"The Secret" Successes - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 321 Old 06-02-2007, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxton25 View Post
I LOVE the Secret and totally believe in the law of attraction. One of the main things I put on my treasure map was a pic of a baby nursing and then I wrote positive statements about bfing. --a little history, my baby was a preemie born at 27 weeks and weighed under 2 lbs at birth. She was in the NICU for 3 months and I had a really hard time bfing her. I exclusively pumped up until 6 weeks ago because I just could not get her to latch on.-- I was just about ready to give up on trying to nurse and pump but I thought I would make my treasure map and then give it one more shot. As I made the board I really thought alot about bfing and how much it meant to me and how much I wanted it to come true. I kid you not, the very next day after making my map my baby latched on and ever since then I have been able to exclusively nurse her. I could not be happier and this has made me believe in the power of the secret even more. Every time I nurse my baby girl I feel so blessed and so happy I stuck with it. I hope to nurse her at least until she is 2 and now thanks to the secret I might just be able to do that!!!!

I'm so happy for you!! THIS is what using LOA is all about. Making life better for you, for others -- it doesn't have to mean manifesting a million dollars. I just keep smiling thinking of you and your little one now able to share this joy. Give her a kiss on the head for me!
#302 of 321 Old 06-03-2007, 12:19 AM

It's great to see new faces and stories on our law of attraction success page.

I really agree with you, loveandkindness, it is all about making life better.
#303 of 321 Old 06-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Okay, time to come out of lurkdom on this subject and post. I've had a lot of successes. We have contractors building a bathroom in our basement. They told us two days ago that they might have to replace something major if they couldn't get it to work (too long to explain). Well, I did my meditation and affirmation that the item would be fixed quickly and easily and then let it go. Sure enough - they had no problems with it the next day. I've also been doing affirmations about money (we desperately want to move next year). In the past 8 days, I received a check in the mail from an insurance dividend for $27.30 and a check for $6. Plus, I qualified for a focus study group (which I have not qualified for in almost 4 years) which I went to last night and got paid $100. A funny thing happened today at the park. I was talking to my friends about it and a few minutes later - a check floated into my hands. Not kidding. A lady had been writing a check above me and the wind blew it out of her hands (obviously I gave it back to her!). My friends were all laughing about how the universe was giving me money "freely and easily!"
#304 of 321 Old 06-06-2007, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
O.k. WOW! That's wonderful Hurray!
I just manifested a vacation We're a bit short on cash lately. My DH was actually suggesting that we NOT take a vacation this year. We haven't had one since Sept and that was only a few days. I work FT and REALLY needed to see the ocean. So I really just put it out there that I need to manifest a vacation. And in a few days, after checking with some friends for suggestions, etc., we are all BOOKED to go camping down south just off the beach at an amazing place with swimming pools, a playground, an ice cream parlor, a store and a lazy river!!! I am SO excited.
Also, DH saw a great tent he wanted to buy at the store. He checked the website and said that they weren't shipping it anymore. I sent him to the store and I just knew it was still there. Big surprise, he got the LAST ONE!!!
I love it!

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#305 of 321 Old 06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

well, it's time for me to talk about my "secret" success, even though the process is not yet complete.

this is one of those 'secret successes' that is not physical manifestation, but the manifestation of an emotional/spiritual aspect. i'm kinda psyched about it.

months ago, i decided to take responsibility for a certain behavior pattern. in this process, i became very conscious and conscientious about certain actions and reactions, certain behavior patterns. i was very diligent in my process, as well as looking for opportunities from the cosmos to help and enlighten me in the process.

one of the lessons i learned is that i don't have to take responsibility for other people's reactions. in the past, i tended to do this, and then would end up in a resentment pattern for the way that they treated me. so, my big lesson over the last couple of months has been about learning to set appropriate boundaries with certain types of behaviors from others.

with this, i knew that the process would recur in different ways but with decreasing levels of severity until i "got it." the first experience lasted a year, the second lasted 4 months, the third lasted 6 weeks, and this most recent one lasted--

*drum roll please*

a single conversation.

now, i consider that, a success.

it looks like i'm starting to 'get it.' i'd hoped to 'get it' a bit sooner, but honestly the last two were 'tests' after some of the things that i'd gotten. I've really gotten over the resentment part and recreating that, but i also now understand why others are behaving this way in response to me. i can recognize 'my part' and i can recognize 'their part' and i don't have to take responsibility for the whole.

now, the next step is to figure out how to tell people thati'm not responsible for their stuff in a graceful way.
#306 of 321 Old 07-09-2007, 06:33 AM

I have several. I'll post the most recent:

we have been having a very hard time financially. We were miserable where we were living and needed to move but no way would anyone rent to us and NO WAY could we afford a new place. Noone would have given us a loan. We couldn't even come up with a security deposit!

I decided we were moving. I knew I needed to move. So I started house hunting. i went to open houses and looked in the areas I wanted to be in. I used a magical creation box ( a la LOA) and clipped things from magazines. My parents and husband all thought I was nuts. I jsut smiled and kept looking.

Then an amazing thing happened...my grandmother decided that she wanted to (for several reasons) buy a second home! She let us look, we found it and she bought it. We are paying her monthly and have the option to buy at any time and the $ we pay monthly is applied to the mortgage 100%. We moved in two weeks ago and LOVE IT. It has changed everything.

We went from no hope to an offer for a new house in under 2 months. IT was by far my biggest manifestation to date.
#307 of 321 Old 07-09-2007, 09:13 AM

WOW! firefaery, that is a wonderful story! How very inspiring, especially as I am also dreaming of owning our own home. Thanks for sharing.
#308 of 321 Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM

That's so exciting. Thanks for sharing.
#309 of 321 Old 07-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned

that's wonderful firefairy.

i have an interesting experience that my husband and i are working with.

we're both really into manifesting. we really go out of our way to manifest things, and it's very cool. we do a lot of what firefairy mentioned--looking at pictures, visiting open houses, etc. we do a lot of "dream building."

so, this past weekend, we were with our friends who are very negative (don't believe in LOA, etc). we're not used to THAT MUCH negativity. it was crazy!

during the whole time, when they would be negative, we would simply reassure each other of the reality (the positive). and on the way back, we got some good, clear mirrors about our own negativity (we often say "it might be arrogant to say this. ..." or "i know it's pompous. . ."--i realized this was heavy self judging), and then we manifested all sorts of cool things all weekend.

they were little things like--good parking, a nice dream-building walk in a great neighborhood, a good inexpensive lunch, bathrooms available whenever we needed them.

oh, and the special gift--a Chihuly exhibition (glass artist) at the local botanical gardens, where i wanted to go but didn't know they were having the exhibit and chihuly is one of my favs!
#310 of 321 Old 07-09-2007, 04:31 PM

Subbing and taking notes!

I'm working on this manifesting thing and I'm new to it so I love love love to read these confident stories! I have so many things I manifest and am working on the confidence to trust that they will happen!

Love this thread!
#311 of 321 Old 07-15-2007, 02:50 PM

Bumping.

Pat

I have a blog.
#312 of 321 Old 09-21-2007, 06:21 PM

I'll bump this thread up with my recent manifesting success.

I just started this week (while reading Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting - still have to see the Secret). On Tuesday I manifested a delicious egg & cheese sandwich for lunch; Thursday I manifested a delicious dessert at the office and today I had lunch with my dh and ds (which I had been working on all week).

So I've started small, but after reading this thread, I'm going for the big time!
#313 of 321 Old 09-23-2007, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Here's my update.
I manifested reaching my ideal body weight. I've lost 25lbs since January. I wanted it to be EASY. I surrendered the struggle about it. I just decided that it was easy and set about making changes in my diet. I started visualizing seeming myself at my ideal weight. I started picturing myself fitting into the clothes that I couldn't wear anymore.
And guess what, it has been really easy!! I still have 8 more lbs to go but I'll get there It's been a wonderful, concrete experience for me. I see the power and I am just now thinking about what I want to manifest next!
Chrissy

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#314 of 321 Old 09-23-2007, 01:26 PM

I just wanted to add that you should be careful when manifesting because it can be negative, too.......I'm sure y'all knew that, though. I'm trying to stay positive with this whole Secret/LOA thing but I must have some mental block because hardly anything works for me. I manage to manifest parking spots a lot. However, I can't manifest things that really matter, like a place to live or a good job for hubby. I made a treasure map in April and not a single thing on it has happened.
I also managed to manifest not one, not two, not three but FOUR traffic tickets. Yeah, you'd think I'd learn after the first or second time, but everytime I thought about it, there was a cop right behind me.

Jenn treehugger.gifmama to Monkeylearning.gifSquishyenergy.gif& Riverangel1.gif(8wks)Wife to Mikejog.gif See you at the rainbow1284.gif Bridge, Abigael cat.gifand McKenna dog2.gifgd.gifnamaste.giffamilybed2.gifbellyhair.gifcaffix.gifcrochetsmilie.gifom.gifknit.gifcomputergeek2.gif

#315 of 321 Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 PM

Lately I have manifested food, $1500 to pay my midwife, a free living arrangement, great job for dh and myself, an easy pregnancy (stopped my morning sickness), a 42" flat screen plasma tv, a way for my kiddos to start montessori preschool before I have the baby (aunt paying for first 2 months for both of them!!!) the list goes on! We are so blessed. My dh and I live the LOA everyday w/everything we do...positive thinking w/ a GRATEFUL attitude is the key for us! We also teach our kids. If they aren't feeling well we tell them to say things like "I am healthy, My immune system is strong, etc...". My dd kicked an ear infection in 12 hours!
#316 of 321 Old 10-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just manifested something really big, huge! Can't tell you what it is right now but its huge!

:::: :

Seriously?
#317 of 321 Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post
I just manifested something really big, huge! Can't tell you what it is right now but its huge!

You helped me manifest something too- the revival of this thread!! Just about an hour ago I was thinking, "Man, I miss that thread"

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#318 of 321 Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori View Post

Ooh, I'm curious to hear when you are ready!

Quote:
I'm trying to stay positive with this whole Secret/LOA thing but I must have some mental block because hardly anything works for me.
Same here. I even got to the point where I got rid of all my LOA books because nothing was working. Interestingly enough, I keep seeing it popping up all over since then, like it is calling me back or something, LOL! Even a church down the street put up a pro-The Secret banner...

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#319 of 321 Old 10-11-2007, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

x-posted

I've been missing the old The Secret threads here- the monthly/weekly chats. Even though everybody is at Wise Ways of Women now, I'd still like a thread here at MDC- would anybody be interested if I did start one?

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#320 of 321 Old 10-11-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimiharshe View Post
Lately I have manifested food, $1500 to pay my midwife, a free living arrangement, great job for dh and myself, an easy pregnancy (stopped my morning sickness), a 42" flat screen plasma tv, a way for my kiddos to start montessori preschool before I have the baby (aunt paying for first 2 months for both of them!!!) the list goes on! We are so blessed. My dh and I live the LOA everyday w/everything we do...positive thinking w/ a GRATEFUL attitude is the key for us! We also teach our kids. If they aren't feeling well we tell them to say things like "I am healthy, My immune system is strong, etc...". My dd kicked an ear infection in 12 hours!

My kids do this too! My ds was born for hte LoA-he is the most appreciative and grateful person I have ever met. He has NO resistance. He does his gratitudes every day. IT's adorable.

I'm interested in a thread! Just make sure you post a link. I get lost online
#321 of 321 Old 01-05-2008, 06:15 PM

BUMP

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page