Ever met an angel? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
SO normally I don't recount this experience because it is so painful. But I think I can look at it now from a frame of gratitude and, yes, a visit from an angel even tho at the time I'd never believe it.

The days after DD was born we were both in critical condition. Emergency c b/c she lost 60% of her blood supply when my fibroids (the largest a SOCCER ball) interfered with her blood supply at 37 wks. She was in the NICU rec'ing mutiple transfusions. I hadn't even met her yet except to hear her beautiful, fragile cry in the operating room and give her a quick kiss before she was whisked away.

To say I was frightened was an understatement. I was rushed to ICU because of uncontrollable hemorraging and BP of 220/130 even though I had never had HBP throughout pregnancy. I was seizing intermitently - delerium followed by fear followed by more delerium.

Anyway, this went on for a couple days. I was pumped full of drugs and kept asking, pleading to see my daughter. She was too fragile to be brought to me - and I thought she would die without me ever holding her. They told me I was in no shape to get out of bed and that I'd have to wait until I was stronger. One nurse tried to get me up but the pain was so bad I would pass out and/or have to stop. She took my catheter out and told me it would 'compel' me to get up. Not really a nice lady, if you get my picture.

So, one night, in the dead middle of the night, a nurse I'd never seen before came to visit me. She was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to. She told me she was going to show me how to get up without pain because my daughter needed me. She very carefully guided me through the steps of getting myself out of bed - verbally - I realize now she never touched me!

It was like she knew where my pain was. I lied on a specific spot on my side, propped with my elbow, used my knees and hands and managed to get up with minimal (relative) pain.

That morning I sat up in bed using the same technique. It took about 5 mins, but DH and the nurses were amazed.

I told them the night-nurse taught me, but my description didn't match the nurse on duty. It didn't match any nurse on the floor!

They tried to get me to lie back down, but I walked - used the toilet - and then got into a wheelchair. DH wheeled me to the NICU verrrry slowly to avoid painful bumps - and I held DD in my arms and nursed her. The great part? To see her heartbeat and BP on the monitor slow and even out as she snuggled into me!

From that point on, we were both steadily better...

So... thank you. Thank you my night-nurse angel, my grandma, whoever or whatever you are. You saved us.
What a great story. Thank you for sharing it.

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)
#32 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh darwinphish that reminds me of something!

my dd birth was long and arduous. not life threatening but full of emotional toil.

when it was said and done and they were transferring me to the post partum floor the nurse that came to get me was Ruby - my grandmother's name.

Nurse Ruby handed me off to a nurse named Carol - my aunt, and my grandmother Ruby's daughter's name.

Nurse Carol handed me off to a nurse named Catherine - my aunt Carol's daughter's name.

So it was an angelic/surreal experience....that I would be in the hands of three women, in sequential order, with the same names as important women in my family. Odd.
#33 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 10:04 AM

I too "saw" dd in a dream before she was born, and she told me what to name her. She was a little girl about three, dressed in a tutu. She was jumping around and said to me, "I'm Olivia and I'm your little girl." I woke up dh and said "How about Olivia?" He said,"Yes, that's it!"
i semi-disregarded the dream because I was so sure that she was a he!
#34 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 10:14 AM

Quote:
oh darwinphish that reminds me of something!

my dd birth was long and arduous. not life threatening but full of emotional toil.

when it was said and done and they were transferring me to the post partum floor the nurse that came to get me was Ruby - my grandmother's name.

Nurse Ruby handed me off to a nurse named Carol - my aunt, and my grandmother Ruby's daughter's name.

Nurse Carol handed me off to a nurse named Catherine - my aunt Carol's daughter's name.

So it was an angelic/surreal experience....that I would be in the hands of three women, in sequential order, with the same names as important women in my family. Odd.
Oh that is AWSOME!! Someone up there was trying to show you that you guys are protected and being watched over
#35 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2crazykids View Post

All of my ssil's family are eternally grateful that she had someone there to comfort her considering all her family members were thousands of miles away. After hearing that story, I will never doubt the strength and the benevolence of "angels".
This story gives me chills. The kind of chills I get when God is telling me to pay attention. What comfort this gives me. I know of four people who have taken their own lives and it gives me so much hope to think that there might have been angels for them too. God is so merciful
#36 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmama View Post
This story gives me chills. The kind of chills I get when God is telling me to pay attention. What comfort this gives me. I know of four people who have taken their own lives and it gives me so much hope to think that there might have been angels for them too. God is so merciful
I know! It's wild right? The owner made a special point of contacting her family directly to relay the story and he also spoke at her service so he could tell the story of the angels to everyone. It was a life-altering experience for him too! For so many who take their own lives the amount of pain they bear was intolerable...I am sure God or gods (or the Godess) can understand and be merciful.
#37 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 06:07 PM

Yep, I've been visited by an angel several times and it was the same one each time.

Back in the day, Kindergarten classes used to allow 4 year olds. I was the youngest kid in my class, my 5th birthday not coming until the end of the school year.

I used to walk to school and it was simple route. Straight up from our apartment 7 blocks and then a left turn at the corner 2 blocks.

One day I was walking alone and I became aware of man following me. Each time I looked back he was a little closer and was taking care not to be seen. He'd step back behind the hedges when I turned around but I knew he was there. He was behind me trying to talk to me when I became aware of a young girl standing smack in the middle of the sidewalk in a nightie. She smiled at me and said "where have you been? I've been waiting for you!" and I was confused because I had no idea who she was. I figured I was safer with her than I was with the man who had been following me. She took my hand and led me into her house. I waited there for her and she eventually walked me to school.

I remember seeing her a few more times over the years. It was always when I was in crowded or busy place and I'd look at a crowd of people and see her smiling at me and then the crowd of people would shift and she'd be gone.

One day (after I was a mom) I was at a deli counter paying when a woman with long hair leaned in, squeezed my shoulders and said "I'm so proud of you! You've done so well!" and I looked right into her face and immediately recongnized her. When these encounters happen, I am always in a situation where there is lots of talk and activity or I'm trying to concentrate on something. I think she does it on purpose so I don't have the opportunity to question her

banana.gif

#38 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 08:24 PM

These stories are great. They're making me cry

A year and a bit ago I had a mystical experience. That night, my H and I had been at his Christmas party. Things had been a little rocky between us, and at the party, I met this girl he had been talking about a lot. I was really jealous, but thought I was imagining it because of my own insecurity issues. I left the party about midnight, and H stayed. As I lay in bed, unable to sleep with a stone in my stomach, I heard bells. Then I saw a light in my mind's eye and felt myself be drawn up into it in a rush. I felt enormous love and support in the light (all the while my rational brain saying this is weird, am I dying?) And when I was gently set down in my bed, for a second I felt a great sense of peace, and then like a tidal wave, panic rushed through my body. Because I knew something so bad was going to happen that I needed all my saints and angels and guardians to protect me and help me through it.

A couple of months later, he slept with her. I believe it was this night that she decided she wanted him for herself. A few months after that I moved out (at 7 mo. pregnant, with my other son, 1 year old.)

Not long after that I went to a psychic who confirmed that yes, it was an angel visit. I learned that my Aunty Ruth (my auntie who raised me from birth to 5 years, and who died when I was 15, and my Grampy, were my angels/guides. (BTW, my auntie, who was the most proper, kind, lady-like person you can imagine called this other woman a "viper" )

A year to the day since I had my last angel visit, I had another one. I was sitting on my back steps, and I started to think of Grampy - and then he was there. I could feel his presence, and Aunty Ruth, as clearly as if they were sitting beside me, holding my hands, rubbing my back, talking and laughing with me. And I felt pure joy and love. A huge goofy grin stole across my face and I sat there bubbling and bursting with a perfect feeling of happiness. It was wonderful. A message of you're doing just fine, we're really proud of you, we love you.
#39 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 08:34 PM

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to TripMom for starting this thread. It has been so uplifting and wonderful to read these stories. And, on a personal note, it has somehow given me a peace I never had before with DD's birth. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Greenluv- that gave me major chills. Who do you think she is? Guardian angel?

Oh, and I also just wanted to relate another story about how we become angels ourselves in others' time of need. Looking back (was an atheist/rationalist at the time!) I really feel this was devine:

Walked into a restaurant and overheard a waitress pleading with her boss for a small advance - $64 - so she wouldn't be dropped from classes at the local college. Boss said he couldn't do it and she was in tears.

We go to a table in a far corner and she's our waitress - she never lets on how sad she is and is great with us. At the time, I was also a college student paying my own way, and I worked in service, getting tips - tho in a much more high-tipping job. Just got off work, in fact. So when we get the bill, I go into my wallet to pay her - from that night's tips. Well, I forget what the bill came to, but after paying I had - you guessed it - $64 left.

So I left it on the table. I almost hesitated, since this was the money I lived on. But I didn't need to worry. That month I got the most tips of my life - making, quite interestingly, $640 that week just in tips. And, I don't think she ever knew I overheard her conversation - meaning that a stranger just randomly left her the money she needed!
#40 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 08:45 PM

ok, but i have to add my story so....long story short...
last fall, after our infertility diagnosis and in the depths of the international adoption process, one of my close friends died suddenly. she had been very supportive of the adoption-was a reference and a witness for the homestudy, saving boy clothes for us from her son, etc.

anyway, she died on a friday and that monday we had a referral for our son-same name as her dh. So that thursday we sent in the final paperwork to accept him and then went on to her funeral. a week later we got a bfp. she definitely helped bring me my boys. it's incredible, i feel her presence every day, especially when dressing them in her son's clothes!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#41 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 09:49 PM

Quote:

Oh, and I also just wanted to relate another story about how we become angels ourselves in others' time of need. Looking back (was an atheist/rationalist at the time!) I really feel this was devine:

Walked into a restaurant and overheard a waitress pleading with her boss for a small advance - $64 - so she wouldn't be dropped from classes at the local college. Boss said he couldn't do it and she was in tears.

We go to a table in a far corner and she's our waitress - she never lets on how sad she is and is great with us. At the time, I was also a college student paying my own way, and I worked in service, getting tips - tho in a much more high-tipping job. Just got off work, in fact. So when we get the bill, I go into my wallet to pay her - from that night's tips. Well, I forget what the bill came to, but after paying I had - you guessed it - $64 left.

So I left it on the table. I almost hesitated, since this was the money I lived on. But I didn't need to worry. That month I got the most tips of my life - making, quite interestingly, $640 that week just in tips. And, I don't think she ever knew I overheard her conversation - meaning that a stranger just randomly left her the money she needed!
Yes, yes, yes!!!!s. You are an angel. You totally qualify. Don't you look back on that experience and get the best feeling---like "yeah, that's what human beings are supposed to be doing...".

Occasionally I wonder what the young mother thinks about being swept up in a cab that cold night with her little babe. I wonder what your waitress is doing now...I'm sure she finished college and is doing some important work.
#42 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Greenluv- that gave me major chills. Who do you think she is? Guardian angel?

Yep, I've come to the conclusion that this is who she is. I've had many times in my life where I just felt lost, with no direction and it was then that I would catch a glimpse of her as if she was sent to let me know "you are not lost, we know exactly where you are!"

I had a realization not too long ago. I realized that I may not have certain beliefs but I DO have strong faith. The faith part is what is most important

banana.gif

#43 of 54 Old 12-22-2006, 10:30 PM

greenluv - did you notice that your angel and my angel said the same thing????

"I have been waiting for you."
#44 of 54 Old 12-23-2006, 02:52 AM

Quote:
SO normally I don't recount this experience because it is so painful. But I think I can look at it now from a frame of gratitude and, yes, a visit from an angel even tho at the time I'd never believe it.

So, one night, in the dead middle of the night, a nurse I'd never seen before came to visit me. She was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to. She told me she was going to show me how to get up without pain because my daughter needed me. She very carefully guided me through the steps of getting myself out of bed - verbally - I realize now she never touched me!

It was like she knew where my pain was. I lied on a specific spot on my side, propped with my elbow, used my knees and hands and managed to get up with minimal (relative) pain.

That morning I sat up in bed using the same technique. It took about 5 mins, but DH and the nurses were amazed.

I told them the night-nurse taught me, but my description didn't match the nurse on duty. It didn't match any nurse on the floor!

So... thank you. Thank you my night-nurse angel, my grandma, whoever or whatever you are. You saved us.
THANK YOU for sharing this!! Oh my gosh, you don't even know how much it means to me to hear another story of a "nurse angel!" ALL of these stories are making me cry!

After I was all well, I figured that they were nurse angels, but while I was sick and drugged with medications, everything felt a little crazy iykwim!

When I was really sick in hospital, and inbetween at home, I had a few encounters with these angels. The first was a man, he seemed a little short, but strong, with black hair and a hispanic complexion. He told me to take a tube off of me, but he just stood there by the side of my bed. It was like he was not allowed to touch me or help me. But he told me what to do. I thought he was a real nurse so I did it! Later, when I was more awake, my real nurse came in. She saw that I had pulled the tube out, and freaked out a bit! LOL I told her that the guy nurse told me to do it....then I quickly realized how strange I sounded...there was no other nurse..lol! Turns out the tube was okay to be taken out now, and I have a feeling it needed to be out or something might have happened.

When I got home from the hospital I was still very sick and laying down a lot trying to figure out what to do. I still felt/saw the presence of these 2 lady nurses around me. Again, just standing a bit away to my side, just telling me what to do to help me get better. Not touching me or doing anything but just helping me intuitively know little things to do. Like how to position my pillow, drink water, get up to go to the bathroom, even stuff like that! It was nice to feel like I had "professionals" around me to help!
#45 of 54 Old 12-23-2006, 11:46 AM

huh - makes me think that contacting a bunch of nurses and gettng them to recount their patient "nruse-angel" stories would make for a good read.
#46 of 54 Old 12-24-2006, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
[QUOTE=darwinphish;6823569]Just wanted to say THANK YOU to TripMom for starting this thread. It has been so uplifting and wonderful to read these stories. And, on a personal note, it has somehow given me a peace I never had before with DD's birth. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

QUOTE]

You are welcome. And I love your waitress story. My DH and I were talking about "generosity" just the other day . . . . and the feeling that it comes back at you in multiples. This is just proof of that feeling!

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)
#47 of 54 Old 12-24-2006, 01:33 AM

I agree, good thread. I can't wait to read more stories
#48 of 54 Old 12-24-2006, 02:54 PM

Goodcents, I did a google search and there are LOTS of nurse-angel stories! I guess it makes sense that if you're a benevolent being wanting to help people you'd hang around the hospital!

Last night I was thinking about the appearance of mine and a PP's angel - maybe the same - perhaps there is an angel of pregnancy and motherhood? OK, that's wild, but who knows...

Oh, and I should also tell you guys - Helen is named after said grandmother and was born ON THE SAME DAY AS HER - three weeks early. A little OT but the other thing I felt the day we rushed to the hospital was my grandmother's presence INSIDE me. I'm kind of shy and reserved but that day I was like her - bold, commanding presence, demanding to be seen NOW and not taking "please wait" for an answer. I in fact stormed past the reception at the maternity ward and straight to the nurses station, accosted a nurse, and told her to get me an NST right NOW! I could have never done that in 'normal' hours. And the weird thing was - tho I was worried a bit, up until that point I didn't think it was a huge emergency. In fact I'd just sent DH down to the cafeteria because I was hungry! Then all of a sudden I was compelled to action. It was only minutes that saved DDs life so my actions literally saved her.
#49 of 54 Old 12-24-2006, 05:00 PM

These are all wonderful stories! Thank you for sharing them.

Darwinphish - a friend of mine says that what you put out you will get back times 10 - so interesting enough you did just that!
#50 of 54 Old 12-25-2006, 06:26 AM

Hi, I've got two angel stories to share, one unseen angel, and one earth angel.

Ten years ago (in exactly two days time) my dh, ds1 and myself were involved in a car accident in Florida. Dh was driving, ds1 was asleep in his carseat, and I was lying down in the back of the car, stationwagon with split seats. As I was drifting off to sleep I felt fear that we would have an accident - precognitive I guess- anyway I went to sleep. We were hit from behind at 90+mph by a driver in a truck who fell asleep at the wheel. My dh manged to steer the car to the side of the interstate, then he had to climb out of his window as the car was so mangled that he couldn't open the door. He ran around to the other side of the car and unbuckled ds1's carseat and carried it and him away from the car to safety, during this time he was calling me frantically but I was not responding. He could see that my feet and legs were trapped in the mangled metal of the back of the car, I actually do remember dreaming that someone was holding me down by my feet and I was trying to kick but unable to. Anyway dh set the carsseat down and turned back to try to get me out of the car and I was lying about two feet away from the car on the grass verge still completely unconsious. He asked me later how I'd managed to get out but my first memory of returning consiousness was the EMT's calling me by name! I still have no idea how it was accomplished but there are angels out there looking after me, I KNOW it!

My earth angel experience came today - I had wanted a wooden doll house for dd, but couldn't afford new and hadn't been able to find one in any of the thrift stores, so I just let it go, I wasn't prepared to just buy her anything so that she would have a big gift to open kwim, but still I felt bad because ds2 is getting a wooden toolkit/workbench that I'd picked up for $10. Then I had a phonecall from a dear friend (my mw actually!) for whom my ds1 was doing a favour, she asked how I was and I said I was fine but had no gift for dd. She responded immediatly by saying oh I have just the thing, a wooden doll house that my dd no longer plays with, so she dropped it off today and it has dolls, furniture and everything, it is way better than I could ever have imagined! So many thanks to her for being such a wonderful earth angel!

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!!!
#51 of 54 Old 12-26-2006, 10:28 AM

Wonderful thread.
#52 of 54 Old 01-03-2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:

The days after DD was born we were both in critical condition. Emergency c b/c she lost 60% of her blood supply when my fibroids (the largest a SOCCER ball) interfered with her blood supply at 37 wks. She was in the NICU rec'ing mutiple transfusions. I hadn't even met her yet except to hear her beautiful, fragile cry in the operating room and give her a quick kiss before she was whisked away.

To say I was frightened was an understatement. I was rushed to ICU because of uncontrollable hemorraging and BP of 220/130 even though I had never had HBP throughout pregnancy. I was seizing intermitently - delerium followed by fear followed by more delerium.

Anyway, this went on for a couple days. I was pumped full of drugs and kept asking, pleading to see my daughter. She was too fragile to be brought to me - and I thought she would die without me ever holding her. They told me I was in no shape to get out of bed and that I'd have to wait until I was stronger. One nurse tried to get me up but the pain was so bad I would pass out and/or have to stop. She took my catheter out and told me it would 'compel' me to get up. Not really a nice lady, if you get my picture.

They tried to get me to lie back down, but I walked - used the toilet - and then got into a wheelchair. DH wheeled me to the NICU verrrry slowly to avoid painful bumps - and I held DD in my arms and nursed her. The great part? To see her heartbeat and BP on the monitor slow and even out as she snuggled into me!

That was so touching !
#53 of 54 Old 02-23-2007, 07:30 PM

When I was in my early twenties I was traveling with a friend in Central America. We were in Belize City for one night before we were taking a boat out to the islands off the coast. We ended up in a REALLY gross hotel and when mice starting running around the floor of the room my friend freaked out and we decided that we had to get out of there. Now, Belize City is pretty sketchy and not a place where two American tourists with huge backpacks want to be walking aimlessly around at midnight - there were no cabs - so why we decided to leave the first hotel is really a mystery, but we did. So we wander out into the street and try to get our bearings so that we can make our way to a nicer hotel. So, as we are walking this rastafarian guy rides up to us on a bicycle (the streets are seemingly deserted - so this was odd). He had long thick dreads and spoke with a thick carribean accent. Anyway, to make a long story short he rode his bike by our sides and escorted us to our new hotel (it was about a 15 minute walk I think). He was our protector - and I truly believe that he was an angel sent to protect us. We gave him like $20 bucks or something when we got to the hotel. He thanked us and rode off into the night.
#54 of 54 Old 04-03-2007, 05:04 PM

Tags
Earth Mama Body Butter 8oz , Earth Mama Body Butter 4oz , Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby Labor Ease Massage Oil 30 Ml Oil , Earth Mama Angel Baby Postpartum Recovery Bath Herbs , Earth Mama Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby C Mama Healing Salve , Earth Mama Angel Baby Organics , Earth Mama Angel Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page