Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A new month. Start chatting.

Peace,
Liz
#2 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know I say this at the start of every thread, but I cannot believe it is already November! Time is flying by this year!

Hope everyone had a blessed Samhain!
#3 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 09:25 AM

Happy Belated Samhain to all those who celebrate it! Still catching up on last month's thread....
#4 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

I'm getting ready for the holidays already (see my sig). I'm excited.
#5 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 11:59 AM

Our woods are whistling...really...more later!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#6 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 12:35 PM

Sounds cool Salvia. Subbing.
#7 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 02:00 PM

Subbing

Valérie   
#8 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 02:04 PM

alright, dang it. new year, new self, new awarenes. i will be a "better" pagan this season. we had a most blessed night last night. hope you all did too!
#9 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Is it okay for a very interested but non-pagan to subscribe to this thread? I promise to be very quiet and learn everything that I can from your discussions.
#10 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 03:07 PM

Yay november! My b-day is the 20th, and Turkey Day is always fun...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#11 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My night was not the best last night. Traffic was an absolute nightmare and last minute issues made us miss our tirck or treating get together with friends, and I never got around to making that nice dinner I planned to. Instead dh and I left dd with dh's uncle for 45 minutes while we went to Capers and ate soup and bought groceries. Not very Samhain-ey but nice anyway.
I think I am a bit ritualed out from the weekend, but tonight is my coven's celebration. I know it will be good but I am just not really looking forward to it. I am not in the mood anymore.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#12 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Is it okay for a very interested but non-pagan to subscribe to this thread?
Cajunmomma ~ Yep! And you don't even have to be quiet If you have questions I know someone around here will be more than willing to help out with answers!

Ahhhhhhhhh!! I am sooo glad that October is ~OVER~!! : As you may (or may not) remember I make costumes for a living. Time to slow things down for this mama I actually got done with my work last night before dinner so I got to spend the entire evening playing some World of Warcraft with my sweetheart and just relaxing! It was so nice to not be sitting in front of the sewing machine until 11pm for a change.

We actually had our Halloween celebration on the 27th ~ potluck dinner with friends and their kids, made popcorn balls loaded down with candies and caramel- and chocolate-covered apples! After the food the kids played in their room and the adults had a great game of Texas Hold-em.

Here's to a wonderful November!
#13 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maeveypoo View Post
Ahhhhhhhhh!! I am sooo glad that October is ~OVER~!! : As you may (or may not) remember I make costumes for a living.
I didn't know that! Do you sell online?

#14 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post
My night was not the best last night. Traffic was an absolute nightmare and last minute issues made us miss our tirck or treating get together with friends, and I never got around to making that nice dinner I planned to. Instead dh and I left dd with dh's uncle for 45 minutes while we went to Capers and ate soup and bought groceries. Not very Samhain-ey but nice anyway.
I think I am a bit ritualed out from the weekend, but tonight is my coven's celebration. I know it will be good but I am just not really looking forward to it. I am not in the mood anymore.
: I understand that rush and hectic feeling that can really take us in unexpected ways. I hope that tonight's celebration will be refreshing for you!

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#15 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Yay november! My b-day is the 20th, and Turkey Day is always fun...
Happy upcoming bday to you! My Dh and Dd's birthdays are both this month too. It's a crazy few days around Turkey day for us. Dd will be 13!

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#16 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 04:47 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Subbing :
#17 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 06:24 PM

Salvia ~ yep, I do sell online, here's the link

Speaking of birthdays, our oldest will be 9 on the 13th. He's so excited, he's been checking the calendar for weeks!
#18 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 07:00 PM

I join in as I am in an "astrology phase" right now (I do that several times a year, study it diligently for a few days, then put the books down and give it time to absorb for awhile) and thought that others might be interested in discussing all the Scorpiosity going on right now. Or anything else, really.

Happy New Year!
#19 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 07:27 PM

Hi, mamas!! Happy November!

All last week and this week my class has been doing Dia de los Muertos in Spanish class. We made a beautiful class altar that focused on our personal connections with death, whether through a loved one (human or animal) that had passed or through our own fears or thoughts about death. As children always do, they totally surprised me with their inventiveness, their candor, and their creativity. We have painted, glittering skulls; grandma-made lace; grape-vine wreaths with marigolds; mini-gardens; pictures; knick-knacks; candles; and even a jar of a great-grandfather's favorite candy. Tomorrow we're finishing off the unit with a picnic lunch in the cemetery downtown. This Samhaim has been my very favorite yet!! And what I learned in preparation for the unit totally inspired our Halloween costumes...

Hope all you mamas are enjoying the blessings of this season: cool breezes; crisp, dry night air; sweaters; warm, mulled drinks; early morning light; and wistful feelings!
#20 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 07:28 PM

I'm so excited about the beginning of November...I'm not even sure why! I just love the winter so much, and I guess November always reminds me of the snow to come.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#21 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm really not feeling well anymore. It seems that my health is going downhill. I've made another doc appt for Monday. I think I'm going to have to ask for the CA-125 test (cancer). I'm so scared. I feel weak, shaky and fatigued all the time. I get lightheaded.

I had a rough day because of it. I felt so bad because it was such a nice day (probably the last mild day until late spring) and I was too weak/nervous to take ds to the park alone.
Just want some comfort.
#22 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklefairy View Post
I join in as I am in an "astrology phase" right now (I do that several times a year, study it diligently for a few days, then put the books down and give it time to absorb for awhile) and thought that others might be interested in discussing all the Scorpiosity going on right now. Or anything else, really.

Happy New Year!
Did you get the Oct issue of Mountain Astrologer? They covered Scorpio extensively
#23 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 08:04 PM

Happy late samhain! Last night we lit 24 candles on our apartment balcony. For the spirits, but in my soul they were all for Lasius.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#24 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 08:36 PM

i'm sick and hung-over from candy oh well, i need binge-y days to remind me why i don't eat like that very often

goodness, ode, now i'm scared for you, too. please know that you are in my thoughts and i hope your test goes well for you. keep us posted, please!

Maiasaura WinterHeart

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#25 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Ambrose-
#26 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 08:50 PM

Hello! I think I might actually belong here now. I'm working on it, at any rate. I just found out that I'm a Chaos Mage, and I'm still tingly with the revalation.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#27 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 08:53 PM

Sorry you are not well, Ode.

We had a lovely Samhain, our Grove ritual Saturday was good.. we are still working up group energy, so the ritual was "patchy" but it takes work and focus and we are getting there. There were some very powerful moments and some moments when we lost focus. I got to invoke The Morrigan, which was awesome.

Then last night we had a private ancestor supper at home, took out all the family photos and told ds stories about all his relatives.

I also spent some private time in the forest, skrying and making offerings.
Everything tells me this is going to be a very very intense year. Lots of opportunities, but lots of challenges to step up to as well. I think it will be a make it or break it year on a lot of levels. The energy this Samhain was just unusually intense, at least in my life.

Some friendships died, some readjusted, some people have drawn closer.. I can feel things changing day by day.

Oh, plus I got a new tattoo.
#28 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 08:56 PM

Maeve, Holy moly those costumes are beautiful! What a gift you have. That's amazing. Thank you for sharing the link.

Ode, I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Is cancer a concern for any particular reason or ? I understand chronic illness. I hope you can find some answers and are feeling better asap.

#29 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherah View Post

I also spent some private time in the forest, skrying and making offerings.
Everything tells me this is going to be a very very intense year. Lots of opportunities, but lots of challenges to step up to as well. I think it will be a make it or break it year on a lot of levels. The energy this Samhain was just unusually intense, at least in my life.

Some friendships died, some readjusted, some people have drawn closer.. I can feel things changing day by day.

I could have written this myself! Working with the runes lastnight often had me coming up with those that indicated growth and changes but not over a smooth path. The kids had some interesting draws as well.

The friendships thing is an current issue of mine. The changes in them are natural and unavoidable, but not easy eh?

#30 of 480 Old 11-01-2006, 09:42 PM

HoneyTree~ so nice to see you here! Your costumes were great!

Ambros & OdeToJoy~

eilonwy~ I've been following your Chaos Mage discovery on another thread. I can feel your excitment from over here! Good for you!

Asherah~ Personally, I've been in a intense spiritual phase for a few years, but it really went up a notch or two starting three weeks ago.

Are you going to tell us about your new tattoo or just tease us?

Sparklefairy~I know very little about astrology even though I am interested. What ever I read seems to go right over my head. :
Talk to us about Scorpiosity!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page