February Law of Attraction - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2007, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought I'd start it off for the month.

This is a thread for discussion, ideas, sharing, help, support etc. with any law of attraction things. The aim is to be consciously creating daily.

I'll share the Hicks Daily Card I pulled today.....

"There is Enough Room for All Ideas and Experiences.
From your non-physical perspective, you understood that there is room enough in this expansive Universe for all manner of though and experience. You had every intention of being deliberate about your own life experience and your own creations, but you had no intentions of trying to control the creations of others."

Happy February Manifesting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 02:43 PM

I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I thought
I'll share the Hicks Daily Card I pulled today.....
Are you getting that online?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:12 PM

I'm here! I'm still listening to my audiobook of The Secret (from audible.com) a little each day. It's actually the last thing I do each day. I used to read before bed every night, but instead I'm listening to a book every night. I'm almost done, and I'm really enjoying the audio format, so I'm going to need another recommendation of an audiobook soon.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:14 PM

Oh, I love it. I have a habit that I will start posting.

I select a Voyager Tarot card each day, and an EMF Mastery Card every day. This helps me take a few moments to focus and helps me bring out what I need to be reminded of for the day.

Tarot: The Hanged Man: In today's card, the first thing that I noticed was the darkened reflection, held in hands that are cupped together. This is my reminder that my dark moods reflect onto my reality. I am reminded that my life is in my own hands, every day.

EMF balancing: Enlightenment: Definition from the back of the card: "a harmonic way of living one's life based on knowledge, insight, intuition, and discernment." A reminder that once gained, you cannot turn your back on knowledge without consequences, and to follow my intuition.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:28 PM

I JUST watched The Secret DVD last night and I am dying to know more! Subbing to this thread.

At the moment, I am developing an "Attitude of Gratitude", making a list of every single thing I am grateful for, and trying to attract:

~a good observation from my boss, with NO Needs Improvement and 5 Exceeds Standards

~a phone call from my recent ex-bf telling me he was stupid and he misses me (figured I'd start small before I start trying to manifest my Soul Mate )

Any suggestions? :
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM

Hi! Oh, I always want to respond to every single post but I'll be quick before I share my wow for the day:

Amris - that's very cool (and insightful too!)

devonc - funny about the ex-b/f (Manifest GREAT things like your Soul Mate - you can do it!) And . . . gratitude lists ALWAYS help me. Without fail, every single time.

MsChatsAlot (I always smile at your name) - you'll be interested in my next post. GOtta go get the book 'cause I forget the exact title . .. .
Old 02-01-2007, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
I'm almost done, and I'm really enjoying the audio format, so I'm going to need another recommendation of an audiobook soon.
You could check out www.hayhouseradio.com because they have tons of free downloads that you can record onto cd or whatever and listen to anytime. I personally love the Hicks/Abraham stuff, Wayne Dyer and others are great too. Lots of great stuff you can check out there when you're done.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc View Post
I JUST watched The Secret DVD last night and I am dying to know more! Subbing to this thread.

At the moment, I am developing an "Attitude of Gratitude", making a list of every single thing I am grateful for, and trying to attract:

~a good observation from my boss, with NO Needs Improvement and 5 Exceeds Standards

~a phone call from my recent ex-bf telling me he was stupid and he misses me (figured I'd start small before I start trying to manifest my Soul Mate )

Any suggestions? :
If you don't mind my saying so... it is unwise to attempt to over-rule someone else's feelings. Your ex is gone, that is his choice. Trying to regain HIM in particular is setting yourself up for some bad karma, because it's a form of trying to take away someone else's free will.

What is highly recommended is that you go back to the time that you were with him, and HAPPY... and write down how that felt. What feelings does being in a good relationship give you? What did you enjoy about the RELATIONSHIP? Not actions he took or things he did or things about him... instead, what about the FEELINGS that you enjoyed with him.

The reason for being in a relationship are many.... companionship- ask for that. friendship- ask for that. contentment- ask for that. a feeling of belonging- ask for that. a sense of being loved- ask for that. happiness- ask for that.

Always ask for the end result, not for the means to get there.

The end result isn't being with him- the end result is happiness, feeling loved, having someone to love. Don't narrow it down to only being happy with HIM, or only feeling loved by HIM, or only getting to love HIM. Do you see how you limit yourself and Universe that way??

And for your job, what is the end you are after from the desire to have your boss give you good marks? Probably more money... so why not cut to the chase? What things do you want as a result of more money?

A better home? Ask for that!
A new car? Ask for that!
A better wardrobe? Ask for that!
A fun vacation? Ask for that!

If you limit it to only getting your vacation after you get a raise, or only getting a new home after you get a raise... then you tell the Universe it's not okay to give it to you through winning a contest, or through someone leaving it to you in a will, or through you getting a loan from HUD, or from.... the Universe's resources are unlimited.

But you certainly can limit it to only getting a raise or getting an old boyfriend back. The question is... why would you want to? Especially since maybe your old boyfriend isn't the best you can get. Did I say that out loud??
Old 02-01-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
I'm here! I'm still listening to my audiobook of The Secret (from audible.com) a little each day. It's actually the last thing I do each day. I used to read before bed every night, but instead I'm listening to a book every night. I'm almost done, and I'm really enjoying the audio format, so I'm going to need another recommendation of an audiobook soon.
Ask and It Is Given by Esther and Jerry Hicks
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camotyka View Post
Are you getting that online?
No, they are daily inspirational cards I treated myself to that I bought online through hayhouseradio.com. I love them because I can quickly pick a card at any time and get a little LoA message.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:42 PM

I've pretty much given up on reading "Excuse Me..."

But I want to share the new book I'm reading:

"Life's Missing Instuction Manual" by Joe Vitale (he was in 'The Secret')

http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Missing-...e=UTF8&s=books

I highly recommend it. It's a great, quick read. Most of the entries are short - less than a page. There's some stuff written by other people too.

I love his insight - and his sense of humor.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Jumping in here :

I just watched "The Secret" last night....still processing, gonna see it again today....

However, the thing that jumped out most for me was that I DID manifest my soulmate! It's a great story, but the short version is that I went from 6.5 years of no dating and celibacy, to meeting my DH, in 6 weeks! All because I wanted it to happen. We knew the night we met we would be together for the rest of our lives. I also remembered other things about my past from watching the film, both good and bad, that I know I manifested.

I'm just at the beginning of all this now, but I'll be lurking....

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
Old 02-01-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I've pretty much given up on reading "Excuse Me..."

But I want to share the new book I'm reading:

I highly recommend it. It's a great, quick read. Most of the entries are short - less than a page. There's some stuff written by other people too.

How come you've given up on Excuse Me...?
Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Oh, that reminds me! I bought Wayne Dyer's "Inspiration - Your Ultimate Calling" card deck a few days ago.

I used my Border Rewards that I had to use by Jan 31, so they didn't cost me anything.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:

I loved him on The Secret for the same reason (well, I loved most of the Secret Teachers). I just checked audible.com and this is on there and 4 hours 52 minutes long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post
Off to listen to the sample on audible now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
You could check out www.hayhouseradio.com because they have tons of free downloads that you can record onto cd or whatever and listen to anytime. I personally love the Hicks/Abraham stuff, Wayne Dyer and others are great too. Lots of great stuff you can check out there when you're done.
Oooh. Free is always good. Thank you!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn View Post

I enjoy part 2 better than part 1. They are separate sets.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 02-01-2007, 03:55 PM

Let me preface this by saying that I LOVE Excuse Me. It really hit home w/me. Maybe b/c I relate to the author's background.

Then I got Ask And It Is Given. It's good (especially the exercises) but it's the kind of book imo that needs to be read over and over.

So then . .. .I go into my 2nd hand book a couple weeks ago b/c I just had a *feeling* I'd find something. I found a copy of A New Beginning II A Personal Handbook to Enhance Your Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness by Jerry & Esther Hicks.

WHOA! Has anyone else read this?

I am only 60 pages into it (it's 277 pgs. plus a huge appendix) but I am totally blown away.

They give a *detailed* description on how to communicate with what they call the "Inner World" and I soooo know it works because I've experienced it before. I tried again last night but was so tired I only fell asleep.

It's totally amazing. I highly recommend it.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
How come you've given up on Excuse Me...?

It was just getting repetitive and cumbersome for me. I did read the last chapter (Thirty Days til Breakthrough) and the Appendix about the "WooWoo Wands," though. I got the Joe Vitale book from the library about the time I was tiring of "Excuse Me" and I couldn't wait to start reading it. So I gave myself permission to give it up.

Oh, I made the WooWoo Wands (out of metal hangers) too! I made them a while back, and had little success with them. Then I realized that I cut them larger than she recommends, so I thought that might me affecting them. So I cut them down yesterday - and I also realized I was holding them wrong. Now they work great! Very cool!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
It was just getting repetitive and cumbersome for me. I did read the last chapter (Thirty Days til Breakthrough) and the Appendix about the "WooWoo Wands," though. I got the Joe Vitale book from the library about the time I was tiring of "Excuse Me" and I couldn't wait to start reading it. So I gave myself permission to give it up.

Oh, I made the WooWoo Wands (out of metal hangers) too! I made them a while back, and had little success with them. Then I realized that I cut them larger than she recommends, so I thought that might me affecting them. So I cut them down yesterday - and I also realized I was holding them wrong. Now they work great! Very cool!
I still haven't tried the wands but really want to. Just need to do it.

Yeah, I think I actually skipped over a whole chapter or two in the book (the one on money and the one on relationships I think). Sometimes a lot of talk about $ just bores me. I don't have issues surrounding it so it doesn't really interest me yk? I think I skipped the relationship part b/c I wanted to get to the *good stuff*.

I'm really enjoying the Excuse Me Course online though. That was my Christmas present to myself.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Banned

Hi everyone, I'm in!

Right now I am manifesting a couple of things. The main thing is the completion of our CD, inspiration to finish the songs, a smooth time of recording it, and of course, lots and lots and lots of people to buy it!!

I am also manifesting money money money moneyyyyyyyy... money comes easily and frequentlyyyyyyyyyy.... I want MONEY

I really believe my motivation and intention comes from a pure place on the money part because I have spent the last, oh 10 years or so working on myself and through my *issues* and while I believe we are all wonderful works in progress, I really believe I am at a place of self peace, happiness, inner joy, and contentment --obviously it doesn't mean I am bouncing off the walls happy every moment of the day (who is ) but I mean that I believe had I tried to manifest money in the past (a lot of it I mean) that it probably wouldn't have worked because I was not aligned with myself, my inner peace, gratitude and contentment. My husband and I joke (laughter is a great manifestation tool too!) that we feel we have come in alignment with our marriage, our parenting, ourselves, our gratitude --- so we say like in The Secret "so where's my stuff?

I am very grateful for what we do have, but I want so much more. Not so much material things, as I don't care much for jewelry and such -- but I would love a home of our own with some land, or the money to be able to get a massage every week (I'm having my first ever professional massage in a couple of weeks along with my best friend yay!) ... things like that.

I am off to virtual shop now... kind of like my version of the prosperity game but with no set dollar amount or rules.... I also plan on virtually donating money too, as it would be something I would definately do a lot more of given the chance.

Glad to see the newcomers, and as always, love to see all the *regulars* in our little family here
Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 PM

So far this week:

My parents' cat who was very sick last week is better today and was actually playing

My husband got called for an interview for a promotional position within his company--and I know that if he's not offered this position, it's because the universe has something BETTER in store for him.

Still working on manifesting a better relationship with my MIL (which is important because she's living with us at the moment, and taking care of my 9-month-old while DH and I are at work), a slim, fit body, and a positive cash flow!
Old 02-01-2007, 06:21 PM

I'm here. Feeling a little lost right now, actually. Last month didn't go so well. I'm in that slumpy part of the winter where I've had about enough of the darkness and short days, and am falling into a depression. Spring cannot come soon enough.

Any tips on pushing through slumpy times?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
I'm here. Feeling a little lost right now, actually. Last month didn't go so well. I'm in that slumpy part of the winter where I've had about enough of the darkness and short days, and am falling into a depression. Spring cannot come soon enough.

I get some seasonal depression myself. If you can steal away some time to yourself, maybe try and take a bath and read something really...easy. Just an easy fun uplifting read. I like the Sweet Potato Queens books. They're not at all deep, but they'll put you in a good mood. The thing about books is you read them throughout a period of time, you can look forward to it, and if it's a good book, hopefully it'll keep you in a good happy exciting mood. I'm a book dork in case no one noticed.

I am currently manifesting my new house. We are house hunting to buy our first house, and I know it will show itself to me soon, and it will be perfect. It will be in the perfect location, it will be the perfect price, it will be the perfect house, and it will be mine.

I am also manifesting more time for dp and I to spend together. With a little guy, we have a hard time getting together and spending alone time, and I feel it has a very adverse effect on our relationship.

I have been manifesting a lack of debt- and that is coming into fruition. It's just a matter of less than a month now and I'll have absolutely no more debt

The last thing I want to manifest is a 60k a year salary. It's not too much to ask. It's almost raise time. Oh, and I rock and deserve it
Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
But you certainly can limit it to only getting a raise or getting an old boyfriend back. The question is... why would you want to? Especially since maybe your old boyfriend isn't the best you can get. Did I say that out loud??
(you did and you're right!!: )

You're completely right, of course... I was sort of kidding but not really. I just feel like a lot of my brain space lately is taken up with negative thoughts and feelings about the Boy situation and I wish I could flush them out. I was thinking the exact same thing about trying to control him I will focus on my good feelings and not my annoyance. I don't want him back, I just want him to admit he misses me and he was stupid (I ended the relationship because of his behavior)... I guess I should ask for closure?

And for the work thing, it's not more money... I'm a teacher, so good observations mean I get to keep my job! Also, it means my bosses aren't up my butt all the time. In the long run, I want to start asking for something else in my life (maybe going to grad school), but I figured I'd start small and short term.

I sort of thought you were supposed to be really specific, so that's why I was specific about the observation and stuff.

So...... I guess I should start ordering up my soul mate, huh? I made a very specific list a while ago, so I'll start focusing on that and we'll see what happens....
Old 02-01-2007, 06:59 PM

I'm here! Nice to see some new 'faces'! I'm guessing this newer thread isn't as intimidating as the 120 page one.

This week I manifested a power outage. Yep. Spent some time worrying about just such a thing, and then started asking for a push to get more focused with the kids during the day and control the tv requests a little more. Eh, the universe listens! Good news is I manifested the power coming back on in fairly short order - after a nice walk and a coffee.

Now I'm working on getting my vibration back up in the face of some family yuck. January was full of 'issues' and I'm really thrilled at how I handled most of it! But this week has brought me on the down side of the rollar coaster, so I'm looking forward to that climb back up to the top. Yippee!!

Love to you all! <smooch>

CC... I so can't wait for your CD! Make sure you get a downloadable version available for us stuff-less crowd, ok?

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 02-01-2007, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post

Perhaps you could create sunny days for yourself. Even if the sun isn't shining...you could work on 'feeling sunny'.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Nikki ~ Can you afford a tanning salon? I am the whitest girl in the world (and have no problem with that! ) but I get S.A.D. and so I go to a tanning salon WEARING SUNSCREEN on my face, hands, and chest and do 7-9 minutes. Just once a month during winter and I walk outta there feeling like a million bucks! It's like you carry around summer in your skin for a week. Bliss!

Speaking of a million bucks... I have a question for you wise mamas:

How have you released resistance to money? I have SUCH contempt for wealth and the wealthy that I have trouble imagining myself anything but poor. DH is a real estate agent and has the potential to make lots of money, but deals keep falling through. I feel like I'm the cause. : Everytime I see a big house, fancy car, boat, cash, gold jewelry - any symbol of wealth, really - I think, "that's disgusting". And it's not JUST a knee-jerk reaction - I do think that kind of wealth in a world where there's so much need *is* disgusting. If I had millions of dollars, I wouldn't want any of those things and I'd want to be rid of it ASAP. Sure, I'd buy stuff. But not those things I find so outrageous. I know, it sounds so judgemental even as I write it... but that's the feelings I keep having.

So I'm caught in this loop of judging wealth while wanting to attract it - which of course won't work at all. So the visualizations that involve those symbols just are completely counter productive. I'm trying the prosperity game but can't think of much to buy.

How can I attract "money to pay rent" and "money to buy healthy, organic food" and "money to give away to those in need" and "enough money for US" without digging up those feelings?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonc View Post
You're completely right, of course... I was sort of kidding but not really. I just feel like a lot of my brain space lately is taken up with negative thoughts and feelings about the Boy situation and I wish I could flush them out. I was thinking the exact same thing about trying to control him I will focus on my good feelings and not my annoyance. I don't want him back, I just want him to admit he misses me and he was stupid (I ended the relationship because of his behavior)... I guess I should ask for closure?
When you KNOW that you deserve better, you will reflect back on this relationship. You will be grateful for everything you learned from it, you will cherish the wonderful times together, but you will be ever so grateful that you made the choice you did...because you know in your heart you deserved more.

When you know that you are worthy of a mutually healthy, happy & loving relationship, you will no longer care, nor dwell, on someone who didn't get that.

When you write that you want him to admit he msises you and was stupid...it's like you're looking for confirmation outside yourself that you are spectacular! KNOW INSIDE THAT YOU ARE SPECTACULAR...and those who get it will be co-creating amazing relationships with you...and those who don't won't.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinphish View Post
How can I attract "money to pay rent" and "money to buy healthy, organic food" and "money to give away to those in need" and "enough money for US" without digging up those feelings?
Do you believe that you and your family deserve to have the rent paid? Do you believe that you deserve to eat healthy, organic food? Do you believe that it is important to give to others?

If so, then imagine how it feels to do all those things. See you and your family THRIVING on that healthy, organic food. Imagine how great it feels handing someone money who has nothing. Imagine the feeling of security for yourself and your family when you KNOW the rent is there.

If you aren't yet able to feel those things for yourself...here is a little tidbit thanks to Esther Hicks.....
"My Financial Decline Will Not Elevate the Impoverished." "You cannot get poor enough to help impoverished people thrive. It is only in your thriving that you have anything to offer anyone. If you want to be of help to others, be as tapped in, tuned in and turned on as you can possibly be."

If you don't have extra money....you can never help anyone else! How dare you be so selfish to keep money away from those who really need it!!! Manifest some money already!!!!!!
Old 02-01-2007, 08:08 PM

Zannalyn, now that i am up past $10,000 daily deposits in the game, I am planning on saving enough for a great down payment on a house. then I can focus more on stuff to buy for the house. I think you mentioned solar panels, what a great idea! I too have a very difficult time once it gets this high in the deposits. A vacation at Atlantis sounds ideal!

ok, I am dying to know now....what is a woo woo wand. someone mind explaining?

Annikate, thanks for mentioning that "new beginning II" book, never even heard of it, but I will search for it right now. I am currently loving Feel It Real! by Denise Coates. The little snippet that I read today that helped me alot was-

The Five Elements of your only job in life

1. Become aware of how you are feeling, positive or negative.
2. Focus on thoughts that make you feel better.
3. Feel the joy of your desires before they get here.
4. Do something only when you feel inspired from joy.
5. Have fun.

The Law of Attraction will take care of the rest. I promise!

Narnia, mother of Anorien (10/03) and Ford (5/07)

User Tag List