyway, how do I explain my great, peaceful, happy water birth experince onto a Treasure Map? Do I just write all of it like its happening now.....Started having contraction, went to the birthing center, sat in the tub, breathed the baby out, breathed thru my contractions, hubby said this and this (he was a terrible birthing coach, too), etc.
I suggest you focus on how you want to feel. Maybe a picture of a blissed-out mama holding her newborn in a birthing tub? You don't have to tell all the details, just be really clear on how you want to feel when it happens. The more you can feel that it already has happened, the better it works.
#142 of 512 Old 02-05-2007, 02:40 PM

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it as powerful if you write or draw your own pictures for what you want? I know you are supposed to use pictures you are drawn to, but I imagine I'd have to go thorugh 800 magazines to find all the eclectic stuff I want
#143 of 512 Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it as powerful if you write or draw your own pictures for what you want? I know you are supposed to use pictures you are drawn to, but I imagine I'd have to go thorugh 800 magazines to find all the eclectic stuff I want
there was a member here - debrabaker who used to paint her maps. and yes - alot of what she painted happened for her!
#144 of 512 Old 02-05-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc View Post
I've started to stock-pile magazines and do a quick check of them before I send them to recycling (I am working the de-clutter thing.) I'm a LOUSY artist!
#145 of 512 Old 02-06-2007, 12:37 AM

:

I'm very excited to do this in April! And I'm doing some much needed de-cluttering as we speak.

:
#146 of 512 Old 02-06-2007, 12:39 AM

I thought of that too but I thought I read that you were supposed to get all the magazines right before the Aries new moon... I just picture myself charging $200 at Barnes and Noble on magazines!!

I'll definitely flip through a bunch but there are things I definitely know I want!
#147 of 512 Old 02-06-2007, 12:40 PM

every year we have the discussion about magazines.. new or old.
the first couple of years I really beat the drum for everyone to get new magazines.

But as I recall either last year or the year before I saw so many mdcers who really wanted to use old magazines. The only caveat I said was........ DO NOT PULL THE PHOTOS BEFORE ARIES NEW MOON. If you want to used old ones, that's fine but put them to the side and crack them at new moon.
And if you could please at least buy one new magazine on the New Moon.

Here is the deal...as much as you think you know exactly what you want right now.. in feb and or March or even the week before new moon.... the energy does shift on the actual new moon. Think of an ocean wave..when you are a surfer you have to shoot off the wave at the right time to make it to shore without getting dunked... (and I should know, I was in Hawaii at christmas and watched surfer surfing 25 foot waves).... anyway when the new moon happens you will have a new thought, a new desire, a new something that will impact your map... and that is why you must wait until new to begin the project.

put your old magazines to the side and then crack them on New...but do set aside a little money to buy at least one new magazine.
There is something very powerful when you stand there infront of a newstand on Aries New Moon looking at all your options---this is frequently when the light bulbs go off.. not just on what you want.. but how you see it and how you approach it.

for example DevonC might right now feel she needs a lot of pictures of electric things for her house... but on new moon she might see a magazine which has one room totally covered with all that she wants and that is the image she picks out for her map... because the tone of the photo says, "all ectronics are here."

hth

#148 of 512 Old 02-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Tracy, what is your experience with people painting their maps? I know there's a segment in The Secret about the man who paints pictures of women looking away, and is told that's why he's never able to get a date. Then he paints pictures of himself with multiple women, and he suddenly gets tons of dates. Would this work for treasure mapping? I have a pile of canvas, and tubes upon tubes of paint....but I've decluttered all of my magazines. It seems that you could get a much more personalized map if you create it completely from scratch. Or is there a reason that this would create a weaker map?
#149 of 512 Old 02-06-2007, 01:25 PM

I think painting them is awesome... it only makes sense that it would.. I mean think of all that energy going into every stroke.
and yes, I think it was debrabaker who did it... we need Debra's input!

#150 of 512 Old 02-07-2007, 05:08 PM

Subbing!

I may just be working on my map during early labor (with my Treasure Map '06 baby!!)

Needless to say, I LOVE treasure mapping!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page