February Law of Attraction - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#661 of 2309 Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The past couple of days I've been incorporating the practice of focusing on positive words/ideas as I drink my water. Love, bliss, joy, and energy are the usual refrains.
Oh just a P.S. to anyone else who does this ---

You know Valentine's day (or the day after ) is a great time to get mugs/cups etc with things already written on them --- you know things like "together" or "love" or whatever ---- so you don't have to label your water

I went to the thrift store the other day and saw a Valentine's type display and saw a really tall mug (suitable for hot or cold drinks like water) which said "LOVE" on it for only a buck -- so I bought it and I drink my water/tea/coffee (basically anything) out of it -- I figure *love* pretty much encompasses everything good ---

just a tip for those who label their water, or say affirmations/words when drinking water

(and for those wondering wth I am talking about there was a very interesting study done which stated that water molecules actually changed when the water was labeled -- the post is somewhere in many of the secret threads and wasn't the original poster so I dunno the exact details... I do it anyway because that seems totally plausible to me seeing as we are made up of almost all water, water fuels every living thing etc...)
#662 of 2309 Old 02-12-2007, 10:45 PM

OK, if I read the next 7 or so pages to catch up, I'll forget all the replies I have, so I'm just going to make them as I go. I'm having a harder time keeping up with this thread than with the dishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
Arduinna, I love that you started a blanket for your baby. I've been playing with the idea of knitting for our baby-on-the-way, too. I've done it in the past, but not since my second loss. Now I'm ready.
I think this is a great idea for both of you!
Shortly after I lost my first son, a magical friend started knitting a baby blanket for me, with the intention of my having a healthy baby. It is actually what they call a baby shawl, and it's round and a beautiful pattern with lacy edging... It is a tradition in my friend's family that someone knits one for each baby born. At the time he started it, I couldn't even think about another baby; I was too busy mourning. My friend carried my hope for me!
Now, DS often sleeps with the blanket, which is beautiful!
#663 of 2309 Old 02-12-2007, 10:46 PM

CC, what a fab idea! I was thinking yesterday that I needed to find a cool way to label my glasses, and you just manifested my answer!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#664 of 2309 Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 PM

re: water - Ikea has really wonderful pitchers and inexpensive clear glasses etc... I have done glass etching in the past, putting Chinese characters on them. I love the idea of "messages in water" and have been wanting to put loving words on more of my water-holders! Here's a picture

zannalyn, your post was really touching. i haven't cast anything on yet, but yesterday i did buy a gift for my baby. i like arduinna's affirnation, too. it's so sweet that your baby is sleeping with that shawl now.

Koala - every visit www.cuteoverload.com ? It's always good for a laugh for me!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#665 of 2309 Old 02-12-2007, 11:43 PM

Another question (thanks everyone so much for your help by the way!)...

Why is it so hard to get a new board here for something that is obviously of great interest to a lot of people? I guess I've missed it.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#666 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 06:34 AM

Amris: PMed you

ETA: Forgot to mention that I've never got to say that on a thread before, and I was just thinking that about 30 seconds before the opportunity to PM you appeared.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#667 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 07:04 AM

OMG, Chasmyn- you're Purple Goddess in Frog Pyjamas?!

I've read you off an on for quite some time!

I love "coincidences"

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#668 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Wow, I just made a startling discovery. It kind of reminds of the saying, don't like the message shoot the messenger. And I feel like that has been happening somewhat in my life. Even though I am not a proselytiser, if you ask I will share, if it doesn't work for you no problem, time to move on. And then of course the little light bulb moment happened. I sometimes think our own joyfulness and satisfaction is threatening or angers to others. Instead of expending energy trying to figure out why someone is upset when they insist nothing is wrong, I will wish them peace and happiness and let it go.

edited to add that, WoW! I really am just sitting here with the hugest smile on my face because it feels so good to have realized that.
That is HUGE Arduinna. Thanks for posting this!!

I started The Masters of The Secret free online course yesterday. It is AMAZING!!! The first session is a conversation between Bill Harris and Joe Vitale.

I had to keep pulling over in my car to jot down notes and plan to listen to it again so I can write a few more points that really resonated with me down.

Here's something that was said that I loved...

You can have anything you want, as long as you don't need it! (Joe Vitale)

In this part of the conversation he was emphasizing the need to let go of attachment of what we are desiring (ie...I need this to happen -- my dream job, my dream house, the perfect relationship etc. -- so I can finally be happy).

He talked about the power of the present and being happy and content with life as it is...while still pursuing our goals and interests. But he said going after these goals is different because you do it from a place of peace and power and you are not trying to force it to happen so that you can be happy.

Same old LoA stuff we've been talking about forever, I know. But it just hit me a little differently yesterday when he said it.

You can print a transcript of the conversation and listen to the audio as well.

The next lesson, which will be available next week, is with Lisa Nichols.

Followed by...
Hale Dwoskin
John Assaraf
Jack Canfield
and James Ray

Very cool stuff!
#669 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
That is HUGE Arduinna. Thanks for posting this!!

I started The Masters of The Secret free online course yesterday. It is AMAZING!!! The first session is a conversation between Bill Harris and Joe Vitale.

I had to keep pulling over in my car to jot down notes and plan to listen to it again so I can write a few more points that really resonated with me down.

Here's something that was said that I loved...

You can have anything you want, as long as you don't need it! (Joe Vitale)

In this part of the conversation he was emphasizing the need to let go of attachment of what we are desiring (ie...I need this to happen -- my dream job, my dream house, the perfect relationship etc. -- so I can finally be happy).

He talked about the power of the present and being happy and content with life as it is...while still pursuing our goals and interests. But he said going after these goals is different because you do it from a place of peace and power and you are not trying to force it to happen so that you can be happy.

Same old LoA stuff we've been talking about forever, I know. But it just hit me a little differently yesterday when he said it.

You can print a transcript of the conversation and listen to the audio as well.

The next lesson, which will be available next week, is with Lisa Nichols.

Followed by...
Hale Dwoskin
John Assaraf
Jack Canfield
and James Ray

Very cool stuff!
I listened yesterday too! And I can't wait for Lisa Nichols ~~ I adore her!
#670 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
I have a question.... when do you guys do your thinking/thanking/asking? I can't seem to find the time to do it!!! I want to but I am having trouble being in a quiet place and concentrating.
I try to do it through out the day, but usually I do it on my way to work - at least the part where I visualize how I want to be, the type of work I want to be doing, answering the phone when clients call, getting new clients etc.
The gratitude part I do throughout the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post

ETA: We posted at the same time fek$fuzz --- I completely get that. I feel similarly -- While I don't invite negative emotions and thoughts, I honor them when I have them, especially when I believe they are an appropriate reaction to a given situation (if that makes any sense). My intent when I honor them is to do just what you described, give them a name, feel the feeling, acknowledge it, let it out, and be on my way back to good things --- the *trap* I think is when we (collective) either ignore them and try to push against them so hard that they come racing towards us -- or *honor* them to the point that it sucks us into depression --- it is a balancing act, but like anything, with practice -- it gets easier and easier.

edited again -- notice my typo on your user name fek&fuzz?? I laughed out loud at that (dollar sign, money is comin to you!) -- coincidence, I think not!
Oooh, I love that typo! It's so true because I am a money magnet. Money comes easily and from multiple sources.
#671 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 AM

Well I tried to concentrate on it before I went to bed and that really seemed to help! Maybe that's the time for me.

#672 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife&mommy View Post
Well I tried to concentrate on it before I went to bed and that really seemed to help! Maybe that's the time for me.
That seems to be the best time for me too - although I'm really getting good at doing it throughout the day now! It just takes practice.
#673 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 PM

Just sharing an e-mail I just sent my DH. We had some tough times over the weekend (I posted a few pages back and many of you gave amazing wonderful advice).

-----

if you could see me today you'd be proud...

i'm working on birth network stuff mostly w quinn on my back (to keep him out of trouble) with my hood up so he won't pull my hair...acting as a poop midwife for lily...trying to help her relax and try different positions so she can get a poopy out on the potty...and just finished making supper for tonight so you can just heat it up when i'm gone (shepard's pie).

crazy...but i'm having fun!

it feels totally different when you and i are connected and supporting each other. i feel like super woman who can handle anything!
:-)

----

LOVE ~ DIVINE ~ TOGETHERNESS
#674 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 01:19 PM

just went upstairs and found the most wonderful surprise...

my DH made the bed!!!

i had been grumbling about his lack of help with housework for weeks (trying not to...realizing i was creating this reality...but still doing it ).

today i hadn't had a single thought about his "lack" but just about how amazing he is and how blessed i am. i even switched the photo on my desktop from my kiddos to one of him that i love.

and then to go up and find that gift (not a big deal for some i realize but for us it's huge!!!).

amazing stuff.
#675 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 01:35 PM

dharmama, that's lovely about your dh making the bed. i found the action of you changing the photo to your dh's to be very powerful. not only is it an important symbol to your children, it sends a very positive message to your hubby, too! sounds like you're building up to a very sweet valentine's day!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#676 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
Koala - every visit www.cuteoverload.com ? It's always good for a laugh for me!
LOVE this!! Vibrations go through the roof!!
#677 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:26 PM

I'm sorry... I just can't keep up!!! So I am sending love and blessings to everyone, wonderful manifesting!! and now I am going to talk about myself

(by the way, I am SO INTO a get-together! I'll travel anywhere - but I'd love someplace warm! )

I tried the Abraham-Hicks Placemat exercise yesterday... made my To Do List and made a list for the Universe. One of the things for the Universe to do was "Make fun plans for the weekend"... a few hours later I get a text message from a friend I don't usually hang out with but LOVE hanging out with, inviting me to a hockey game this weekend! Score one for the Universe!
I was totally buzzing all night last night.

I have been listening to The Secret audio... it's so powerful and ITA about RB's voice!!! It's so soothing.

I've been having trouble waking up with a *buzz* though -- I try to think gratitude thoughts but my mind is such a jumble it's usually tough, and then the bad thoughts creep in... loneliness, etc. It could also be because I'm not home in my own bed, I wake up confused and it takes me a few minutes to get familiar. Ho hum... feel better as the day goes on though! :
#678 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post
just went upstairs and found the most wonderful surprise...

my DH made the bed!!!

i had been grumbling about his lack of help with housework for weeks (trying not to...realizing i was creating this reality...but still doing it ).

today i hadn't had a single thought about his "lack" but just about how amazing he is and how blessed i am. i even switched the photo on my desktop from my kiddos to one of him that i love.

and then to go up and find that gift (not a big deal for some i realize but for us it's huge!!!).

amazing stuff.
That's great! And what a nice surprise.

#679 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I'm sorry... I just can't keep up!!! So I am sending love and blessings to everyone, wonderful manifesting!! and now I am going to talk about myself

(by the way, I am SO INTO a get-together! I'll travel anywhere - but I'd love someplace warm! )

I tried the Abraham-Hicks Placemat exercise yesterday... made my To Do List and made a list for the Universe. One of the things for the Universe to do was "Make fun plans for the weekend"... a few hours later I get a text message from a friend I don't usually hang out with but LOVE hanging out with, inviting me to a hockey game this weekend! Score one for the Universe!
I was totally buzzing all night last night.

I have been listening to The Secret audio... it's so powerful and ITA about RB's voice!!! It's so soothing.

I've been having trouble waking up with a *buzz* though -- I try to think gratitude thoughts but my mind is such a jumble it's usually tough, and then the bad thoughts creep in... loneliness, etc. It could also be because I'm not home in my own bed, I wake up confused and it takes me a few minutes to get familiar. Ho hum... feel better as the day goes on though! :
I find it helpful to visualize, as I am drifting off to sleep, waking up in a positive, happy state.

It seems that this has two positives- one, it helps me to actualy do that. two- it keeps me from going to sleep in a negative state, which seems to perpetuate itself.
#680 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:38 PM

Does anyone have some ideas for me..? I am having an insemination on Thursday morning following many months of ttcing. This cycle we tried some meds and are having an IUI. I am very hopeful and feelng positive. I am looking for some affirmations perhaps. I will be nervouse during the procedure, but want to try and stay focused and relaxed.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#681 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot View Post
Does anyone have some ideas for me..? I am having an insemination on Thursday morning following many months of ttcing. This cycle we tried some meds and are having an IUI. I am very hopeful and feelng positive. I am looking for some affirmations perhaps. I will be nervouse during the procedure, but want to try and stay focused and relaxed.
I'll start looking for a baby gift to knit you! Just stay positive, it sounds great!

Arduinna and Celesterra are thinking about the same thing... look back through some of their posts-- they have some great affirmations!! I think A is saying "I am so happy and grateful for the new life growing inside me!"

And :
#682 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Good luck!

How about focusing on all that you're gratefful for - your partner andthe things you love about him, the joy you'll experience as parents, the love streaming from both of you to your child! Don't focus on THIS IUI - focus on the outcome and the wonderful feelings associated with it.

I'll copy/paste from my message from the universe this morning:

Not events, Joan, but outcomes. Visualize outcomes.

Not the cracking of the bat, but gliding over home plate.

Not the inking of the deals, but the kind of life you'll lead.

Not the scale, the diet or food, but the admiration you have earned.

And not the whens, the wheres, and hows, but the laughter, high-fives, and wows.

Not events, Joan, but outcomes. Visualize outcomes.

The Universe
#683 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:52 PM

Quote:
spend those moments being grateful for this technology? Spend those moments being grateful to your doctor? Spend that time being grateful that you live in a time when this is possible?
#684 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 02:52 PM

Penny (Joan?) I got the same message! Perfect for today!
#685 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 03:01 PM

Thank you all so much. I am feeling very grateful for my children and the joy they bring us. I am also very grateful to the doctors, they have done so much and been very supportive. I am also grateful for my husband for his support and love. I am also grateful for my healthy fertile body doing exactly what it is supposed to.

Thank you for the reminder of visualizing outcomes, that's wonderful.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#686 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 03:08 PM

These are the main 2 I am focusing on

I am so happy and grateful for the beautiful new life growing inside of me this very moment.

I declare peace and harmony indwell and surround me at all times. All is well.
#687 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 03:18 PM

This should probably belong in one of the b'feeding forums but I just you mamas so much I really can't post it anywhere else. PLUS, everything I do these days I'm trying to do around LoA so it really *does* belong here.

I have a goal to completely wean dd2 by her 2nd birthday in April. I have been b'feeding for almost 3 1/2 years now and while I know others have gone longer, and I think CLW is nice in theory, it's not going to happen here for me.

I b'fed through my pregnancy and tandem nursed for 10 months after that until dd1 was almost 27 months old.

DD2 is completely night weaned now (yay!) and yesterday didn't even ASK to nurse until about 5 pm!

I AM happy about this because as much as I hate to admit it, I *think* my b'milk is doing her more harm than good (I still have amalgams, she reacts to foods I eat, etc..) But I digress.

I am having some really bittersweet feelings about all this. I loved nursing my girls and still do but I'm really ready to be finished, I'm just having trouble visualizing myself as a non-b'feeding person and to be honest, besides being happy, and joyful that it is happening, I'm also sad, and the worst one: I'M SCARED.

I don't know why really, and I'm in the process of figuring that out. The thing is, I don't want the Universe to *hear* me and reverse it yk? I mean, I am really not ambiguous on the issue, I'm just feeling other things pop up.

Just wondering what you wonderful, insightful, (and most of all ~~ POSITIVE THINKING ~~ mamas) have to say about this. :
#688 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Annikate... I would stop pushing against this fear, and take a moment to really look inside and see what exactly it is made of. A moment of reflection on a perceived negative will not un-do your efforts! When you understand why you are scared, you will no longer be scared. Look at it, love it, and release it.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#689 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 03:21 PM

Your children will still love you and depend on you, dearest.

It's a big stage! It's sort of like a mini "moving out of the house" thing! If you weren't apprehensive, you'd be either perfect, or something would be severely wrong with you, IMO. :
#690 of 2309 Old 02-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Annikate, sorry I have no help. DS weaned himself at 19 months and it was definitely bittersweet.

Can anyone tell me about the placemat excersize? I've heard some of you speak of it and it sounds interesting.

TTC affirmations - http://www.empoweredchildbirth.com/s...n/connect.html

My fave is "Our life is big and flexible enough for another human to share it with us."

Anyone have any valentine's plans? It is the holiday to celebrate all love! (Thanks for the holiday cup tip CC, I'm going to search the after holiday sales.) There is a comic in the Sunday paper here called Mutts and it was all about love last weekend and it made me feel so ready to celebrate love all week long. I love my family and house and town and weather and gym and hobbies and health and fun etc etc. I'm really feeling some strong feelings of love lately.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page