2007 Treasure Mapping? When will it be? - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 512 Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
Love that you are writing a screenplay. You know about Final Draft, right?
(i'm tv writer and producer by trade )
that's so cool, tracy. dh is trying to get a real writing job instead of being an unemployed freelancer. he's been talking about writing a movie or tv show for ages & actually has final draft. my oldest wants to be on tv. lol

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#242 of 512 Old 02-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
That's a bummer it fell through Tracy. I miss stage managing - sometimes. Other times I am thrilled I don't do it anymore. But you know, keeping my hand in and all wouldn't be bad.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#243 of 512 Old 02-25-2007, 01:14 PM

ADinaL,

Honestly, AdinaL if I were you and you wanted to keep your foot in production.. I would break out of stage managing and head for producing.. and the perfect place to try to break in (at least IMO) would be at Oregon Public Broadcasting Portland.

I am crazy about one of their shows in particular, HISTORY DETECTIVES. I'm sure ther are a lot of MDC moms who have watched it on their local pbs affiliates. A really stellar show. Anyway, it comes from your neck of the woods.. and I have also seen other programming that I thought was so good and it was again generated by Oregon Public Broadcasting.

http://www.opb.org/insideopb/contactus/

here's more on history detectives

http://www.pbs.org/opb/historydetectives/index.html

I would if Iwere you take a meeting with someone there and see if you can break in... even if it is a researching job.. which I think would be so cool...from there you could start to leap to AP and then Producing... perhaps you could share a research job with another employee so that you don't have to work 40 hours a week.

anyway, I say all the above to say that I think OPB rocks!

sadly our own local pbs blows. I think it is because everyone here goes for network tv.

frankly I right now am so OVER tv in general. That's whyI'm exploring the internet for my next job.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#244 of 512 Old 02-25-2007, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devaskyla View Post
that's so cool, tracy. dh is trying to get a real writing job instead of being an unemployed freelancer. he's been talking about writing a movie or tv show for ages & actually has final draft. my oldest wants to be on tv. lol

I encourage you to do whatever you can to gently nudge him from 'talking about' into DOING.
a few hours a week for next six months will probably do the trick.

and DO WHATEVER you can to keep your oldest off TV--

you know Vancouver and Toronto are the two towns for production. Hollywood/NY of Canada.

#245 of 512 Old 02-25-2007, 01:38 PM

if i can find time...im in.

could sure use the help...espically w/ a hubby's job situation and where 2 live...

can i map bout this?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#246 of 512 Old 02-25-2007, 02:24 PM

I just created that declutter thread I wanted. If anyone would like to come and play please do so...I would love to have some company-

Declutter Before Treasure Map time!!!!

belly.gif heartbeat.gif   computergeek2.gif  
#247 of 512 Old 02-25-2007, 09:15 PM

I just bought boards, markers and a glue stick. I'm ready but I don't have any magazines or anything like that. Ideas?
#248 of 512 Old 02-26-2007, 01:23 AM

I'm excited for Treasure Mapping, just found out what it is!! I'm going to try to find the Secret and watch that soon!!

I hope that I don't forget! Does anyone know if I'll get updates as long as the same thread is going?
#249 of 512 Old 02-26-2007, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
I just bought boards, markers and a glue stick. I'm ready but I don't have any magazines or anything like that. Ideas?
Wait to buy magazines until we begin. Best to wait for the new moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susykat View Post
I'm excited for Treasure Mapping, just found out what it is!! I'm going to try to find the Secret and watch that soon!!

I hope that I don't forget! Does anyone know if I'll get updates as long as the same thread is going?
Someone is sure to post something along the lines of "start your engines" and as long as you're subscribed to the thread, it will appear in your User Control Panel alerting you that we're still chatting about it, so just check every now and again when you see it pop up.

anna kiss partner to jon radical mama to aleks (8/02) and bastian (5/05)
#250 of 512 Old 02-27-2007, 12:21 AM

One thing I am curious about with the treasure maps is do they have to be a certain size? It sounds like a lot of people are doing theirs on a big poster board...is it ok to do it on a smaller scale? Also after you are finished with the map should it be put away somewhere or kept out to look at? Should the things on the treasure map be goals for only this year or far into the future as well?
#251 of 512 Old 02-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Whatever scale speaks to you I keep mine where I can look at it, I like reminding myself what is there.

I tend to not look at the things I put on there as goals per se,. but as things I want. Regardless of when they happen, or if I have to do something to get them to happen. Goals tend to be more time oriented and things you must achieve. This is like a big fat cosmic wish list for me. Letting the powers that be know what I am looking for so they can provide it if they so choose. I still work to attain those things, no one is going to magically knit all the yarn in my stash into garments after all but I also allow for things to fall into my lap. So yeah, put what you want on there. Regardless of when you want it to happen. Somethings will manifest very fast, others won't.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#252 of 512 Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post
I was just eyeing up the poster board at the news agent the other day too I have all the markers & gluesticks one could ever need with small boys around though! I've got mum & a couple of friends saving mags for me (I don't routinely buy any) and I'm going to pick up a couple when the time comes. I think I may buy some nice gel pens for my TM ... just cause they make me happy to use

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#253 of 512 Old 02-27-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
I want to say that I don't mean to come of as cold or uncaring. I just wanted to clarify about the poetry, RiverSky. I know there's been a lot of "all this horrible stuff happened to me" in my posts here, but really, I'm not running around like that all the time IRL. I promise!
Cool. I was asking not just for you, but for me, too. I'm trying so hard not to place negative orders. Just tonight I was venting venting venting at a moms night out with some close friends about some family drama that is trying to force itself into our lives (which we are trying to avoid and move away from) and I don't know if I was placing an order or just doing healthy venting. Hmmm.... I would love to not talk about it at all, but I was looking for advice on how to handle it all the best way from close friends without getting dragged down into the mire along with some toxic relatives. In order to explain the whole situation to my friends, I had to describe some negative situations from the past...or at least I felt I had to.

Thoughts, anyone? What do you think? How best to handle those types of things? How best to describe them? Is it best just not to talk about them at all? I just don't know.

My Secret DVD has been ordered and is on the way. I've seen it once and I've skimmed the "What the Bleep" book. I've got a lot to learn.
#254 of 512 Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM

subbing
#255 of 512 Old 03-02-2007, 12:20 AM

Tracy, I have another question. I was thinking of doing a digital map. Would that be acceptable? I thought I might take photos of things I want to put on it, thus going out in the world and finding things that are really big wishes and making it all the more real. Whaddyathink?

#256 of 512 Old 03-02-2007, 01:39 AM

Anna Kiss I *think* I remember reading on the old treasure map thread yonks ago that someone did just that... there was even a photo and it was lovely. I think it's a great idea *especially* if you could set it as the wallpaper for your computer screen! ...not that we spend most of our time at the computer or anything

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#257 of 512 Old 03-02-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annakiss View Post
Tracy, I have another question. I was thinking of doing a digital map. Would that be acceptable? I thought I might take photos of things I want to put on it, thus going out in the world and finding things that are really big wishes and making it all the more real. Whaddyathink?
sounds great to me.

#258 of 512 Old 03-02-2007, 10:24 AM

Keeping a watchful eye I cant wait to do my map and my children are so eager as well.

When should we start buying magazines?

Amy
#259 of 512 Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
sounds great to me.
Groovy. I'll do just that then!

#260 of 512 Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy974 View Post
Keeping a watchful eye I cant wait to do my map and my children are so eager as well.

When should we start buying magazines?

Amy
Wait for the new moon - April 17th.

#261 of 512 Old 03-03-2007, 12:27 PM

I thought we wanted to have it done by April 17th?

We can start 3 days before that, right?

I have a question.....
I'm going out of town on April 11th--April 18th so I want to buy the magazines and supplies to have with me to do while away on my trip...but if it's really an issue I could find a way to buy the magazines there but only if I had to becasue I won't have a car there. What do you think?
#262 of 512 Old 03-03-2007, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth View Post
I thought we wanted to have it done by April 17th?

We can start 3 days before that, right?

I have a question.....
I'm going out of town on April 11th--April 18th so I want to buy the magazines and supplies to have with me to do while away on my trip...but if it's really an issue I could find a way to buy the magazines there but only if I had to becasue I won't have a car there. What do you think?

The treasure map begins on the april 17th--you have 3 days from the 17th. My suggestion would be to buy a couple of magazines after the new moon starts..most hotels have magazines in their gift shops or just walk to a corner drugstore.. you can rip out the images that call to you...put them in a large envelope and maybe write down some affirmations on the 17th and the 18th. Then on the 19th when you are home you can go out and get more magazines if you need them but you can put everything together on the 19 and 20th.

#263 of 512 Old 03-03-2007, 01:39 PM

Thank you Tracy.
#264 of 512 Old 03-08-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
April 17, 2007 Note at 11:35 GMT (so minus for US times) -- 27 degrees 05 Aries
how is that date determined? just curious as to why it's then and not when the sun enters aries or whatever?
#265 of 512 Old 03-08-2007, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
how is that date determined? just curious as to why it's then and not when the sun enters aries or whatever?

it is the aries new moon. New is when we plant seeds And aries is the sign when we plant seeds. So it is new on new....

the first day of spring is the first day of aries..but the moon is still lagging behind as it will be a pisces new moon. (28 degrees from a couple days earlier).

#266 of 512 Old 03-08-2007, 01:09 PM

ahhh ok, thanks. I probably forgot that from last year.
#267 of 512 Old 03-08-2007, 02:41 PM

I have been getting magazines (Just the ones I get in the mail) and putting them up, not even looking at them and I'm saving then until then. I was under the impression that was fine, right?
Thanks!! I'm so excited to do this.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#268 of 512 Old 03-13-2007, 02:22 PM

Subbing. This is so up my alley. lol

Question though- anyone else take the phrase "be careful what you wish for" really really really seriously?

Like, I'm afraid to wish for money, because I'm afraid that I'll inherit money from someone who died, kwim?
What phrase can I add to mitigate that? "harm none" or what?

Is that a really really stupid thing? lol

Becky, partner to Teague, SAHM to Keagan (7yo), Jonah (2yo)

#269 of 512 Old 03-13-2007, 02:30 PM

I don't think it's stupid, but I have more trust in the universe than that. Nor do I hold to the poverty thinking that for me to gain someone must lose.
#270 of 512 Old 03-13-2007, 03:56 PM

Deva33mommy, I think you could find it helpful to examine what sort of beliefs and fears underlie you taking it very very seriously. When I did that, I realized I was afraid of the Universe being extremely literal, and even taking pleasure in tricking humans who dare to make wishes! And I don't really believe that. I'm learning to focus on the end result I want, and to let the Universe take care of the "how". It takes some trust... and it works!

I do still like to use the phrase "It is this or something better, for the greatest good of all concerned." I use it to express my good will, and because I know I don't know everything, and because I like to be open to things being even better than I imagined. hth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page