February Law of Attraction - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#481 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 12:18 PM
 
indigenousmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
koalamama - i have the secret audio dl on my ipod too, but i haven't listened to it yet, except for maybe the first 20 minutes or so, but i totally agree with you on Rhonda Byrne. she has an amazingly soothing voice and i just love her australian accent. i'm definitely making time to listen to her more this week.
indigenousmama is offline  
#482 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 01:44 PM
 
KateSt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In the Spirit Baby Realm
Posts: 1,397
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Annikate, I borrowed DIVINE, LOVE, TOGETHER from one of your posts so THANK YOU!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

KateSt. is offline  
#483 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 02:04 PM
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Annikate, I borrowed DIVINE, LOVE, TOGETHER from one of your posts so THANK YOU!
It really works doesn't it?
Annikate is offline  
#484 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
 
Billie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
Can I join in on this thread? I've only recently learned of the LOA and now I can't quit thinking about it!!! I want to learn all I can.
I am right there with you wife&mommy! I had a couple of questions, but you asked them all!
Billie is offline  
#485 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 02:49 PM
 
MyLittleWonders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Always learning something new.
Posts: 8,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Annikate, I borrowed DIVINE, LOVE, TOGETHER from one of your posts so THANK YOU!
Do you say all three together? What are you switching on/off with them combined?

 Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
MyLittleWonders is offline  
#486 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:10 PM
 
wife&mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie View Post
I am right there with you wife&mommy! I had a couple of questions, but you asked them all!
LOL I'm glad I could help! hehe

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

wife&mommy is offline  
#487 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:16 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Do you say all three together? What are you switching on/off with them combined?
: Will it work to get me a great relationship?

Catching up as well...

Koalamama - thanks for that quote about giving!! That's exactly how I feel. My heart overflows, my wallet overflows...

re: The Secret audio! How perfect for my brandy-new iPod!!! I can't wait to DL it.

I am going to be around slightly less the next few days... I am house-sitting and they usually take the computer with them. I will check during lunch at work, of course, but don't feel abandoned : (btw, I totally manifested this-- I have been wanting a way to make extra $ without a huge time commitment like tutoring -- and I get to stay in an awesome house!)

I am actually grateful for some computer- and Tivo-free time to catch up on my reading, journaling, working on Ask and It Is Given exercises, and WORK!

Celeste and Arduinna- will it help if I cast on baby gifts for you? Soakers, perhaps?

hula - Awesome about the haircut! And I am at the eye dr thing
*Devon* is offline  
#488 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
 
wife&mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
See this thread. Post 2523.

They come from this site:
http://www.switchwords.com/leslie/

ETA: I don't know who leslie is but she might make a little profit if someone buys from her link.
Thank you for this, I'm still trying to "get it".

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

wife&mommy is offline  
#489 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:29 PM
 
Taradactyl3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post

Celeste and Arduinna- will it help if I cast on baby gifts for you? Soakers, perhaps?
OOOOOO me too!

I have been thinking of this idea too and have tried to make space in my home and my life for my new baby (who is on the way to me). Maybe I need to start knitting or sewing something for him/her as well. Honeslty though for me I think I've already put it out there that we are ready to grow our family so my main goal now is to just sit back and enjoy all we have now (and it's a lot of blessings) and wait for this to come to me. For me the actively working on manifesting a baby was actually reminding me of my lack of baby. So instead of thinking of what I want any more I am thinking of what I have and I'm so filled with love for it all.

Yesterday we went to the coast and I insisted we stop at the beach for a walk (because who drives an hour to the coast and doesn't take a walk on the beach?). My DS and I had a blast and found a ton of shells (he's so into sea shells right now). I had both pockets and both hands full and randomly thought, "For once I actually wish someone had littered a bag for me to carry these with." Don't you know I found a plastic bag half buried in sand right in my path a few minutes later! Wild stuff I tell you!

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Taradactyl3 is offline  
#490 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:31 PM
 
indigenousmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
a little success story to share...my mum watched the Oprah show about LoA last week, and she really liked it. my parents have been having some problems with money and they have been trying to think up ways to make some more money. yesterday, my mum's friend called her up and asked her if she wanted to go to the bingo. my mum never goes to the bingo but decided she wanted to visit with her friend so she went and put it out to the universe that she wanted to win her spent money back. she ended up winning $1000! she called me this morning all happy because she knows that all she has to do is ask and it is given. since yesterday, she was inspired to apply for a job at the local Home Depot, they advertise for hiring retirees, and my mum is pretty excited about it. i thought it was so cute to hear my mum so excited, it really warmed my heart and i just had to share.
indigenousmama is offline  
#491 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:32 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,082
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
OOOOOO me too!
T
I'll start a list -- I can bang out newborn soakers and baby hats like nobody's bidness

Has anyone read/listened to Caroline Myss? My friend loaned me her "Self Esteem" audio, but I have never heard of her. Any thoughts?
*Devon* is offline  
#492 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:43 PM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 10,675
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
Can anyone share some tips for getting an intimate relationship back on track when it has been neglected due to intense family/work demands for the last couple of months.

DH and my relationship is in need of some loving attention. He's been reaching out in small ways (as have I) and I want to thank him and let him know that I appreciate him but if feels so forced.
Focus on his positive aspects (write them down, go over them in your head while doing other things) and focus on what is good in the relationship -- relive happy moments you guys had in the past, think about how great it is that you both want to be closer (this is SOOOO huge, it is wonderful that both of you are trying and making an effort and it is what you both want because you love each other so much) and think about how wonderful it will be in the future when your relationship just flows.

Know in your heart that the closeness is right around the corner. With both of you wanting it and taking small actions to manifest it, it will be here VERY quickly. Trust in that and don't worry about that space that seems to exists between you right now. It is very temporary and deserves NO attention from you.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is online now  
#493 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 03:51 PM
 
dharmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Savoring the perfect moments
Posts: 5,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak...

Quote:
Has anyone read/listened to Caroline Myss? My friend loaned me her "Self Esteem" audio, but I have never heard of her. Any thoughts?
LOVE her!!!!

Thanks for all the wise words on relationships. We're in a bit of a (mini...our semi-annual) relationship crisis right now (is there a switch word for #$%^&* you but it's good. It's like a spring detox....gotta get this stuff out every so often.

DH is out clearing his head right now. I'm home with the kids but staying in a positive head space. We'll talk later and say what needs to be said and hear what needs to be heard.

Divine ~ Love ~ Together

Thanks mamas.
dharmama is offline  
#494 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 04:29 PM
 
~Nikki~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,177
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Does anyone remember that book about the guy who goes to a rain forest somewhere and writes all about his experiences. It was basically about how nothing is a coincidence. I sometimes have a pitiful memory and I read this many years ago, but I think it was essentially about LoA.
Yes, the Celestine Prophecy. And the reason that I'm answering you even though the question has already been answered is this: A few days ago, I wrote down on my placemat exercise "Find the perfect book for me to read" in the "For the Universe to Handle" section. I had a certain book in mind, and was aggrivated that I couldn't find it. But I wrote down "find the perfect book" in case there was something else I should be reading.

I went into the garage that night, on a whim (because I thought all of our books had been unpacked). There was a box sitting by the garage door, so I opened it and tried to pick it up, then dropped it and it tipped over and two books fell out: 1) Only Love is Real; and 2) The Celestine Prophecy. The interesting thing is that both of these books were mailed to me by a man who was essentially a stranger, with strict instructions to read both of them. I remember absolutely loving them back then (about 10 years ago, wowza). But I've fallen out of touch with this guy - a man who was a penpal, I guess....nothing romantic. He told me to mail back "Only Love is Real" and to keep "The Celestine Prophecy." I'm currently reading the first one, and would love to be able to mail it back to him (and also get the lines of communication open again, because he was really cool - wouldn't suprise me at all if him or his wife are members here).

Hmm, maybe that's something else to stick on my placemat tomorrow.
~Nikki~ is offline  
#495 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 05:01 PM
 
WuWei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the moment
Posts: 11,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
she ended up winning $1000!
Wow, that is some exciting Bingo!

Quote:
i thought it was so cute to hear my mum so excited, it really warmed my heart and i just had to share.
What a delight that she is manifesting such prosperity and joy. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Pat

I have a blog.
WuWei is offline  
#496 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 05:26 PM
 
Amris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I am loving and being loved.
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's too hard to find all the posts I'm replying to, so I'll just give the gist and then respond, LOL.


Why do I ask for money, instead of the end result?

Because the money is to pay some bills that are about to go on my credit, and I don't want to attract bills, so I want to keep the word Bills out of it.

On giving:

My experience when I gave when I didn't have enough for myself was that I just had less for myself. When I decided to give when I had extra, I ended up with extra pretty quickly- because giving was more important to me than paying my bills. It's still the same for me. If I spend or give (money) away (rather than things), I just end up with that much too little money at bill time.

The whole "attracting other people's money" thing...

I DO say my money, so I really have no idea how I'm manifesting other people's money. I have decided, though, to ask my mind to reveal to me HOW can I get more money FOR MYSELF. I think part of my problem is that I am trying to manifest money to pay bills with, so I think of it that way on some deep level. I can't wait to find out how my subconscious works this out.

I have a feeling I may already have done so, though. I've lately found myself thinking, "I am so happy and grateful now that I have a high credit score." Whatcha think, hey?
Amris is offline  
#497 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 05:52 PM
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Do you say all three together? What are you switching on/off with them combined?
Yes, you can say them together. The switchword TOGETHER is like the "master' word. THey can be used, as they say in the book, in a creative way AND a receptive way.

DIVINE can be added to "produce apparent miracles and extraordinary accomplishments."

So, the three together: TOGETHER, DIVINE, LOVE, can't possibly go wrong!

I'm just learning (and trying to remember the words that are useful for me and then finding out how they work in combination.) It's pretty cool really.

I'd like to get the book by James Mangan, he's the one who pioneered this and wrote The Secret of Perfect Living in 1963. IT's out of print and very expensive on eBay, but I'd still like a copy.

Hey! Maybe I'll get one w/my virtual money while playing the Prosperity Game!
Annikate is offline  
#498 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 06:02 PM
 
KoalaMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OH CANADA!
Posts: 2,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
a little success story to share...my mum watched the Oprah show about LoA last week, and she really liked it. my parents have been having some problems with money and they have been trying to think up ways to make some more money. yesterday, my mum's friend called her up and asked her if she wanted to go to the bingo. my mum never goes to the bingo but decided she wanted to visit with her friend so she went and put it out to the universe that she wanted to win her spent money back. she ended up winning $1000! she called me this morning all happy because she knows that all she has to do is ask and it is given. since yesterday, she was inspired to apply for a job at the local Home Depot, they advertise for hiring retirees, and my mum is pretty excited about it. i thought it was so cute to hear my mum so excited, it really warmed my heart and i just had to share.
That's so cool! I just adore your mother - she has the greatest energy around her! (I know I only met her once, but I was smitten. )

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
KoalaMama is offline  
#499 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 06:12 PM
 
barefoot mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been working my way through the Treasure Map and LoA threads, but the time I have to do it is so sporadic, I never seem to get them all read!

Here's a question:
My dh is applying for a job as a probation officer. Right now he works almost an hour away, and the PO job would be just minutes away. It pays the same, but without having to pay for all the gas and wear and tear on the car, we would be much better off. Plus, our family is still reeling from the death of our oldest dd, and he really wants to spend more time at home with us. Right now he works 10 hours or more each day (4 days a week), which sounds OK, but it ends up being that he is gone a LOT. The car he drives to work seems to be gradually dying, which one would probably expect from a car with almost 250,000 miles on it! He is very qualified for the job~ he has the degree, the experience, marine corp background. But he has applied for similar jobs with the county and been turned down (this one is for the state).

My question is: how do we work to manifest this? Can we focus on this specific job? I have to admit I'm afraid to do that because I can only imagine the crashing emotions if he didn't get it and we planned on it as a sure thing. Do we focus more on the pieces of it that appeal to us? (Being home more, etc) We've talked about putting some sort of affirmation up around the house on post-its or something. Is that effective?

Any help is appreciated!
barefoot mama is offline  
#500 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 06:15 PM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 32,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Celeste and Arduinna- will it help if I cast on baby gifts for you? Soakers, perhaps?
oooo I would love that! I am planning on using soakers too!
Arduinna is offline  
#501 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 06:21 PM
 
KoalaMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OH CANADA!
Posts: 2,394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
My question is: how do we work to manifest this? Can we focus on this specific job? I have to admit I'm afraid to do that because I can only imagine the crashing emotions if he didn't get it and we planned on it as a sure thing. Do we focus more on the pieces of it that appeal to us? (Being home more, etc) We've talked about putting some sort of affirmation up around the house on post-its or something. Is that effective?
I definitely think you should focus on what benefits you want from the right job, and not a particular job. What if this job isn't the perfect job? What if there's a better one? Don't limit what the universe can deliver to you!

Post-it affirmations sound like a fantastic idea! Or maybe a vision board specifically around this?

Good luck! And keep us posted!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
KoalaMama is offline  
#502 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
 
Amris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: I am loving and being loved.
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What subtle (or not so subtle) changes have you noticed in yourself since seeing The Secret?

Here are mine:

1. I have a sudden urge now to go barefoot most of the time, and am trying to find moccassins for outdoor wear. I don't know why, but I have always liked going barefoot, and this is suddenly important to me again.

2. I've changed my dietary lifestyle dramatically.

3. I'm more patient with my little one.

4. I seem to be able to manifest faster now that I am doing it intentionally and with more awareness.

5. I have become more neat with my house (albeit I was never really that bad, but, you know).

6. My over-all outlook seems better.

7. I find it easier to let go when drivers cut me off, pull out in front of me, tailgate, etc.

8. I am not as interested in "discussing" things anymore with people who aren't interested in my point of view.

But there is one negative:

I am tired almost all the time nowdays. Though methinks that could be more to do with my dietary change than anything else.




any changes in you? share share!
Amris is offline  
#503 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 07:13 PM
 
Arduinna's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 32,562
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
My question is: how do we work to manifest this? Can we focus on this specific job? Do we focus more on the pieces of it that appeal to us? (Being home more, etc) We've talked about putting some sort of affirmation up around the house on post-its or something. Is that effective?

Any help is appreciated!
We just did this, we focused on what was most important to us, not the specific employer. We didn't even focus on the job title as there were a variety of them that dh was qualified and happy to do that are closely related.

So our outcome was in our dream location *since we wanted to relocate* and he got a raise, works less hours and has a terrific coworkers and boss. Plus the place we moved to had a lower cost of living and we saved 500 dollars a month on rent. We are thrilled.


So see and feel what you want and make it happen.
Arduinna is offline  
#504 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 07:34 PM
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
What subtle (or not so subtle) changes have you noticed in yourself since seeing The Secret?

Here are mine:

1. I have a sudden urge now to go barefoot most of the time, and am trying to find moccassins for outdoor wear. I don't know why, but I have always liked going barefoot, and this is suddenly important to me again.

2. I've changed my dietary lifestyle dramatically.

3. I'm more patient with my little one.

4. I seem to be able to manifest faster now that I am doing it intentionally and with more awareness.

5. I have become more neat with my house (albeit I was never really that bad, but, you know).

6. My over-all outlook seems better.

7. I find it easier to let go when drivers cut me off, pull out in front of me, tailgate, etc.

8. I am not as interested in "discussing" things anymore with people who aren't interested in my point of view.

But there is one negative:

I am tired almost all the time nowdays. Though methinks that could be more to do with my dietary change than anything else.




any changes in you? share share!
Great question! Thanks for sharing yours. I'm gonna come back & answer in a little but. (nak)

I could see this becoming a whole new thread too!
Annikate is offline  
#505 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 07:48 PM
 
chasmyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Beautiful British Columbia
Posts: 2,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
I've been working my way through the Treasure Map and LoA threads, but the time I have to do it is so sporadic, I never seem to get them all read!

Here's a question:
My dh is applying for a job as a probation officer. Right now he works almost an hour away, and the PO job would be just minutes away. It pays the same, but without having to pay for all the gas and wear and tear on the car, we would be much better off. Plus, our family is still reeling from the death of our oldest dd, and he really wants to spend more time at home with us. Right now he works 10 hours or more each day (4 days a week), which sounds OK, but it ends up being that he is gone a LOT. The car he drives to work seems to be gradually dying, which one would probably expect from a car with almost 250,000 miles on it! He is very qualified for the job~ he has the degree, the experience, marine corp background. But he has applied for similar jobs with the county and been turned down (this one is for the state).

My question is: how do we work to manifest this? Can we focus on this specific job? I have to admit I'm afraid to do that because I can only imagine the crashing emotions if he didn't get it and we planned on it as a sure thing. Do we focus more on the pieces of it that appeal to us? (Being home more, etc) We've talked about putting some sort of affirmation up around the house on post-its or something. Is that effective?

Any help is appreciated!
Visualize/see/feel what it is like to already have the PERFECT job - I think not that specific one, but see him having a short commute, making a salary that more than meets your needs, what it feels like when he comes home from that job, etc.

Just like visualizing all of the qualities you want a partner to have rather than a specific person, the same with this job. See what it gives you for DH to have the perfect job rather than focusing on a specific job. Then be ready to receive it!
chasmyn is offline  
#506 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
 
crunchyconmomma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
if i can't actually change other people (even for good/positive outcomes ) then how do i apply this to my kids and the absolutely incessant fighting and whining between the two of them? and i can't actually alter them, then why would it be suggested that focusing on how much i don't like the fighting is causing it to happen more?
please help me. i am not enjoying my kids WAY too much of the time. where do i start? even reminders of the basics would be great because i am so at my wits end that i forget everything right now.
crunchyconmomma is offline  
#507 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
 
celesterra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Devon - You know I'd LOVE a soaker for my baby! ! ! Thanks for welcoming her with me.

Today my sister and I went out for a bit of girly shopping FUN, and our first stop was the bookstore for The Secret audiobook! When the bookeseller looked it up for us, he said he'd sold his 2 copies last week, so I told my sis that I knew he'd find one in the back, and pictured him handing it to me.

Sure enough, I left that store with my Secret - and at 20% off, nonetheless! FUN!

I also bought a beautiful, snuggly little jacket for my little one.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
celesterra is offline  
#508 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 08:35 PM
 
MyLittleWonders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Always learning something new.
Posts: 8,275
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kate, my first suggestion (and one I am working on whenever I get irritated with my kids or dh!) is gratitude. Start thinking of why you love them/what you are grateful for in them. Start giving them little "random" acts of kindness, depending on their age it could be a special night in bed (if they don't co-sleep but like to have a "slumber party" - this works well with our 5 1/2 year old as he typically sleeps in his own bed all night), a little note in their lunch/backpack if they go to school, etc. Also, you could start working on manifesting positive interactions with them. Script your "perfect" day ... what are you all doing, and how are you all feeling? How old are they? Are they fighting because they need a little extra time with you right now? I'm stuck now ... but ultimately I'd start with some gratitude/loves lists for each of them to refocus your energy on their "good" sides and not the side that is fighting with the other currently, and then start scripting how you want things (I'm so happy and grateful now that our days are peaceful; I'm so happy and grateful now that we all speak nicely with one another; I'm so happy and grateful now that we have a smooth rhythm that allows for me to have quiet time and also for them to have the attention they need from me ...). And, for an immediate action plan - when they start fighting, look at their immediate needs and make sure they are being met (hunger, tiredness, thirst, loneliness ... ). to you!

 Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
MyLittleWonders is offline  
#509 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 08:42 PM
 
barefoot mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,508
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chasmyn, Arduinna, Koalamama,
Thank you so much mamas. I just talked to dh about this and we are planning on creating something to hang on the wall after (most of) the kids go to sleep tonight. We will focus on the aspects of the job we want in our lives rather than this specific job. I'm excited!
barefoot mama is offline  
#510 of 2309 Old 02-11-2007, 08:51 PM
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,841
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
Chasmyn, Arduinna, Koalamama,
Thank you so much mamas. I just talked to dh about this and we are planning on creating something to hang on the wall after (most of) the kids go to sleep tonight. We will focus on the aspects of the job we want in our lives rather than this specific job. I'm excited!
Hi mama!
nak but wanted to say welcome to our wonderful, awesome, beautiful group!
Annikate is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off