"The Secret" Successes - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 321 Old 12-29-2006, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Despite there being quite a few threads on The Secret, I haven't seen one like this. I always enjoy hearing about experiences people have with The Secret, stories they'd like to share, things they have manifested. It helps keep me in a positive point of view.

So, let's share! Got any stories involving The Secret?

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#2 of 321 Old 12-29-2006, 10:35 PM

Well, the Secret has been helping me sleep better. I have added parts of it to my nightly routine - after reading and lights out and wrapping a big soft blanket around my head to keep me warm, and saying "our father" - I then go through all the things I'm thankful for, and then I do my visualizations of all the ways I want my life to be. It's so calming, and replaces so much of the worrying that I used to do, and I fall asleep so much faster and sleep so much better.
#3 of 321 Old 12-30-2006, 10:48 AM

My DH is a secret success story and has been for years.

He wanted X amount of dollars for retirement, financial advisor said it's already there and he's not even 40 years old yet.

He wanted to start a business. He did. He wanted his business to *look* and *be* like this and that....Etc, Etc, Etc.

This man that I married is so visionary that it use to get on my nerves. But now, I realize, he's just working THE SECRET.....and I'm blessed to have been on board with him.

And I got my quarter the other day that I requested from the Universe!
#4 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 12:26 AM
DBZ

Well I've only learned about it recently so the bigger things that will happen are still down the road a bit, but there are little things.

Right after watching this I was with the baby's dad and his mom. We were going to a mall to buy dd a snow suit just before xmas. I pictured a parking spot 2 spots away from the grassy island by the door. It was the first thing I had ever intentionally tried to manifest. I must say that parking in the spot I had envisioned gave me goose bumps.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#5 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 02:45 AM

<-------------

Some time ago, I thought it would be a nifty thing to become a Senior Member at MDC!

#6 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 02:50 AM

I *always* get the best parking spot. Always, always, always. It's uncanny. DH says I'm wasting my orders, but it's important to me to get a good parking spot. I have three kids to shlep around!

I'm a self-published author. I think, hmm, I will sell x amounts of books this week... and it shows up in Paypal. I picture checks coming in the mail, and they do. Sometimes they're small (today one was for $2.80) and sometimes more sizeable ($90). But every bit helps!
#7 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 03:01 AM

My successes are small so far, theres a story about an icecream maker I manifested in my blog and tonight when we were at FIL's he gave us the new blender for xmas that Ive been needing for months now.
#8 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 03:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quick short success story from today- I've been planning on getting together with some friends, and this morning they called and said they most likely wouldn't be able to make it. I refused to believe it, and kept visualizing us seeing each other tonight, telling myself I needed to start getting ready in X amount of hours, etc...well, about an hour before we were scheduled to meet, they finally called and said that they actually could come. I just got back from a very fun evening with them.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#9 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 09:37 AM

The very first day I watched The Secret I decided I wanted a house. So I put together my list of features and threw it out to the universe. The next day, I told a girlfriend as we were sitting at the park - went through my list and was giggling to her about how exciting it is knowing that this house I'm describing is out there waiting for me, even if I don't know where it is! The very next morning I'm relaying this conversation to some other friends at playgroup, and one friend turns to me and says that the exact house I'm describing is available in her back yard! Yep - pretty much fit my list exactly! (The house is still not on the market, and the executor of the estate is going to call me in the new year when he's ready to deal with it.)

Smaller example... I was walking down the street with the kids enjoying the day and thinking random thoughts, when I decided I'd like to learn to read auras. That evening I was on a web site (about a completely different subject) and there was a free eBook on how to read auras! I particularly loved this example because it really was me just shooting off an order and forgetting about it, and it came so quickly!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#10 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 10:11 AM

I haven't actually seen The Secret, but I think I understand the concept and I have a story.

Last January some friends and I talked about this stuff and we all decided to write a list of what we want the most and can visualize to 'send it out into the universe'. I wrote down maybe 15 things, some small but one huge one. I wrote, "I want a one family house in this neighborhood or one like it, with a sunnier yard, near the lake, near parks, on the bus route." At the time we were living in an old two family house with a very shady yard.

I had completely forgotten about the list, it was on my livejournal, until I was reading back through the archives the other day and I found it. In August we bought a house and the new house fits the description on my list in EVERY way. Every little detail! I wrote "near parks", and there is a park right outside our front door, another one street over and another 5 streets over! Our yard and house is so sunny and bright and we are in roughly the same neighborhood. I am near the lake, it's only 5 houses to the north and there's a park on the shore.

I truly believe this house came to us because I was able to visualize it in such detail.

Pretty much everything on the list was stuff we had gotten in the last year, the only stuff that we didn't get was stuff I no longer want and healthy skin. I will be working on the healthy skin this year!

flowersforyou.gif

#11 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 10:40 AM

when we built our house, we chose its location because we only have one neighbor on the right side of our house (the other side is a landscaped common area.) Those neighbors are very nice people, and one day this summer my heart dropped into my stomach when I saw an uberly coiffed woman get out of a Benz and go into their house. Sure enough, two nights later there was a for sale sign in their yard. Long story short-I did my thing, and six months later they've taken it off the market and reconsidered. They had actually gotten an offer two weeks after putting it on the market, but the person backed out three days before escrow. After all that happened, they decided the potential gain they would make from selling wasn't worth it-they really wanted to stay. And that's all what I asked for.
#12 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 10:56 AM

Dare I say, Mata, I just manifested YOU! I was just emptying out my pm box when I came across your name and wondered how you were and BAM! here you are!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#13 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Dare I say, Mata, I just manifested YOU! I was just emptying out my pm box when I came across your name and wondered how you were and BAM! here you are!

and I just read your wonderful birth story-I loved your description of the first breakfast! sorry you had those painful challenges during your recovery.
#14 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgundyElephant View Post
I *always* get the best parking spot. Always, always, always. It's uncanny. DH says I'm wasting my orders, but it's important to me to get a good parking spot. I have three kids to shlep around!
"Wasting" would imply that there is a limited amount of good stuff/opportunities/abundance/etc., which I no longer believe.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#15 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Honey View Post
I had completely forgotten about the list, it was on my livejournal, until I was reading back through the archives the other day and I found it.
I was reading Attila the Honey's lj, and it prompted me to take a look at a list of baby supplies I wrote back in July. I'd gotten everything on the "need" part of the list (except for a convertible car seat, which we still have some time on before it becomes a true need), and much of the "would be nice" list. And much of this was stuff I chanced upon, not gifts from friends.

Later that day, my husband FINALLY decided to get the trunk of baby stuff out of storage, and I got some cloth diapers off of freecycle (two more of the things on the list )

I didn't actually hear anything about The Secret until September, and didn't watch it until October, but shortly before I wrote the list, the teacher of a (unrelated) class I was taking mentioned the Law of Attraction, and I guess that primed me.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#16 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 03:46 PM

We have been talking about moving out of state or years but dh and I could just not seem to do it, 6 weeks after watching the movie we were moving to the place I'd wanted to move to all along.
#17 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 03:58 PM

:

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#18 of 321 Old 12-31-2006, 04:32 PM

I manifested a dry, close, underground parking space a couple nights before Christmas at the mall on a cold rainy night. It was really nice.

I also manifested a win in a holiday helper raffle! That was really cool ... it actually still makes me smile and chuckle when I picture myself opening the email and seeing "Congratulations!"

Oh, and back in high school, I know I conciously manifested my college admission.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#19 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 03:08 AM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
I also manifested a win in a holiday helper raffle! That was really cool ... it actually still makes me smile and chuckle when I picture myself opening the email and seeing "Congratulations!"
Oh I did that too! What did you win? I wrote on the raffle thread that I was going to win something. I wasn't ballsy enough to write, "I want to win diapers and mama pads" so I left that part off. I won a psychic reading. I can't wait to do it because I've never participated in one before.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#20 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 03:48 AM

I manifested more time with DH

For the past few weeks he was actually "in my way" getting online and stuff

I also manifested the actual celebration of Christmas although everything was against it - DH was supposed to work night shift, we don't have any family nearby and not too many friends around all of whom were busy with their lives.

Then... Dh decides to stop working early and comes home at 9:30... WITH a friend who just returned from his 1/2 year trip !

We had fun
#21 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 04:03 AM

I just watched the google version of The Secret today since we can't download the view once version on the official website here in New Zealand and to import a copy is spendy.

Anyhow, I've been visualising for years (after reading Shakti Gawain's Creative Visualization about 15yrs ago).

I have created both houses that I have brought - with our current house, as soon as I walked in the front door I knew it was the one. I then found my 'wish list' a few years later and every aspect on it matched.

I have used this for finding most of my homes and renting with others. I have noticed though if I don't get specific enough that it leaves things quite open to interpretation with the universe (eg. I created one place where I was to live with others, created my wish list based on my previous living experiences, but didn't factor in 'security' (as there had been no indication it had been an issue with other places) and the place I chose, the other people were too lax on closing windows when no one was home or at nights (and I even had a large amount of money stolen out of my check account by one of the people which is just not the kind of thing that happens to me) so when I created my next home I factored this in and the next home was a perfect match and even came with a house alarm and the person already living there was pretty anal about it and I lived there several yeas until he sold the house lol!).

I also created dh - he turned up as a friend of a friend.

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

#22 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 04:26 AM

i manifested a beautiful home in the country on 17 acres of land and still only 12 minutes from town (on my treasure map) the house we sold brought us more money than we ever thought we could get so we also ended up paying off all our debt (except our mortgage ) and bought a beautiful solid pine bedroom set (also on my treasure map).

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#23 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I also manifested a win in a holiday helper raffle!
I did that, too, a few days ago, only I won lip balm in a hyena cart lottery.

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#24 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I also manifested a win in a holiday helper raffle!
Me too! I got one thing that I really put my intention on, and then I actually won two other things as well. The first win wasn't a surprise - I loved that "I knew it!!" feeling of excitement when I got the email. The other two were a little shocking.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#25 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 04:00 PM

The more I read about The Secret, I've realized thats how I got my house. We had lived in the city for years, paid to send kids to a Catholic school because the school system was crap and always wanted to move to where dh grew up: the 'burbs. We listed our house a few years back, and got no offers, nothing. Made an offer on a house we loved, on a main road though, and lost it because ours didn't sell. Our realtor was very laid back, wouldn't even call the one couple who took a second look, so that was that.

Then we had baby #5. Started sorta talking about looking for a new house so we looked online, went and saw one, it needed a LOT of work, was kinda small, nice yard and barn...made an offer, rejected. Mind you we hadn't even begun to clean up or anything on our house..... then I saw THE house. Old, built in 1832, hardwood floors, four fireplaces, one acre yard, a bench swing outside, tire swing in another old tree......went and looked at it and its a mess. BUT I sat in the swing, dreaming about living here. I drove by a million times staring at that swing, peeking in the windows when no cars in the driveway.
It was a little more than our price range. But we did it, made another offer. Cleaned our house top to bottom: IT SOLD AT THE OPEN HOUSE and here we are.
#26 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Just a quick one- I manifested "Put Your Records On" (my current feel-good song) by Corinne Bailey Rae twice today.

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#27 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 10:03 PM

I just manifested happiness out of sadness. Well, really I just became really grateful.

My DP's daughter is here for Christmas break. She is leaving on Wed. Whenever she gets here there's a little adjustment period and she and I feel a bit weird around each other, but by the end of the weekend, which we all just spent together, she was asking me not to leave.

But, I had to come home, and as soon as I walked in the door I burst into tears. I had a nice little cry and then I just started saying "I'm so grateful that my heart feels this pain because it means that I love her. I'm so grateful to be sad that the weekend is over because it means that we all had such a nice time. I'm so grateful for all the time I get to spend with her."

I because I .
#28 of 321 Old 01-01-2007, 10:25 PM

oh, f&f that is beautiful!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#29 of 321 Old 01-02-2007, 02:18 AM

I watched 'the secret' about 4 weeks ago with a friend.
My marriage was really rocky. We had been seperated for about 3 weeks and had just decided to work things out a few days before.
I have been manifesting happiness in my life, and a loving man in my life (expecting the universe to deliver my husband back) and the past month has been amazing.
I have disfused many arguements, and breakdowns that would happen daily.
My happiness has rubbed off on dh, cause we are doing better than we have in years...

I made a list of things that I wanted to manifest. One was a new camera. Then on xmas eve my son put my camera in a glass of tea. And with the holiday the next day I couldn't go without a camera and dh had worked a 70 hour week a few weeks back and we had just gotten the check so we had the money and the reason.... I didn't connect it at first, but its so obvious...

mother to E-(8).... A-(6) .... & N-(5)
Vivian Claire born 3-11-10.... ...still an , extendedmomma :
#30 of 321 Old 01-02-2007, 04:40 AM

I had another one today!

We decided to go and buy dd a big bed - I had in mind $500 was what I was going to spend (I'm in NZ, so don't worry about the value ). The ones I really liked were around $700, so I picked the one I liked and we just decided to go with that. Anyway, they had told us there was a 10% discount already, but by the time they put it all through on the computer, it seemed that the mattress we picked was actually $100 cheaper than was on the label and there was an extra 10% off - bed total $508!

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page