Biblical Marriage with Wifely Submission #5 Winter 06 - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 348 Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yes, I'e been doing turning exercizes religiously (haha).
When we move, it's only for one year, then we move again. I don't know how likely it is that I'll find like minded mamas. I'd love it, though.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#332 of 348 Old 03-26-2007, 06:58 PM

Well I'm outside Toledo OH so as long as you sort of stay in the area we'll have to set up a get together. I MEAN that. I need friends that understand MY convictions.
#333 of 348 Old 03-26-2007, 09:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Which way from Toledo? I'm right on the border of Toledo/MI in Erie (MI). :-)
#334 of 348 Old 03-27-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormySar View Post
Which way from Toledo? I'm right on the border of Toledo/MI in Erie (MI). :-)
Oregon, OH
#335 of 348 Old 03-28-2007, 01:28 AM

hello all. i would love to join...i hope i am messaging in the right sopt. please excuse me, i am new to mothering...or at least i havent been on here in a while. anyway, my husband and i feel pulled to Christ as of recent. we want to raise our boys in the eyes of God. we are having quite the squabbles lately and i am coming to the realization that they probably have a lot to do with me and my unwillingness to submit. i think that things would be a lot smoother if i just left things in my husbands hands and trust that with God's guidance, he has the best intentions for our family.

i hope you all can be a wonderful support team for me as i transition my thinking. i want everything to be smooth again. dont think that things are really bad, but we just squabble so much...its draining and not fair to our little ones.
#336 of 348 Old 03-28-2007, 11:32 AM

It can be VERY difficult when trying to work through the issues of life as your heart changes too. I am in no way perfect but I am glad that GOD is forgiving and when I offend SO is DH. The one thing we ALL have to remember is that there are TWO imperfect people trying to find a way to live in harmony. I try to fix the parts in arguements/disagreements that are MY fault and take peace in THAT. Whatever DH does is between he and GOD.

I am glad you're here and I hope that you stay. It's good to have other Mama's that I can talk to.
#337 of 348 Old 03-29-2007, 04:14 PM

Praying for all of the mamas here

Fishy.. I hope things are getting better.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#338 of 348 Old 03-30-2007, 12:11 AM

I was prescribed Anti-depressants yesterday. I know they say that it takes two weeks for them to start working BUT something happened tonight that would have set me off two days ago and I DIDN'T fly off into a rage. I don't know if it's connected to the pill I took lastnight OR that I am MORE aware of my anger/frustration. Either way SOMETHING is working.
#339 of 348 Old 04-03-2007, 03:10 PM

Checking in to make sure everybody is doing okay.
#340 of 348 Old 04-04-2007, 02:10 AM

i am doing ok, i hope that you are too fish. we had a nice visit with a couple from church today. they stayed and had supper and were just generally nice to chat with. they are our age with older children. i sometimes forget how nice it is to converse with adults. i think that when we do have people over, it gives me and dh a break from each other. that way when the company leaves, we are more receptive to each other. my dh was in such a nice mood this evening, it was really nice for a change.

not that hes perpetually grunpy or anything, but we both agree that he probably had seasonal affective disorder. he is so lathargic and isolates himself during the winter. it is very taxing on our relationship. he just seems to become a different person. and then when spring hits and he can get outside and dig in the garden, he starts to return to this calm, collected person that i always enjoyed. i dont think he will ever seek treatment, plus i think we might have a hard time convincing a doctor that he just doesnt have cabin fever. im not so sure that dh would want to do anything about it anyhow. yadda yadda yadda....well thanks for the vent!
#341 of 348 Old 04-04-2007, 11:08 AM

I am hoping to join! I am asking for prayers, as my husband and I left our church of 7 years this last weekend. We are praying for a new church family, and also praying for our old church that we left. Thank you. My husband is meeting with our old pastor on Friday, and could especially use prayers. We tried to leave on a good note, but things have gotten ugly. Our pastor has trouble letting go, and often starts accusing people that are leaving of things that are just not true. My husband has been in leadership and the worship team.

Mama to 9 year-old girl , and a 7 year-old boy :, and my big little 6 year-old boy, and a 4 year-old boy
#342 of 348 Old 04-04-2007, 02:15 PM

Vent away NeKisha...I think we ALL need that from time to time. I am glad that you were able to get some good fellowship time in.

Spunky....I am praying for your situation. As I shared with you elsewhere we have been where you are and it's hard. Our old church's pastor actually tried to make it difficult to attend ANY other church as well. He wantes us to come back apologize for disagreeing with the things that are happening and BEG to be allowed to attend again. It's a load of pooey. Anyhow, I am, as I said praying because I KNOW what it's like to be in leadership and leave. Bless you love, and I'm praying for your DH. (((((HUGS)))))
#343 of 348 Old 04-04-2007, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Popping in to say hi!:
#344 of 348 Old 04-05-2007, 12:41 AM

Haven't had time to post much lately. We have had "Plagues Week.5" at our house and are coming up on Passover and Resurrection Day quickly.

Also just celebrated my baby's third birthday today. I can't believe he is 3 already.

But I'm still here. I'll be back more when the Resurrection Day is past.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#345 of 348 Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 PM

Hello everybody. This thread fell to the bottom of the pile. I suppose we should make a new one since the "winter" months are over.
#346 of 348 Old 04-15-2007, 09:40 PM

please pray for me.
#347 of 348 Old 04-17-2007, 10:19 AM

Can I come and visit? I ahve been reading your posts. I am a Christian mom to 4 kids who strives daily to be the best mom, wife, and Christian He would have me be through His grace. I have been married 15 years wih a saved husband for 3. God has seen us through so much and he has been ever merciful and faithful beyond measure. Anyone listen to Beth Moore?
#348 of 348 Old 04-19-2007, 05:45 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page