Ever met an angel? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm new to this forum. Never even lurked here. But about 9 years ago, I had an encounter that I have never forgotten . . . . I think I met an angel. I hope this doesn't sound too "out there" . . .but I am wondering if anyone else has every had that experience? I am happy to share my experience, if anyone is interested. But was wondering what others have encountered as well.

TripMom . . . . . loving mom : to DS (7) and BBG (4.5)
#2 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does in a dream count? When I was TTC DD#2 I was told that after not ovulating on Clomid and Metformin the dr thought I should try IUI. We quit all meds. I had a dream one night that I was shopping in walmart and a super super sweet black woman came up to me and put her hand on my stomach and told me it would all be ok. I got pg 2 months later with NO meds
#3 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 08:08 PM

When I was in high school I was going through a bad bad bad stage of depression. I had thought about ending it all and I went to bed crying one night. In the middle of the night I woke up with a voice saying "turn around". I opened my eyes and kept staring at the wall. I heard it again so I turned around. I saw this glowing figure. I never felt scared or anything. Within a few seconds the figure disappeared and I felt completely comforted. The next day I went to the doctor, got on antidepressants and every day got better. I like to think that I saw an angel.
#4 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

These are totally the type of stories that I am interested in hearing.

OK - here is what happened to me. Kinda long - sorry in advance.

It was my first year in private practice as a lawyer fresh out of law school. I was working for a very large demanding corporate law firm in downtown LA. I was assigned to a project that needed to be completed on a short time frame over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I was working around the clock - literally, I would get sent home for 5 or 6 hours at a time - solely to catnap, shower, change clothes and come back to the conference room. This went on for days. After several days of this, I showed up in the conference room one day (all men - per usual) - I walked in and the senior partner snapped at me in front of the room fool of men. I got embarassed and, exhausted, I burst into tears and left the room. They ended up sending me home after that for the night - it was a Sunday, I remember.

It was about 6 pm. I got in a cab from downtown to go to my friends house. That night my DH was at our best friends house (2 girls who were roommates) and our other good friends were there -- it was an annual event we all did together - decorate the Xmas tree and order chinese food - we were the only married people - everyone else singles. I had been sad that I was going to miss it because of work. This is pre-kids - like mid 20s.

Anyway, I was so exhausted and dazed and embarassed for crying . . . . I was sitting in the cab and staring forward. The cabbie began talking to me. Asking me all kinds of questions about myself. I was answering kind of hollowly and spacey - so tired, worn out, etc. But he kept asking me questions, and he was being so sincere. Then he asked me this "What is your favorite season". And normally, I answer this question "I like all the seasons". That is always how I answer that question. But for some reason I said "Oh, summer, I suppose". And the cabbie replied "Really? I thought you would have said you like all the seasons." My jaw dropped and I just stared at the back of this guys head thinking "Who are you?". We were pulling up to my friends house - and he turned and said something very personal to me about making sure that my husband always treats me right and that I deserve that. We hadn't spoken about DH at all. But earlier that day DH and I had gotten into a tiff on the phone and I was upset with him about something or other I can't remember now.

I had the overwhelming feeling that this person was my grandfather who had passed away when I was 7. I guess that is not technically an angel . . .but the presence felt angelic. It was comforting and consoling at I time when I was really vulnerable.

#5 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 08:32 PM

Quote:
And normally, I answer this question "I like all the seasons". That is always how I answer that question. But for some reason I said "Oh, summer, I suppose". And the cabbie replied "Really? I thought you would have said you like all the seasons." My jaw dropped and I just stared at the back of this guys head thinking "Who are you?". We were pulling up to my friends house - and he turned and said something very personal to me about making sure that my husband always treats me right and that I deserve that.
wOW WOW WOW!! That's amazing! I've had other little things happen that make me think i've seen angels.

With my DD Raeden (the one I had the dream about before I got pg) I went into labour at 20 weeks. WAs on bedrest for every many many probs. Towards the end I started having lots of probs and worrying she wouldn't be born alive. I remember laying in bed near her play-yard one night BAWLING and praying soo sooo hard and out of the corner of my eye seeing something white and misty over her bed. This happened every night for 2 weeks. That I would see something white over her bed. I really believe it was her angel. Especially when she arrived at 36 weeks completely healthy!
#6 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 08:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisteal View Post
wOW WOW WOW!! That's amazing! I've had other little things happen that make me think i've seen angels.

With my DD Raeden (the one I had the dream about before I got pg) I went into labour at 20 weeks. WAs on bedrest for every many many probs. Towards the end I started having lots of probs and worrying she wouldn't be born alive. I remember laying in bed near her play-yard one night BAWLING and praying soo sooo hard and out of the corner of my eye seeing something white and misty over her bed. This happened every night for 2 weeks. That I would see something white over her bed. I really believe it was her angel. Especially when she arrived at 36 weeks completely healthy!
Wow. And you know - I too had other little things happen to me during that same period in my life. It was a very stressful time - and a time of a lot of self doubt for me. An example I remember

- I lived in a small apartment with DH. We were poor student. We had few possessions. I recall owning 4 pairs of earrings. Every night I'd go to bed and meticulously take out my earrings and place them in a little cardboard box where I kept them all together. The next day I'd get up and go to put a pair of earrings on - and without fail, the pair that I wanted to wear would have a missing mate? I'd take all 4 pairs and lay them on the counter side by side - and sure enough - 1 missing? So I'd wear another pair. Take them off that night, into the box they'd go, the next morning I'd go to retrieve a new pair - and that pair would have 1 earring missing - but the earring that was missing before magically had reappearred. This went on and on for over a year.

Again - overwhelming feeling it was my grandfather having a joke with me.

#7 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 09:24 PM

Cool thread! I think I may have seen an angel or helping spirit of some kind too...
When I was about 10 my parents took me, my sister and my 2 brothers to a friends house. The adults were all inside, and their 4 boys and the 4 of us were in the yard playing. Their oldes boy was riding a small lawn mower to cut the grass. When he got to the section where we were playing baseball we just stayed there and watched. The boy on the mower asked my brother (6yrs old) to move a bat that was in his path...
Well Bro moved it and slipped, the boy on the mower wasn't looking and ran onto my bro's leg. Everything got kinda fuzzy at that point but they say I ran over and picked up the lawnmower (with the boy on it) and threw it off my bro. Then everyone ran to the house to get the adults. I went to the backdoor and just as I got their I heard a voice telling me my bro was all alone. I went back to him.
I saw/felt/heard someone sitting next to me telling me to not let bro look at his leg, and to stay calm for him. There was an overwhelming sense of peace coming from this person. My bro was even totally calm. I never looked directly at the angel, but I do remember thinking someone was there and just an impression of alot of white light.
Then the adults got there and it was gone. They took my bro to the emergency room and were able to re-attatch his little toe. He had to have his ankle joint ground down and has a long scar along his foot and one up his calf. He was told he may never be able to run again.
Bro is now 30 and has full use of his leg and foot, even to run.
#8 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 10:10 PM

The first time I went to London I was around 19. I changed my return flight home, and extended my vacation (well I wassss in London folks). My parents were to pay the change of ticket fee in the States. Well somehow the didn't work it out between the two of them and there I was at the ticket counter when the check-in lady was like "Nope dear you can't get no the plane until you pay the fee". I think I had approx 11 British Pounds in my pocket and no credit card. It was the morning British time - which means the middle of the night US time - my parents weren't up much less able to help for six or so more hours.

So - what doea a stressed out basket case who is stuck in London and pissed at her parents do? She goes and has a drink of course. I walked into the airport bar and this man in in the center, kinda chubby, really warm face, five o'clock shadow. He motions for me to sit down and mutters something along the lines of "I have been waiting for you."

Now normally I wouldn't have sat down and I would have said to myself "Who is this freaky guy who is hitting on me or trying to hit on me or wants to hit on me." But I didn't get that vibe at all and I sat down.

We talked about all sorts of things for a long time, maybe an hour or so. He lived at an Ashram in India, although he was European by descent. He gave me his holy book - which I don't know what it was but I do know what I read when I opened it up. It said

"Nothing happens in the cosmic play but at its foreseen time and place.""

And after I wrote that in my journal and said something else he got up and said my time is up here I have to go now and I never did see him again. And in times of trouble, or moments like now I remember that saying and I know it is the truth.
#9 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 10:12 PM

Quote:
We talked about all sorts of things. He lived at an Ashram in India, altough he was European by descent. He gave me his holy book - which I don't know what it was but I do know what I read when I opened it up. It said

"Nothing happens in the cosmic play but at its foreseen time and place.""

And after I wrote that in my journal and said something else he got up and said my time is up here I have to go now and I never did see him again.
WOW! That gave me CHILLS!
#10 of 54 Old 12-20-2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisteal View Post
Does in a dream count? When I was TTC DD#2 I was told that after not ovulating on Clomid and Metformin the dr thought I should try IUI. We quit all meds. I had a dream one night that I was shopping in walmart and a super super sweet black woman came up to me and put her hand on my stomach and told me it would all be ok. I got pg 2 months later with NO meds
yes i think dreams qualify. angels for sure would cross the sapce time continium. and now doubt dreamtime.
#11 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 10:19 AM

What a wonderful thread! I believe I've had two angel encounters:
The first one was after a very painful breakup of a relationship that was really all wrong for me. I went to bed crying most nights for a few months. One night I had a dream in which these huge creatures of light visited me. I think there were two, but one did the talking. It told me without really using words that the reason I kept experiencing pain in romantic relationships is because I did not feel good about myself and this was influencing what men were entering my life. It told me the only way to change this was to heal my relationship with myself. Then it said "we want you to remember this, so we're going to wake you up now." And I woke up. This encounter was not what I would expect from an angelic encounter because it wasn't all "warm fuzzies." These were awesome, powerful beings.

The second one was soon after I moved to a new city. My boyfriend at the time (now my dh) and I had talked about getting married (he lived in the city I had moved from), but I was afraid and unsure I wanted to be married (severe commitment-phobia!). My best friend at the time lived in a different city and was named Judy. One night I had a dream where Judy and I were talking in the kitchen, and I was talking to her about whether to get married. We talked all night. The next night I went to a young adults event at the UU church, where we read readings about love and talked about love. A woman came and talked to me after the event and asked me if I wanted to get a cup of coffee afterwards. Her name was also Judy. We went to get coffee and we talked and talked. I didn't know her at all, but I told her all about my fears about getting married, my love for my boyfriend, etc. I left feeling at peace with my decision to marry dh. I never saw her again.
#12 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 01:39 PM

Sort of kidding but not really.

10 or 12 years ago I was single, and working a waitress job at night to
make some extra cash. I had just finished my waitress shift. I had a pocketful of money and hopped into a cab because it February and we were having a freezing bitter cold spell, like 20 below or more for several days in a row. Nobody was on the streets.

The cab started down the street and I looked over and saw a woman at a bus stop cradling a bundle. It was a new baby wrapped in a massive blanket. It was 11:30 or 12:00 at night, and I just shouted to the driver "pull over". I opened the cab door and motioned for her to get in. Without saying a word she slid right in. I asked her where she lived and she told me, but other than that we didn't speak, I think she was latino and mabey didn't have any English.

I had the cabbie drop me off at home, paid him and then gave the woman $$ to pay cabbie after her ride (in retrospect, I should have given her some extra)

Anyway, the whole situation was very surreal. I feel as if I was in such a great state of mind at the time that I was able to follow some higher direction from a source greater than myself, without even thinking. I feel like at that moment, I was her angel--I was available to be used as an angel and I was. In retrospect, it was one of the best moments of my life and something I'm very proud of. Not that I haven't done good deeds or charity work since that---but I feel that act was inspired, effortless, and completely in the flow of the universe---I also feel that it didn't come from "me".
#13 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixenmama View Post
Sort of kidding but not really.

10 or 12 years ago I was single, and working a waitress job at night to
make some extra cash. I had just finished my waitress shift. I had a pocketful of money and hopped into a cab because it February and we were having a freezing bitter cold spell, like 20 below or more for several days in a row. Nobody was on the streets.

The cab started down the street and I looked over and saw a woman at a bus stop cradling a bundle. It was a new baby wrapped in a massive blanket. It was 11:30 or 12:00 at night, and I just shouted to the driver "pull over". I opened the cab door and motioned for her to get in. Without saying a word she slid right in. I asked her where she lived and she told me, but other than that we didn't speak, I think she was latino and mabey didn't have any English.

I had the cabbie drop me off at home, paid him and then gave the woman $$ to pay cabbie after her ride (in retrospect, I should have given her some extra)

Anyway, the whole situation was very surreal. I feel as if I was in such a great state of mind at the time that I was able to follow some higher direction from a source greater than myself, without even thinking. I feel like at that moment, I was her angel--I was available to be used as an angel and I was. In retrospect, it was one of the best moments of my life and something I'm very proud of. Not that I haven't done good deeds or charity work since that---but I feel that act was inspired, effortless, and completely in the flow of the universe---I also feel that it didn't come from "me".
That's very cool. I believe absolutely in divine inspiration. Maybe you even asked her in Spanish where she lived.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#14 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 02:23 PM

Not really an angel, but before I got pregnant with my oldest I had a dream. In the dream I had a son who in the dream was 4-6 y/o. He boy was very cute and had blue eyes and blonde hair and a big, bright smile. Well, I woke up from the dream and thought "that's strange!" It was strange b/c my husband at the time and I both have brown hair/brown eyes (and of course they're dominant (sp?).

Well, my just turned 6 y/o ds has...blonde hair AND blue eyes and the best smile, lol! It gives me the chills just thinking about it. I got preggo with him with-in a few months of that dream. I'll never forget it as long as I live, that's for sure!

On more thing that's more recent. When I was pregnant with my dd I had a dream that my grandma visted me and she was comforting me (no words, just feelings). My grandma had been passed on for over a yr. when I dreamt that. I had been having anxiety about the pregnancy and it was SO comforting to have that dream. My grandma and I had always been very, very close.

So, no, maybe not angelic encounters. But, something extra ordinary, no sure what though.
#15 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 02:37 PM

I really think my sister is an angel. She is the most calming person in the world and makes everything better for everyone. Anytime something is wrong with me, she seems to be able to fix my problem with very little effort. I don't know how else to explain it. It's like she's here to make sure my life goes smoothly... (I hope that doesn't sound egotistical, because I don't mean it that way whatsoever).
#16 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli's_mommy View Post
I really think my sister is an angel. She is the most calming person in the world and makes everything better for everyone. Anytime something is wrong with me, she seems to be able to fix my problem with very little effort. I don't know how else to explain it. It's like she's here to make sure my life goes smoothly... (I hope that doesn't sound egotistical, because I don't mean it that way whatsoever).
You're the luckiest girl in the whole USA. When everything is running smoothly can you send her my way???? I'd love a divine encounter right now---I need a spiritual transfusion!

(sorry OT)
#17 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2cntrykids View Post
Not really an angel, but before I got pregnant with my oldest I had a dream. In the dream I had a son who in the dream was 4-6 y/o. He boy was very cute and had blue eyes and blonde hair and a big, bright smile. Well, I woke up from the dream and thought "that's strange!" It was strange b/c my husband at the time and I both have brown hair/brown eyes (and of course they're dominant (sp?).

Well, my just turned 6 y/o ds has...blonde hair AND blue eyes and the best smile, lol! It gives me the chills just thinking about it. I got preggo with him with-in a few months of that dream. I'll never forget it as long as I live, that's for sure!

On more thing that's more recent. When I was pregnant with my dd I had a dream that my grandma visted me and she was comforting me (no words, just feelings). My grandma had been passed on for over a yr. when I dreamt that. I had been having anxiety about the pregnancy and it was SO comforting to have that dream. My grandma and I had always been very, very close.

So, no, maybe not angelic encounters. But, something extra ordinary, no sure what though.
both of these stories are beautiful. I really love the grandma one, I lost my grandma when I was 13 and we were very close. I would love to have a dream like that....please any angels watching this thread---send me that dream.
#18 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixenmama View Post
You're the luckiest girl in the whole USA. When everything is running smoothly can you send her my way???? I'd love a divine encounter right now---I need a spiritual transfusion!

(sorry OT)
I've grown pretty attached, but I might let you borrow her sometime
#19 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:01 PM

Oh the stories I could tell! But cannot because of client confidentiality.

I am SO enjoying the stories shared here.

I have to tell you all that this happens ALL THE TIME. You just have to be OPEN to it

You can even ask for it to happen. The SPirits on the otherside are jumping at the chance to get you to 'get' that they are there.
#20 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:02 PM

Eli, there are Earth Angels but your sister is more an Earth Elemental.

Does she like Fairies?
#21 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:22 PM

Don't feel comfortable having my story out there 'forever'. To personal.
#22 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:27 PM

Heather, ppl who have crossed over bring us messages all the time. What you experienced is not crazy, it is real, and wonderful
#23 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmarty View Post
Heather, ppl who have crossed over bring us messages all the time. What you experienced is not crazy, it is real, and wonderful
Thanks for the . The thing is, I don't know who the person was that I spoke with, but I don't think it was the friend that had just died. I feel like it was someone 'bigger' (for lack of a better word).
#24 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Ok - one more thing to mention on this topic. I posted about one or two of my experiences - I have had others. And with all of these experiences - the really strange part is that immediately after, I have this sense like whatever happened is not remarkable - so I have no urge to tell anyone or talk about it. Its not until weeks or months later that I thought again about what transpired and had the ah-ha moment of - "WOW - why didn't I tell DH about that? or my friends?"

I find that really odd. While the event is happening I am awed by it. But immediately after I have a sense of normalcy - like nothing remarkable happened -- and then way later I am wowed and tell people.

Anyone else have that phenomenon?

#25 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmarty View Post
Eli, there are Earth Angels but your sister is more an Earth Elemental.

Does she like Fairies?
I texted her to ask and she says:

Quote:
Yeah I do. They're very pretty. What a weird question.

Have any of you ever read the 'Tao of Pooh'? She is Pooh- the uncarved block. Simple (not dumb- simplistic). Things just 'happen' for her and she never worries about them.
#26 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 04:58 PM

SO normally I don't recount this experience because it is so painful. But I think I can look at it now from a frame of gratitude and, yes, a visit from an angel even tho at the time I'd never believe it.

The days after DD was born we were both in critical condition. Emergency c b/c she lost 60% of her blood supply when my fibroids (the largest a SOCCER ball) interfered with her blood supply at 37 wks. She was in the NICU rec'ing mutiple transfusions. I hadn't even met her yet except to hear her beautiful, fragile cry in the operating room and give her a quick kiss before she was whisked away.

To say I was frightened was an understatement. I was rushed to ICU because of uncontrollable hemorraging and BP of 220/130 even though I had never had HBP throughout pregnancy. I was seizing intermitently - delerium followed by fear followed by more delerium.

Anyway, this went on for a couple days. I was pumped full of drugs and kept asking, pleading to see my daughter. She was too fragile to be brought to me - and I thought she would die without me ever holding her. They told me I was in no shape to get out of bed and that I'd have to wait until I was stronger. One nurse tried to get me up but the pain was so bad I would pass out and/or have to stop. She took my catheter out and told me it would 'compel' me to get up. Not really a nice lady, if you get my picture.

So, one night, in the dead middle of the night, a nurse I'd never seen before came to visit me. She was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to. She told me she was going to show me how to get up without pain because my daughter needed me. She very carefully guided me through the steps of getting myself out of bed - verbally - I realize now she never touched me!

It was like she knew where my pain was. I lied on a specific spot on my side, propped with my elbow, used my knees and hands and managed to get up with minimal (relative) pain.

That morning I sat up in bed using the same technique. It took about 5 mins, but DH and the nurses were amazed.

I told them the night-nurse taught me, but my description didn't match the nurse on duty. It didn't match any nurse on the floor!

They tried to get me to lie back down, but I walked - used the toilet - and then got into a wheelchair. DH wheeled me to the NICU verrrry slowly to avoid painful bumps - and I held DD in my arms and nursed her. The great part? To see her heartbeat and BP on the monitor slow and even out as she snuggled into me!

From that point on, we were both steadily better...

So... thank you. Thank you my night-nurse angel, my grandma, whoever or whatever you are. You saved us.
#27 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
SO normally I don't recount this experience because it is so painful. But I think I can look at it now from a frame of gratitude and, yes, a visit from an angel even tho at the time I'd never believe it.

The days after DD was born we were both in critical condition. Emergency c b/c she lost 60% of her blood supply when my fibroids (the largest a SOCCER ball) interfered with her blood supply at 37 wks. She was in the NICU rec'ing mutiple transfusions. I hadn't even met her yet except to hear her beautiful, fragile cry in the operating room and give her a quick kiss before she was whisked away.

To say I was frightened was an understatement. I was rushed to ICU because of uncontrollable hemorraging and BP of 220/130 even though I had never had HBP throughout pregnancy. I was seizing intermitently - delerium followed by fear followed by more delerium.

Anyway, this went on for a couple days. I was pumped full of drugs and kept asking, pleading to see my daughter. She was too fragile to be brought to me - and I thought she would die without me ever holding her. They told me I was in no shape to get out of bed and that I'd have to wait until I was stronger. One nurse tried to get me up but the pain was so bad I would pass out and/or have to stop. She took my catheter out and told me it would 'compel' me to get up. Not really a nice lady, if you get my picture.

So, one night, in the dead middle of the night, a nurse I'd never seen before came to visit me. She was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to. She told me she was going to show me how to get up without pain because my daughter needed me. She very carefully guided me through the steps of getting myself out of bed - verbally - I realize now she never touched me!

It was like she knew where my pain was. I lied on a specific spot on my side, propped with my elbow, used my knees and hands and managed to get up with minimal (relative) pain.

That morning I sat up in bed using the same technique. It took about 5 mins, but DH and the nurses were amazed.

I told them the night-nurse taught me, but my description didn't match the nurse on duty. It didn't match any nurse on the floor!

They tried to get me to lie back down, but I walked - used the toilet - and then got into a wheelchair. DH wheeled me to the NICU verrrry slowly to avoid painful bumps - and I held DD in my arms and nursed her. The great part? To see her heartbeat and BP on the monitor slow and even out as she snuggled into me!

From that point on, we were both steadily better...

So... thank you. Thank you my night-nurse angel, my grandma, whoever or whatever you are. You saved us.

:

That is a great story.
#28 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 05:24 PM

These are truly beautiful stories...

I have one.

My Step-sister-in-Law took her own life in 2002. She was suffering terribly from schizophrenia, in and out of institutions, etc. She was so sick that even her own sister knew that this could not go on much longer. The day she took her own life she went to a shooting gallery/range and asked for the last carroll so that she wouldn't be near anyone in case the bullet didn't go where it was intended. She was not an avid or experienced shooter. She was a well-reknowned artist and professor in Atlanta, GA.

But the bullet made it's way into her head. They evacuated everyone in the range. When everyone was out the owner went back into the building to attend to my ssil. When he went in he found two elderly women dressed in their "Sunday" best, cradleing her head and soothing her as she made her way across. The owner yelled at these women that they need to be away from the body and outside. They just ignored him and kept on soothing her. He couldn't understand why they would not talk to him. So he went outside to get the police and get the ladies out, but when he came back they were gone. Nobody saw them come in or out.

All of my ssil's family are eternally grateful that she had someone there to comfort her considering all her family members were thousands of miles away. After hearing that story, I will never doubt the strength and the benevolence of "angels".
#29 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
she was a warm, older, round black woman - so astonishingly kind and soft-spoken and called me 'honey' with the same inflection my grandmother used to.
THAT caught my attention! It sounds EXACTLY like the woman that I dreamed about!!! How strange is that!

Quote:
When he went in he found two elderly women dressed in their "Sunday" best, cradleing her head and soothing her as she made her way across. The owner yelled at these women that they need to be away from the body and outside. They just ignored him and kept on soothing her. He couldn't understand why they would not talk to him. So he went outside to get the police and get the ladies out, but when he came back they were gone. Nobody saw them come in or out.
That has me bawling
#30 of 54 Old 12-21-2006, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2crazykids View Post
These are truly beautiful stories...

I have one.

My Step-sister-in-Law took her own life in 2002. She was suffering terribly from schizophrenia, in and out of institutions, etc. She was so sick that even her own sister knew that this could not go on much longer. The day she took her own life she went to a shooting gallery/range and asked for the last carroll so that she wouldn't be near anyone in case the bullet didn't go where it was intended. She was not an avid or experienced shooter. She was a well-reknowned artist and professor in Atlanta, GA.

But the bullet made it's way into her head. They evacuated everyone in the range. When everyone was out the owner went back into the building to attend to my ssil. When he went in he found two elderly women dressed in their "Sunday" best, cradleing her head and soothing her as she made her way across. The owner yelled at these women that they need to be away from the body and outside. They just ignored him and kept on soothing her. He couldn't understand why they would not talk to him. So he went outside to get the police and get the ladies out, but when he came back they were gone. Nobody saw them come in or out.

All of my ssil's family are eternally grateful that she had someone there to comfort her considering all her family members were thousands of miles away. After hearing that story, I will never doubt the strength and the benevolence of "angels".

That is a lovely story . . . thank you for sharing.

Tags
Earth Mama Body Butter 8oz , Earth Mama Body Butter 4oz , Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple Butter 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby Labor Ease Massage Oil 30 Ml Oil , Earth Mama Angel Baby Postpartum Recovery Bath Herbs , Earth Mama Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm 2 Fl Oz 60 Ml , Earth Mama Angel Baby C Mama Healing Salve , Earth Mama Angel Baby Organics , Earth Mama Angel Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page