February Law of Attraction - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Lots of GREAT questions!

I think that one of the things that you want to manifest is clarity.

Quote:
I don't want to visualize something that may not be the right thing for me. I don't think I always know what's best!
I don't believe that we are here to figure out what some other entity's plan is for our life, or that there is one right answer that we have to discover. I think we are here to make choices about what we prefer. When you change from trying to figure out what is *right* to trying to figure out what you *prefer,* it softens the whole thing.

When you are visualizing something, if the visualization makes you happy, then you are working on manifesting something in your life that will bring you joy, but if the visualization brings you negetive feelings, then you are working on manifesting things that will make you unhappy. It really is just that simple. The LoA is working all the time and everyone is manifesting things whether they realize it or not. The goal is simply to be aware of what you are creating in your life and to learn to use this power to make your life they way that you want it to be.

I love Ask and It is Given by Hicks! One of the excercises to to get 4 pieces of paper and title them for the major areas of your life -- My Body, My Home, My Relationship, and My Work. On each page, write a few sentences about what you want in that area of your life. Don't try to write everything, just hit some high points. Then go back and make a list of *because* statements for each of your sentences.
For example, "I would like to manifest a way to invest my savings to earn lots of interest --

because it would make me feel happy
because it would be a better use for my money
because it would be interesting to learn about investing
because it would help me getting closer to my long term financial goals
etc.

The idea is that when we focus on why we want what we want we lessen our resistance. Ask and It is Given recommends doing this once a week for awhile.

BTW, I think that as you work on other things and lessening the resistance in your life, you life will become very dynamic and exciting and that other people will pick up on that. At some point, you are going to meet some amazing guy while you are busy doing something cool that you love, and he will feel all that energy and be totally crazy about you

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#122 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cards for today:

Voyager: Six of Worlds- Synergy: I notice the two swans, and the sunflower. The two swans have their wings spread, and are JUST about to brush against one another. The sunflower is growing out of Saturn, which is a dead world.

This card's message is for someone else today: From dead, barren ground can come a flower, whose seeds are multitudinous. For this to happen, you must dance more closely with your partner. Let the brush of fingertips become a full embrace. The seed of the flower lies in your mouth (communication is key).

EMF card: Security: definition: the state of feeling safe, stable, and free
#123 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Banned

Linda, amris, you women are awesome! Love the posts last night/today, that's part of why I love when new people join us in our journey -- because they inevitably ask questions and I get a free refresher course

#124 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 06:15 PM

My gosh, this thread is getting unwieldy! : I had about 8 things I wanted to reply to but right now I'm drawing a blank. Yeah, we need our OWN forum, in a big way. I see it working best in Personal Growth where there's no post limits!

Just wanted instead to say a general thank you to all you mamas, veteran and new, for keeping LOA in my consciousness, for the way we keep each other from getting distracted by small stuff, for the way we work through issues and resistance together. It is SO valuable to me. And like a PP said, I love coming here and never being told "oh, youre scr*wed!"

So I've been really having fun with the prosperity game on choosingprosperity.com. I really have been thinking about what I would do with that daily infusion of cash, and for the first time it's a GREAT feeling. I have been giving to my favorite organization Partners in Health each day, and it just feels FANTASTIC. I give them a little more each day and have gone from $15 to $50! I've also gone on wild shopping sprees at Whole Foods, Etsy, and bought a month's work of yoga classes!

I have a prosperity game question - is it OK to pay off debts, or is that just thinking about debt? I would love to, when I have enough, to give the whole check to my student loans one day. Is that just focusing on debt or would the relief I'd feel be the key thing? I can't get them out of my mind when I'm spending the money, so I wonder if paying them off with my checks from the Universe might get me around that resistance?
#125 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnoriensMom View Post
anyone else in the 30 day challenge think its wierd to be saying "the sun is shinning and the grass is green" when it is freezing, gloomy and gray outside?
haven't been able to do that part!
I've been saying "The snow is white, the sun is shining bright!" because we've happened to have a little snow (finally! I love snow!) and also sunshine on the "wealth" days. Gloomy grey days... guess you have to know that the Sun is always shining, is always our source of energy and warmth, even when we can't see her. I also give thanks for my warm dry house a lot!
#126 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
So I've been really having fun with the prosperity game on choosingprosperity.com. I really have been thinking about what I would do with that daily infusion of cash, and for the first time it's a GREAT feeling. I have been giving to my favorite organization Partners in Health each day, and it just feels FANTASTIC. I give them a little more each day and have gone from $15 to $50! I've also gone on wild shopping sprees at Whole Foods, Etsy, and bought a month's work of yoga classes!

I have a prosperity game question - is it OK to pay off debts, or is that just thinking about debt? I would love to, when I have enough, to give the whole check to my student loans one day. Is that just focusing on debt or would the relief I'd feel be the key thing? I can't get them out of my mind when I'm spending the money, so I wonder if paying them off with my checks from the Universe might get me around that resistance?
I'm also doing the game, but from the Abe-Hicks 30 day thing, and the amount goes up $1,000 each day. Early on I paid off my loans, and I know it's ok to do that if it feeeeeeels good which it did/does. The thing that feels best to me is when I can feel "Oh,it's ok to spend this because there will be lots more tomorrow!"

I was having trouble spending so much money; today is $16,000. But then I took all the days I never decided what to spend it on, added them up and decided to put a virtual downpayment on an excellent house that I saw online, and since then I have been fixing it up with a woodstove, insulation, and today it's a solar hot water system and other fun things. I haven't even gotten to furniture yet.... or the almost 2 acres and the gardens I dream of. Or the hybrid car to park in front, or renovating the barn... Yesterday I was playing at designing a cool swingset for ds, but it got frustrating and I decided it'll wait for another day, or another website. DS saw it and said "Dat come my house?" and I said maybe. Our yard here isn't big enough, but at our new house there will be more than enough space!
#127 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Linda, WOW. I can't tell you how much reading those articles has helped me. I have been working to start my own nonprofit (an educational farm) and realize I should have the same attitude with my OWN wealth that I have with the nonprofit's - amass as much as possible so it can be used for GOOD.
Here is another one!

http://goldsea.com/Asiagate/605/29hines.html

I just saw a special on TV about this guy that brought tears to my eyes -- what he and his mother overcame, how his visit to Korea last year affected him, and some of the results of his foundations work over the last year (he started a foundation to help biracial children in Korea with 1 million). Because of him, things are changing for biracial people in Korea. They can serve in the military or in the police, which had never been allowed before, for example.

He also invited over a bunch of kids from Korea for a vacation and paid for everything.

One thing I've been thinking about it how at first it seemed artificial to focus on the positives, but as I work on it I realize how much I was missing when I was trying to be "realistic." I'm starting to wonder if there is a limit to how much we can process and absord each day, and if we are giving attention to negative things it really keeps us from seeing the positives because we just don't have space for them. Being positive is neither more or less realistic that being negative -- it is simply a choice as to which parts of the physical world we want to be a part of.

#128 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Being positive is neither more or less realistic that being negative -- it is simply a choice as to which parts of the physical world we want to be a part of.

Here's a business Linda! That is an awesome quote, you need to put that on mugs and posters and stuff ....so awesome! I am going to remember that to simply say to anyone who may want to bring me down (but they won't be there because I spread and attract happiness and abundance wherever I go )
#129 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting this! I just signed up for the game. It looks fun.

I would think that paying off debt would be a good thing and would help you *rid* yourself of the unwanted, opening you up for more prosperity.
#130 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Being positive is neither more or less realistic that being negative -- it is simply a choice as to which parts of the physical world we want to be a part of.
Again, Linda. You are a typing guru.

Pat

I have a blog.
#131 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post

Pat
I agree! Linda!

There's so much I want to say and respond to, but I can't keep up!
#132 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 09:24 PM

I missed this thread until I saw it mentioned on the manifesting our LoA board thread! I'm skimming to catch up...lots going on! So grateful for all you amazing mamas!!

Just wanted to share that I'm listening to Julia Cameron talk about The Artist's Way and I feel like it came at such a good time for me. With so much of LoA being focused on being HAPPY and FEELING GOOD....getting my creative juices flowing is really helping me to do that!
#133 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 09:29 PM

darwinphish... Here's what the FAQ on Choosing Prosperity says in response to your question about paying off bills:

Quote:
Great questions! Here is the most important distinction related to this game: 'What' you choose to spend your money on is not as important as how this choice makes you feel. The goal is to use the money to feel positive and expanded by it.

As I've written in response to people who ask about using the money to pay bills (although the same applies to all other related situations), the question is, "Will paying off your bills help you to feel more light and expanded?" If so, go for it. If, on the other hand, diverting the money to pay off bills ends up making you feel frustrated and down (because either you resent having to spend towards the bills or because choosing to pay off your 'real world' bills plunges you into a negative focus on your current financial situation), then I would suggest not doing so.

If thinking about a purchase helps you to feel good, then you are on the right track. If thinking about a purchase leaves you feeling constricted and dissatisfied, try another choice.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#134 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 10:59 PM

Tonight, I manifested Jon Krasinski. I was seeing the movie DreamGirls, and the thought drifted into my head that "my ex, Erik, is like Roy from The Office, and I am Pam. I don't WANT Roy, I want JIM!" And I swear, at that moment, Jon Krasinski (the actor who plays Jim) appeared on the screen in a bit part. How did I do that???: I am taking it as a sign that I am on the right track moving forward to new happiness.

Meanwhile, I made a list a while ago of all the "Must Haves" and "Would be Nice" things I am looking for in a guy, and every guy I get involved with gets a *score* so to speak... well, no one has ever gone 14/14 on the Must Haves until the guy I met on Friday!!! And he got the highest number ever on the Would be Nice... he may or may not be my soul mate but I'm definitely doing better!
#135 of 2309 Old 02-04-2007, 11:01 PM

P.S. I also manifested a Dr. Wayne Dyer CD!! I was over my friend's house (I home instruct her son-- we manifested THAT one for sure) and I found it among his Barney CDs -- I had no idea she was into this stuff, now she is sharing all her CDs with me!
#136 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 AM

Ok, one more thing and then I'm really done for the night!

What do you do when you have a negative thought? Is there any way to erase or counteract it? When I get a knee-jerk negative reaction, I try to push it away but is there anything else I can do?
#137 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc View Post

What do you do when you have a negative thought? Is there any way to erase or counteract it? When I get a knee-jerk negative reaction, I try to push it away but is there anything else I can do?

Of course there is a way to counteract it, have a positive or affirmative thought! For me, it depends on what kind of negative thought I am having. Sometimes for me, I need to process and work through the negative thought or it will keep coming up again and again, so I honor that thought and move forward. I do though, in every situation immediately go to a thought of gratitude -- it was not easy at first, but I have found that I have taught myself really well how to do that and no it happens fairly easily for me.

For instance say you have a thought about your ex and it pisses you off, makes you made, upsets you --- if it is something you don't want to think about, go to your place of gratitude. That doesn't mean lie to yourself. In other words you don't have to think "I am thankful my ex was so wonderful" if he wasn't!!! Instead you can think something like, "I am so thankful that he took me to ___ concert, I loved seeing them live!!" ... or something.

I don't know that I recommend *pushing away* negative thoughts. I would think that would manifest more, because the act of pushing something away in my experience only adds my energy to it. I am fighting against it, determined NOT TO THINK IT... so I am dwelling on it, even in my resisting of it (they talk about this a lot in The Secret)....

Instead, as I mentioned -- I either go to *my happy place* (different for everyone!) but basically a place of gratitude, joy, a happy memory -- I will listen to music, or go take a walk, or immerse myself in something to divert my energy -- or if it is an emotion I feel I need to honor, to work through, to figure out so I can move forward, I do that too ---- but my energy while honoring and working through it is based on the intention that I am working toward feeling GOOD again, as soon as possible. Does that make sense? Sometimes I am clear as mud, but I try

Hope that helps
#138 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Quote:

It depends on how big the negative thought is. For little negative thougts, just change the subject and think about good things. Think about things that you are grateful for, imagine yourself someplace beautiful -- just replace the negative thought with a positive thought.

For HUGE negative thoughts, you might need to take some time to really work through them, gradually reaching for a slightly higher feeling. This is what most of the book "Ask and It is Given" is about -- reaching for a slightly higher feeling. If you have something HUGE eating you up, you can't just slap a happy face sticker on it to fix it, you have to gradually work through it by being real with yourself while choosing to gradually move to slightly higher vibration, and once that one is practiced, moving to one that is slightly higher than it.

#139 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post

Pat
:

BTW, what does your screen name mean?

#140 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post

BTW, what does your screen name mean?
It is a Taoist phrase. It means to act without impact.

http://www.hku.hk/philodep/ch/wuwei.htm
http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/JR-PHIL/loy3.htm

Pat

I have a blog.
#141 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 AM

Once again, Linda and Crunchy, you guys are goddesses! I am going to try everything you suggested.

A big part of my negativity is this schadenfreude I have toward other people I feel are doing better than I am. I tend to put everyone else's lives up on a pedestal and then I get a little tickle when I find out they're not perfect, which I really wish I didn't do. I think I will start to manifest focusing on the great things in my own life and stop caring about what everyone else is doing (you know what I mean... not stop caring)! I have already started trying not to compare myself to everyone else, and it's been working ok!

Like Captain Crunchy said, It's not easy at first! (Oh, I had an moment reading your post... so funny that you mentioned a concert - I took HIM to one because he couldn't afford it and I really wanted someone to go with. You're so right about the positive memories)

I need to read Ask and It is Given... I think that will help me a lot.
#142 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM

When I'm feeling negative about a certain person, often I'm not able to think of something nice about them. When that happens I switch my mind to thinking about something ELSE that brings me joy that has nothing to do with them.

It's great when it works...feeling grateful about a person to dispell negative feelings about them. But I find it works better for some people than others and this gives me something else to do.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#143 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 10:08 AM

Quote:
A big part of my negativity is this schadenfreude I have toward other people I feel are doing better than I am. I tend to put everyone else's lives up on a pedestal and then I get a little tickle when I find out they're not perfect, which I really wish I didn't do. I think I will start to manifest focusing on the great things in my own life and stop caring about what everyone else is doing (you know what I mean... not stop caring)! I have already started trying not to compare myself to everyone else, and it's been working ok!
You might want to do a little work on why it makes you feel better to hear that someone else is not doing as great as you thought. When I read your comments I thought of jealousy, and when I think of jealousy I think lack of confidence in your ability to achieve the same things (love, money, career, happiness... it doesn't matter about the 'what'). If this feels 'on' for you, then I think you might benefit from some affirmations like these:

I am capable of having anything my heart desires.
There is nothing I cannot do or be.
The world is full of experiences, and I can choose any of them as my own.

Once you believe that you can do anything, or be anything, then you're not likely to want anyone else to be/have less than what they can be/have. You can view the experiences of others as wonderful examples of things you might like to choose for yourself!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#144 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

I agree with Koala...it sounds like an issue of self-esteem and confidence. Do some personal growth and realize all the wonderful qualities that make you, you. Focus on all the good things that you do, all the lives you impact, etc. When you feel good about yourself, you find the good in others.
#145 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM

I started the 30 Days book yesterday and had so much FUN! I really love the list in the morning - separating what I am going to do vs what I am giving to the Universe is awesome. Very clarifying and freeing.

I had a great success yesterday - I was able to get us in line to receive a great solution to an issue with cell phones for everyone living in my home: We got new cell phones for me, my sister and my hubby for just $20! I was stoked!

When I opened the book last night, I came to the exercise where you do BOPA for yourself and others... but I couldn't find what BOPA means! Do any of you know?

TIA!

ps: Hi Devon! Good job being so inquisitive and ready to learn!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#146 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 12:39 PM

BOPA = book of positive aspects You create lists of all the wonderful things you appreciate about a person.

Melanie
#147 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
ps: Hi Devon! Good job being so inquisitive and ready to learn!
Hi Celeste!! I started the 30 Days book today too!! I can't wait to do more! I think I still have your number, we should really chat one of these days... maybe even get together!

Thanks for all the comments. It's funny, I feel outwardly like I am very confident (if you ask my friends they'll tell you how much I love myself! Except my best friend, she sees right through me) but when I really dig deep I realize I very often feel inadequate! I am also EXTREMELY dependent on outside approval in order to feel good about myself. I need to practice affirmations to realize what an awesome person I truly am! And that I DESERVE great things.

In other news, I manifested not being late for work today! I left later than usual, I would normally be late, but I visualized looking at the clock in the office and it saying 8:44, signing that time on the sign in sheet, my name not being highlighted, etc, and it TOTALLY WORKED.

And I won the Super Bowl pool I'm giving it all away though, because so many people need it more than I do. (Weird question - it's not like, rejecting it by giving it away, is it? I am just blessing it out to others).

I am so hopeless with this stuff! Thanks for being such an AWESOME support system!
#148 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 02:38 PM

To me, giving away something you win or purchase in and of itself isn't an issue. I am manifesting great amounts of money in order to help others. But, it's the attitude of "other people need it more than I do" that to me, raises possible red flags with the Universe. From my upbringing (was raised with these beliefs and then fell away and am relearning them for a lack of a better word), telling the Universe that others need it more than you basically tells the Universe not to continue sending it your way. So, instead I would focus on the feeling/joy/excitement of continuing to manifest money so you can feel the joy/excitement/love of giving it to others as well.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#149 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 02:43 PM

I do need it, and I deserve it, and I love sharing it with others! It makes me so happy to be able to help someone in need.

Does this work for an affirmation?
#150 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
And I won the Super Bowl pool I'm giving it all away though, because so many people need it more than I do. (Weird question - it's not like, rejecting it by giving it away, is it? I am just blessing it out to others).
It depends on how you look at it, I suspect.

The Law of Attraction states that there is plenty for everyone. If you are looking at them and seeing them as lacking, that feeds the concept of lack. It seems as if you do not look at other people and see them as their REAL selves, the powerful, creative, beautiful being... you see them as a being of lack, limited and incapable of creating for themselves.

If you are seeing them as rich, powerful, creative, beautiful, mighty beings, then you are seeing them correctly.

For, either we ARE, or we are NOT, beings with unlimited power and creativity. There is no in-between with something such as that. It's like being a little bit pregnant.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page