Lds Mamas/papa #37 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay... I thought I would start the new thread for us.

Like the title NCD? Just wanted to make sure you knew you were included. Here's what's been up for me...

I'm snowed in (again!) and the whole household is getting a little stir crazy... It's been a hard month for us.. but definetely seeing improvements. I love my bishop and the prophet so much as they have really helped me see Heavenly Father and the Savior's love for me so much more clearer this month- when I really needed it. We were planning on TTC in the spring/summer... but I think DH has finally prodded me enough that we are considering next month. Although there has been a few slip ups and AF is two days late now... (I doubt it.. but DH is predicting pregnancy- that's all that makes me nervous because his pregnancy predictions have a 100% success rate) So we'll see what happens. Hey- I made it to 2007 right? :
#2 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
Okay... I thought I would start the new thread for us.

Like the title NCD? Just wanted to make sure you knew you were included.
:

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

#3 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

Glad you liked it.
#4 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:21 AM

My Relief Society presidency came by and said I didn't have to leave if DS wanted to run around RS - I can let him be free, and they'd rather have us both there. O......kay......you asked for it! :
#5 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:30 AM

Guess I should add what's up around here. The new semester at UVSC started last Thursday, so I've been in school again for a week already : I'm an English Lit Major, so I've got classes like British Literature to 1800, Studies in the American Novel, Introduction to the English Major (this is the first semester I've been able to fit it into my schedule - I'm a junior! ), Contemporary American Literature and Contemporary Critical Approaches to Literature. It's a -load of reading, but I'm up to it ... I hope Among other things I'm reading this semester are Beowulf (which is one of my all time favorites, I think I've decided that my emphasis is going to be in Medieval Anglo-Saxon Literature (I need a sword-wielding smiley)), Pudd'nhead Wilson and Those Extraordinary Twins by Mark Twain, The Coquette, To Kill a Mockingbird, Middle Passage, The Gulf War Did Not Take Place, Tortilla Curtain, The Ox-Bow Incident, A Changed Man, White Noise, King Lear, Arthurian Legends, Dr. Faustus, The Canterbury Tales, Paradise Lost, The Rape of Lock and much much more. I'm really looking forward to it, I've got some great professors and I really like the subjects (even my theory classes ... I've really found a liking for critical theory).

So, I'm in school full time (I've got 13 credits this semester, down two from 15 last semester (which kicked my butt ... last semester burned me out)) and I'm working part-time (4 hours) at a local charter school - I'm an assistant teacher for the seventh grade at Reagan Academy in Springville, Utah, and that is just the best job I have ever had. I look forward to it each day, and as a matter of fact, on January 1 (the last day of the Christmas break) I looked at Alisa and said "I get to go back to work tomorrow!" Not many people I know can say something like that ... I'm not bragging, I'm just so glad that I have finally found my niche. It's been so much fun ... we just got finished with a unit on WWI and are moving into the Russian Revolution and the kids have just been fascinated with what went on during WWI and how it directly led to WWII, etc. We gave them a test on it today and the lowest score was a 92 out of 100 (which is only 2 missed questions)!

Anyway, I'm rambling now ... so I'll shut up and post this already.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

#6 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post
It's a -load of reading, but I'm up to it ... I hope

Elegant - and in the LDS thread, no less!
#7 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 AM - Thread Starter

Glad everything is going well for you both!
#8 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaterry View Post
Elegant - and in the LDS thread, no less!
Hey ... I censored it! :

(What's really funny is that right now, we're literally eight feet away from each other as we post back and forth )

#9 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter

I've noticed you both post pretty quickly in response to each other. Actually, it cracks me up.
#10 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
I've noticed you both post pretty quickly in response to each other. Actually, it cracks me up.
What, you mean the part where we're only 6 feet away from each other but posting online? We're TOTALLY functional!!!
#11 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
What, you mean the part where we're only 6 feet away from each other but poting online? We're TOTALLY functional!!!
Yeah ... it's that whole passive-aggressive thing.

Poting?

#12 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post
Yeah ... it's that whole passive-agressive thing.

Poting?
agressive?
#13 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:55 AM

Quote:
agressive?
Shut up. That's why! :

#14 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 AM

Ducette, maybe you should start another thread.....
#15 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

#16 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

I just really wish some other LDS people would join in our fun. I always feel like the only night owl.
#17 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 04:09 AM

lol ..found our new thread

hey i know their is a diapering board but i want some support from lds mamas .. i was so into cloth then we got a rash and took a break now i want to go back but since we live in an apt and have to trek to the laundry room i am scared and not 100 % on board yet but it saves money and is good for the enviroment and they are so fun ... so just looking for some encouragement i guess and wanting to share my feelings .. thanks for listening

#18 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 04:10 AM

i am here ... the weather is really cold here in cali we got a cold front from canada ...
just got home from LLL about 30 mins ago so finishing up computer time
#19 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 04:12 AM

it is currently 37 where i live low forcasted to be 28 : ahhh and our apt is like a freezer ... our windows are old and not very good we co-sleep so we will all stay toasty warm together
#20 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Jenn.. starting out with cloth diapers was hard for me to. I eventually just forced myself to make the committment and seriously saw the benefits. It's an adjustment- but I enjoy them so much more now. Give yourself some time. It will be okay. BTW... I love your sons name.
#21 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! My 300th post!! I am so excited. I started with only five in October. So I am so excited to hit 300. Actually, I think it speaks more of my addiction.
#22 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 05:44 AM

Hey ladies. I'm kind of jumping in the middle here, hope no one minds :. I just thought it would be fun to get in touch with a community of like-minded mormon mamas! I don't know anyone who's into the natural family living stuff except me and I'm getting weary of the phrase "We don't need to worry about the environment, God will just fix it later." I think those people will be knee deep in dirty disposables cleaning up after themselves in the millennium, but that's just my opinion.:.

Anyway, I think reading all the posts in all the threads would kill me, so I'm just jumping in feet first!

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#23 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 08:10 AM

NCD and Alicia- i totally heart you! :

here i am, up at 3am because i can't sleep for anything. stress stress stress. :

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#24 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 08:17 AM

about the ex-Mormon thread on Alicia's site-
ack! yeah. i can understand the need for a community being an ex-ex-Mormon, but to be utterly disrespectful like that is telling of those particular people's character. i will say, however, that our ex-Mormon mommas on this board are very tasteful. i...erm... visted their thread a few times because, as i said, i'm an ex-ex-Mormon and was curious. never posted, becaue i thought it would be out of line, but couldn't help but look. i can understand where they are coming from and they are very nice ladies. they just disagree with the church and that's okay. where the line is crossed and then turned around and sptit on is when all respect is lost and things are said that are both hurtful and shouldn't be shared- especially in that light. NO ONE has the right to treat ANYONE'S belifes in that manner, IMHO. it would irk me no matter what the belife system.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#25 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 08:20 AM

hey Rolenta- i just ventured over to the ex-Mormon's thread and noticed you called us 'mos' and 'mo-mos' i had never heard that term until recently when, in my AP group, an ex-member momma used it. where does that come from?
and i gravitate towards the ex-members, too. when i fell away there was a nice big group of us that stuck together. two of them are my best friends. when i went back i got nothing but love from all of them and we still talk often.

#26 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 10:37 AM

A new thread, YAY! I'm so tired, I wish my baby would sleep longer in the morning, but she doens't. Our family has been pretty busy. Dh is on a stupid work rotation. He had 3 days off, now he works overnight for 7 days (he works 12 hour shifts), then four days off, then day shift for 7 days, then 3 days off, night shift for 7 days, and repeat. Ugh
I am 5 days late, I had on test have a positive line, but only after the alloted time. Not evensure when. I have taken three more tests, all negative. Still no AF. With my last two it took forever to get a positive test. So I feel all in limbo. I might go to the dr today for a blood test. It's so annoying to not know.

Maggie, I noticed you have two names in your sig for the new baby. Are you thinking of a new one now?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#27 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 10:46 AM

Hey!!!!!!!!! Another Heidi!! Where is the other one? Heidi_m? That's my last name initial too...

Anyway, Heidi here...LDSmomma7! Joseph goes in today for his 2 week appt. He has been having a hard time nursing at night. He has a stuffy nose. I am taking him to a new doc. Actually he isn't a new doc to my other kids, but a new baby doc for me. I've never taken a newborn to this doc, so I really don't know how he is with BF and all. I hear he is good though, and he is good with my other children, so we shall see. My other doc that I have always taken my newborns too is 5 hrs away. That doc was pretty upset in the hospital that I wouldn't be taking him back to him. He forgot that I had moved, and I reminded him that I had not abandon him. He was such a great doc! I really liked him!!

I weighed myself yesterday. I can officially say I am less then 200!!!!!!!! Talk about proud of myself!!!!!!! When I had Lindsey, I stayed at 225 for almost 2 yrs!! I could not loose the weight!!! This time I was only 215 when I went in to have Joseph, and yesterday I was 198!! I am so happy!!!!!! My maternity jeans are about to fall off me, but my pre-pregnancy jeans are still a little bit tight...like maybe a few more weeks of walking will getting me down, and if I quit eating these stupid poptarts (only eating them today because DDs gave me their leftovers...: ) Yes!! I have poptarts in my house!! There, I said it!! I'm a failure at breakfast time!! I am so not a morning person!! My kids are lucky to get cold cereal w/milk and lunches packed for school!!

Anyway, I have a few hours before I have to get in the shower to take Joseph to the doc. I am going to go lie in the bed, while the younger girls are watching Nick, Jr. :

Oh, and I forgot to ask the hospital, which I may need to call...I noticed after I got released that Joseph had gotten a shot (without my knowledge). It was in his upper thigh. Would that have been the HepB? I can't remember what they give at hospitals anymore. I assume he also got his PKU. I do remember having to go back to the clinic at 2 weeks to get the other PKU done, but I don't know what they do here. Guess I will find out today!! We delay vacs, just to let y'all know, so I was kinda ticked that he was given a shot. :
#28 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seren
Maggie, I noticed you have two names in your sig for the new baby. Are you thinking of a new one now?
I think I read somewhere on another post, that she isn't convinced that she is having a girl...so she has the boy name picked just in case!!!

Maggie...tell us about the names! My DH would never go for names that your children's. I think they are cute, but he would have a cow!
#29 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDSmomma6 View Post
I think I read somewhere on another post, that she isn't convinced that she is having a girl...so she has the boy name picked just in case!!!

Maggie...tell us about the names! My DH would never go for names that your children's. I think they are cute, but he would have a cow!
:

Olive is our girl's name pick and Romulus our boy's although Romulus isn't in stone. truth be told no name for us ever is until baby gets here and we *know* they're a such-and-such. but Romulus is our favorite that we can agree on. the other two are Omri (my pick) and Ezra (his pick).

Heidi! i'm lucky to have a DH as nuts as i am. he picked Mable's first name. we decided while preggers with Lily that all our children's names would mean something to us personally. and that their middle names would start with the first letter of their first names and be from Tolkien, again with something that means something personally to us. we be crazy! he named Mable after a song i named Lilith after a myth (Lilith as the first wife of Adam). Olive is for my love of olive trees, Romulus is because we're trekkies : Omri is for 'the Indian in the Cupboard' series and Ezra is not the Prophet but rather a band DH likes. personally, i'm rooting for Omri but Romulus is okay, too. we'll see when he gets here. because i swear he's a he!!! of course, i'm prob wrong and insane for going against the u/s but that's just me. suprisingly we don't have any other girls names that seem 'right'. Olive is it. so if she arives and is, infact, a she but isn't an 'Olive' she'll be nameless for a while.

#30 of 599 Old 01-12-2007, 12:45 PM

I never intro'd myself on the last thread, so I guess I'll do it now. I've been part of the LDS threads since the very first one way back in January 2002. I can't believe it's been that long! There's been a lot of water under the bridge here.

I've been married for 11.5 years and have two children. Dallin is 4.5 and Sariah will be 6 months in a few days. Both of my children were adopted through LDS Family Services, in fact, Sariah will be sealed to us in just a few weeks. I'm so excited! I have also been wanting to brag to somebody that my baby is still nursing! I know that is not a big deal to most of you, but for me with inducing lactation, and with having such a hellish time trying to do it with ds and ending up giving up at 4.5 months, making it this far is a huge milestone! Especially when things are going well and I have no reason to doubt that she will still be nursing at 1 year and hopefully at 2 years and beyond. I am hardly making any milk at all, and I sometimes feel guilty and discouraged about that....but I have to keep telling myself that what I have accomplished is super-human anyway and there is no reason to feel guilty when I have done far more than most moms would do.

I am a Cub Scout den leader in my ward, and trying to keep liking it after 3 years. The new RS president came up to me last night and we were talking about callings, and she told me that she keeps thinking of my name and has thought about making me a teacher. I am so flattered, but why do these RS presidents keep telling me this stuff and getting my hopes up? Our last RS president submitted my name for the same calling 1.5 years ago and was turned down, being told that I am needed in Scouts. Then, just a month or so ago, she mentioned casually that they needed another teacher and joked that maybe she could try again for me. However, a few weeks later I accidentally saw a piece of scrap paper that dh had left laying around, which was a note saying that they were submitting a name for the calling, and it wasn't mine. (DH is in the bishopric.) I was bummed about that. So now we have a new president, and here she is telling me that she is thinking about me and wonders if I should be a teacher? Is this some message from the universe, or just a way to make me truly crazy to continually get my hopes up for my dream calling and then keep me in Scouts??? : I now understand why it is protocol to keep discussion of callings quiet until the call has been extended.

So anyway, I'm in Cub Scouts and dh is in the bishopric, which has been a great learning adventure and challenge for me the past six months, especially with a new baby. That could be a whole other post, but my baby is fussing and I'd better stop now.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page