"The Secret" Successes - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fek&fuzz your story reminds me how good is coming to us all the time, we just have to stop blocking it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Banned

My huge success!

I set the intention of becoming a LOA life coach and I got my first client within a week!
#243 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
Well, my bf is normally very negative. On Sunday morning we were at my house and he said he was thinking about all the people who owe him money (he has his own plumbing company.) I said "What if you imagined all those people paying you. The checks coming in the mail." So we started talking about it - the mailman noticing all the checks, his bookkeeper wearing the numbers off the adding machine typing in all the numbers, etc. Then we moved on.

Later that night he called and said "Remember what we were talking about this morning?" I thought, well, the mail doesn't come on Sundays... "One of my customers just stopped by with a check for $2600.00!"

Wow, he didn't fool around with his manifesting!!
AWESOME!
#244 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
My huge success!

I set the intention of becoming a LOA life coach and I got my first client within a week!
:
#245 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 05:45 PM

My successes for the week!

-Wayne Dyer audio CD - in my hands within 16 hours (over night) of asking.
-Level I Reiki Attunement - happened within four hours of asking.
-Belly Dancing Lessons - free, in my own building! I made a call on the weekend, and just got a call back to arrange details. I'll be gathering the people together and in exchange, the class will not cost me anything!
-Opportunity to work on a really, really, really cool project with really, really, really cool people!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#246 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 09:56 PM

By the way, I manifested "the right name" for my daughter before she was born, and before I knew about The Secret. I wanted a name that came from HER, not just to pick something, you know?

This is from my blog:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris
So, here I am yesterday, sitting at work, minding my own business, when I get this e-mail from you-know-who.

He says, "Our baby's name is going to be *name*." (we'll get to the name in a minute)

So, I respond with the typical things, "Will people be able to pronounce spell, etc. that?" and we go through that discussion.

Then he says, "Do you know why that is going to be her name?" (Yes, he said IS)

So, of course, I responded with, "No, dear, I don't know why we're discussing maybe having that as her name."

This was his response... first I will tell you the response, then I will explain why it gave me goosebumps...

Because Kira = Sun/Light, and Marie = Bitter Sea. So we have Kira Marie = The place where the light meets the sea.

The point? I'm a Scorpio, and he's an Aries. According to Zodiacical lore, water and fire signs can't have good relationships. So, in our early relationship, we took some time to figure out why it was that us two traditionally opposing signs were so wonderfully suited to each other. In the end, we decided that the analogy of a Lighthouse fit perfectly...

You never see a Lighthouse without the sea, what would be the point? And, like John, the lighthouse is a steady, constant companion, through sun, rain, moonless nights... And like the sea, I am tempestous, impetuous, yet as predictable as the tides.

The first time that John and I went to Nubble Lighthouse, the sea was dark and gray, great waves crashing against the shore, sending spray into the air, with a cold wind whipping across the top... a "Bitter Sea." And yet, there stood the Lighthouse, still lit despite the cold and damp. Always beside the Sea, waiting for her to come in on the tide, and recede again, only to return again and again.

And so we sat, beginning our new lives, in the place where the Light meets the Sea.
Marie, by the way, is my mother's name, who died when I was 6. I REALLY wanted that for a middle name...
#247 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 10:01 PM

Amris, I grew up staring at Nubble Light house from Cow Beach!
I love the name Kira Marie, it's beautiful!
#248 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 PM

Amris, that is beautiful!
#249 of 321 Old 02-26-2007, 10:30 PM

Wow.

Thank you for sharing that. What a beautiful gift!

My ds is named after his great-grandfather and my brother.

My dh's grandma ws an amazing lady who lived to 99. The very last time I spoke to her was from the delivery room after ds's birth. She asked the baby's name - shs could barely speak at that point - and when I told her, my MIL said she was "radiant". She died when we were on our way to see her with ds, two weeks later.

My brother killed himself when I was 16. Ds - a manifested (and longed-for) baby if there ever was one! - was conceived on the 25th anniversary of his death. I know that was no accident!
#250 of 321 Old 02-27-2007, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
By the way, I manifested "the right name" for my daughter before she was born, and before I knew about The Secret. I wanted a name that came from HER, not just to pick something, you know?

This is from my blog:

Marie, by the way, is my mother's name, who died when I was 6. I REALLY wanted that for a middle name...
Amris, that is an awesome story! DH is a Cancer (water), and I am an Aries. I love the lighthouse analogy!
#251 of 321 Old 02-27-2007, 09:32 AM

Amris you are such an elegant and uplifting writer.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#252 of 321 Old 02-27-2007, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Amris, that is so beautiful!

now I feel silly posting what I came here to post, but I'm going to do it anyway.....

I've been manifesting meeting people who are positive about the life choices I've made, specifically being a SAHM and homeschooling. We are on a business trip with DH this week and last night we were in the hot tub at the hotel. We started chatting a women in the hot tub. She is on a training trip for her job, she is single, blah blah blah and she asked about us. DH told her a little bit about his job, and I told her what I do. She said, "that is so great! My boyfriend and I are getting serious and we've already talked about this stuff. I really want to stay home with my kids and I really think I want to homeschool." It was so nice! We had a lovely chat.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#253 of 321 Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 AM

We went furniture window shopping the other day just to see what was out there. We came across a huge chair recliner type thing...like a "person and a half" type chair. I fell in love with it and told hubby that's perfect for him and me to sit together on and we had to have one down the line!

A week or so later, we go into this thrift store and find one of those chairs (without the reclining part...which is okay) in decent condition for $20. We bought it! It is my favorite piece of furniture in my house! lol
#254 of 321 Old 02-27-2007, 10:50 AM

After our son was born my husband put on thirty pounds in that first year. He has been working 5x a week for the past few weeks to try to get to his prebaby weight. Over the last few months there was very little result. Clearly running five miles a day and weight lifting had to been having some impact, but it was not showing up on the scale (weight and body fat percentage) at all. Anyway, after we saw The Secret he started doing a mantra to be grateful for his healthy body, and he also decided that he was going to get on the scale on Saturday and have lost five pounds since his last weigh in. On Saturday he was the exact weight he manifested.
#255 of 321 Old 02-27-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
My huge success!

And I manifested myself an LOA life coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
-Belly Dancing Lessons - free, in my own building! I made a call on the weekend, and just got a call back to arrange details. I'll be gathering the people together and in exchange, the class will not cost me anything!
oooo, I want this!! You're so lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Gorgeous, and so touching, as always. Your dh sounds as amazing as you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenandavery View Post
He has been working 5x a week for the past few weeks to try to get to his prebaby weight.
Go hubby!
#256 of 321 Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM

I manifested a positive trip to a particular office that I'd been dreading. I worked on not thinking about the stuff that made me feel bad, just being joyful and easy and not thinking about it, being positive about the ultimate goal.

When I went the guy there was especially relaxed and full of jokes. The waiting room was empty, though it filled up right after we arrived. He did some extra work so that we wouldn't have to pay a fee I'd already paid since I didn't have the receipt (not sure I ever got one). Even the basic thing was, as usual, easier than I expected. And then he didn't charge me for one of the forms so I saved ten bucks too!

#257 of 321 Old 03-03-2007, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

So Amris has 24 hours to post her success, and then I'm going to post it for her.

Hint hint (in case she somehow doesn't know what I'm referring to): The Universe likes speed

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#258 of 321 Old 03-05-2007, 02:25 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
My huge success!

An LOA life coach? How do you do this? Is there training? I'm just learning all about the Secret. I saw it on Thursday but I'm all excited about it. Can you PM me more info about this LOA life coach stuff. I've definately caught the fire.!
Thanks
!
Chrissy

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#259 of 321 Old 03-07-2007, 05:41 PM

Hey, I manifested some jalapenos!

A pp mentioned how she was trying to manifest some cool mail. (Sorry, I have no idea who the pp is or when/where I read that.) Anyway, I thought that was a good idea so I set my mind to getting something good in the mail. Well, for the past 3 days my mailbox has been empty. Then I got an e-mail out of the blue from a friend in Texas saying that today she mailed out a care package of jalapenos and chipotle peppers and I should get it soon.

Yum!

thank you S and thank you universe!
#260 of 321 Old 03-07-2007, 06:51 PM

Yeah! I've been doing great with manifesting money in my letterbox and felt I needed to report on it.

I was a bit skeptical of cheques arriving in the box as I really wasn't expecting any, so focused on Money coming my way instead.

Well, within 2 days and over the next two weeks I received:

One reassessment of a govt child subsidy which has increased by $6 per wk (Ok, not much, but it's all good!)

My computer broke down and the technician had it for a week and I was freaking it was going to cost a lot of $$ (but did my LoA thinking), he came back to me and only charged one hours work for data transfer as he didn't find the problem and it ended up being covered under warranty.

A different govt subsidy assessment arrived in the post yesterday and that has also gone up by $20 per week

I received a shareholder rebate from my power company for $282.

Then I was after buying a permaculture gardening book and the cheapest I had found it anywhere was quite high, I then noticed on a message board I belong to that someone posted a place where it was available for $15 less than elsewhere!

So I'm feeling the love of the universe at the moment! :

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

#261 of 321 Old 03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Banned

it's hard for me to say what i've manifested because something shows up about every two or three minutes that i wanted to manifest one way or another. it's pretty awesome.
#262 of 321 Old 03-07-2007, 07:05 PM

I manifested a DDDDC I was on one of the LOA threads and noticed that every person on the page had a DDDDC except me. I wasn't negative or upset, I just noticed it and thought about how I'd like one too. I didn't type that out, just thought it to myself.

The very - next - day - a DDDDC appeared! How cool is that
#263 of 321 Old 03-07-2007, 07:39 PM

I intended to find a way to become a professional homeopath one morning. (I had wanted to do this for a very long time, but thought it would never happen because of the expense and the travel time away from family) By that afternoon, I was enrolled in a very highly regarded homeopathic school. I do all my work from home. And get this~ the same day I intended this, our tax return was deposited into our account, and it was enough to cover my tuition plus my books for the first year. It was like this opportunity had been waiting and waiting outside my door for me to finally decide I would let go of my perceived limitations and when I did, it rushed right in!
#264 of 321 Old 03-07-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
I intended to find a way to become a professional homeopath one morning. (I had wanted to do this for a very long time, but thought it would never happen because of the expense and the travel time away from family) By that afternoon, I was enrolled in a very highly regarded homeopathic school. I do all my work from home. And get this~ the same day I intended this, our tax return was deposited into our account, and it was enough to cover my tuition plus my books for the first year. It was like this opportunity had been waiting and waiting outside my door for me to finally decide I would let go of my perceived limitations and when I did, it rushed right in!
Ok, that rocks!
#265 of 321 Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 PM

My husband and I aren't working now, so checks aren't something we get, but I decided to try to manifest some. Well, my husband got a check for $20 for his birthday and our insurance company over charged us and sent us a refund for $23! And we're expecting our tax refund! Yaaaay!

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

#266 of 321 Old 04-09-2007, 02:19 PM

Something very cool just happened. :-)

I'm 27 years old. Back in middle school I had a very dear friend. He was actually my best friend. That age is so tumultuous anyway, but of course I had feelings for this best friend...I was over at his house all the time, he was the first boy I ever french kissed, and yes, I'd even go so far as to say my 'first love' dispite the knowledge in retrospect that I was probably too young to really understand what that meant.

As it turned out, freshman year, he told me he thought he was gay.

I was raised in a very conservative, Christian home and believed sexual orientation was a choice, it was wrong/sinful, and I had feelings for him to boot so suffice it to say that I was not the supportive, understanding friend I should have been. In fact, I was devastated.

I remember seeing him at a friend's house, shortly after our falling out, and hearing of his experimentation and being terrified he was going to get AIDS and die; he was exploring with significantly older males, and not being terribly safe about it. I just couldn't cope. I saw him one other time, during high school, when he came rushing out of a store where he worked ("Things Remembered", ironically) because he saw me pass by. He tried to talk to me, we hugged, and I started crying and had to escape. That was the last time I saw or spoke to him.

I'm sure we all have things in our past that we regret, but as I've grown older and my views have liberalized, I've really felt the need to make piece with this guy. I wanted to apologize. I wanted him to know how much I'd changed. I looked for him online...posted an ad on craigslist...called people with his last name in the phonebook, hoping someone would be related to him/know where to find him. No dice.

So, Easter Sunday I'm over at my parent's house and my sister mentions offhandedly, "Oh, you'll never believe who I found on myspace. Someone you used to know. Guess." He was my first guess. And, I was right. Sure enough. I looked at his profile. He looked different. Last time I saw him he was going through puberty. He's a very nice looking man, now...I never would have recognized him.

I went home, read over his entire profile, watched his videos, and sent him a PM. I reminiced about my first kiss and my first love and apologized for not having been the friend I should have been. I said I'd love to catch up if he felt so inclined, that I suspect we have a lot in common these days. I didn't add him as a friend because I didn't want to assume; we parted poorly.

This morning I woke up to a friend's request & a short note saying he'd love to talk to me and would call me soon. <Deep breaths>

I know this may sound silly, because it was long ago and we were so young, but I've really never stopped thinking about him and wishing I could make things right. It also seems a little ironic that this transpired on a day we celebrate resurrection.

Even more interesting, he's very into yoga, The Secret's "Law of Attraction", paying attention to serendipity---it's actually what his entire myspace profile is dedicated to!!! The last time I'd thought about him, I'd just decided to leave it to the universe, that if I was meant to reconnect with him it would happen. I truly believed, if he was alive, it would.

Gives me chills.

Jen
#267 of 321 Old 04-09-2007, 02:37 PM

Jen, that is just so wonderful! I hope this is a beautiful healing experience for both of you. Thank you for so much for sharing.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#268 of 321 Old 04-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Jen,

That really is a beautiful story. I'm glad you shared.
#269 of 321 Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Jen,
Wow! What a story! I bet he was manifesting meeting with you, too! That is so cool. Thanks for sharing.
#270 of 321 Old 04-09-2007, 04:03 PM

Jen, that is FANTASTIC!!! IT brought tears to my eyes. What a gift, to be able to reconnect with your friend after all these years and start anew. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page