Biblical Marriage with Wifely Submission #5 Winter 06 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 348 Old 11-04-2006, 02:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferC View Post
Oooh, AB, Birth prayers coming your way!

DH prayed the prayer this morning, then called to tell me! We have been in the city since the 31st (trailer too cold/too wet for the kidlets, we'll likely be here two weeks or so), and he's been callling me everyday to discuss the bible/christ with me, has been listening to some cds (CTM), reading the Bible etc. Called me this morning to ask me where a copy of 'the prayer' was, he'd been looking and couldn't find it, so I told him where to find it, and he called me back 20 minutes later!

Praise God! HE has changed our marriage all for the better through submission. I can't express my joy! Getting out of my DH's way has really opened the way for God to work His will in my DH's life. Hallelujah!
Oh how absolutely WONDERFUL!! Praise GOD for his wonderous blessings!!! I am so happy for you and your DH

AngelBee, hope all is going well. Prayers are being lifted for you and your upcoming birth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Hippo
How do you handle the submission issue when you feel very strongly that its time for another child, and your DH says no, absolutely not? i feel like God has another baby for me, but my Dh says he doesnt want another child, and that even if we did have one he would want to wait another couple years. I feel so rotten bringing it up so much, but i'm seriously hurting here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afishwithabike
Here is what I have done/do. If you feel that GOD is taking you in a direction that DH isn't ready for you pray that GOD will show your DH the decision he has made for your lives. You also need to pray that your heart is pliable and that you can hear GOD's still small voice. I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that GOD will make his will known to you AND your DH. Just remember that GOD really IS in control and he will have the final say. If he wants another baby to fill your lives it WILL happen. Sometimes statements like this are unpopular but I am glad that since we are ALL believers we can say some of the tough things and people may NOT be happy but will still recieve them with the love that is intended.
I have to totally agree with the wisdom AFWAB has said. I find that in ALL areas, if I believe the Lord has laid something on my heart that DH is not in agreement with that if I submit to DH and take it to HIM in prayer, I am more at peace about it. The Lord knows our hearts and our deisres. Keep praying mama. I will be praying for you, too.

Jenn<>< crunchy conservative mama to 6 fencing.gif reading.gif notes2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gif

knit.gifand sewmachine.gif my way through my stash.

#122 of 348 Old 11-04-2006, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree - those little crappy contractions that go on for ever can really do a lot. I had that with my last and once she decided to come it was bout 30 minutes. peice of cake. so since we haven't gotten a check in today . . . . .i am going to assume you are eiother in the throws of labor or basking in newborn goodness. continuing to pray

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#123 of 348 Old 11-04-2006, 03:49 PM

Still here...and pregnant!

She will be coming soon, so I am just going to enjoy my last hours.....days with her in my womb!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#124 of 348 Old 11-04-2006, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
Not so patiently waiting..............

How are the contractions now? Or do you have a bundle of joy yet!?

I know for me, once the "real" thing began, it was quick. I average about 4 hours, I had one that was 6 hours, one that was 3.5 hours, and one that was 75 minutes!

I'll keep you in my prayers.
"Real thing" hasn't started yet.....still training for the upcoming event

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#125 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 AM

I went through that with BOTH of mine too AngelBee. Hang in there honey. We LOVE you and are praying that you are getting enough rest as this child prepares to enter the world GOD has given us.
#126 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have been praying for a wonderful delivery for you Angela . I know with Rose I had contractions for a week before she was born, 5 hours active labour.
#127 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mamas..please pray for us today!!

Our feeding tube is supposed to go in today...lets pray the people get their acts together...

last week was an absolute nightmare...I couldnt get anyone to help us...lets pray today goes better!!
#128 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post

Our feeding tube is supposed to go in today...lets pray the people get their acts together...

last week was an absolute nightmare...I couldnt get anyone to help us...lets pray today goes better!!
Praying Mama. I KNOW it has to be stressful for you. Blessings be yours today.
#129 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:

I will be praying. I hope you don't mind, but I am curious about what type of feeding tube you are getting; NG-tube (through the nose) or a G-tube (through the stomach)? I know how stressful these things can be. I will keep you in my prayers.

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#130 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I will be praying. I hope you don't mind, but I am curious about what type of feeding tube you are getting; NG-tube (through the nose) or a G-tube (through the stomach)? I know how stressful these things can be. I will keep you in my prayers.

I dont mind anyone asking..

NG tube for now, b/c of his failure to thrive issues, and he has a condition called transient hypogammaglobulinemia of infancy...basically his immune system doesnt produce enough of one particular antibody that deals with food tolerance...so he has about 5 things he can eat, and one of those is Neocate Jr, his medical food. Its 30 calories an ounce, as opposed to regular baby formula which is 20 cals an ounce.

He never tolerated food or breastmilk or anything...he's had reflux his entire life(sometimes vomiting 20 x a day, every day) , but I could never fix it. Nothing in my arsenal of diet elimination or natural medicines worked.

When he hit 14 months, and was still puking, I had had it. I took him to the ped for the first time as a sick kid, and I said ENOUGH!!! I demanded zantac to give him relief temporarily, and we were off for testing.

A hospital visit, and umpteen tests later, we still dont know all that is going on.

He hasnt grown in ages. He did gain 6 oz rather quickly on the 30 cals an ounce regimen, but since then he's really slacked off eating.

He also has had zero head growth in the last several months....I would say he's only had a fraction of a centimeter of head growth in the last 7 or 8 months.

So now, even with the help of a nutritionist and Duocal(a highly absorbable pure calorie powder, which he practically lives off of), I still cant get near enough calories down him during the day. Its nearly impossible to get him to eat or drink some days, simply b/c of the antibody issues and reflux.

The Gtube is a possiblility in our future, right now we need to get calories in him...right now today! And this is something that he WILL grow out of, somewhere around school age.

But until then....we have to keep enough calories down him. Not just to grow, but to catch up.

So.........NG tube for now, and G tube maybe later.
#131 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 05:42 PM

Blessings to you honey. I know it must be hard knowing the poor dear can't get enough. Glad that the tube is a possibility for you. I really hope they can get him to where he needs to be. Also praying that he grows out of it quicker than expected. GOD is in the miracle working business. (((((HUGS)))))
#132 of 348 Old 11-06-2006, 05:59 PM

Oh my goodness.

but I am so glad that you are finding some stuff that can work. many prayers coming your way s

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#133 of 348 Old 11-07-2006, 12:34 AM

How is everybody? Lilyka how is the denominational transition going? I have been praying for your entire situation there. Is DH showing any kind of emotion surrounding that? I pray that his heart is made pliable and that GOD touches him.
#134 of 348 Old 11-07-2006, 12:59 AM

Bamamom, I totally understand. My daughter does not have such a limited selection of foods, but she does have a lot of intolerances that did cause her to throw up after every feeding. When all the DRs just wanted to put her on meds without even trying to find the cause (they just said it was due to her brain damage), I insisted the she be tested. The tests show a large variety of intolerances; and her formula at that time consisted largely of those.

Once we changed her diet, we were able to overcome the problem of keeping her food down, but then it changed to getting enough calories down. It has been a constant struggle that keeps us on our toes every time we make her formula. She went from severely underweight to only a little underweight now.

We have extensive experience with an NG-Tube. They are actually quite easy to put in (even my 8 year old can do it). We put my daughter's in for each feeding (long story; we don't have a g-tube) and remove it afterward.

I know that God will give you the strength to deal with what you have to deal with, He is a good God. I also know that He is a healing God and that His desire is to heal us.

There are so many promises from God regarding healing; and, top that off with the fact that God does not lie, will always keep His promises, is forever faithful, and that NOTHING is to hard for Him, I KNOW that He will heal today!

That is what we are waiting for for my daughter. We will hold on to His promises, and God WILL heal her, because He said He would...
Quote:
James 5:14-15 "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him."
One day, very soon, we will see God's touch on her life and she WILL be healed, and all that Satan tried to steal away from her will be restored.

I will be writing a book on our trials and our victories, and how we overcame the impossible with God! Gabbie has a great calling on her life, and I know that God is going to use her in a mighty way!

#135 of 348 Old 11-07-2006, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishwithabike View Post
How is everybody? Lilyka how is the denominational transition going? I have been praying for your entire situation there. Is DH showing any kind of emotion surrounding that? I pray that his heart is made pliable and that GOD touches him.

I haven't even really talked to him about it. I mentioned it once as in "So what would you think if i made a major switch in churches . . no like we wouldn't be protastant any more". he wasn't intrested. Said he didn't care. Like i had asked if he was ok with chicken instead of beef. So until I am ready to actually step up tp the plate I don't see a real need to talk to him again. Might as well save it. The whole thing feels like such a mess. I have my own issues with converting. I am not ready to pile his on. I feel so alone in the whole switch. I wish I had someone to walk me through all this, hold my hand and assure me that I am welcome etc not crazy, not condemning my chidlren to hell (cause i know I am going to get a lot of that). . . walking into a church where I don't know anyone, where I don't know what to do and where I actually don't really belong is very intimidating to me. I have some free time on wednesday - I think i am just going to call Father P up and see if we can get together to chat. hes a nice guy (even though he has made me cry) and I do feel comfortable with him already. I have known him for the last 12 years and he has watched me grow up and watched my chidlren grow up. I guess already having that relationship is a bonus. God brought that to my heart today and it was very comforting. And I love his wife. She has always been very dear to me. I don't suddenly need to be intimidated by someone who has for the last 12 years been a friend. but I hate change. but this is good change. Ok I am rambling. I did start talking to the children today. I showed them my Saint and told them the story about how awesome she was. they seemed receptive. they thought she was totally awesome. Baby steps I am a mess, this whole swithing gears thing is a mess. I am a Charasmatic Evangelical for goodness sakes. Priest, confessions, saints, Liturgy . .. its just not done . . . .and yet i need this more than anything. This is where I am supposed to be and everything just seems so clear now. Everything is coming into focus when looked at from this perspective. all the things I have been struggleing to reconcile got in line and made perfect sense. I just feel so out of place and like I am leaving everything I called home behind. its scary and perhaps the biggest leap of faith I have ever made. and it feels like there is no one there to meet me. I feel a lot more peace about the whole dh thing though. God called me here out of the blue. why not dh? this is the place where my disillusions and anger with church cleared up why not dh?

#136 of 348 Old 11-07-2006, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Bamamom, I totally understand. My daughter does not have such a limited selection of foods, but she does have a lot of intolerances that did cause her to throw up after every feeding. When all the DRs just wanted to put her on meds without even trying to find the cause (they just said it was due to her brain damage), I insisted the she be tested. The tests show a large variety of intolerances; and her formula at that time consisted largely of those.

Once we changed her diet, we were able to overcome the problem of keeping her food down, but then it changed to getting enough calories down. It has been a constant struggle that keeps us on our toes every time we make her formula. She went from severely underweight to only a little underweight now.

We have extensive experience with an NG-Tube. They are actually quite easy to put in (even my 8 year old can do it). We put my daughter's in for each feeding (long story; we don't have a g-tube) and remove it afterward.
Does she resist the tubing?? I have heard that even in brain damaged little ones, they can struggle fiercely.

I am planning on just leaving the tube in....we'll tape i really well, and just leave it.

I would love to hear your story about why you chose no Gtube...do you have messenger?? I have yahoo and MSN..

Do you check for placement with a stethoscope after placing the NG tube each time??

Hijack over...return to your normal discussion!
#137 of 348 Old 11-07-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
This is where I am supposed to be and everything just seems so clear now. Everything is coming into focus when looked at from this perspective. all the things I have been struggleing to reconcile got in line and made perfect sense. I just feel so out of place and like I am leaving everything I called home behind. its scary and perhaps the biggest leap of faith I have ever made. and it feels like there is no one there to meet me. I feel a lot more peace about the whole dh thing though. God called me here out of the blue. why not dh? this is the place where my disillusions and anger with church cleared up why not dh?
Lilyka. I understand what you are saying here. I know that sometimes things are gradual. Sounds like this will be one of them. You are NEVER alone though dear. You have the ladies here and GOD is holding your hand through this. The meeting on Wed DOES sounds like a really good idea. I hope and pray that you can get it arranged and that it opens up some doors for you. Blessings dear
#138 of 348 Old 11-08-2006, 01:12 AM

My turn! I'm hijacking for just a second (OK a minute or two)
Quote:
Does she resist the tubing?? I have heard that even in brain damaged little ones, they can struggle fiercely.
No Gabbie does not resist at all. But she has very severe damage and has little response to anything.
Quote:
I am planning on just leaving the tube in....we'll tape i really well, and just leave it.
For a while we did this with her, but thanks to my DH, she has sensitivities to tape and after a while it began to really break her skin out. We tried just about everything, but the only solution we found was to not tape it. So we made the decision to remove it at the end of each feeding. It has actually been very easy (much easier than I though) and I believe it has been better for her, too.
Quote:
Do you check for placement with a stethoscope after placing the NG tube each time??
At first we did, but then we found it just as easy to check another way. There are two ways that we do check every time it is inserted; one, we try and draw out stomach fluids (if you are in the lungs, it will not draw anything out, but if your in the stomach and there is something there, it will), or two, if we can not draw anything out, we put one hand right on her stomach and then quickly push about 5ccs of air in. If it is in the stomach, you will feel the bubbles with your hand, if not we recheck and maybe even reload the tube.
We have been doing this for three years now, and only on two occasions have we suspected that it went into her lungs, so when we could not verify it was in the stomach, we just took it out and did it again.

I can load the tube in my sleep with one hand! (Seriously, though, I can; and many times I have to if my son is sleeping on my other arm)
Quote:
I would love to hear your story about why you chose no Gtube...do you have messenger?? I have yahoo and MSN..
Sadly, I have no messenger. My computer is in need of repairs, and there are many things that is not currently compatible with it (they load on but do not run) .

But here is a quick summary. She had her accident in June, 2003 and was put on a feeding tube at that time. When she had her accident we had just moved into a new state, so we did not even have a dr yet for her. When the hospital assigned a dr (which was necessary to release her) we had compatibility issues (he said that we should allow him to "help" God by doing things his way; meaning put her on tons of drugs, and put in a trachea which we did not want).
When we finally did go to a different dr (which was after 6 months of looking for one that would accept such a complicated case) it took months for them to actually get us in with a specialist to talk about a g-tube. However, after several consultations and several more months had gone by, we were told that she had to have a trachea (not because she needed one, but because she "would" need one one day and we should get it done sooner rather than later) and an esophagus/stomach surgery (I forgot what it was called, but to keep her from refluxing) BEFORE they would consider the g-tube. When we refused to allow "preventative" surgery (neither were necessary for now, but for future problems) we were just not scheduled in again. So after about 18 months of working on it we decided it was not meant to be.

Now, the reason that we did not go looking for other doctors to do anything different is because she is not going to be in this condition for very long. We are waiting for God's healing touch, and we refuse to do any "permanent" surgical procedures to her. And since we are so "non-compliant" the drs just leave us alone, and we leave them alone. The ONLY thing that the drs can do "to" her are for OUR convenience (that is what they said), it is really of no benefit to her one way or another.

So we have decided to just let God do His thing. Thus, we are waiting. And I know it won't be long now. For God is a good God and He is a faithful God, full of mercy and grace. And He said if you pray over the sick they will recover. We are holding Him to His word! And I know He will not fail me, as He has never failed anyone that trusted in Him.

So we wait.........

#139 of 348 Old 11-08-2006, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

Hijack is officially over!!

Lilyka...I totally respect your journey you're on. I'm sorry your dh isnt being more supportive...

I would caution you gently to make sure you dont get hung in the Man between you and God.

I do know many people who subscribe to religions that advocate confession, priests, etc....and they truly believe that they need that "Man" to go to God..and that simply isnt true.

Always remember that God is God forever...and he is in you, and with you, and you dont need a Man to get to him.
#140 of 348 Old 11-08-2006, 02:19 PM

its funny you bring up confession. It was the very first thing that appealed to me. not because I feel like I need a man to fogive my sins but because the thought of spilling it all and then having someone look me in the eye and say "God still loves you. of course you are forgiven" and to know that really, he has heard much much worse is just so, I don't know, real and concrete in a way I need. also having someone to help sort out the consequences and responsibilities of sin and help me identify things I may be overlooking or justifying and help me dig deeper. I have always felt that repentance was so much more thatn saying "oops, i guess I just blew it again" and it is appealing that I will held accountable by someone to carry out my repentance completely (confessing it, turning from it, dealing with the fall out from it, and not returning to it) But at the same time I know my confession (for the sakle of forgiveness) is to God alone and that he is the only one I am accountable to in light of my salvation.

and it sounds so weird to hear these words coming from me . . . . 18 months ago I would have been all indignant at the thought that I needed to confess to someone besides God. That there would be any benifit to it. That it wasn't in fact a sin in and of itself. but this is getting this thread off course . . .

as for Dh I brought it up again last night. things are getting crazy at our church. Someone got arrested for sol;iciting a prostitute and in a weird way he is assocated quite heavily with out church. But it was a comment he made that sent me ina spin searching for something meatier. he said "we don't talk about sin much. people aren't comfortable with that. we just talk about God's love" but god is aboput so much more than love. oh it is such a mes sin my head right now. its all so hard to explain. but in general I was sick of the attitude in general in the evangelical church that sin was okie dokie because its all about grace and salvation doesn't cost us anything blah blah blah. and his statement summed up the attitude perfectly which sent me into a spiritual tizzy because we have been called to do more than believe, we have been called to active faith and following him etc but I need to stop before someone hates me.

anyway . . . when my husband told me about this guys arrest and mentioned ever so casualy "yeah I think your church is tangled up in him aren't they" it was the perfect lead in to "well what would you think if the girls and I went to an Orthadox church?" He was very quiet for a long time. said he didn't know much, I said I had been reading a lot and the core doctrine really lines up with what i believe is true and he said he couldn't argue for or against it.

ETA - he did do some reading today. he asid it si not a place he ses himself. i can't get a read on him. He says i will just do whatever i want anyway and resent him if he doesn't give me my way I asked him if he would rather I not involve the children. he didn't give me an answer.

#141 of 348 Old 11-09-2006, 04:52 AM

: bamamom

to all of you

Still preggo

#142 of 348 Old 11-09-2006, 03:26 PM

agghhh! when i saw yu had posted i was hoping for pics. How are you feeling? Still praying for you.

#143 of 348 Old 11-09-2006, 06:34 PM

Lilyka. I am still believing that you will recieve your answer soon. I think now is the best time to Let GOD do his work through the Spirit. I would NO longer bring it up. I would allow the Spirit control and you praying until you can't pray anymore then keep praying. Not only praying for HIM but also that you can accept whatever decision is made. I studied a LOT on my own away from DH before we came to our new church. I too was sick of what I like to call the "Give Jesus a hug messages". All show and NO go. I sympathize for you right now. I waited for a LONG time before Dh allowed us to find another home of worship. Now that we have found one that WE picked I can see BOTH our lives being blessed by it.

Hang in there Honey. It will get better. God is good about that. (((((HUGS)))))
#144 of 348 Old 11-09-2006, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
: bamamom

to all of you

Still preggo
AngelBee you're in my thoughts and prayers daily. L and I have been praying as she puts it "bring new baby safe". She's ONLY 2 1/2 so I take what I can get. If you need anything let me know. (((((HUGS)))))
#145 of 348 Old 11-09-2006, 06:37 PM

bamamom How is everything? I hope things are well with your family. Just know you are loved.
#146 of 348 Old 11-09-2006, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishwithabike View Post
bamamom How is everything? I hope things are well with your family. Just know you are loved.
Things are GREAT.
He totally ignores the tube, and just plays or whatever.

He is upstairs asleep, being fed nice warm medical food (and donated breastmilk!) through his little tube....

It feels very right in my mama heart.

Thanks for all the prayers...he has truly been stress free and trauma free about the whole thing...
#147 of 348 Old 11-10-2006, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
DH had a great analogy the other day about submissive relationships, he told me yesterday:

A marriage is like a table - the man is the table top and the woman is the legs of the table, they are both important but in different positions. Without the table legs, the table top is just laying on the ground, but without a table top the legs just fall over onto the ground as well. Without noth filling their propre roles you don't have a functional table .

As I was meditating upon it I thought - the table also holds up the weight or the burden is put, and it is also where we offer up our thanks to God. And if any of the table legs give way the tabke tips and the burdens fall onto the floor and make a big mess!

Hope that makes some sense! I found it to be useful!
#148 of 348 Old 11-10-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:
DH had a great analogy the other day about submissive relationships, he told me yesterday:

A marriage is like a table - the man is the table top and the woman is the legs of the table, they are both important but in different positions. Without the table legs, the table top is just laying on the ground, but without a table top the legs just fall over onto the ground as well. Without noth filling their propre roles you don't have a functional table .

As I was meditating upon it I thought - the table also holds up the weight or the burden is put, and it is also where we offer up our thanks to God. And if any of the table legs give way the tabke tips and the burdens fall onto the floor and make a big mess!

Wow, thats both incredibly profound and incredibly succinct! I hope you dont mind but I am cutting and pasting to put in my next MOPS newsletter, if thats ok...We're studying relationships and have been talking a lot about the husband/wife relationship.
#149 of 348 Old 11-10-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:

Really beautiful!

Still pregnant!

#150 of 348 Old 11-11-2006, 01:46 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page