2007 Treasure Mapping? When will it be? - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 512 Old 02-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did Treasure Mapping with my 13 yr niece and her mom... it was so wonderful. I can't think of a better way to talk to the young women in our lives than over Treasure Mapping. Just think what it would have offered us, if we had started 20 years earlier.

Maureen
#182 of 512 Old 02-09-2007, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMoMpls View Post
I did Treasure Mapping with my 13 yr niece and her mom... it was so wonderful. I can't think of a better way to talk to the young women in our lives than over Treasure Mapping. Just think what it would have offered us, if we had started 20 years earlier.
No kidding! I love, love, love it!
hmmmm, maybe my 3 yr old & I will do one. Why not right?
#183 of 512 Old 02-09-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMoMpls View Post
That's great!!

I am going to do it with my 9 year old DD. We are trying to work on turning her attitude more positive. She has so much potential and talent, but is mired in self-doubt.
#184 of 512 Old 02-09-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCate View Post
That's great!!

I am going to do it with my 9 year old DD. We are trying to work on turning her attitude more positive. She has so much potential and talent, but is mired in self-doubt.
This really makes me want to start another thread. :

I really want to talk about how to teach this to our dcs - even our young ones.

Maybe later I"ll bump up the LoA & Children thread.
#185 of 512 Old 02-10-2007, 05:56 AM

My 5yr old will be treasure mapping with us , he is great with all the LoA stuff, teaches me :
#186 of 512 Old 02-10-2007, 06:32 PM

: Subbing...
#187 of 512 Old 02-11-2007, 01:09 AM

Oh I can't wait to do mine, it will be my first!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#188 of 512 Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 PM

Subbing.
#189 of 512 Old 02-13-2007, 09:32 PM

Subbing for my first map as well. Let the decluttering begin!
#190 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 02:46 AM

I can't wait to do this!!
#191 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 03:09 PM

My dh agreed to do one and our 6 year old ds wants to do one too. Actually ds will be 7, his b-day is April 15.

I am so looking forward to this.
#192 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 03:13 PM

I know we wait until April's New Moon, but when do we finish them? I mean, is there a *window* so to speak?
#193 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I know we wait until April's New Moon, but when do we finish them? I mean, is there a *window* so to speak?
I thought it was 3 days or so?

ETA: I found this on Post #12:
Quote:
once it starts you have about 3.5 days to build your treasure map. You can take longer but for the energy to really be concentrated it is best to do it in those 3.5 days.
#194 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 03:32 PM

I have a question regarding magazines.

I know that we're supposed to buy all new magazines and wait until the Aries New Moon to do so, if possible. Magazines can be expensive these days, but since that's my birthday (4/17) I thought I'd treat myself that day. So, I went to Borders the other day to just browse the magazines, because I have no idea what's out there. And I couldn't really figure out which magazines I would get. I don't want to get too many. But I had a hard time finding a single magazine with lots that I could/would use from it. Does that make sense? Or should I buy a travel magazine for my travel plans, some type of house/home magazine for home, etc.?

Does anyone have any ideas for specific magazines that are good to use for this type of thing? (I'll likely be doing it alone.)
#195 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I thought it was 3 days or so?

ETA: I found this on Post #12:
Thank you for finding that!
#196 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
When i get magazines I usually just go in and start looking.

I will pick up a house magazine, and a parents/pregnancy magazine, and then maybe a knitting magazine...whatever appeals to you that day. Vogue is a good one for big pictures, travel and home magazines are good for specifics.

But, and I can't stress this enough, let the day guide you. Lose the pre-conceived notions of things you want, and trying to plan for this event. Get your house in order, declutter, feng shui, and leave this project alone until the new moon. It is tough for people to do in this day and age, but just let it be. Think about it if you like - but don't *do* anything about it until the new moon. Then take some time, and focus ONLY on that. Get your magazines, get your supplies, and then do. But trying to plan it out before hand just muddles things I have found. Part of the energy is to take what comes up then, to let your subconscious pull you where you need to go. You may find you want things that you never ever though about.

And another thing - this isn't a laundry list of material things you want. I think that is appealing on some level. Goodness knows it is to me. It is more about what you need, want for your life. So while the big screen tv would be cool - do you want the tv, or the time to watch movies with your kids? Do you want the perfectly decorated house, or for yours to be less hectic or cluttered? Not saying that if you really want a Jaguar you shouldn't put it on your map but examine why you feel drawn to something too.

So, yeah, don't plan. Just let what comes come. It is tough the first couple of times to just let what comes out be what happens. But it is freeing to just let yourself want things, and not care about what those things are okay, or expected.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#197 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 03:47 PM

I think Tracy has said in the past it is okay to use older magazines, just put them away until you start your treasure mapping.

I would also suggest if you are buying new mags to wait until April to get them. The energy may be different then and you will find more things that you are drawn to then. this has been true for me for the last three maps!
Also, the travel agencies always have free magazines with great pictures.

I have been collecting some already and I will probably buy one new one closer to the date. I don't think you really need to go out and spend a fortune on magazines, get creative. I have found many just around the time i needed them just because I was looking.

Also, a huge part of my maps has been the affirmations. That is more important than the pictures for me. Just be open to what you are drawn to and see what comes of it. This is the time for dreaming big and thinking about what you want to draw into your life. Intention is the key.

Remember where you attention goes energy flows

Peace

There's nothing you can know that isn't known. ~ John Lennon
#198 of 512 Old 02-14-2007, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I know that these two things are fundamentally connected. My question is, can I just write out things like "Big Sky Kitchen Apothecary (my home business) nets $100,000 in 2007. Kathirynne retires to raise her children and make milk bath, et cetera." or "[my son] is having an educational experience that is fulfilling and a good fit for him"?

I just like to be as specific as possible, and I think finding pictures for some things would be really difficult.

Visit www.evolutiontosimplicity.blogspot.com to follow my epic saga of single mummahood....

#199 of 512 Old 02-18-2007, 05:54 AM

Subbing...

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#200 of 512 Old 02-18-2007, 10:48 AM

subbing!
#201 of 512 Old 02-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathirynne View Post
I know that these two things are fundamentally connected. My question is, can I just write out things like "Big Sky Kitchen Apothecary (my home business) nets $100,000 in 2007. Kathirynne retires to raise her children and make milk bath, et cetera." or "[my son] is having an educational experience that is fulfilling and a good fit for him"?

I just like to be as specific as possible, and I think finding pictures for some things would be really difficult.
Just jumping in here!

I think you can get creative and as long as you are putting your intention into it, it can/will manifest --

Like if you have a logo for your business, or a logo you put on your products, put that on your vision board in a mothering magazine mock-up or something --- like get a mothering magazine (or whatever) font page, and put your logo on it like it has made the front page --- now if this isn't what you are wanting, don't freak it is intention that matters -- the symbol of doing that, is a very successful business --- or put your business logo surrounded by symbols of financial freedom -- gold, coins, etc....

as far as your son, you can cut out pics of children in learning environments where they look really happy --

I think the point here is the intention, the symbol, the creation you are putting into the treasure map --- so like if you put pics of children in joyous learning situations with the intention of that being your son's experience etc --- that is what you are in the process of creating -- kwim?
#202 of 512 Old 02-18-2007, 11:34 AM

Woo hoo....can't wait to do the Treasure Map this year!! It'll be my 2nd time!!

I had one thing (very important thing financial that is) came true from my TP last year. Though 2 other things didn't come yet...I'm so happy for what I've got.

This time I already feel confident that I'll get whatever I ask for!!!! Intention.....is everything!!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#203 of 512 Old 02-18-2007, 04:26 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great posts, I am getting some wonderful ideas!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#204 of 512 Old 02-18-2007, 10:01 PM

Just joining in to say that my kids and I do treasure maps and I think this year is going to be WONDERFUL!!!!!!! I'm so excited....both for myself and for them!

The kids are planning to do one map together....and I cannot wait to see all that they desire to manifest!

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#205 of 512 Old 02-20-2007, 02:56 AM

subbing & looking forward to doing my first map! dh seems to be on board, too. both ds' are a bit young, but maybe the 5 year old can help?

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#206 of 512 Old 02-21-2007, 03:17 AM

So I did the treasure map last year and felt like the whole thing fell really flat. We had a terrible year. Again. We attract tragedy. I don't know how. Things work out in the end, but seriously, the tragedy just doesn't seem quite worth it. I think that overall, our life is good, charmed even, but there are just a few sticky things... I might just sob right now...

I had a safe wrapped in rope on my treasure map and that didn't happen at all - we had our worst year financially and I dropped out of a job application process due to emotional stress and my husband lost a job due to educational tragedy. My baby continued to breastfeed - that was on my map - but it was after an unexpected surgery for a sudden injury and then I bfed on meds that got through to him and I feel so guilty for it. I drink a lot of tea these days - that was on my map - but it's because I need it to fight the nausea from my nerve meds. I'm knitting - crafting was on my map - but I had a two month lapse due to the hand injury and I missed the big projects I wanted to do for Christmas. I have made good friends - that was on my map too - but I've had some very uncomfortable and difficult moments and everyone is going through tremendous change just now. My guardian angels were my family and that part of the map was absolutely 100 percent true - through all this horrible stuff my mother and step dad and sisters were there helping us. But I still just don't have much faith right now.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#207 of 512 Old 02-21-2007, 03:42 AM

Annakiss

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#208 of 512 Old 02-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
That safe image is interesting. A safe wrapped in rope? As in to haul away? Or inaccessible? Just an interesting image given the outcome.

It sounds like a lot of the stuff manifested, just not without a heck of a high price tag. (I read about your injury. It sounds very bad. )

My first map was like that too - things showed up, but boy, howdy, not the way I wanted, and with some hefty price tags attached. For me, it truly was a case of, "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it." It seemed, for me YMMV, I was not being specific enough.

Anyway. Sorry to jump in, feeling blathery and thoughtful and probably really fracking annoying. Nothing like a little assvice when you're feeling down. Sorry.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#209 of 512 Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 AM

Annakiss: I'm really new at this whole LoA thing, so forgive me if I'm off base (and I've yet to do a Map). It seems as though the *if's, and's, and but's* are preventing you from getting the most from your map experience.

In your post, every positive thing that happened to you had an addendum of something negative. Can you write out all the good things that happened and leave them at that? Knowing you put making friends on the map and you made friends, thinking about how you feel when you are with the new friends, how deep the conversations get, how they stimulate you, etc. Your family helped you, your guardian angels, how does that make you feel? Concentrate on that. Lynn Grabhorn (Excuse Me Your Life Is Waiting) says all it takes is 16 seconds. If you concentrate on each of the positives you mentioned in your post for at least 16 seconds each, you have a minute! If you take that minute and think about it three times a day, that's three minutes. That opens up your being to allow the Universe to work with you instead of against you.

I have to tell you that I am a pessimist. I have always looked on the negative side because if something good happened, I was *pleasantly surprised*. It didn't happen very often! Every since I stumbled across The Secret (I purchased Excuse Me... months ago but never picked it up -- I wasn't ready for it yet), I have been trying and trying to change. Know what? I feel I am more negative now than I was before! Of course, it may be that I am just more conscious of my negativity.

I have changed my location here on MDC from *Displaced* (negative) to *Secret-ing* (positive). It's a tiny little detail, but I feel it makes a difference. Every night before I go to bed, I write down the things that I am grateful for. Some days I have line after line after line, other days I am thankful for little more than my DD and food and heat. I have had to take baby steps because it is very hard to undo all my years of negativity.

I am so very new to this, and I feel weird even trying to give advice, but your post spoke to me. I hope something in mine speaks to you.

Love and Light!!!

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#210 of 512 Old 02-21-2007, 03:57 AM

I do appreciate the hugs.

April 17th is my birthday.

eta - MommyofPunkiePie, we x-posted. I don't know. I'm a realist. I take joy as much as I can. I see what I have. I do. Really. I also have a knack for bizarre personal tragedy. When the shit hits me, it hits in big, dramatic ways. Maybe it's the universe teaching me that I can't control anything. Maybe it's just random synchronicity. I don't honestly know why I do a treasure map. Not to crash the thread, but I'm not spiritual. I'm an atheist. I view these woo-woo things as kinda kooky. I participated because I thought it seemed cool, in a way. I liked visualizing what I wanted for my life so that I could exercise some form of intent. I viewed it as a sort of creative to-do list. I did it according to the feng shui ideas. I had pretty specific ideas about what I wanted: to save money, to laugh with friends, to have good sex, to relax, to enjoy my children and my nursing relationship, for ds1 to stop having accidents, to do crafty things, to clean my house, and to be loved by my family. Is that 9? Are those too general? It was hard because life is pretty okay - charmed, even, as I said. Except for all those pesky accidents.

I'm not trying to focus on the negative. I just have my moments. I don't know what my deal is... I guess I had the urge to rain on the treasure map parade. lol sorry! I look at my map - it's in my kitchen - and maybe i do feel rather pessimistic. I don't see it as treasure. I see it as a reminder of the ideals to which I aspire. It's all very clean and tidy. Very unlike life. I think it's just sort of funny. There's all these stories of objects on treasure maps yielding - well, treasure - and I think it's just interesting that I get these surprises and they're not me doing yoga everyday or our savings really growing as it should or buying a house, but they're me nearly losing my hand and dh failing the major test of his career, quite unexpectedly. And yet - we overcome earth-shattering obstacles quite well. But right now, right this moment, I am not keen on that. I am keen on the nausea tea in front of me and how crummy I feel physically and how I have to do all these things to overcome that. I am just right now feeling down about it. My anxiety does not escape me. I don't know why. I am taking over this thread. I must be stopped.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page