January Pagan Moms' Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 583 Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am SO jealous of you mamas with snow!!!
we were supposed to have 1-2" today--winter storm advisory even-- and....NOTHING. nada. zip. i'm SO sad we hardly get any as it is, and ds and i SO get our hopes up when they announce it. i'm so bummed.

so.....i got a photo onto photobucket! yay me! now how do i get it on here? just put a link? i'll try this:

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ndRioPWW06.jpg

see if you can access that! lemme know!

Maiasaura
aka pamela

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#482 of 583 Old 01-25-2007, 11:45 PM

i just tried it! it works, it works! yippee!

maia.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#483 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 12:26 AM

Yep *waves* We can see you hehehe!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#484 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 04:30 AM

Karen, your school idea sounds great! We are leaning very strongly towards homeschooling, but I would so consider a Pagan or Buddhist school.
#485 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 05:09 AM

Maia:

Hot mama! :
#486 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 AM

Hi mamas,

We are planning on homeschooling also. DH is pretty nervous because of his poor school experience and not having a whole lot of confidence if being a teacher. He is a born teacher, just not in the traditional, "You must learn it my way" thank goodness. He is reading chapter books to our ds now and both are loving the time together. Both have wild imaginations so it should be interesting to see the things they come up with in the years to come. DH is also an artist and he will sit and draw with ds (dd still thinks crayons and markers have flavor and nutritional value, so drawing with her can be very challenging!). My boys were drawing for over an hour together coming up with some very cool story lines. The drawing is so good for dh because he has little time to express himself as an artist now that he is a sahd.

We have snow. but not nearly as much as we usually have in western ny this time of year.
#487 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Pamela, great pic! Your ds is so cute!! Love his hair!
#488 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 10:54 AM

Thanks for correcting my spelling ladies....you would think i could spell buddhist correctly. *oy*

Mercyn- how long have you had your hair long? I am thinking of gorwing mine long...I had it past my shoulders in 2000 but I just got tired of it but now...maybe it would be nice, kinda the new crunchy me look.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr- I swear their are icicles on my nose. negative 10 today. *ick*

We are technincally homeschooling and dd attends pre-k half day, it was my attempt at seeing if I would like our school district.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#489 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 11:45 AM

Freezing cold and barely a hint of snow...bleh! They promised lake effect and what do we get? A half inch of shiny ice flakes and negative temps. Ah well, it's pretty from the inside at least!

Mercyn- adorable! Oh my goodness!

I wish I could grow my hair long again...it was down past my butt as a kid, and stayed sort of bra-strap length until I was an exchange student in Turkey. I had a "communication problem" with a hair dresser and wound up with a partially shaved head...thank goodness for a culture in which head scarves are common! (I'm pretty sure he just didn't like Americans...it was such a BIG "mistake" in communication that I really don't believe it was an "oops").

Anyway, I got back to the states in '93 only to find that my stubble and bangs look was "in"! I've tried growing it out again but it takes forever to grow (even when pregnant, I didn't get my hair shortened for an entire year and it didn't make it past my ears) and eventually I just give up and have my "punky elf sprite" style back. Though as a nice mature mama with a "serious" job I no longer dye it the "fun" colors.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#490 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 12:02 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm losing the baby. So the fake cheerfulness thing isn't working so well for me today.

A Buddhist school?? How cool would that be?!?

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#491 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 12:18 PM

Jen~ So sorry!!

Maia~ what a sweet picture!

Stay warm all you east coast mamas! I went outside a couple days ago and it was warm. Red wing black birds were singing like mad from the tree tops. A wave of Spring feeling hit me. Wow- it can be powerful! It used to drive me nearly crazy in my teens and early 20s. But, Spring here in Oregon is very long and very wet. We can't count on sun until July! :

Blessings to all!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#492 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 12:31 PM

Jen- Oh hon...

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#493 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 02:09 PM

oh, sweetie. huge huge hugs. sending soothing thoughts your way.
and i love your idea. thanks, chica.

homeschooling. unschooling. things that intrigue me that i need to look into......

sunny and warmer here.... going to a "mineral madness" event this weekend. i want to get something for my alter.... and maybe one for mom's too. very exicted.

i'm in a very schnuggly coffeehaus kinda mood today. i wish i could bake us all a batch of yummy scones (cherry almond are my signature ones), and we could just chill and drink loads of coffee and eat baked goods.

oh! and i think my photos might be working...... sigh. so time to switch from yahoo. here is one of all four of us.....
#494 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 02:16 PM

I'm so sorry Jen...that's where I was just a few months ago. Big zen hugs and hopes for speedy healing.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#495 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 02:22 PM

Jen- I am so very sorry. Sending you healing/comforting energy.
#496 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 02:56 PM

I'm so sorry, Jen.
#497 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 07:31 PM

Hugs and peace to you Jen. I'm so very sorry.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#498 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Thanks for correcting my spelling ladies....you would think i could spell buddhist correctly. *oy*
Lol actually I didn't notice that you didn't spell it right I just recently had to look it up (my sponsor child is Buddhist and I didn't want to butcher the spelling) before that I had all sorts of interesting creative spellings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Anyway, I got back to the states in '93 only to find that my stubble and bangs look was "in"! I've tried growing it out again but it takes forever to grow (even when pregnant, I didn't get my hair shortened for an entire year and it didn't make it past my ears) and eventually I just give up and have my "punky elf sprite" style back. Though as a nice mature mama with a "serious" job I no longer dye it the "fun" colors.
Awww why can't nice mature mama's with serious jobs have fun too hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm losing the baby. So the fake cheerfulness thing isn't working so well for me today.
I'm very sorry Jen Take care of yourself and don't worry aout being cheery, you're entitled to have & express your grief hun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemommy View Post
i'm in a very schnuggly coffeehaus kinda mood today. i wish i could bake us all a batch of yummy scones (cherry almond are my signature ones), and we could just chill and drink loads of coffee and eat baked goods.
THAT sounds fabulous! I'll be right over

It's birthday party day here today, so I'm decorating the cake, making a zillion sammiches, fruit skewers, veggies & dips today. We're going the healthy route as opposed to 'fairy bread' (white bread, spread with butter, with those feral multicolour sprinkles covering it! YUCK) Have to do a bit of tidying up as well.. and I have my almost 3yo to 'help' aren't I lucky?

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#499 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 08:49 PM

...so sorry Jen. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers (a pagan that prays, that's me.)
#500 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igraine View Post

(a pagan that prays, that's me.)
Me too! Every single day actually.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#501 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers (a pagan that prays, that's me.)
Pagans pray. We just may not pray to others idea of what god is.

Jen, I'm sorry. Take the time you need to grieve.
#502 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 10:27 PM

My boys may have been exposed to measles. I think it's measles but the mom does not want to take her children to the Dr for a diagnosis. We'll see what happens in two weeks.

I don't know if I could handle snow anymore. I've lived here so long my blood has thinned. It was a high of 61 today and I've been freezing all day.
#503 of 583 Old 01-26-2007, 11:31 PM

oh, man, jen!!! i'm so sorry i can't say that i know what you are going through. but i can offer friendship and cyber hugs and i have heard of some rituals you can use when you are feeling up to it.

thanks, mamas, for all the compliments!!
actually ds had a haircut.....the one in the photo he has waist length hair, and he'd cut the front parts, so that's all you see in the photo. i'm trying to upload photos of his haircut. it looks good, but my little bitty boy is all gone!

oh. brendon. i have had my hair long since i stopped having a mohawk back in...hmm. 1993? it's actually permed. my hair is straight as an arrow. but the color's natural. i imagine all my wrinkles and gray hair is going to happen all at once but i hope not! i can tell in the photo that i'm starting to get slightly wrinkly. oh well. time marches on. i'm glad it's taking so long. OTOH, i'm so used to NOT looking my age that i'm worried that i won't handle it well!

Maiasaura
aka pamela

#504 of 583 Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 AM

Jen, we are all huddled around you offering love and support and embracing you with loving arms.

Ladies, some healing energy out into the universe, if you would . . . I just found out that my best friend & soul sister crashed a snowmobile into a tree last Friday. She was being kept in a medically induced coma for the last week to allow her body a chance to heal and her head injury to stabilize. Surgery this morning to repair the extensive damage to her face, and thankfully it looks like she is out of the woods now . . . they are just focusing on recovery, weaning her off of the medication and extubating. I am unsure of the prognosis on her neuro status; if she has been heavily sedated I would assume that they will be watching for signs as they reduce the medication.

I am so happy that it looks like she is going to be okay, so sad that this happened, so upset that I did not hear about it until today (I hate that I live two states away from her!).

Hopefully in another few days, once the tube is out, she will be able to make phone calls and I can talk to her myself. Until then I remain cautiously optimistic and would appreciate any prayers or well wishes you can offer.
#505 of 583 Old 01-27-2007, 01:22 AM

Birth Junky- oh no! I hope everything turns out o.k. for her.

Measles- I know I had them as a child. I wonder what the incubation period is?
Kleine- If they do catch them, I hope they have a speedy recovery!

I just submitted my first attempt at writing a proposal to present at a national conference. *ahhhhh*

#506 of 583 Old 01-27-2007, 03:13 AM

Oh BJ, I'd be a complete mental marshmallow if something happened to my soul sister. We are so close that our cycles are almost exact now and we live almost 3 hours from each other. She MC'd last month.
Pagan prayers are flying to both of you.

I'm considering catching some of this blood for magick but I have no idea what to put it in. A sippy cup?

Thank you for your support, my friends. I did end up telling DH before it happened. So we had a couple of days of, "How the heck will we do this?!" before the loss. It was a fun few days.

I had my ritual bath, ritual leg shaving, and ritual facial peel. I cannot believe DS was kind enough to sleep through the entire thing. If I wasn't on the rag, I'd want some sex!!

Tomorrow I am either going to go find a special stone at one of the paganish stores in town or I am going to splurge on some sort of beauty thing for me.

I received my "Wisdom of the Crones" cards today. http://www.womanwisdom.com/store/oracles.html

I drew "forgiveness." I'm not really angry at anyone or anything. I've been through this enough to know it happens, but oh well. Maybe I am a little pissed at Kwan Yin. Ok, I am.

But the best part was playing with the cards with DD. I love hearing her mangle words. I handed her the "Abundance" card, said the word, and she enthusiastically responded with, "Buns dance!" Seriously. How amazing are these little souls?!?

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#507 of 583 Old 01-27-2007, 03:46 AM

Party OVER, thank Goddess for that! Lucas was out with dad having a guys morning out doing stuff and came home to find his grandparents, aunt & cousins here and the dining room all decked out.. he was stoked!

#508 of 583 Old 01-27-2007, 03:49 AM

Birth Junky, I am so sorry. I hope your friend has as easy a recovery as possible.

Still thinking of you, too, Jen.

Ah, heck, hugs all around. :
#509 of 583 Old 01-27-2007, 06:45 AM

Definitely thinking of you and your family Jen. I am at your Dd's "buns dance" comment. Very cute.

#510 of 583 Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Birth Junky~ How awful! Healing energy to your friend and her family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
I'm considering catching some of this blood for magick but I have no idea what to put it in. A sippy cup?
Mama in the Forest/Greenlee has a wonderful ritual where she uses the water that she soaks her moon flow pads in to water her house plants. Here is a link to her post.

I think this sounds like a wonderful idea. I use a Diva Cup, so I've been thinking I could have a container of water that I add the blood to and then water the house plants or put it in the garden.

Oh, and may we all have much "bun dance"!!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page