Lds Mamas/papa #37 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-15-2007, 02:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seren View Post
I went to dollar tree and bought 8 tests the other day. I have four left.
Just FYI my SIL is a nurse for a OBGYN and she said they get women all the time who come in with negative preg. tests that they bought from dollar tree and they are inacurate. Sorry for just butting in there I just thought I would tell you. But if they are all negative it makes me wonder??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaJoy View Post
As long as you only test 1 time per day...

Well, then I wasn't patient today, twice is ok right?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
Old 01-15-2007, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbriansgirl View Post
Just FYI my SIL is a nurse for a OBGYN and she said they get women all the time who come in with negative preg. tests that they bought from dollar tree and they are inacurate. Sorry for just butting in there I just thought I would tell you. But if they are all negative it makes me wonder??

Hmmmmmmmm.............maybe I should go by a different one? Too bad dh is at work and apparently he might not be coming home tomorrow. He works in Eastern OK. The whole state has been declared a state of emergency because of the ice storms. I think he might be sleeping at his supervisors tomorrow instead of attempting the one hour drive home at 5 am.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

Well.. I thought I would update everyone. You won't believe the spookiness of this situation...

We are getting ready for church this morning and I express my concern to DH about being a few days late now. He says, "Well.. I don't necessarily think you are pregnant NOW.. I just think you're going to be pregnant soon." : We try to dig all of the snow off of our car and get in... no budging.. this car is not making it out of the development. Settle down to eat lunch with the kids.. and AF starts!!!!!!!!! So hey- at least there's an answer for me. It's almost starting to creep me out his predictions.. but maybe we are just super close.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 01-15-2007, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Before S was conceived, I bought a bunch of preg tests through a medical supply place... they worked out to about 80 cents each, including shipping and tax. Then after M was born, the last few left were expired, and I was going to buy more -- but I had lost the web site address and couldn't find it with google. So I bought from www.early-pregnancy-tests.com. The tests looked the same, and the website claimed that they were very sensitive. I haven't had any false negatives with them (that turned out to be positive later on, I mean my period always showed up after neg tests) and I had very early results -- before my period was due. At that website (and I think most cheap bulk test places are the same), the more tests you buy, the lower the price per test is.

I bought 30 after I miscarried in April. I think I have two left.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 01-15-2007, 12:55 PM

You guys and your pregnancy tests! You crack me up!! I buy one. Sometimes I will buy the 2 for 1 deal, but only 1 box I buy. I buy it when I am about a week late, but then I am usually to nervous to check because "what if I am?" So, I put it away for a few more weeks, and then when I think about it again, or am not that nervous, I take it. I've had a few that have been negative. If at 2 months with no AF, then I go to the doctor and have it done there if I didn't get a positive.

You guys!! Especially you Seren...:
Old 01-15-2007, 01:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have state-run midwifery care here, and there often aren't enough mws to supply the demand. I have a better chance of getting one (I homebirth) if I call them as soon as I find out I'm pg. So I like to find out early.

But, even if that weren't the case, I would probably still test early and test often. I'm too impatient.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

That's a good point. I however have low hcg levels so it really takes me a while to show that I'm pregnant... so I only use one test or go to a free testing place to check otherwise I feel like I'm being wasteful.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:50 PM

I know, I'm bad about it, but when it takes so long to get ap ositive I test frequently. I am very impatient. Trying to work on that. I had a negative at home this morning so I went to the dr. Their urine test was negative, but after the dr talked to me he thinks I probably am pregnant so I did a blood test. I will know around 10 tomorrow morning.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
I know, I'm bad about it, but when it takes so long to get ap ositive I test frequently. I am very impatient. Trying to work on that. I had a negative at home this morning so I went to the dr. Their urine test was negative, but after the dr talked to me he thinks I probably am pregnant so I did a blood test. I will know around 10 tomorrow morning.
I can never wait either! Hey Seren, I just noticed our dc's are the same age Mine are: Ezra 5 (6/14/01), Hyrum 3 (8/12/03), and Grace 19mos. (5/21/05). Good luck with that blood test!
Candace
Old 01-15-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I can never wait either! Hey Seren, I just noticed our dc's are the same age Mine are: Ezra 5 (6/14/01), Hyrum 3 (8/12/03), and Grace 19mos. (5/21/05). Good luck with that blood test!
Candace
how funny! DH wants to name this one (IF a boy) Ezra and i have always loved the name Hyrum. so cute!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 01-15-2007, 03:06 PM

Lily started primary yesterday. i was panicing about it. i took her to the primary room adn showedd her where the Sunbeams sit and she met the presidency (we got there early so there were only about 3 kiddos and the presidency) and she got up and sat down in her Sunbeam chair. i stood there waiting for the perfect time to sneak out when she turns to me and sighs all indignent like and says 'mom, can you leave?' to which everyone started laughing. i, abashed mommy, muttered a yes and walked away. i stood outside the door for 5 minutes, of course. she didn't fuss once. the entire time she had a huge smile on her face.

and we finally started Temple Prep. and got our new Bishop. but no 2nd councelor yet.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 01-15-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Candace

Cool! I think, if I remember correctly, that Dana's kids are right around the same ages, too.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Oh, their birthdates are 8/16/01, 4/15/03, and 5/13/05

Old 01-15-2007, 03:13 PM

My Hyrum was supposed to start primary too. He has been sick and hasn't been able to go yet and I am just crossing my fingers about how it is going to go. He hardly talks at all and is in speech therapy, but he does love to sing! So I hope it goes all right. We go to church now at 1pm and it is awful!!!! Right at their naptime! It is so hard.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Seren~ Did you have broadcast Stake Conference yesterday? It said it was for the Gulf States Stakes, which we are part of the Shreveport, LA Stake. Elder Bednar was talking about when he was in Fayetteville, and was acting like he was talking to the people in Fayetteville. But, if you didn't have it yesterday, then he was only talking to us southern Arkies...

I love Elder Bednar...he gave a great awesome talk yesterday. I hope they put it in the Ensign sometime. I also loved President Hinckley's talk. He actually looked a lot better then he did at General Conference, I think.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 PM

Yes we had it, but I didn't go. I woke up with a huge migraine, puking, couldn't get out of bed deal. I was up for a bit with the kids, trying to let dh sleep, but was very quickly back to bed. I wish I hadn't missed the talks.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry you are feeling so yucky today.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:13 PM

i did not go to church yesterday.. i am having a hard time since i have not been doing what i should and i am supposed to teach primary. dh and i decided yesterday to turn it around .. so we are working on that ..

my mom called yesterday and said that her vt is giving away a sewing machine that she is gonna get for me .. wohoo i can finally learn to sew more
Old 01-15-2007, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

COngrats on the sewing machine Jen!

Old 01-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
This is one reason I think both my kids were twins to begin with. I was just a day or two late, but as soon as the test got wet it was positive. It was a total shock both times. Anyway, good luck waiting. Hope it goes well for you!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:05 PM

Well I guess when I don't check in for a couple weeks then it takes a couple of hours to catch up! But I DID finally read everything AND I'm glad to find you all.

Does anyone here have an idea of how to wean your 4 year old out of co-sleeping and into her own room?

We really think it's time - we need it to be time, even if she doesn't think it is.

Help!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:11 PM

So...I finally tested again. I'm pregnant!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaJoy View Post
So...I finally tested again. I'm pregnant!!

HUZZAH!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fericito View Post
Well I guess when I don't check in for a couple weeks then it takes a couple of hours to catch up! But I DID finally read everything AND I'm glad to find you all.

Does anyone here have an idea of how to wean your 4 year old out of co-sleeping and into her own room?

We really think it's time - we need it to be time, even if she doesn't think it is.

Help!
hI, FERICITO Dr Sears recoomends starting with a mattress next to your bed and starting off the night with you sleeping next to DC on that mattress. Then when DC is asleep, move to your bed. When DC wakes up, move back onto their mattress until they fall back asleep. Gradually move their matress further and further away from your bed.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:39 PM

yup serenity's kids and mine are all close in age

mine are 8/5/01, 4/14/03, and 3/28/01 we were due in the same month originially but then i went early and serenity found out she was due later

i tested this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BFP here after 7 mo of trying and 1 m/c. i'm hopeful this will baby will be born, but i'm nervous as all get out too!!!!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:43 PM

Maggie, your dd sounds a lot like my ds. I thought he'd have a really hard time with Sunbeams because nursery had been such a difficult transition. But on his first day of Primary, he insisted on walking into the room himself and going up and sitting on his own. We left and went to our classes, and a few minutes later the primary presidency caught him trying to leave to go find us. He was so brave, but then he got scared. For a long time after that, he wanted me to wait with him until his teacher came. But then he got to the point where he didn't even want us going in the direction of the primary room with him. He wanted to do it all. by. him. self.

It is so fun to see them become Sunbeams...they are so adorable! Ds just moved into CTR 5, and he's still adorable.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:16 PM

Congrats to karmajoy and danaalex !!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaalex View Post
yup serenity's kids and mine are all close in age

mine are 8/5/01, 4/14/03, and 3/28/01 we were due in the same month originially but then i went early and serenity found out she was due later

i tested this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BFP here after 7 mo of trying and 1 m/c. i'm hopeful this will baby will be born, but i'm nervous as all get out too!!!!!!!!
Huzzah again!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 PM

woo hoo dana and karma!!!!!!

User Tag List