February Law of Attraction - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#421 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I had the most glorious morning! On Saturdays I take my daughter to her art class, and while she creates I go off and have two hours of me-time, usually spent sipping coffee and listening to some LoA stuff on my MP3 player. I had been thinking it would be nice to have a coffee-date with a friend this week, but didn't get a chance to arrange anything. So I downloaded a copy of The Secret book on audio and was set to enjoy my morning in a wonderful little independant coffee place.

I get in and place my order (after a wonderful chat with one of the staff) and turned to find the place packed! No problem - by the time I made my way to the back the people sitting at my very favourite table were preparing to leave. So I sat and listened to the first few minutes of the audio book and actually teared up with joy a couple times... Rhonda Byrne's voice is just awesome, and her story of how she came to produce The Secret is amazing and inspiring!

Then I hear someone say "excuse me, may I take this chair?" and look up to find a former colleague of mine standing there! What's really interesting is this is a woman I had no way of contacting, but really wanted to see again because I had spotted her on television recently and wanted to talk to her about it. Yay!

Her and her husband decided to join me (the person sitting across from me decided to leave at exactly the right time to free up space for them), and we got to talking about what we've all been up to. I started talking about babywearing and the site I run, and her husband opens the paper to a picture of a man with a baby in a sling. (The article was completely unrelated to babywearing.) Ah-ha!

Then she starts talking about a business she wants to start, and it turns out I have a mountain of information and lots of contacts that will make her venture a very, very easy one to embark on. What's more, this lovely co-creation of events went to furthering my desire to consult with women looking to start small businesses. I'm meeting with this woman and her prospective partner next week to chat some more about it all.

The universe is so amazing in it's unveiling of our desires! Life is gooood!!!
Great!
#422 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 05:07 PM

KoalaMama - awesome!!! That's one of those experiences where you just KNOW the universe is aligning.

Question: does anyone have Oprah on tape? I really wanted to see it but didn't have the time Thursday.

I have to run but will post more later...
#423 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:

The universe is so amazing in it's unveiling of our desires! Life is gooood!!!
Yes, but you did you part by knowing exactly what you desire and being open to receiving it when it manifested.

It is so easy to see how one could be *instead* focused on lack, worry and the hassle; and then MISS seeing the person who borrowed the chair, the photo of the babywearing, and miss the business opportunity in their rush to plan it all "their" way. The Universe has it's own space and pace for all that we desire to unfold. We just need to be ready to receive and act on it.

Pat

I have a blog.
#424 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 05:24 PM

I've been thinking of so many things during the day that I forget to post, but just remembered one (or two!)

Does anyone remember that book about the guy who goes to a rain forest somewhere and writes all about his experiences. It was basically about how nothing is a coincidence. I sometimes have a pitiful memory and I read this many years ago, but I think it was essentially about LoA.

Also, a lot of what I'm reading on these threads is reminding me of the Tibetan Book of The Living and The Dead (I think that was the title). Do you all know that one? I loaned that book to someone (again, many years ago) but I'd really love to get another copy and read it again because it changed my thinking in profound ways when I read it.
#425 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 06:06 PM

Annikate... Are you thinking of The Celestine Prophesies? (The woman I saw today mentioned this book, so I'm thinking this might be another wonderful syncronicity. )

Quote:
Yes, but you did you part by knowing exactly what you desire and being open to receiving it when it manifested.

It is so easy to see how one could be *instead* focused on lack, worry and the hassle; and then MISS seeing the person who borrowed the chair, the photo of the babywearing, and miss the business opportunity in their rush to plan it all "their" way. The Universe has it's own space and pace for all that we desire to unfold. We just need to be ready to receive and act on it.
Totally, Pat. Totally!!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#426 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Annikate... Are you thinking of The Celestine Prophesies? (The woman I saw today mentioned this book, so I'm thinking this might be another wonderful syncronicity. )
That's the one!

I just remember after reading that (and even sometimes today) I think, whenever I see someone again and again, but don't know them . . . "hmmm, I ought to go strike up a conversation and find out what they have to teach me."

I'm usually too to do it though!
#427 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 06:21 PM

Koala- Where are you downloading the book on audio? I've been trying to find one I can listen to on my Ipod. Thanks!
#428 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
I'm watching the secret again, was blogging about what I'm so happy and grateful for, and I just wrote myself a check for $300,000.00. I didn't put a date on it. Should I date it? I'm going to put it on the fridge, or maybe the bathroom mirror, so that I can see it every day.

Money comes easily and frequently.
I think don't date it - allow the Universe to do that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
That's the one!

I just remember after reading that (and even sometimes today) I think, whenever I see someone again and again, but don't know them . . . "hmmm, I ought to go strike up a conversation and find out what they have to teach me."

It's also being made into a movie.

http://www.thecelestineprophecymovie.com/celestine/

I haven't read it, but it keeps cropping up EVERYWHERE around me, perhaps I ought to take the hint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie View Post
Koala- Where are you downloading the book on audio? I've been trying to find one I can listen to on my Ipod. Thanks!
Audible.com or torrents are two resources.
#429 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 PM

Billie... Do a search at http://www.audible.com It's about $14 if you're a member, and $20 if you're not.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#430 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 07:05 PM

Oh, and also? This! :

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...2&postcount=42

What a way to start the day!
#431 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 07:57 PM

Billie - i think there is a special right now at audible, you can get a gold membership for $7.49/month for 3 months, it's normally $14.95/month. with this membership, you get a free download. i signed up for this last month and chose "the secret" for my free download.
#432 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 08:01 PM

koalamama - it sounds like you had a delicious unfolding of events, as abraham would say! we have to get together to talk about business start up. pm'ing you.
#433 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 08:55 PM

This is my manifest for the day. DH took me shopping for baby yarn and knitting needles so I can make the recieving blanket that will be the first thing (other than our hands) to touch our baby.
#434 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
This is my manifest for the day. DH took me shopping for baby yarn and knitting needles so I can make the recieving blanket that will be the first thing (other than our hands) to touch our baby.
Yipee!
#435 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 09:20 PM

Arduinna... That's just amazing!

Billie-Jo... Emailing you back just after I get the girl a drink!

Melanie
#436 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
What a wonderful idea.
#437 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 09:48 PM

Way to go, chasmyn!

Ok, I have something I need a little help with. I feel absolutely ridiculous posting this, to tell you the truth, but it's starting to drive me insane. My daughter is making these horrible throat noises All The Time. Little um, um, um grunting type sounds in the back of her throat. It is getting to the point where I can barely stand to be in the same room with her. I know I have to release my issues with this, but I can't seem get past it. If anyone has suggestions for me to stop hearing this, that would be great. Of course, suggestions for how to get her to stop doing it would also be appreciated. (Help!)

Melanie
#438 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Way to go, chasmyn!

Ok, I have something I need a little help with. I feel absolutely ridiculous posting this, to tell you the truth, but it's starting to drive me insane. My daughter is making these horrible throat noises All The Time. Little um, um, um grunting type sounds in the back of her throat. It is getting to the point where I can barely stand to be in the same room with her. I know I have to release my issues with this, but I can't seem get past it. If anyone has suggestions for me to stop hearing this, that would be great. Of course, suggestions for how to get her to stop doing it would also be appreciated. (Help!)
I actually paid the $21 to get the Switchwords ebook the other day. I've got it on my desktop and save to hd. Somehow I just overwrote it to the sample and now I can't get past the first 5 pages again.

There is a switchword you could use to help but I can't get it now.

I'll keep trying to manifest my ebook back, and when I find it I'll lyk!
#439 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 10:07 PM

To prevent a person or action from annoying one-CANCEL.
#440 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 11:29 PM

Thanks Annikate and Amris! I'll give that switchword a try!

ETA: Anikate... I hope you discover where your book disappeared to! Maybe email them to ask for another download? Or try saying REACH to find it.

Melanie
#441 of 2309 Old 02-10-2007, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
That's the one!

I was so intrigued by this book "that changed your thinking" and then when it turned out to be the celestine prophecies, i thought: "well, imagine that! i felt the same way." ideas from that book have never left me, years later.

but, do you ever get twisted over this idea that NOTHING is a coincidence? do you ever stand in line at the coffee shop, say (or anywhere, this is just my most recent personal encounter) and look around at all the people in line, at the tables and behind the counter and wonder how you are supposed to strike up the conversation and figure out what you need to know from all these strangers?!?!?!?! it's hard enough to deal when you see the person ALL the time, like "white-haired guy" for me. I see him everywhere around town and i am working on the idea of just blurting it out, that i don't believe i see him everywhere by pure randomness and that we are meant to pass information to each other on something that will further our own life journeys and can i buy him a coffee? and then i would also add an intention to the unoverse for the purpose to unfold smoothly and with some expedience, not taking us MONTHS of coffees to get to the meat of the meeting. who knows. maybe i'm loony.....
#442 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I need to tattoo this one to my forehead
#443 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:18 AM

we just got the Celestine Prophecy movie from Netflix the other day ... Dh has seen it (I fell asleep with the kids) and he said it was pretty much true to the book as he remembered it.
#444 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:22 AM

Can I join in on this thread? I've only recently learned of the LOA and now I can't quit thinking about it!!! I want to learn all I can.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#445 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Banned

wife&mommy sure you can join

Welcome and let us know if there is anything you are wanting to talk about or explore

Another Florida mama here -- Orlando!
#446 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
wife&mommy sure you can join

Welcome and let us know if there is anything you are wanting to talk about or explore

Another Florida mama here -- Orlando!
Thank you! I guess I am just struggling with where to start! I'm so anxious about it and it seems so great and so easy but then I'm like, what do I do!?! LOL Does that make any sense? It seems pretty nuts when I read what I just typed.

#447 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Banned

Well what is it you are wanting to do? That is the first thing I would ask

It is really very simple (though admittedly not always so easy ) to do what feels good --- find your place of gratitude in every situation, visualize your life how you want it to be -- and in the moments where maybe you would rather be doing something else (like when you are doing dishes or something ) find the joy in it anyway -- put on some music to wash by, let your son splash in the sink, whatever....

Everyone on this thread is super nice and well, amazing really.... let us know how we can help
#448 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I know I already quoted this but I just have to say thank you for posting this, I just had to use it. It worked perfectly

CANCEL!
#449 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
Thank you! I guess I am just struggling with where to start! I'm so anxious about it and it seems so great and so easy but then I'm like, what do I do!?! LOL Does that make any sense? It seems pretty nuts when I read what I just typed.
One of the things I started was just writing a list about "I am so happy and grateful that...." and I started with all the things I currently have that I am happy and grateful for, and then expanded to include all the things I will have in the future, but feeling as though I have them now.
#450 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:54 AM

I like the list idea, that is great. I have lists for everything else, so why not this.

I also like the "do what feels good" advice. Of course! Like I said seems so simple but its just hard to jump in I think. But I am going to. Even got DH on board.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page