Biblical Marriage with Wifely Submission #5 Winter 06 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 348 Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are a group of mamas who support each other in Biblical Marriage principles, and believe that wifely submission is part of God's plan for marriage.

Here are links to the old threads..

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=353207

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=384473

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=453169

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=495219
#2 of 348 Old 10-11-2006, 11:52 PM

Subbing!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#3 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#4 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 01:09 AM

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#5 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 03:13 AM

winter already? fall just started 3 weeks ago
#6 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 01:57 PM

Subscribing! Love to all you ladies! Please keep me in your prayers....I'm undergoing some testing for my thyroid. And please pray for Maggie, too....I'm at the end of my rope with her condition, and no closer to finding out if it's asthma, just allergies, a combination, or something totally different, and potentially more scary.

All I know is that she has had this horrendous cough for nearly a year now, and nothing seems to be helping. Last night she vomited twice from coughing so hard, and that was AFTER a breathing treatment. Her voice always sounds hoarse, and it is so hard to hear my sweet little 2 year-old girlie sounding like she has a pack-a-day habit!

Thankfully, her lungs sound clear right now. But that raises it's own set of mysteries and unanswered questions. I'm just so discouraged, and afraid that if we don't get some answers soon, there will be life-long damage.

The worst part is that dh seems oblivious. He doesn't seem to think it as big a deal as I think. He seems to think it's just a cough, a little cold (that's lasted for nearly a year???!) and I'm over reacting. I know he has stuff on his plate to deal with, but these are decisions that I can't make by myself, and he just keeps brushing it off. I keep wracking my brain for ways to appeal to him, and coming up short.

Coming up short. That's another issue....our medical ins. deductible is so high that any further testing is gonna really pinch us. I've already cancelled all but the basic blood test for myself, due to cost. I need to figure out what's going on with me, but I feel that her issue is more urgent. But oh, how it hurts to see those dollar signs and know that we simply can't afford the testing for her--and even if we could afford it, just the diagnostic stuff isn't going to help, so any sort of treatment would cost even more.

Last night I "slept" in the guest room, close to her, so I could monitor her coughing better, and so I'd know if she vomited again. She coughed her poor little heart out most the night, and ended each fit by just whimpering painfully for me to hold her.

It is seriously hurting my heart, and all I can do is pray that God will heal her, and lead us to the answer, and guide us to make wise decisions.

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#7 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Sarah

We are dealing with it too. Our ds is having horrible immune issues and feeding problems..

our medical food for him is 700 to 800 a month. Its awful. And we have to pay out of pocket while we wait for the insurance to decide whether or not to cover it.
#8 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
winter already? fall just started 3 weeks ago
Feels like winter here....it is snowing!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#9 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 04:34 PM

we have snow here too.

have any of you read Jesus of Suburbia. it makes me feel; like we are a bunch of revelutionary subversives. What die to ourselves?!! what server other? love those who persecute you?!! Submit wilingly even if it means loosing something. heaven forbid!!

My pastor preached an excellent sermon on what it means to be meek. power under control. Someone strong submitting to the athourity of someone else. Strength reigned in and focused. Only two people were described as meek. Moses and Jesus. both extremely powerful men who took on tyrants and nations and did it all without ever steping outside of the will of the athourity figure they willingly bowed to. Something to think about.

when i think about how much strength and force submission takes I don't understand how anyone can see it as being a door mat. it is about functioning powerfully in the place God has ordained for you. When a wife submits she is in a position of power. Its crazy to think about and all mixed up and backwards by way of the worldsd thinking but thats just how Jesus did everything. He turned everything upside down.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#10 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 05:24 PM

Checking in everybody.
#11 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

we made the wikipedia...:

check this out..

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=538083

and the second link is a summary of stuff on wikipedia...how did this get in there??

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...2&postcount=23
#12 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 06:49 PM

Seems that there were some disgruntled members. People are allowed to edit the definitions. Have you even looked up the stuff on Jesus or God?
#13 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 10:05 PM

Help me. Please check out my thread here

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=538208

I want Godly advice from you all on this one.
#14 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

I'm assuming you want it up?/

I really like it down, but its just not practical with little ones i understand..

have you thought about using two clips like i use, parting it down the middle all the way back, and then doing 2 buns? farther back on your head so you dont look like princess lea..

My hair is getting really long, and if I dont get it cut soon, I will have to start doing that, because it is so long its choking my clips! It doesnt slide out, but its getting so that it doesnt close much at all now...
#15 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 10:49 PM

Hi all..thanks for starting a new thread!

Dh is almost finished with the police academy - he's had this going since August of 2005, between hiring process and now the Academy. This is his life's dream, so I am so happy for him. As far as finances go, its been tough and will get tougher before the traiuning period officially ends in May. But we're hanging by the skin of our teeth, thank the Lord!
i was fortuante enough to go on my church's Autumn Women's Retreat in the CO mountains last weekend, with my best friend on earth, Leslie. We spent a weekend with some lovely women, had a great speaker on Living with the Joy of Christ, ate too much great food, and even had a theological discussion with some great ladies in the hot tub. Fun, and so rewarding. LEslie and I had some great talks and great prayer time together and we went home feeling very renewed in both our faith and our friendship. I was given a church scholarship for the retreat due to our finances, and that was a HUGE blessing.

I need some prayers, if there are any prayer warriors among us..

This is a little off-topic, but my sister is expecting a baby girl in february. She just had a perinatal Ultrasound and they found the baby has a kidney condition, some degree of congenital heart defect and also her AFP test came back borderline for Down's Syndrome. She's only 22, and this is already her 3rd baby, and this was an unplanned pregnancy (her 2nd child was less than a year old when she got pg). She's not a believer, and she's having a very hard time. Her husband is a sheriff's deputy and works all the time. She needs lots of prayers.

2. I am feeling the 'empty womb' thing very strongly, but Dh is not ready to try for #2. He has said that he would be perfectly happy only having DS, but we agreed on one more baby (i wanted a bunch). Every woman around me seems to be getting pregnant, and its getting very hard not to feel jealousy and resentment. I am doing my best to not bug my Dh about having another baby before he's ready ( he said maybe next year sometime), but i'm really feeling like its time. I am on the Pill , and i'm having side effects that make me nauseous and dizzy a lot. My birth control options ar very limted (alergic to spermicide and latex, cant use IUD or Depo), so its either stay on the pill or nothing, basically. DH wont trust NFP (thats what sis was using when she got pg with #3). I need prayers to let my selfish desires go and to follow my husband's wishes. My Dh is also not a believer, so that makes it even harder.

Thanks a lot for your prayers, ladies.

Lisa
#16 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 10:58 PM

MamaHippo hugs and prayers. I hope GOD uses you to reach your sister. Remind her that there are NO mistakes in this world and this child is a precious gift. As far as the "empty womb" If GOD wants it to happen it undeniably will. He has a way of getting through to these Men of ours in ways we can't. Blessings and prayers are yours tonight.
#17 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 11:17 PM

Subbing
Bible believing Mammas!! YAY!
#18 of 348 Old 10-12-2006, 11:32 PM

Hello Liz217.
#19 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 12:07 AM

lilkya, Tell me more about the Jesus of Suburbia book.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#20 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 02:03 AM

I am only on chapter four but so far it is amazing. it really focuses on who jesus was, what he came into when he hit the planet (a breief history of Herod and Augustus) and what it means to cnt the cost of following him. he blasts the church, he blasts people who say Jesus was all about love and forgiveness and other happy things. he really focused on counting the cost and what Christ and paul and the rest of the Bible has to say about the cost of being a true follower. It really hits home with a lot of what I have been wresteling with concerning grace and salvation and what does it mean to confess Jesus as Lord and are we as saved as we think we are . . .(you can read more in my blog about my rambling brain on this . . .pm me and I will give you the address if you want to read ).

So far it is kicking my butt. I like it. I thought it might be kinda namby pamby Jesus hearts and flowers stuff but it is tough stuff. You have to be a total package kind of follower. intresting.

#21 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom View Post
we made the wikipedia...:

check this out..

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=538083

and the second link is a summary of stuff on wikipedia...how did this get in there??

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...2&postcount=23
What does that mean?

I went to wikipedia and have no clue how to find it. Someone pm me please.

#22 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Angel, apparently since its Wikipedia, and any old joe can alter/edit it, some folks think its funny to go in and twist the def of MDC around.

Its inaccurate, but the worst part is someone here has a specific axe to grind with "us" as a group apparently. Mentioning Biblical Marriage/Wife Submission and likening us to the Pearls on a public internet encyclopedia..well, that just aint right.
#23 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 AM

those links don't work for me

eta: Ah they have been pulled. I can't find the entry either. I am suprised so many people quote wikipedia as a reliabl;e source. its just a bunch of peoplerunning thier pouthaboput stuff they may or may niot know about.

and for the record we are being talked about by name all over the internet. if any of you ue your real name you might want to reconsider that. There are also some unsavory things being said about MDC and other members all over the place. Seeing it has really made me cut back on my time here. I see these people starting other boards and dedicating blogs to whine about this one and members here and think - good heavens these people need to gert out in the real world more. then I consider how much time I have spent here and the fact that I am reading thier stuff and realize - good heavens I need to get out in the real world a bit more.

#24 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 PM

I hate to "bash" things here. I wish the other thread was still there so you could see what I wrote. I WILL say this. If it weren't for Mothering mag and MDC I would be vaxing, I wound't be GD/GBD (because I didn't know about it until here). I would have NEVER found GCM. I wouldn't be no-pooing and likely not CDing because all that I knew of were the nasty gerber flats that my sister bought me because SHE didn't know where else to buy them either. AND I wouldn't have started my own WAHM business. You ladies here are a wonderful source of support when I am feeling tired and whiny. I love you ALL and I LOVE MDC.
#25 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 03:18 PM

Wow, hi everyone! it sounds like y'all are also proverbs 22 women
#26 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post
those links don't work for me

eta: Ah they have been pulled. I can't find the entry either. I am suprised so many people quote wikipedia as a reliabl;e source. its just a bunch of peoplerunning thier pouthaboput stuff they may or may niot know about.

and for the record we are being talked about by name all over the internet. if any of you ue your real name you might want to reconsider that. There are also some unsavory things being said about MDC and other members all over the place. Seeing it has really made me cut back on my time here. I see these people starting other boards and dedicating blogs to whine about this one and members here and think - good heavens these people need to gert out in the real world more. then I consider how much time I have spent here and the fact that I am reading thier stuff and realize - good heavens I need to get out in the real world a bit more.
I am internet dumb I did not know we are being talked about. I say "Rock on!"

to anyone who is looking for good dirt

#27 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 09:51 PM

I know that this is not my thread, or tribe...I wanted to tell you all that I am sorry that you are being dragged into the Wiki mud...

V.
#28 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
Subscribing! Love to all you ladies! Please keep me in your prayers....I'm undergoing some testing for my thyroid. And please pray for Maggie, too....I'm at the end of my rope with her condition, and no closer to finding out if it's asthma, just allergies, a combination, or something totally different, and potentially more scary.

All I know is that she has had this horrendous cough for nearly a year now, and nothing seems to be helping. Last night she vomited twice from coughing so hard, and that was AFTER a breathing treatment. Her voice always sounds hoarse, and it is so hard to hear my sweet little 2 year-old girlie sounding like she has a pack-a-day habit!

Thankfully, her lungs sound clear right now. But that raises it's own set of mysteries and unanswered questions. I'm just so discouraged, and afraid that if we don't get some answers soon, there will be life-long damage.

The worst part is that dh seems oblivious. He doesn't seem to think it as big a deal as I think. He seems to think it's just a cough, a little cold (that's lasted for nearly a year???!) and I'm over reacting. I know he has stuff on his plate to deal with, but these are decisions that I can't make by myself, and he just keeps brushing it off. I keep wracking my brain for ways to appeal to him, and coming up short.

Coming up short. That's another issue....our medical ins. deductible is so high that any further testing is gonna really pinch us. I've already cancelled all but the basic blood test for myself, due to cost. I need to figure out what's going on with me, but I feel that her issue is more urgent. But oh, how it hurts to see those dollar signs and know that we simply can't afford the testing for her--and even if we could afford it, just the diagnostic stuff isn't going to help, so any sort of treatment would cost even more.

Last night I "slept" in the guest room, close to her, so I could monitor her coughing better, and so I'd know if she vomited again. She coughed her poor little heart out most the night, and ended each fit by just whimpering painfully for me to hold her.

It is seriously hurting my heart, and all I can do is pray that God will heal her, and lead us to the answer, and guide us to make wise decisions.
I thought I'd come to this thread to simply see "how others thought" as this isn't my way of thinking.
~That said, what came to mind about your daughter was that your house may be what's causing her to be sick. Maybe mold?
~A suggestion would be to take her to someone else's house for like 3 hours and see if she breathes better. This may be a simple way to check this.
~I realize my ways may not make sense...I simply wanted to pass it along.
You're welcome to pray about this specific thought, see if it's right for you, and go accordingly...

Blessings to you...
#29 of 348 Old 10-13-2006, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
MamaHippo - I know they make non-latex condoms, could you use those? They are supposed to be pretty effective, but not as effective as rubber (though your dh doesn't have to know that). If the pill is making you sick you need to get off of it, it's just not good for your health.

Happily married to my dh, mama to ds1 (01/2005), ds2 (07/2007)  and dd (07/2009).
#30 of 348 Old 10-14-2006, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Hi Tishia,

What part of Proverbs 22 are you referring to?

Thanks for the verses Lilyka, I've been reading, praying and meditating on them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page