January Pagan Moms' Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
deleted

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#2 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 11:55 AM

Hi everyone!

I read your threads every month but I never make the time to post.

Clay, I just wanted to tell you that I had one of those "high risk" pregnancies because one of DS' US scans showed he had a very small gall spleen. I used to joke that I got to look at him more in utero than I'd have time for outside of the womb since I already HAD a toddler.
It was a lot of fear for nothing. DS was totally fine and weighed TWO pounds more than they told me he would. (Although I really did like all the peeking at him. It was so incredible watching him grow and change!!) But it was still a lot of fear for us.

I did a lot of divination last night and got some funny results. Some of my guiding Goddesses for 2007 are the Gorgon and Kuan Yin. That's kind of like having Dick Cheney and Jon Stewart as your guidance!!!

Blessed be!

secular classical-ish mama to an incredible 5 year old DS and an amazing 6 year old DD.
#3 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 11:56 AM

Woohoo! I forgot about starting a new thread. tee hee. I like new threads...they take less time to load.
#4 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 11:58 AM

Hey heathenmom

I have a Fiona also. How old is your Fiona? Here's a pic of my girl.

http://www.geocities.com/utherpendragonfly/pic9.html

I have dabbled with paganism. I love some aspects of it, but loathe the organized, ritual aspect of my experience. (I was raised Mormon, so I really have problems with anyone telling me how to experience anything, most of all God, spirituality...). I truly just love to experience nature in it's true form.
#5 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 12:00 PM

Irgaine- That sounds more like Wicca. With general paganism there really isn't anyone telling ya what to do.
I don't do rituals anymore. Like you, it just didn't feel right most of the time.
#6 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Forgot to say that I was in a Tradionalist coven and it was really by the book. I didn't like that aspect of it. I no longer consider myself Wiccan.
#7 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 12:03 PM

Mmmmmm, chocolate.

That's my commentary on the holidays.
#8 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 12:07 PM

Odetojoy..

Yes it was reclaiming with little touches of each members experience. Some wicca, Gardenarian, Dianic, celtic....

So maybe I do fit in here. I will stick around and see.

I guess I really just like to do my own thing. DH is the same way. HE has had a lot more coven experience than I.

So I wonder, how do you pagan mamas express/celebrate your paganism?
#9 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 12:17 PM

Igraine, I am the same way with regard that I don't liek people telling me how to experience my life and how I interact with the divine. I am a Witch, but I am not Wiccan. I grew up Catholic(which imho, is Wicca without spells) and I detest regiment.

I live by the cycles of the Earth and the Moon and in rythm and harmony with Nature. I do what feels right. If a ritual feels right, I do it, but for the most poart I do not.

I mostly am in porayer to Gaia, and that is what feels right, but goddesses that seem close lately and into this new year are Demeter and Hecate. I have yet to figure out why, and Ihaven't really questioned, but I know they are leading me someplace.

I did a spread the other day and afterward I piulled a single card and got the Empress. With what we have dealt with here int he past couple of weeks, the Empress is a wonderful card to have received inthe close of the year.

So glad I found this thread!
#10 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 12:44 PM

Good morning all! And welcome all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post
I did a lot of divination last night and got some funny results. Some of my guiding Goddesses for 2007 are the Gorgon and Kuan Yin. That's kind of like having Dick Cheney and Jon Stewart as your guidance!!!
: Please keep us posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post
I tried to take her sippy cup and her eyes flew open. The last words she said to me in 2006: "Don't touch my Care Bear, please." And then she was out again.
I like it- clear and polite.

Your celebration sounds wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igraine View Post
I have dabbled with paganism. I love some aspects of it, but loathe the organized, ritual aspect of my experience. (I was raised Mormon, so I really have problems with anyone telling me how to experience anything, most of all God, spirituality...). I truly just love to experience nature in it's true form.
I think you will find many here that can understand where you are coming from. I love to here how others connect and praise the Earth/Goddess/Universe. For me there is no "right" way. I follow my heart and I read a variety of things to guide me.

Sweet picture of your daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnearthmomma View Post
I grew up Catholic(which imho, is Wicca without spells) and I detest regiment.
I was raised Catholic too.Like the Latin and the candles and Mary, but not much else. Overall I am allergic to organized religions and too stubborn to follow any rules.

Lovely to have so many new Mamas!

treehugger.gif  Mama of three daughters chicken3.gif
#11 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 12:49 PM

We do some very simple rituals. I do pray and talk to Gaia and The Green Man.

We follow the seasons and the moon as much as possible. I forget about the moon in the winter- all the gloomy weather means I don't get out to see it.

Hubby and I discussed our "goals" for the new year.
For Him the big one is working on his masters.
For me- Fine tuning my work on play and smart toys. I pln to launch a website in the next few months and present at a national conference.

For our spiritual selves we would like to get more involved in the UU church and I am continuing to learn and grow without having a specific goal.

So far the new year brought indegestion due to the wine and pizza I ate at midnight : a very good reminder to keep away from those things!!

I also want to be pregnant- so hopefully in time we will!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#12 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I was raised Catholic too.Like the Latin and the candles and Mary, but not much else. Overall I am allergic to organized religions and too stubborn to follow any rules.
I have 5 Mary statues on my altar in my kitchen. I love her. that is my own personal altar. We also have on in the livingroom that is our family altar and one in our bedroom that is our marriage and lover altar. Our 4 yo dd just recently turned a shelf in her bedroom into her altar. It is wonderful, it has rocks and faerie dolls and shells and sticks. It is jsut a beautiful thing!
#13 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 01:09 PM

Thanks Salvia! I am quite smitten with my baby girl! My ds is pretty darn cute as well.

My dh and I do simple things to celebrate too. For yule we light candles, read a story about the solistice and shared one present. My kiddos and still pretty young. We try to not over whelm them. I wanted to do a special alter for Samhain with picture of our beloeved dead, but my ds did not want to. He was a little upset at the thought of pictures of deceased. I am not sure why. Maybe because he thinks about them a lot already.

My ds is pretty spiritual in his own way. He experiences spirits and talks about death and passing. He really likes the idea of reincarnation (we talk about a variety of spiritual beliefs so he can decide what is right for him. Both dh and I were forced to attend church. Dh catholic and me mormom). He often talks about how our recently deceased dog is going to come back as something else...sometimes the ideas are pretty funny and other times heart wrenching because he misses his dog.

Glad to join you all!
#14 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 01:33 PM

#15 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 01:53 PM

Igraine- Your kids are cute! I love the color of your and Fiona's hair!
#16 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 02:01 PM

wow! a new year!

we didnt do much, i barely made it to midnight

wombat clay lots of positive going your way.

im doing lots of cleaning, physical first, and then spiritual. I have much to do before the growing season starts!

We finally got snow yesterday! Normally we would have many snows by this time, but yesterday was the first real snow other than a dusting. Its so pretty!

mnearthmama- your DDs altar sounds beautiful! How perfect!

heathenmom- I am at your DD and the care bear thing. its so cute when they are SO tired like that.

well thats enough for now, have a blessed day everyone!

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
#17 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 02:04 PM

I didn't stay awake for midnight. I had a feeling that ds would wake up early this morning (and he did).
#18 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Hi everyone! Happy January to you all. I cannot believe it's 2007. I remember being 10 (in 1986 lol) and thinking "I wonder what the world will be like in 2000" It seemed so very far away.

Part of my spiritual path is Wicca. I am not super into formal ritual either. Occasionally I enjoy it with others though. I am mostly solitary, however, and on my own it's just whatever I feel is right for the moment.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
#19 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 02:23 PM

Greetings and Salutations of the New Year! And as my Italian family says...Buon Capo D'anno!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#20 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM

:

Happy New Year!

H

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#21 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 03:10 PM

12/31 is my birthday. We had a very kid friendly party with balloons, homemade pizza and lots of wine for the adults! Yummy (Found a great red wine called Thirsty Owl. I am such a sucker for marketing and it paid off).

We were in bed by 8PM! We are so lame. No ball drop for us. Just lovely slumber with our kiddos.

OdeToJoy Thanks. My dd is my clone. She looks almost exactly like I did as a baby. We freak people out when they see us together because we look so much alike! Last night my silly ds put on his daddy's glasses and he looked just like dh. It was uncanny.

cravenab00, I get the strong urge to clean in the new year also. Happy cleansing.

My ds is currently doing some shaving cream sculpture. He has been doing it for the past hour! Paint and shaving cream is just loads of fun! The house smells like a barber shop.

Happy New Year!
#22 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 03:46 PM

speaking of wine...

we had an AWESOME wine when we had xmas at my dads. im not usually a wine person but this was SO smooth and fruity!

Schmitt Sohne Reisling, bottled in Germany. Yum!

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
#23 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 03:59 PM

subbing for now. I'm off to the store for crochet items.
#24 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I have a Fiona also. How old is your Fiona? Here's a pic of my girl.

http://www.geocities.com/utherpendragonfly/pic9.html
Awww, she's BEAUTIFUL! My Fiona is 28 months (born 8/21/04).

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#25 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Happy (a little late) Birthday Igraine!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#26 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 04:58 PM

Well, I am on my way to accomplishing one of my new years goals!!!

I would like to meet all of you...you are such a great bunch of people!!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#27 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Happy 2007 mamas!!!!!!!! It's going to be a wonderful year.

Greenlee's Forest *intentional jewelry* a secret Journal locket!
Me My Blog Mama to 7 babes & four spirit babies
#28 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Odetojoy..

Yes it was reclaiming with little touches of each members experience. Some wicca, Gardenarian, celtic....

So maybe I do fit in here. I will stick around and see.

I guess I really just like to do my own thing. DH is the same way. HE has had a lot more coven experience than I.

So I wonder, how do you pagan mamas express/celebrate your paganism?
I looked into joining a coven almost 10yrs ago, found a British Traditional Wicca Coven and hooked up with their learning circle etc (prelude to joining main coven) and while I loved the comaraderie I hated hated hated the super formal rituals! By nature I am not a formal person so they just didn't suit me at all. These days my paganism is more about Who I am daily instead of a big hooha on 8 days a year (no offence ot any Wiccans present ) My rituals are simple, brief & to the point... I rarely cast a formal circle and while I have a personal altar in my room, and a family altar in the dining room... most of my magic takes place on the kitchen counter or table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 View Post

Blessed be!
Can I just say crazy, that!! ( i actually misread that the first time to say patrick stewart... so had this hilarious scene in my head of Cap'n picard saying 'make it so' and cheney shooting his mate )

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdeToJoy View Post
I didn't stay awake for midnight. I had a feeling that ds would wake up early this morning (and he did).
Neither did I, so we can be the chairpersons of the old crone committee lol... I tried but the NYE party in Sydney looked utterly stupid so I couldn't be bothered and went to bed at 1030 .

My DH had to work till 4am new years morning, but he sent me a sweet txt saying 'happy new year, thank you for another wonderful year' ..isn't that just the sweetest? Of course I was in a coma by then, so when I got it (yesterday evening) I had to reply (funny, he was sitting in the same room when I did..was funny when he realized I was sending HIM a txt lol)

And DUH to me posting all day yesterday on the dec thread and not realizing that it wasn't anymore

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#29 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 06:59 PM

Hey everyone, Happy New Year!!!! It is my goal to ACTUALLY keep up with this thread!!!
#30 of 583 Old 01-01-2007, 07:49 PM

Happy New Year, everyone, and good riddance to 2006! My card for 2006 was, unfortunately, the Tower, and it was true to its word (my youngest had some severe medical problems and is now a "special needs" child, which has been most stressful, exhuasting, and challenging). Can't go anywhere but up, and I am looking forward to moving on. Not surprisingly, the card I chose (who chose me??)for this year is Death, so moving on and re-birthing I will go!

All the best to all of you!

Kelli, radical unschooling mama to four beautiful homebirthed lovies (ages 14, 9, 5, and 19 months) 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page