February Law of Attraction - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_mom View Post
Is there a book "Law Of Attraction" are just different authors about the subjects?
There's lots and lots of books on the Law of Attraction, and some of them are titled "The Law of Attraction" - one is by Esther and Jerry Hicks, and one by Michael Losier.
#62 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

See, you have to look beneath the surface regarding money imo. Sure, there are those people out there who live in complete excess and (seem to) not care about the poor etc -- but that is not your concern. It really isn't. Believe me, I used to hold that view on money too, it was disgusting to me the people who just *blew* it on random stuff and crap -- and believe me, it isn't that my opinion has changed so much, but my focus has. Being critical, judgmental, cynical and *disgusted* didn't make someone buy one less Hum-V, or give more money to the poor. Just as the *bling* is a distraction for some people, focusing on how disgusting they were for having it was nothing more than a distraction for me. A way to feel morally superior and a way to cushion the stress of being poor "well, we can't pay our rent but AT LEAST we aren't as disgusting as all those Hum-V drivers! (or whatever)". It was a way to divert focus from actually changing my life.

....and hey, if I had all the money in the universe right now, I know I still wouldn't buy diamonds or Hum-v's and that's okay. What I would do though, is be able to take any focus off the worry/stress/concern that I sometimes feel from *not having enough* money, and be able to put all my energy (and much of my money) into changing the world and helping it become a better place for those who are wanting my help.

... and also remember we sometimes make snap judgments too. Take my sister, if you looked at her and my BIL's life on paper and their house, cars etc -- you would totally snap to them being some of "those" people. They do well for themselves, let's just say that....

...but I do know my sister donates her time and money to breast cancer research/awareness, the homeless, several charities....my bil would give anyone the shirt off his back, they are kind, loving, beautiful, caring, giving people ---- omg the stuff she donates to charities is stuff she could easily sell... she is amazing....

...does that fact that they also live in a big nice house and drive expensive cars negate that? Do they not deserve to have things which they enjoy just because others don't have them?

Besides, I think the way I used to think only hurt me in the end...

Now I am focused on money only because I don't have anything else to focus on I say that jokingly of course, but I mean I am at a place of peace, of happiness, of joy and gatitude, I am happy in my marriage, my extended family, with my daughter, with my life, so the only thing *missing* (if you will) is having the money to be able to do the things which would enhance our happiness --- more donating of money, more self care (organic food, massages, yoga classes etc), being able to afford things which help the environment (solar panels and an energy efficient home/hybrid or bio diesel car etc)...
#63 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 02:18 PM

so this is my new thing... "Expect checks in the mail."

I've started (today) sending myself the check in the mail from the prosperity game. That way, I KNOW I will get checks in the mail every day!
#64 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
the stuff she donates to charities is stuff she could easily sell.
we never sell anything -- we give lots of things away. It is so much fun to be in a place where we can do that.

We aren't Christians but several times when I was asking around to see if anybody wanted something that we had decided to get rid of, people have told me that it was something that they had been praying for. I really believe that when we release our things to the universe, the universe sends us back the energy in a way that we can use it.

I do believe that you can manifest the things that you need. I also believe that manifesting money can mean that you get to be the person who delivers things for the universe when someone else has manifested them. It is really, really cool to be the delivery person.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#65 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 02:58 PM

captain crunchy - will you marry me in your next life?! Seriously, I love reading your posts and your insight. You have summed up very nicely my journey with my thoughts on money. It is only recently that I have been able to start changing *my* views and realize that my resisting money isn't helping anyone. It also, imo, feeds the belief that there isn't enough to go around. If I have more money, that doesn't mean there is less for anyone else. I, too, don't really want money for more things. I honestly live a very comfortable life, even on one teacher's salary. We have a beautiful home that I am slowly coming to accept as mine. We are currently having an awesome wooden playset installed in the backyard. We have parents that are more than willing to "help" out through thoughtful and much appreciated "gifts" (for instance, my il's bought us a fireplace screen for Christmas - something we needed but hadn't bought yet; my dad helps with our over-the-top property taxes; my mom treats us to things each week like breakfast, a new top, or whatever - she has basically supplied me with my wardrobe!) and we can afford to make real, whole, organic food and raw milk our priority. But, even though dh and I have always managed to make "just enough," I am finally getting to where I can put aside and shed all my misconceptions about wealth and money, and where I can begin to manifest more to me. I would love having more money than we need in the bank so I can secretly gift things to other people. I have a very good friend that I would love to spend a couple hundred on her birthday. I would love to hire a Feng Shui consultant for my dh as a surprise for his classroom. Simple things that take money. And I feel I am finally in a place where I can do this without the negative, underlying issues blocking the energy. A really good book, imo, is Stuart Wilde's The Little Money Bible. My mom bought it for me for Christmas and I love it.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#66 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 03:21 PM

Linda, WOW. I can't tell you how much reading those articles has helped me. I have been working to start my own nonprofit (an educational farm) and realize I should have the same attitude with my OWN wealth that I have with the nonprofit's - amass as much as possible so it can be used for GOOD. I mean, if I really don't like what the dominant wealth symbols are in this culture, then why not become wealthy so I can CHANGE the symbols of wealth. I'm envisioning a world where we brag to our neighbors about how much we gave away last year, about how many people we fed, about how many homes we built, about the what we did for the world!

I guess with the attitudes I've had for so long I just have this feeling that wealth would somehow corrupt me into wanting those things, or worse, thinking I NEED to have them. It's time to have the self-confidence to know that won't happen!

Amris, I respect the opinion that the poor came here to experience it - but it just rings false to me personally. I won't share them here because it is so sad, but talking to people in poverty (especially mothers who have lost children to it) makes a strong argument against that in my mind. Maybe this is not Abe-Hicks, but I have a slightly different take on LOA: that, once awakened to the possibility, we manifest as individuals our own reality, but that our collective consciousness can also manifest on the world as a whole. That we are not only manifesting their own reality but the reality of the rest of the world. That we collectively shut others out of our hearts and make suffering possible. I don't think there is an adequate LOA or religious explanation for human suffering - and the only one I find in my own mind is that we did this somehow and that we should dedicate ourself to making the world better. I know this is long and rambly and incoherent but I'm just struggling with this right now so it's all spilling out.

Totally unrelated: So, am I missing something about Oprah? Is there someone from MDC that is there?!?
#67 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 03:52 PM

Darwinphish, I'm going to start a new thread to explain the "freedom of choice" issue, because it contains other parts of spirituality (one needs a complete picture, i feel). I will call it, "A different spiritual perspective" and explain WHY I believe as I do, and we can talk there further about the choice versus fate discussion, since really, fate is not LOA, and I think this thread is going off-course a little.

Hope that's okay with everyone?
#68 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
Totally unrelated: So, am I missing something about Oprah? Is there someone from MDC that is there?!?
We were all hoping that it was YOU!
#69 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 04:24 PM

Aw, well, I think I have a few things to work through first - as evidenced above! I hope someone from here is on!!!
#70 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
so this is my new thing... "Expect checks in the mail."

I've started (today) sending myself the check in the mail from the prosperity game. That way, I KNOW I will get checks in the mail every day!
Love this!!!
#71 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
(clip)
Sometimes I imagine a little bubble around the negative thought and then the bubble just floating away.

Focus on what you are gratituful for. I keep a gratitude journal and before I go to bed I write down at least 5 things that I am grateful for. I recently started a Book of Positive Aspects as well. It has a page for different people/things/places in my life and I write down the things that I like about them on the page. I have a page for my DH, one of each of our kids, each of our pets, our home, my favorite indian resturant, my car, etc. Some of the pages are silly -- like the page on my vacuum (I REALLY like my vacuum!)

My DH thinks it is funny that I have 3 journals going -- but one is sequential (the gratitude journal) one is topical (The book of positive aspects) and one is random (I have a spiral notebook that I do different LoA exercises in).
I do the bubble thing! I learned it in Yoga, I love it!!

I just started the Gratitude Journal... my list is getting SOOOO LONG! I think once I get the permanent things down, I will start writing at least one thing per day that I am especially grateful for.

The thing is, I am generally such a positive, happy person... just in the past week since my breakup I've been really down. I'm sure once I move through these feelings I'll be in a much better position to start manifesting. So I am working on Gratitude and Positivity. I started this morning by telling my class we would have a great day, and we did!
#72 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 05:46 PM

Meanwhile, I realized I already HAVE manifested things without even realizing it.

Last fall, I was at Target looking at shoes and they had the cutest ballet flats in black, but I already have black. (the shoes are all on racks, not really organized but kind of grouped by style) I thought "I wish they had brown!" and found a brown pair, but not my size. So I thought, I wish they had my size! And even though I had ALREADY LOOKED all over the rack, something told me to look again I found them!! I kept telling people I had wished them into existence, but I guess I must have attracted them :

Also, I visualize at yoga all the time and I am able to do poses I never could otherwise! I have noticed 100% of the time, if I THINK I can do it, I'll do it, and if I don't think I can, I won't be able to. So why shouldn't it be true of life?
#73 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
captain crunchy - will you marry me in your next life?! Seriously, I love reading your posts and your insight.
MyLittleWonders, thank you so much for your nice compliment!!! That means so much to me to read --- and while I don't believe in past lives/present lives -- I am sure that you've just proposed one of my husband's manifestations (me with another woman, get it har har j/k)

Seriously though, it means a lot to feel heard and to feel like someone is getting something from what I put out there....made my night hon!

Thinking of you all, as always... and thinking too, that our family here in the LOA threads is just growing closer and closer -- I see it in our conversations, I see how we are evolving and growing and how we are beginning to all have a familiarity with eachother that only true friends (or the beginnings of them) have....

#74 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 09:58 PM

Captain Crunchy - you think our hubby's know each other?! And I'm just returning the favor as I've been touched often by what you say/write.

#75 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 10:06 PM

You two are cracking me up!
#76 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 10:14 PM

This is where I am now. I am on the cusp and it is scary.

I've been working on attracting new clients, more clients, better clients. I've been envisioning people recommending me and hiring me. And it's been happening. The clients are coming in. They are hiring me to do higher paying work. And today a guy called who has $6 million in property and needs some trust work done to protect it. I don't know quite what to do about it yet, but we set an appointment for him to come in and for us to talk, then I can do some research and contact some of my mentors for guidance but this is exactly the type of client I've been hoping for.

And I have the chance to move to a new office, in the same building but on the top floor, a better office, in a suite with people I like and respect.

But when I was up visiting the space today I couldn't breathe. And there is no downside here. The cost is not that much more (although it seems like it is, but I know once I have the new space for the clients they will come.)

I just think that what I am afraid of is that I will be a successful attorney, who has a steady stream of clients and a good income and a retirement plan and health insurance and maybe a house and all those things that seem so far away, but may be so close. I don't know how to be that lawyer though.

But you know what, money anxiety is scary, too. And it makes me not able to breathe. And it doesn't help me be a better lawyer or serve more people or be a better person.

So - I can totally see myself in that new office, meeting with clients, setting them at ease, collaborating with the other attorneys, learning new things, expanding my skills, living life on MY terms, as I choose and loving every single minute of it.

Just breathe in and out. in and out.
#77 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 11:37 PM

fek&fuzz - Thanks for posting your story. Congratulations! You deserve it! Let me show you what stood out most when I read your post:

Quote:
I don't know how to be that lawyer though.
Of course you do. That's what you trained for. This whole thing is a process and so what if you're not *that* lawyer *right* now. You're becoming *that* lawyer, and every single day get a little bit closer to being her.

Breathe and enjoy it!
#78 of 2309 Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 PM

f&f's post reminded me of something I've been thinking about lately in regard to watching our manifestations happen.

Has anyone else experienced this:?

I find myself soooo excited or anxious about really wanting something and working hard on manifesting it and then once I've actually got it - once it has come to pass it seems so . . . normal. Like, what was the big deal?

I've since manifested writing gig after writing gig. Exactly what I wanted. I remember a few months back sooooo wanting and wishing for it and now it's part of my every day life - like it's always been this way.

I'm working on manifesting a big contract. A big one, and one that I want very much because it will allow me to manifest other things as well. I, too, am anxious and nervous, but I just keep trying to feeeeel myself working on this project and reaping the benefits it's going to provide.
#79 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I find myself soooo excited or anxious about really wanting something and working hard on manifesting it and then once I've actually got it - once it has come to pass it seems so . . . normal. Like, what was the big deal?
One of the Abraham-Hicks podcasts from Hay House Radio talked about this. The idea that it's not the results of the manifestation that will do it for you as much as the excitement of the creating. She said she's never known an artist that just wanted the sculpture finished NOW, but that the joy was in dreaming it up and watching it unfold. I find that to be such a thrilling thought!

Love you all, and love this thread. <smooch>

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#80 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
Linda, WOW. I can't tell you how much reading those articles has helped me.
:

I had a light bulb moment after typing up that post. I was thinking about the fact that you keep looking at the silly things people do with lots of money rather than focusing on the cool things people do with lots of money, so it adds to your resistance.

Then I realized that I do the same kind of thing, but with body image. Most of the women I know who are slender and attractive do really unhealthy things such as extreme dieting (like living on diet coke and slim fast), having botox or plastic surgery, etc. It all really icky stuff that I don't want to be a part of. Yet, I really want to manifest a healthy weight and to feel pretty. I realized that if I keep associating being thin and pretty with what I consider undesireable behavoir, it is going to be really hard for me to attract a healthy weight. So I decided that I need to manifest some friends who are healthy weight and look great because they eat right, exercise, and really love themselves!!! These women MUST exist, and gosh darn it, I want them for friends!

#81 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc View Post
The thing is, I am generally such a positive, happy person... just in the past week since my breakup I've been really down. I'm sure once I move through these feelings I'll be in a much better position to start manifesting.

You're going to do great! The key is to feel good, and it sounds like that is your natural state.

#82 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 03:18 AM

*blushes*
I didn't know we'd started a new thread. I've been wondering why the other thread is so slow.

Oh, well, if you don't mind, I'll copy a post I just made on the old Secret thread:

I have a tricky situation that's off-topic but I'm posting it for two reasons: 1) I'm trying to apply the LOA in every area of my life and 2) You guys just give such great advice.

So...I've fallen for a friend, which is a tricky enough situation in itself, but- the main problem is, he's kind of involved with somebody. It's not too serious, and I don't really see it going anywhere, but it's still a hard situation for the moment.

Any advice on what I should do? I would never tell him how I feel while he was involved with somebody-I don't want to get between them. But how do I make myself feel better right now? It's hard on me, hearing him talk about her, knowing he's talking to her. I've always been jealous, and I'm trying to keep that in check, but it's tough.

TIA.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#83 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
I just think that what I am afraid of is that I will be a successful attorney, who has a steady stream of clients and a good income and a retirement plan and health insurance and maybe a house and all those things that seem so far away, but may be so close. I don't know how to be that lawyer though.

But you know what, money anxiety is scary, too. And it makes me not able to breathe. And it doesn't help me be a better lawyer or serve more people or be a better person.
Remember part of my favorite quote by Marianne Williamson....

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.It is our light, not our darkeness that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brillian, gorgeous, talented and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. You were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

It's great that you're getting everything you're manifesting. Perhaps you could manifest some guidance, some strength, wisdom and courage to handle the new tasks!!!

BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE!!!
#84 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
Oh, well, if you don't mind, I'll copy a post I just made on the old Secret thread:
I responded to your post in the Secret thread.
#85 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 11:39 AM

Fek&Fuzz, you might also remember the part in the Secret about driving at night, and how you only need to see what's in your headlights, and you can go all the way across the country. You may not know now how you will do all that you will be asked to do as an amazingly successful lawyer, but you don't have to know now. You just have to do the next thing. And the next. Like breathing. In one of the Abraham/Hicks things they say abundance flows to us like the air; it's always there unless we resist it. You don't worry about what you'll breathe tomorrow... you just breathe right now. Let go of whatever resistance you find, and it will all flow to you. Congratulations, and enjoy!
#86 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 12:09 PM

Jealousy is a product of insecurity.

Every one of us has a "core value" that we place upon ourselves. Let's say that a newborn's "core value" is 1,000. Now, the newborn grows and becomes a toddler. The toddler is told that pulling the puppy's tail is wrong.

A little while later, she pulls the puppy's tail, knowing that it's wrong to do so. Deep down, she feels bad because she knows she hurt the puppy on purpose. So, that's -100 from her core value.

A few days later, she gives her toy to a little girl that is crying because her house just burned down. She knows this was a good act, and she feels really great about it. That's +200 to her core value.

What's my point?

My point is that you need to work on your core value. Actively focus on doing things like volunteering, cleaning up your house, spending time with your children... things that raise your value TO YOURSELF. Focus on feeling good about what you're doing.

This will take your focus off of your friend, AND it will help you stop feeling jealous (because jealousy comes from insecurity, so the less insecurity you have, the less jealousy you will feel).
#87 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 12:32 PM

My cards for today:

Voyager: The hanged man (reversed): I notice today the bright star the man is holding in his hand, and the swirl of the water vortex. The broken scissors (which is actualy a stork), and the broken goblet. For me, a reflection of the chaos that I felt yesterday. The star is a reminder that light can be found in any darkness, if you choose to see it.

EMF card: Integration: definition: 1. a process of becoming whole; 2. the intermixing of people, groups, or apsects of self, previously segregated
#88 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Remember part of my favorite quote by Marianne Williamson....

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.It is our light, not our darkeness that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brillian, gorgeous, talented and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. You were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

It's great that you're getting everything you're manifesting. Perhaps you could manifest some guidance, some strength, wisdom and courage to handle the new tasks!!!

BE ALL THAT YOU CAN BE!!!
I needed to read that today. Thank you for posting it (and do you mind letting me know which book it's from?).

#89 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 01:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddleduck View Post
I don't 'believe' that manifesting lots of 'stuff' would make me happy - some stuff - yes maybe but i'd have the same 'me issues' if i had lots of money - for me i work on manifesting soul nourishing things - sunny days, friends, good relationships with family, health. That being said i am currently trying to manifest a new house

I'm finding it a bit hard to 'buzz' at the moment - quite frankly its hard finding the time with a 2 year old and a 6 month old who are full of snotty cold. But at the same time there is nothing that takes you to that happy place as well as being with your children.
I'm also trying to move away from doing things / or not doing things motivated by fear. I think that is where wanting a lot of money comes from the fear of having none.

And i'm trying to avoid all media - i turned on the radio today to hear about the estimated temperature for the planet rising by 3c over the next 50 years - it really scares me what my children will inherit - so putting a positive spin and seeing / feeling my children grow up in a healthy / happy world is my no:1 manifestation at the moment.

I'm also trying to give things away rather than sell them - going to go through my loft and clear everything out and find it all a good home & start packing up as the universe shoudl be sending me my new house soon (with a big garden to grow veggies and keep chickens).

I've just fininshed reading Excuse me..., i'm half way though Ask..., and i've finished Divine magic. Divine magic is about the Seven Sacred Secrets of Manifestation - a new interpretation of the Hermetic Manual 'The Kybalion'. Its a nice short book, quite easy to read and fills in some of the missing bits from the other books.

Has anyone read any of the Jane Roberts / Seth books? I know that Ester Hicks was a fan. I started reading one when i was pregnant with ds2 and planning my unassisted birth as Laura Shanley also talked about the seth books and creating your own reality. I reaslise now where i went wrong when planning my pain free labour - focusing on the pain free aspect just brought be lots of pain and a really long labour! Should have focused on orgasmic childbirth Anyway back to the point - i read some of the seth book but found it hard going so i stopped with a feeling that i needed to go away and read other books and come back to it later when i was ready - i think that might be the time now.

You know - just typing this has really picked my vibrations up - must make a contribution to threads more often rather than just lurking!

Visualising you all having a fantastic day.

Vikki
Puddleduck,

I love your name by the way.

your Post made me giggle.. I could see your energy shift as you typed it.. cracked me up...

keep posting.
I also am so glad to see you are in the UK....

how many people here are from places outside of USA/Canada?

I really like the thought of Secret/LOA MDCers' turning lights on all over the globe, kwim?

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#90 of 2309 Old 02-03-2007, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
by the way.. I have been emailing all my friends the link that coreybreeze put up in personal growth...

coreybreeze put up a link where anyone who is still looking for The Secret but can't buy it right now and or wants to have other friends watch it...put it up ... this link has the movie.. but better go quick, you know how these things get shut down kind of quickly.

http://www.universallawstoday.com/secret.html

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page