images of Guardian angels for children - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-11-2003, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for an image of a guardian angel to hang in my home. (this is for my 3 1/2 year old son.) The few images that I have found i think have the possibility of scaring him. It could also be a picture of a guardian "spirit' or guardian 'animal" Just something warm and inviting and protective.

does anybody know of one???

Thanks!

joyfullving
#2 of 8 Old 05-11-2003, 09:29 PM

I don't know of any, but if you find some, I would suggest letting your son choose the one he likes best. Sometimes the things I've "screened" end up being what my kids find most comforting.
#3 of 8 Old 06-10-2003, 01:18 PM

Angels were a big deal in my childhood home, since our last name was a derivation of the word "angel" in German.

As a result, I got one of the images I found most familiar for my sons. There's one on this page, but you've got to scroll down:

http://www.djsgiftcorner.com/religious.htm

It's the one where the angel is guiding the kids over the bridge with missing boards.

You might do a Google search ( http://www.google.com ) and look for images of guardian angels (push the "images" button). There are plenty to choose from if you know where to look!

Good luck!
#4 of 8 Old 06-12-2003, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

I can't believe it!!!!! lucimomster, this is incredible - That image is the one that my grandmother always had hanging inside of the toy cabinet. (Of nyone in my family, I have the most loving nurturing memories with my grandmother) I, to this day remember that image. When she died several years ago I'd tried to get it but nobody could find it. I never knew what it was called either so I had no luck in finding a replacement.

Thank you Thank you!!!

JL

p.s. you don't by any chance know of a lullaby which has lyrics something like 'Sweetest little angle, sleeping like a rose...."
#5 of 8 Old 06-12-2003, 10:04 PM

I did a Google search and found this sentence, referring to an "old Southern lullaby":

"Sweetest little baby, everybody knows. Don't know what to call her, but she's mighty like a rose."

Does that sound familiar? Maybe from there, you can do a more specific search elsewhere. I know there are lyrics servers out there on the 'net.....

And as for that being the EXACT picture you remember ... yep, I saw it often, myself. Glad I could find one for you. My mom also had an antique guardian angel STATUE that was extremely precious to her. I wish I inherited it, but I didn't.
#6 of 8 Old 06-13-2003, 07:57 PM

Today I went to a Catholic supply store, to buy something for my decidedly-still-Catholic father for Father's Day. While looking for his present, I came across some little cards with the image of the Guardian Angel that you're looking for. They were only a few pennies, so I bought a couple. I'd be happy to send them to you if you e-mail me with your snail-addy.

luci //at // onehotmama.zzn.com

I know you were probably looking for something larger, but maybe you can enlarge one of these on a color copier, or maybe do something else crafty with it to suit your needs.

Luci
#7 of 8 Old 06-13-2003, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Luci, that is the song!!! I am so happy. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and effort of doing the search ( I never thought of doing that but you did and you found it!!!!) Her voice singing that song to me as she waited by my be for me to sleep, it still lingers.

I'll e-mail you with my address. Thank you. What a kind thing for you to do. Those will actually be just perfect because I like to have small images, stones, crystals etc around the house so that he'll "find them" on his own. Are you my fairy godmother by any chance???

Joyfulliving
#8 of 8 Old 06-13-2003, 09:46 PM

This image was the first I thought of too, joyfulliving, but I wasn't sure if you would find it scary...Delia loves to look at how brave and strong the angel is.

Another image we love is in The Child's Good Night Book by Margaret wise Brown. We have one that's a chunky board book, like for little ones 2 or 3. Anyway, after you say goodnight to the bunnies and fish and sheep and children, there's a wordless spread that shows 2 beautiful angels holding the sleeping babes, fish, angels, etc. in a hammock...then the next page has "Father, bless thy beasts and singing birds and guard with tenderness small things that have no words." My dd loves to look long at that picture too...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page