February Law of Attraction - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc View Post
There's always SOMETHING else I could use, if nothing else I could it put it in my 401k :, so does that mean I should never give? I hope not.
Yes - that's the point I was trying to make. I've always giggled at the words "extra money" - what exactly is extra money?

Sure, I could put that $10 (or $1 or $100) toward my credit card debt and make a very small dent. Or I could give it to someone who needs it for more pressing reasons.

I give when it feels right, and feels good, not out of obligation.

And since I've been more giving, I feel more abundant. I haven't been freaking out about debt - a new feeling for me!
#182 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 07:02 PM

kdmama -- this may be totally off the mark, since I obviously don't know the history with your ds2, but I feel compelled to recommend a book called "Children's Past Lives." This book says that often problems you can't find a "logical" reason for are often due to past life memories. Perhaps he had a trying relationship with his mother in a previous life which is impacting his relationship with you. Again, this may be off base, but I still can't help think this might be worth examining. Hugs to you.

Here's an Abraham quote from a few days ago -- I thought of it when someone mentioned (I think on this thread?) that "isn't dreaming of the future taking away from the power of now?" I loved this quote:

People say. "If I'm always setting goals and reaching for the future, then am I not squandering my now?" And we say if in your now you're using a future event to make you feel good, you are still feeling good in your now. And that's the best use of now that you could ever find.

Also, to Annikate and Chasmyn, I, too, have issues with ds constipation (though not lately due to the flu!). It has been normal for him to go only once a week and when he does, it's traumatic for him. I've tried the mantra "he poo's easily and calmly" with visualization with minimal success, but I'll try it for the 73 seconds with the switchword "SWIVEL." Thanks so much for this discussion! Annikate, can you elaborate more with your success if you don't mind? How often was dd going before and how much is she going now?
Thanks!

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#183 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
So, I followed the link to the "switchwords" thing that Tracy linked- I've already forgotten which thread it was in. But anyway, I decided to use the "Do" switchword.

So, suddenly, I realized I was walking around muttering, "Doo doo."

Well, I had read the testimonials, so I figured I'd add another word to it, so that I wasn't saying 'doo doo' all day. So I started saying (then shortly later singing), "Doo be doo be doo..."

: :

I hope it still works! :

Amris, you may have started a whole new genre of songs! Just take a few useful switchwords and put them together with a little melody, and just walk around singing and raising vibration..... I like this, I think I'll make one up, too.

And I'm sure it'll work; laughter raises your vibration, too!
#184 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 07:48 PM

Captain Crunchy, be sure to come to Mass. Our new house will have plenty of space to park your airstream!
#185 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdmama33 View Post

What do I do to turn this relationship around? I feel so much anger and resentment and guilt and disgust wrapped up in this. How do I start to feel good about our relationship again, about DS2 again?
1) Listen to this song: http://www.myspace.com/amysteinberg

2) Watch this short video. http://www.raisingsmallsouls.com/
(It is free.) I found it poignant and insightful.
Click on the purple link and the purple rectangle.

3) Read this insightful and inspirational article: http://www.livingjoyfully.ca/anneo/I_Am_What_I_Am.htm

4) Listen to this song: http://www.myspace.com/amysteinberg

All is well,

Pat

I have a blog.
#186 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
I really like that too! It makes me think about feelings like contagion, how we spread them around (does this have anything to do with my 2nd flu in as many months? ) and how we need to work on our *own* joy so we can spread that around too!
Instead of Chicken Pox parties....we could have happiness parties. Careful...it's addictive!!!
#187 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
1) Listen to this song: http://www.myspace.com/amysteinberg
Thank you for reminding me, I needed this just now.
#188 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM

OMG, that song made me Thanks, Pat, it's beautiful.

computergeek2.gif  Spirit Baby Intuitive (and really cool chick)

#189 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
OMG, that song made me Thanks, Pat, it's beautiful.
I know. I get goose bumps from thinking about it even. It is so powerfully affirming and soothing.

Pat

I have a blog.
#190 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Here's something interesting from Steve Pavlina's site - especially if you're new to practicing this.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...ys-to-success/

The only thing I don't like is that he suggests giving up online forums.

#191 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 11:19 PM

Just coming into this thread but I have a question..

Has anyone used the LOA to get healthy or lose weight? I got the CD of the secret and it has a whole section on it but I can't seem to get into it. Ideas?
#192 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 11:24 PM

I have been using LoA, at first unknowingly, to both lose weight and get healthy. For the losing weight, I just kept getting excited thinking about fitting in smaller jeans, getting excited eating healthy things ... basically feeling the joy I would get when I was where I wanted to be. For getting healthy, one of my affirmations is "I am so happy and grateful now that I am healthy and whole." As I've been doing that, I've been paying attention to my instinct and intuition and follow leads that seem to pop out of nowhere (for instance, seeing a person's signature on here linked to the Feingold Program over and over finally got me to click on it and investigate it for my family. Sorry ... baby is interrupting ...

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#193 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I'm having a little trouble being patient and letting my manifestations come when they're supposed to.

Anybody else experiencing this? I mean, I *know* they'll come, but I'm wanting to see the results *right now*. It's like I'm drumming my fingers and tapping my toes waiting, waiting, waiting . . .
Some of my manifestations have come really easily, some are taking more time. The ones that are taking longer are in areas of my life where I have more resistance. I am doing things to continue to lessen the resistance in those areas, which is wonderful because it is such a gentle and postive way to grow.

In areas of my life where I didn't have much resistance to start with have been much quicker. It is so much fun! Things that were OK before are really really fun now!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#194 of 2309 Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post

Has anyone used the LOA to get healthy or lose weight? I got the CD of the secret and it has a whole section on it but I can't seem to get into it. Ideas?
there are 2 threads on the personal growth forum on this. One is "manifesting a body I love" and the other is "the happiness diet"

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#195 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 01:03 AM

I was supposed to start the 30 Day Challenge today but I didn't, so I will start tomorrow, first thing when I wake up.

I have the pdf file, but is there more to it? I don't know what Segment intending is and I don't know what a Creation Box is... is there a more thorough introduction somewhere?

What are some things you take care of, and what do you give the Universe to handle?

Also, I have an EXTREMELY personal issue that I feel like this stuff could really help me with, but I am not going to post it here (trust me, we're all better off ). I have come to rely on you guys so much for advice about all this stuff! Anyone think they're up to hear all my secrets and advise via PM? It's nothing creepy or weird, but it is ... not for the faint of heart. :

Have a great night, everyone!
#196 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörð View Post

We have a thread on it:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=590106
#197 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 AM

Do we have a thread anywhere with a list of books related to the law of attraction, either directly or indirectly related?

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#198 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 03:39 AM

I started the Prosperity Game today as did dh. I can tell you I felt so relaxed and well-attended to following my virtual massage and pedicure. Is anyone else doing the Prosperity Game? If so, how are you doing with your list of 100 things? I am so totally stumped there.

#199 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
Do we have a thread anywhere with a list of books related to the law of attraction, either directly or indirectly related?
There's this thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=586161

Which of course you are free to add to
#200 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
I started the Prosperity Game today as did dh. I can tell you I felt so relaxed and well-attended to following my virtual massage and pedicure. Is anyone else doing the Prosperity Game? If so, how are you doing with your list of 100 things? I am so totally stumped there.
I signed up for it and honestly haven't had time to really read any of it. I added like...4 things to my 100 things so far

But massage and pedicure? Yes! I'll add those. I've never even had a pedicure! In fact, I'd love an entire spa day - maybe even a spa weekend!!! (I've never had one of those, either).

Hm. Are there enough of us to start a thread about the Prosperity Game? This can get lost easily, perhaps we can support each other?
#201 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, I signed up but haven't read the whole thing and I'm stumped on the 100 things too!

If I have time later I'll read some more.

I'm stumped on the *value* to put on my 100 things. Like, do you have to put a $ value? HOw do you do that with, say, patience? (That;'s one of the things I want.)
#202 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
There's this thread:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=586161

Which of course you are free to add to
There are a lot of website links in that thread, but I don't think there are many (any?) books listed. Is there a thread for books? If not, there should be! I listed a few at the ai makoto LoA forum.
#203 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Yes, I signed up but haven't read the whole thing and I'm stumped on the 100 things too!

If I have time later I'll read some more.

I'm stumped on the *value* to put on my 100 things. Like, do you have to put a $ value? HOw do you do that with, say, patience? (That;'s one of the things I want.)
4-person tent: $260
Coleman lantern: $32
Patience to deal with my kids while camping: Priceless!

:
#204 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
4-person tent: $260
Coleman lantern: $32
Patience to deal with my kids while camping: Priceless!

:
Exactly!
#205 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 PM

It's the value thing that's getting to me too ... I'm not sure if it's a monetary value or an emotional value. If I think of something I want to "do, be, or have", I don't think I want to focus on the money involved, but from an LoA pov, I would want to focus on the emotion/feelings involved. Hmm ... maybe that is what I will do then - put emotional value on my list of 100 things. And, I think a thread for this is good ... but I think I'll start it in personal growth. I'll put a link here as soon as it's made.

#206 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 12:48 PM

Could someone please post the link to the Prosperity Game everyone here is talking about. I've searched and searched and keep missing it (I know I've seen it!). I've only seen the version in 'Ask and it is Given' - I'd like to check out this other version too. Thanks.
#207 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 12:51 PM

Here is the thread I just began in personal growth about The Prosperity Game. My thread has the link to the game itself. And here is a direct link to the game.

#208 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you!
#209 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 01:29 PM

11 pages and it's only the 6th!!!
#210 of 2309 Old 02-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
There are a lot of website links in that thread, but I don't think there are many (any?) books listed. Is there a thread for books? If not, there should be! I listed a few at the ai makoto LoA forum.
Yes, yes, AND you could add the books there, too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page