"The Secret" Successes - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-06-2007, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's another one, this one was from today.

As I posted earlier, my mom and her SO are dealing with a cancer diagnosis that came the week before Christmas. While we were there visiting the Dr. called and said they were concerned about a couple of spots on SO's liver. She panicked and so did he. I explained to them about The Secret and that they needed to be seeing him healthy-now and down the road. They both agreed that this is what they needed to be visualizing rather than being fearful.

Mom called today with the results of the second scan they did to look at his liver. No spots and his lymph nodes are clear!

Mom said that every morning since I brought it up that this is what they'd been doing.

End of story, right?? Not quite...

Rewind back to Dec. one week before I left to visit my mom. We had taken our kids to a nearby town which is a sort of touristy kind of place. As we walked along we came to a little shop where a woman did tarot readings. On an implulse, I said to dh "hey! lets try this out, ok?" he said "yeah, sure lets do it" so we went in. During the reading she told me about a man who was a father figure to me having a serious health issue. She said "I see him on his feet after this, BUT only if he gets the knowledge only you can teach him."

Today I got a serious case of goosebumps.

banana.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2007, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizaveta View Post
I've been having a really difficult time with staying positive. Not just staying positive, but believing. There's always this little doubt in the back of my mind messing me up. Another problem I've been having is I don't know what I want. I know alot of what I don't want, but not what I want.

Today I manifested two things. The other day when I was feeling super positive after watching, I was thinking of the different things I'd like. A friend was one of them. I didn't really envision who'd they be exactly, just that I wanted one. The only thing I did envision that I'd want is that they'd be Russian and have a daughter. I ran to the library today to pick up some books while my dd was taking a nap and dh was willing to stay home and watch her. And guess who I found? A Russian woman and her three year old daughter!!!!!!!!!! In our small town! We talked for such a long time and exchanged emails.

And then afterwards I came home, picked up dd and headed to grocery shop and manifested the perfect parking space!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Old 01-06-2007, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenluv View Post
Here's another one, this one was from today.

As I posted earlier, my mom and her SO are dealing with a cancer diagnosis that came the week before Christmas. While we were there visiting the Dr. called and said they were concerned about a couple of spots on SO's liver. She panicked and so did he. I explained to them about The Secret and that they needed to be seeing him healthy-now and down the road. They both agreed that this is what they needed to be visualizing rather than being fearful.

Mom called today with the results of the second scan they did to look at his liver. No spots and his lymph nodes are clear!

Mom said that every morning since I brought it up that this is what they'd been doing.

End of story, right?? Not quite...

Rewind back to Dec. one week before I left to visit my mom. We had taken our kids to a nearby town which is a sort of touristy kind of place. As we walked along we came to a little shop where a woman did tarot readings. On an implulse, I said to dh "hey! lets try this out, ok?" he said "yeah, sure lets do it" so we went in. During the reading she told me about a man who was a father figure to me having a serious health issue. She said "I see him on his feet after this, BUT only if he gets the knowledge only you can teach him."

Ok. I mean wow. Teach me? I saw The Secret, and Joe Vitale and reading "EMYLIW", but dude...

I am impressed!

Keep on posting mama, those posts give me the kinda "it's for real, not just what they show on TV" feeling. Oh, and makes me babble like a teenager
Old 01-06-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
I've been having a really difficult time with staying positive. Not just staying positive, but believing. There's always this little doubt in the back of my mind messing me up. Another problem I've been having is I don't know what I want. I know alot of what I don't want, but not what I want.

Today I manifested two things. The other day when I was feeling super positive after watching, I was thinking of the different things I'd like. A friend was one of them. I didn't really envision who'd they be exactly, just that I wanted one. The only thing I did envision that I'd want is that they'd be Russian and have a daughter. I ran to the library today to pick up some books while my dd was taking a nap and dh was willing to stay home and watch her. And guess who I found? A Russian woman and her three year old daughter!!!!!!!!!! In our small town! We talked for such a long time and exchanged emails.

And then afterwards I came home, picked up dd and headed to grocery shop and manifested the perfect parking space!
Molodets! U menya toje tak skoro budet poluchat'sya
Old 01-06-2007, 07:30 AM

i think i might have manifested some fries on accident...

ive been thinking intensely on having some of these awesome organic steak fries with herbs and olive oil
for the past few days ive been thinking often of eating them, how they smell cooking, how they taste, the heat, the ketchup... everything.
and i was looking in the freezer and see a little bit of green plastic waaay in the back under some frozen veggies. it was a bag of fries way at the back.
this is very unusual, these fries do NOT last in this house.
this sounds crazy... but man they were delicious

Mother to Sandrel(oct 2003) and Liesl(mar 2006) and someone new coming February 2013

Old 01-06-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenluv View Post
She said "I see him on his feet after this, BUT only if he gets the knowledge only you can teach him."

Wow!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 01-06-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Wow!
I was coming to say the same exact thing!
Wow!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:38 PM

The best advice I can give to everyone on these Secret threads is this: Be aware of the signs (or feelings)-there WILL be signs (or feelings) along the way. If you encounter connecting paths pay attention because they act as confirmation that you are on the right path.

It is really truth when they say in the video that the Universe will realign itself to bring these experiences to you. All anyone really has to do is be open and alert to the opportunity.

banana.gif

Old 01-09-2007, 10:55 PM

I just wanted to bump this up! Plus share a few more: I've been getting amazing parking places lately! I love it!

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

Old 01-09-2007, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I just wanted to bump this up! Plus share a few more: I've been getting amazing parking places lately! I love it!
I love that, too! That and the green lights

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 01-10-2007, 05:16 AM

Parking spaces, check! Also a little cute one:

I was listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer on Hayhouse radio, one of his podcasts today. He mentioned that every time he saw a coin on the ground, he would pick it up, then thank the Universe for the reminder of how much abundance there is in the world, because that was how he saw finding money on the ground. Then he'd add the money to a fund that he donated to charity at the end of the year. I was thinking to myself how perfect that was.

We went out a bit later and were at a storage facility looking at some free chairs, and there on the ground was a penny. I picked it up and put it in my pocket, thanking the Universe for the reminder of abundance in the world.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Parking spaces, check! Also a little cute one:

I was listening to Dr. Wayne Dyer on Hayhouse radio, one of his podcasts today. He mentioned that every time he saw a coin on the ground, he would pick it up, then thank the Universe for the reminder of how much abundance there is in the world, because that was how he saw finding money on the ground. Then he'd add the money to a fund that he donated to charity at the end of the year. I was thinking to myself how perfect that was.

We went out a bit later and were at a storage facility looking at some free chairs, and there on the ground was a penny. I picked it up and put it in my pocket, thanking the Universe for the reminder of abundance in the world.
Oh, I love this! And how perfect is Wayne Dyer's plan for his found money! Reminds me of the saying "Find a penny, pick it up, and all that day you'll have good luck. Give that penny to a friend and your luck will never end."

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 01-10-2007, 12:10 PM

KM~ I didn't know there was more to that expression. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2007, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

chasmyn, that's so cool! Thanks for sharing

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 01-10-2007, 05:28 PM

I have been concentrating on manifesting clients lately. I have been saying

- I'm so happy that clients are calling me with new matters
- I'm so happy that other professionals are thinking of me when they have clients who need help
- I'm so happy that clients are happy to have me as their attorney and are glad to pay me for my services.

Well, in the past couple of days, an existing client has called me with a new matter, which turned into 3 new matters, and she is very happy with me (and always brings her checkbook to our meetings!)

An agency called me to assist them with a guardianship of a man who receives public benefits, and they were able to find some money in their general funds to pay me.

Another attorney called to ask me if I would serve as a guardian for 2 women , both of whom have the funds to pay me (a lot of times with guardianships there is very little money, and they can be quite time consuming.)

Old 01-10-2007, 05:37 PM

Some of you may not count this, but I personally count it very highly.

As it happens, I have been struggling severely with breastfeeding. It has taken me 10 weeks to get it established. Some people told me it wasn't meant to be, and there's no shame in giving up. Some (even the LC- great lady, but this wasn't the best thing she ever said to me) told me, "I can't believe you haven't given up yet. I wouldn't be doing all of this. I think maybe you're suffering some PPD." This was said because I was often in tears over the difficulty and the fear I would fail.

Well, in the meantime, I had kept seeing mentions of this movie, and kept ignoring them. Finally, I decided, oh fine, I'll watch it.

So, I did... and I began to envision myself with my dear Kira lovingly nursing at my breast, and how wonderful it felt. I began to focus on how "happy and grateful I am that breastfeeding Kira feels comfortable, easy, natural, and pleasant."

Now, I'm not 100% there yet, I have pain still. But we are nursing most of the day instead of nursing once and pumping most of the day. The pain is comparatively minimal and decreasing daily.

I no longer experience dread at just the THOUGHT of her latching on...

In fact, it is starting to feel... comfortable, easy, natural... and sometimes, even pleasant.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:44 PM

I think I manifested a copy of the Secret w/o really knowing how. I really want to see it but can't really afford it and want to see it on my schedule not on the one time download on my slow computer. So I thought of a way I could get it (I'm not going to tell the whole way) and well just thought I wonder if that's possible. Then a few days later someone offered a copy to me in that exact way. Now I'm awaiting it's arrival in the mail.

Just wanted to share. There have been other things in my life like this too. Years ago I took a temp job and really just had a feeling that it was going to change my life. I went into it believeing it would change my life for the good. I thought it would turn into a perm position and a great career. Well, I only worked there a short while but guess what, I met my future husband there! Now we are happily married for four years and I have a great 'career' as a Mommy.

Tara

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Old 01-10-2007, 05:48 PM

Amris--that is AWESOME and such a HUGE deal!!! Just think of how inspirational you can be to others having the same challenges. Once you have attained the b'feeding relationship you want with Kira-- which you TOTALLY WILL! -- you will have established your own new method of Lactation Consulting!! This could be your new life purpose! So many mamas could benefit from your experience! You rock, you awesome MAMA!!!!!

FeknFuzz -- Congrats on all your new clients!!!!!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

Old 01-10-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Oh yeah I'd count that!! Totally awesome, Mama! I got shivers just reading your post!

F&F... very cool! Congrats!

Tara... I think your job/husband story is an example of how the universe knows best and sometimes you can't even imagine the perfection coming your way. Sounds like you have very strong intuition.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 01-10-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
I have been concentrating on manifesting clients lately. I have been saying

- I'm so happy that clients are calling me with new matters
- I'm so happy that other professionals are thinking of me when they have clients who need help
- I'm so happy that clients are happy to have me as their attorney and are glad to pay me for my services.

Well, in the past couple of days, an existing client has called me with a new matter, which turned into 3 new matters, and she is very happy with me (and always brings her checkbook to our meetings!)

An agency called me to assist them with a guardianship of a man who receives public benefits, and they were able to find some money in their general funds to pay me.

Another attorney called to ask me if I would serve as a guardian for 2 women , both of whom have the funds to pay me (a lot of times with guardianships there is very little money, and they can be quite time consuming.)

pm'ing you!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:

As it happens, I have been struggling severely with breastfeeding. It has taken me 10 weeks to get it established. Some people told me it wasn't meant to be, and there's no shame in giving up. Some (even the LC- great lady, but this wasn't the best thing she ever said to me) told me, "I can't believe you haven't given up yet. I wouldn't be doing all of this. I think maybe you're suffering some PPD." This was said because I was often in tears over the difficulty and the fear I would fail.

Well, in the meantime, I had kept seeing mentions of this movie, and kept ignoring them. Finally, I decided, oh fine, I'll watch it.

So, I did... and I began to envision myself with my dear Kira lovingly nursing at my breast, and how wonderful it felt. I began to focus on how "happy and grateful I am that breastfeeding Kira feels comfortable, easy, natural, and pleasant."

Now, I'm not 100% there yet, I have pain still. But we are nursing most of the day instead of nursing once and pumping most of the day. The pain is comparatively minimal and decreasing daily.

In fact, it is starting to feel... comfortable, easy, natural... and sometimes, even pleasant.
That is great!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:

Awww, how wonderful mama! Just by reading your post I felt lots of good vibes, I am sure they will find their way towards you two
Old 01-13-2007, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I definitely count it! You've used the LOA in one of the absolute best ways you can! Way to go, mama!

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 01-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Hey all you Secret Success mamas!!! Here's your chance to tell your story on OPRAH!!!!! She's planning a show on The Secret!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:45 PM

we needed an extra £200 a month to pay off some debt and this week dh got a pay rise - £250 a month and my mum said i didn'thave to pay her back one of the debts i owed her. So although the cheques have not literally been coming through the post i am much better off. To be honest life is just so much more fun if you are positive about it.

Also it seems to me that every book i read seems to link to the LOA in some way - i just seem to tingle all over - its getting to the point where i'm looking at everything thinking 'did i manifest you?' And i look back at everything i have created in the past without even trying - its an amazing sensation to begin to understand the world.

I am so looking foward to bringing up my children believing anything is possible they are going to live in such a great world.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
Old 01-13-2007, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
we needed an extra £200 a month to pay off some debt and this week dh got a pay rise - £250 a month and my mum said i didn'thave to pay her back one of the debts i owed her. So although the cheques have not literally been coming through the post i am much better off. To be honest life is just so much more fun if you are positive about it.

Also it seems to me that every book i read seems to link to the LOA in some way - i just seem to tingle all over - its getting to the point where i'm looking at everything thinking 'did i manifest you?' And i look back at everything i have created in the past without even trying - its an amazing sensation to begin to understand the world.

I am so looking foward to bringing up my children believing anything is possible they are going to live in such a great world.
Yes! They are going to be able to live in the wonderful world that they create!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
Also it seems to me that every book i read seems to link to the LOA in some way - i just seem to tingle all over.
I have noticed this too! I have always been drawn to these type of books, but something about The Secret just laid it all out as being more logical rather than *new age* which it is usually classes as, whereas it's as OLD theory. I pretty much live with a constant buzz too now, even when I'm just doing my ordinary old thing I just feel so much lighter and I've adopted a small smile which I am working on having my face relax into rather than a straight *blah* face and that helps me operate at a higher level too.

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

Old 01-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Well, I've been meaning to post this here... and now I've also submitted it to Oprah! What a hoot!

Quote:
Since watching The Secret this past September, my life has changed radically. Words cannot even describe the shift in my perspective and the peace and joy that I now can finally let myself feel. In my life, 3 areas have been most clearly effected:

1. My Health: When I first watched The Secret, I was on 5 prescription medications and was facing an unavoidable hysterectomy for uterine fibroids that were large (think a grapefruit and some oranges) and also infected. Using The Secret, I started to focus on good health. Not just freedom from disease, but radiant good health from every cell in my body. Today, my fibroids have shrunk by about half, no trace of the infection that FOUR rounds of antibiotics could not touch, and I take only one prescription - thyroid, since I had mine removed years ago. One of the prescriptions was for Celexa - an antidepressant. I had struggled with PPD since the birth of my daughter, and now I feel no traces of this debilitating disease. It is just GONE. I also no longer need any drugs for hypertension or pre-diabetes. As a WONDERFUL side-effect, I have lost 10 pounds and continue to release the weight weekly. Without dieting, and more importantly, without any of the self-hate that I'd usually rely upon to starve myself into weight loss.

2. My Relationships: When I saw The Secret my family's relationships were at a low point. My husband and I bickered and everything was about what was going wrong in our lives. Even worse, my feelings toward my amazing baby girl were ambivalent at best. I was struggling with PPD and it was exasperated by her poor sleep and what I saw as clinginess. After watching The Secret, it was my relationship with my daughter that I focused on first. I decided that I would love her unconditionally, parent her with awe and joy, and that we would get plenty of good rest every night and wake up refreshed. To my absolute shock, it worked! Helen started sleeping through the night - 13 hours even! - and I felt like a new person, a new parent. Suddenly I was seeing her beauty, her amazing development, and just loving being with her. Now, just starting out on the supposedly "terrible twos" I feel closer to her than ever. I showed my husband The Secret and now we are also enjoying a renewed love and appreciation for one another. The bickering? Gone, like all the other 'infections' in my life...

3. My Career: I opted to leave paid work to stay home with my daughter. It was the right choice, but I also felt shut out of a career change I had longed to make. After The Secret, I decided I wouldn't go back to my old line of work at all - just jump wholeheartedly into the new one - Environmental Education. Well, I saw a job posting that very same week. I normally would have passed the posting by as it was a low-pay, low-prestige position. But suddenly I saw the opportunity where I wouldn't have before. I got the job, and through my contacts there I found out about an educational farm that was being proposed at a local school district. I lead the charge to get that farm started, and now - 5 months later - am slated to become the Program Director of one of the most innovative environmental education projects ever conceived.

Whether you think you can or you can't - etiher way you are right" - Henry Ford
Old 01-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
Well, I've been meaning to post this here... and now I've also submitted it to Oprah! What a hoot!
That is an awesome letter and gave me goosebumps!

I can't wait to see you on Oprah.

You know what I was thinking after I read your letter? I lurked here for a long time w/out posting and I remember you first talking about that job opportunity. I read your posts and posts by other mamas here and thought good things for you all. It's as if you all are a part of my life even though you don't know it.

Then I thought, wouldn't it be cool for Oprah to do a show about us - MDC mamas? How we are really so intimately entwined by the nature of this forum and how many many friends I have made here, even though I don't know 1/2 of their real names!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
What a fantastic journey! BTW, your dd and my dd share the same birthday.

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

User Tag List