Biblical Marriage with Wifely Submission #5 Winter 06 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 348 Old 10-23-2006, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow Jenny..I know what you're talking about...its like after you have a baby, and you stir at the slightest sound of their breathing change...

so its like you perpetually have a newborn as far as sleep goes! whew!

I do admire you for your attitude concerning it all tho...we're proud to have you here as our friend!!

wanna move to Tennessee?? I'd help ya out
#62 of 348 Old 10-24-2006, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
Fasting...another thing that has been on my mind alot.... :

Except trying to figure out how to incorporate it with my believes of being quiverfull as I have been breastfeeding or pregnant almost straight since early 1999.
There are other forms of fasting besides just food. This is the issue that many people find themselves in. As long as there is something in your routine that you replace with the presence of GOD you are fasting. Usually it has to be something indulgent. IE if you soak your feet at night that would be the time you use to fellowship with the LORD. I hope this makes sense.
#63 of 348 Old 10-24-2006, 07:10 PM

I hope I can join in this thread. DH and I have a Biblical marriage, although submission is definitely something that does NOT come naturally to me We have been married for 4yrs now and since the beginning, we knew what our roles were *supposed* to be, we just weren't fulfilling them. Over the last yr and a half, we have come full circle and have made many changes regarding our roles.

I'm off to plunge into the previous threads, but wanted to leave with some books I have found especially helpful in my journey:

"Rocking the Roles" by Robert Lewis and William Hendricks
"Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas
"Starting Your Marriage Right" by Dennis and Barbara Rainey
and DH has liked "The Christian Husband" by Bob Lepine

I can't wait to read what you mamas have to say and I'm so happy to find some like-minded women

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#64 of 348 Old 10-26-2006, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Ladies,

I need some help. As I've mentioned, DH isn't a Christian, and I have only recently (last two months) converted. I've been praying to the Lord for guidance, and today DH is essentially telling me he won't commit to monogamy.

For background, before I found Christ we were married, practicing monogamy, but had a theoretically open marriage although we weren't practicing with others. (Ouch, that's hard to write)

Now that I've found Christ I have absolutely no desire in this area whatsoever.

Can I get your thoughts on adultery, and what a submissive, Christian wife should do when her husband states that he won't be monogamous, but doesn't have another partner?

I could really use your help and prayers that this matter be lifted up to the Lord and resolved in the way that best fulfills his will.
#65 of 348 Old 10-26-2006, 07:00 PM

PRAY!!! This is something I will have to think and pray about before I respond, but I didn't want you to think that no one was listening. Hit your knees and pray, mama. I will pray for you and your situation as well. I hope some of the wiser, more experienced mamas in this tribe can give you some Godly counsel. Again,

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

#66 of 348 Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 PM

Thanks Jenn, I wrote that out so fast I forgot to mention I was praying , pretty much non-stop, I am feeling much calmer now thn I did earlier today The first feeling I got was to COOL IT. I wanted to push things to the edge, but I definitely have the signal to wait, to pray, to be calm and loving. s.
#67 of 348 Old 10-26-2006, 10:11 PM

By any chance have you read the previous threads for this group?? There is some AMAZING words of wisdom and counsel doled out in those threads. I am on thread #2 on post 300 so I still have 2 more threads to go, but I am already AMAZED at the mamas in this group. Maybe you could gleen some information from the old threads while waiting for others to respond....
My initial response is this (again, I think I need to pray on this more, but here's what I've been thinking...)
I would not really make an issue of it til it becomes an issue. Continue praying fervently about it, but I would not bring it up, YET. Your dh is not in another relationship, and as far as you know right now, he is not actively looking for one, right?? I would use this time to pray and see if the Lord will work in your dh's heart.
I see it becoming an issue when your dh decides to search out a relationship or persue another woman. Then I would stand firm in my feelings on it. I would express my feelings (in a loving, gentle way, that does NOT involve attacking) and draw my line in the sand at that point, saying something along the lines of, "dh, I do not believe in being in a polygamous relationship. I want to be your and yours alone. I desire for you to be mine and mine only. I love you and made a commitment to you, as you did to me. To share that love and commitment with others outside of our marriage belittles the relationship we have. I cannot be in a marriage in which I must share my husband with another."
I would get his feedback at this point, I would also be prepared with an ultimatum. if he pursues the relationship, you will take the steps towards a separation.
I say separation and not divorce. While I know that divorce is justified in the case of adultery, I also believe that if the adulterer (sp??) repents (and does NOT continue in his/her unfaithful ways), the marriage is worth saving (provided you also feel you can work at it, it will take both of you, not just the unfaithful party).
There a quite a few mamas in this group who have experienced the hearache of infidelity and have stayed in their marriages and I believe that the Lord will bless them tremendously for it. I really suggest that if you haven't read past threads to do so. Again, you are in my prayers.

#68 of 348 Old 10-26-2006, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferC View Post
Hi Ladies,

I need some help. As I've mentioned, DH isn't a Christian, and I have only recently (last two months) converted. I've been praying to the Lord for guidance, and today DH is essentially telling me he won't commit to monogamy.

For background, before I found Christ we were married, practicing monogamy, but had a theoretically open marriage although we weren't practicing with others. (Ouch, that's hard to write)

Now that I've found Christ I have absolutely no desire in this area whatsoever.

Can I get your thoughts on adultery, and what a submissive, Christian wife should do when her husband states that he won't be monogamous, but doesn't have another partner?

I could really use your help and prayers that this matter be lifted up to the Lord and resolved in the way that best fulfills his will.

I have been busy lately sorry I haven't gotten here until now. I couldn't read this without saying something. If you read the scriptures Paul states that HE NOT the LORD says that adultery is a basis for divorce. If you read other verses elsewhere it is pretty clear that divorce is often encountered due to hardness of heart. Since there is NO actions showing signs of extra-marital affairs I would just pray that GOD through his spirit softens you DH's heart so that HE sees the commitment necessary for a complete and Godly marriage. It is his responsibility to Love you as Christ loved the "church" aka body/bride. Sometimes people (in their flesh) can't comprehend the idea of monogamy often the do it because the "opportunity never presents itself". As you are believing that the Spirit will work in your DH's life you also need to believe that the "opportunity" will NOT present itself. You also NEED to pray that GOD will help with your heart so that it is soft and pliable where you marriage is concerned. I have NO doubt that GOD can change the heart of your husband. Be strong sister I KNOW it is NOT an easy road.

Dear God Please bless JenniferC and her marriage to her husband. We KNOW that with you ALL things are possible. We thank you that Jennifer's heart was turned toward you and pray that the rest of her family follows. In your name we thank you that we can come to you ~Amen
#69 of 348 Old 10-27-2006, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I would not really make an issue of it til it becomes an issue. Continue praying fervently about it, but I would not bring it up, YET. Your dh is not in another relationship, and as far as you know right now, he is not actively looking for one, right?? I would use this time to pray and see if the Lord will work in your dh's heart.
I agree! Your husband may be testing you. Or testing the waters. I have often, often made things much more complicated and miserable than they needed to be by jumping on something my husband said, or an idea he expressed. He often thinks up some pretty crazy things : and soon realizes their impracticality or whatever else is wrong with them on his own *if* I can keep my mouth shut long enough.
Not that you shouldn't tell him that you believe this is wrong. But then leave it at that--put the ball in his court.
#70 of 348 Old 10-27-2006, 04:29 PM

Thank you so much ladies. I am reading through the older threads, so much love and wisdom, it is taking me some time however .

I am coming to a very similar place in my prayer and reflections today, DH is still just talking about his beliefs theoretically for some time in the future. I am continuing to pray for him, and for our marriage. Loving on him and our children.

What I have found in my reading of the scriptures is that even if one of the partners commits adultery, because the man and woman are irrevocably made one, after the divorce if either remarries then the new relationship is adulterous.

So I have been feeling that while I am praying for the best, I need to remember that DH is walking his own walk, and ultimately I cannot judge him, nor am I responsible for his actions. So I am responsible to fulfill my vows and responsibilities to the best of my ability regardless of his actions/thoughts/desires - they are not for me to 'allow' or 'disallow'.

I hope this makes sense .

Thank you for your prayers. His Kingdom Come, His Will Be Done - in my life, and the life of my husband and our family, as in all things.
#71 of 348 Old 10-27-2006, 04:44 PM

JenniferC ~ I have read your post, and I keep thinking about the verse:

1 Peter 3:1 "In like manner, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, even if any obey not the word, they may without the word be gained by the behavior of their wives..."

Your husband has stated his "beliefs" (for a lack of a better word) regarding your marriage. You both agreed upon this at the time of your marriage (if I read your other post correctly). So changing his view point over night is not likely to happen. On top of this, "you got religion" (I can just hear some people saying this) and if you begin "demanding" a new agreement, you can push him away from you. (Not that you are, just noting a point.)

What I see, beyond prayer, is that you need to woo your husband. Let him know that you love him and that he is all you need, and that you can be all he needs, both physically and emotionally. You will not only strengthen your marriage, but you can draw him to Christ through your actions.

I am sure you have heard all this before, but just thought I would toss it out there again. I will keep you in my prayers.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#72 of 348 Old 10-27-2006, 04:47 PM

Sorry....I am not up to date with the thread :

Just wanted to pop in and say today is my 5th Anniversary!

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers today.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#73 of 348 Old 10-27-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
My feet hurt!

I have just started working a couple evenings a week (I went back to my old job, but really only did that so they would hire my daughter! ). But I forgot how hard it is on my feet to stand for hours on end on a hard floor!
When I was a cashier, I always wore these:

http://www.footwise.com/Tatami/Oklahoma_Shearling.cfm

They honestly work wonders. I think they might also have a version with "backs".

babyf.gif

#74 of 348 Old 10-27-2006, 06:38 PM

hello ladies -

have a question for you.

I have been thinking a lot about making a magor religous shift. perhaps denominational but it goes to the very core of my beliefs including doctrine, lifestuyle and evebn the days of some holiday celebrations. while it is still Christian all my evangelical relitives (especially inlaws) are going to think i have flipped my lid at best. at worst they are going to launch an all out campeign to turn my husband against me, teach my children the "proper way", tell them I am legalistic and that Christ is weeping over my lack of whatever. . . anyway. . . . of course it is not a denomination that raises eyebrows of uninformed protastants so they might not even catch on. just think it is another one of my weird church things

Ok so I don't care what they think. this is a place God has been pushing me towards from several different directions.

the catch - my husband is sorta in an ambiguous place spiritually. We have talked a little about it but I don't think he really grasps what a plunge this is. and how different it is. he says he doesn't care that I need to do what I need to do but he hasn't got a clue what a big deal this.

ok so would make a big religous shift without your husband even if you had his blessing? (honestly I don't know if i thechnically can. it seems like I read somehting somewhere about a married person not being able to fully convert if thier husband won't but I am not worried about that because I don't feel like has lead me here for nothing.)

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#75 of 348 Old 10-27-2006, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Jennifer, there is a ton of wisdom among these mamas.

Keep reading the old threads, and be aware if the earliest posts seem a bit disjointed its b/c we had a lot of dissenters popping in and arguing to us about our beliefs, and therefore the threads were shut down temporarily.

then they started 2 separate threads...one for wifely submission, and one for Biblical Marriage with equal submission....or something like that

I dont think the other thread is still in existence, but as you can see, we're still going strong

so keep reading..youwill learn from our mistakes, to be sure!
#76 of 348 Old 10-28-2006, 12:47 AM

Lilyka
If you truly feel in your heart that this is GOD's leading HE will provide the way to "convert" your household if it be his will. Personally DH and I have a few doctrinal differences ourselves BUT between the two of us we have been able to overcome those obstacles and BOTH of us have learned a LOT. That is what GOD has used to help push both of us to a new place in our spiritual walks. You know "Iron sharpening Iron". Rest assured I am praying for you during this time in your lives and believing that GOD's plan is revealed in his timing.
#77 of 348 Old 10-28-2006, 12:50 AM

Angelbee
Praying for you and believing for many more wonderful years for both of you. My grandparents were married for 57 years before my grandfather passed. What an amazing testimony. My Grandmother was a God fearing believer and my Grandfather had NO religious affiliations. She was a wonderful submissive woman and a great inspiration even now. She teaches me so much about how a wife should be. Congratulations on 5 years.
#78 of 348 Old 10-28-2006, 02:25 AM

what I can't make peace with is that he says "yes go ahead and do it" he was very supportive. but isn't intrested in joining us. it feels wrong to go ahead and makesuch magor life changes and changes in the way I am raising his children with out him standing with me. We won't even be able to take communion together and he could attend with me but he wouldn't really be a part of it. it doesn't make it easy for him to come back. because he won't be going back to the easy brand of Christianity we have both become dissalusioned with. there will be nothing left for him to go back to. this is so much bigger than findinga new church home.

but then the whole process of fully joining the church and ctually "converting" (converting seems silly. its still Christian and it feels like what I have been looking for all along but never the less it is conversion) takes a good long time. So maybe in the process. . . .but that is the problem . .do I step out in faith and start the process or do I hold back in faith knowing that God won't leave me hanging if I am faithful to wait for him and trust him? is my husbands reluctance Gods hand holding me back until his perfect timing arrives.

and i will have to face his mother alone ok that is not such a big deal but still. she is going to be heart broken. Why does this all have to be so hard?

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#79 of 348 Old 10-29-2006, 01:24 AM

Wow, I just finished reading ALL the other threads and I am in awe. You ladies are so insightful and wise, I look forward to participating in this group.

#80 of 348 Old 10-29-2006, 01:07 AM - Thread Starter

Jenn!! did you find our quiverfull tribe too??
#81 of 348 Old 10-29-2006, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
Jenn!! did you find our quiverfull tribe too??
Haven't made my way over there yet, although I have posted a few times on older ones, I think . It's so hard keeping up w/ all the different threads on MDC : There is just SO MUCH information tp take in and so little time to do it all.

#82 of 348 Old 10-29-2006, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post
what I can't make peace with is that he says "yes go ahead and do it" he was very supportive. but isn't interested in joining us. it feels wrong to go ahead and make such major life changes and changes in the way I am raising his children with out him standing with me. We won't even be able to take communion together and he could attend with me but he wouldn't really be a part of it. it doesn't make it easy for him to come back. because he won't be going back to the easy brand of Christianity we have both become disillusioned with. there will be nothing left for him to go back to. this is so much bigger than finding new church home.

but then the whole process of fully joining the church and actually "converting" (converting seems silly. its still Christian and it feels like what I have been looking for all along but never the less it is conversion) takes a good long time. So maybe in the process. . . .but that is the problem . .do I step out in faith and start the process or do I hold back in faith knowing that God won't leave me hanging if I am faithful to wait for him and trust him? is my husbands reluctance Gods hand holding me back until his perfect timing arrives.

and i will have to face his mother alone ok that is not such a big deal but still. she is going to be heart broken. Why does this all have to be so hard?
You know I think that truly GOD will call him when he is ready. You just do what you feel is appropriate for you and the children spiritually. Your DH hasn't said you can't change things and go in a new direction. He is saying "do what you want" right? He isn't doing the condescending tone with that is he? If not then do as GOD is calling and pray that he softens your DH's heart. I really don't think that waiting for a while is a bad idea. My grandmother gave me wonderful advice once so this one is on her. She told me and I quote "try to get out of it, (it being what you feel GOD is calling you to) if you can't escape it then you KNOW it's GOD". Does this make sense. There is NO harm in waiting. GOD knows your heart. He KNOWS that you are sincere in your commitment to the LORD and his will in your life. He KNOWS you LOVE him and will follow his word. IF it is GODS will taking your family in a new direction then EVERYBODY will move in this direction willfully.

I am praying for you and hope you can see GOD's direction clearly. (((((HUGS)))))
#83 of 348 Old 10-29-2006, 02:33 AM

AFWAB, I have loved reading your posts over the last 4 days (as I read the old threads). You have such words of wisdom that truly reflect a heart for the Lord.
Lilyka, I agree with AFWAB and don't have anything to add except I will be lifting your family in prayer. I know how difficult it can be when you feel you are being called in a certain direction and your DH is not in that place yet.

#84 of 348 Old 10-30-2006, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillingMyQuiver View Post
Haven't made my way over there yet, although I have posted a few times on older ones, I think . It's so hard keeping up w/ all the different threads on MDC : There is just SO MUCH information tp take in and so little time to do it all.

when you post, before you hit submit, scroll down to the "Subscribe" button..

click on Daily Notification, and at the end of each day, MDC will send a lovely notification to your email inbox, with the posts all right there...

it takes 2 seconds to read up at the end of the day.

#85 of 348 Old 10-30-2006, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
when you post, before you hit submit, scroll down to the "Subscribe" button..

click on Daily Notification, and at the end of each day, MDC will send a lovely notification to your email inbox, with the posts all right there...

it takes 2 seconds to read up at the end of the day.

Thanks mama (I do know how to subscribe though). I just meant that it's difficult to keep up w/ everything b/c there is so much info on here. I forget that there are certain areas of MDC b/c I don't frequent them. Not to mention, I don't get much computer time (DS is VERY spirited and requires A LOT of attention) so it takes a lot for me to get on here. But I will be sure to get over there and intro myself and subscribe

Actually (speaking of DS) I could use some prayer, ladies. DH and I are having a VERY hard time w/ my 2.5yo, DH especially. DS is extremely active and requires a whole lot of attention from us. We are having a hard time w/ discipline and DH isn't quite sure what to do. I am currently reading Raising Your Spirited Child and am hoping it gives us some insight and ideas on how to help DS, but we also need prayer for the Lord's guidance. DH has a difficult time interacting w/ our son b/c he is intense. Please pray for God to work in DH's heart so he has the patience to relate to our "firebal"

#86 of 348 Old 10-30-2006, 01:50 AM

the following post is disjointed and follows no particular order and very wwell not make very much sense apologies in advance but one could argue that I am not very sincere since I am going to post it anyway. whatever

No he wasn't being sarcastic at all. he really couldn't care less. i think if I told him I was moving to the dark side and worshippping satan all he would have to say about it was that i as on my own if his mom found out. nothing is going to happen fast. There is only one church here and i don't like the preist (i used to work for him. he called me stupid and made me cry. often.) so at least for a while i am on my own and can go at my own pace and see what unfolds and what God shows me. I also found a web site where there were several women who were moving forward without thier husbands and it was very encouraging.

its funny how everything in my life is sorta flowing back here. it was all this talk and the controversy that surrounds it that has made me completely re-evaluate my venue and style of worship. or maybe not. maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back. not that the church really takes a stand on submision per say more than any other denomination but just the fact that people are arguing about it and what thier arguments are really brought into focus the problem I have with with the protastant/evangelical church at large.

Today our pastor talked about Bl;esed are the peace makers. it was an awesome sermon.but it reminded me that this is what we are doing. we are being peace makers. that is what submitting is.

I am also reading Jesus of Suburbia - which if i could send a copy to every one of you i would. but don't wait for me to come up with that sort of money. go buy it now. right now. go. he was talking about the sort of people who only want to follow God where it is comfortable and only have faith so long as they are getting blessed. and he talked about how that sort of faith isn't really faith in God but a counterfiet. a shadow. and only when the playing field is uneven. when we aren't getting blesed but choose to obey and praise him for his goodness and infinite wisdom do we have real faith. his example was Job. but it made me think about submission also. anyone can submit mutually. because you know you are going to get your fair share. but how much faith does it take to trust God and just decide to step down and let someone else take over. the Bible clear that this is right and makes no promise of blessing (although I think a heart practiced in submission in big and little things with no hope of fairness is primed for God grace to pour out of them and to be used by God in a magnificent way in this life and the next but I went into that ins a previous post). It takes a lot of faith to just trust hom on this one.

speaking of blessing and submitting and thinking your life is about to suck but trusting anyway . . . . .(can you say run on sentence) Remember how I didn't want to go back to work but my husband wanted me too and blah blah blah - but I did it anyway with a heavy heart. What a freaking blessing that has been. I love my job. it is lame and silly but so much fun and the people i workwith have been such a blessing to me and have shown me so much love. and I have been able to minister to people in my line (breifly because I rock and get people through quickly ) and the people I work with. I am very good at what I do and the people I work for tell me. and reward me and build me up. They appreciate me (genuinely) and have entrusted me with a lot even though I have only been there a few weeks. it is really something my soul needed right now. and hat a blessing it has been for husband to have to step up and be a real dad. with me to hold his hand (and i am not offering much in the way of micro managing thier time together. I kiss everyone goodby and head out the dor. no "bedtime is . . . " no "you need to do xyz" occaisionally I will make supper and if he asks about showers or homework i suggest. All I tell him is what they are doing in the morning (he asked me too) and what time I might be home. it is rather amazing. thier relationships are really blossoming. and i am having a great time. and learning a lot about myself and starting to remember who i was before I had kids. I like the old me. a lot.

i think there was more about submission but and things comeing back to it but i can't think any more.

#87 of 348 Old 10-30-2006, 12:47 PM

I am proud of you for seeing that GOD is calling you into a new direction. I am also proud of you for thinking of the affects that this could have on your family. It is hard to take a stand against what you know and what is comfortable.

I also think you are a patient woman that does her best to follow the scriptures and keep a peaceful marriage. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!! I fall short in that area on occasion and am usually NOT too proud of it. There are many around me who say they practice submission but really they just agree that the bible addresses it. They are certainly NOT practicing it.

Lilyka you help me greatly everytime you come in with questions. It reminds me of how important it is to consider the entire family when doing something.

(((((HUGS))))) and hang in there.
#88 of 348 Old 10-30-2006, 12:57 PM

Update on our church search. We are going to be sticking with Covenant Church.

Please pray for us on two levels.............
One the IL's are still attending with us (for now). I like having my OWN friends so prayerfully they will not take this from me this time.

Two This one is more of a prayer/praise. DH has gotten plugged in with the Men's study and I am seeing a wonderful change in him.

This church is way more child friendly than the previous one was. They WANT the children in there for worship and if you feel they can handle the service they are encouraged to stay. (mine haven't quite made it yet)

DH told me that if I wanted to go to Wed evening services at the other church that I liked so well I could. **I went one Wed over the summer because I had my niece H and she was getting bored with just my children. Praise GOD we went because she accepted the LORD as her savior while we were there.**Now DH says it can be a regular routine stop since our church doesn't offer much on Wed for ladies with children. A sweet CD GD AP mother of nine works in there on Wed. Not much to worry about.

I love you ladies here and I am so glad I found you. I NEED the support and inspiration I get here.
#89 of 348 Old 10-30-2006, 02:11 PM

Hello again!

Argh, I just had a huge post that was lost! So briefly, thank you for the advice, prayers and support. Congratulations on your anniversary Angela! We had a 5 year anniversary in October as well .

I am praying for you AFISH, it sounds like your spiritual life is swimming along nicely. Lilyka, I pray for your family while you go through a significant time of spiritual growth.

For myself, I have been busy getting out of DH's way so that God can do his work in him. It is SO different for a proud woman like me to let go of my control in DH's life and try to shape him, and instead let him go to be free for God to shape as He wills. It is truly beautiful to behold - all Glory to God.

While I was actively encouraging DH towards Christ he would sometimes become defensive/offensive in reaction, perhaps not at the time, but a few days later there would be a backlash.

Since letting go, and letting God, in DH's life things have been very beautiful. I am seeing that one of the most powerful aspects of submission is getting my control out of DH's life, and letting his rightful head lead him.

I will post more about our progress, but it is very heartening. Praise the Lord!
#90 of 348 Old 10-30-2006, 03:30 PM

Praise GOD JenniferC that is wonderful. I am so proud of you. Praying that the Holy Spirit continues to work in your marriage. That is very encouraging.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page