journaling - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-25-2003, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious if any of you journal. And if so, how do you find the time, and do you journal with someone? I've been journaling now for about 10 months, but I find I "don't have the time", when I really know that I just need to set a specific time to journal. I find when I do journal, my day is much more inspiring and spiritual for me. I don't get as overwhelmed and I feel like a better well-rounded mother/wife/woman.
When I do journal I'm finding myself "catching up". My journal has daily scriptures
#2 of 4 Old 05-25-2003, 02:46 AM

I used to journal all the time. I started when I was in 3rd or 4th grade. I have journaled periodically throughout life. But not kept up with it regularly since I have been married and had chidren. I really wish I did though. I have two children and have started journals for them from their birth on. but it has fallen to the wayside for many years now. I wish I had kept up with them as well.

Journaling is something that has been on my mind for a long time now. Seems to me my thoughts are many and emotions run deep that actually journaling would be not as fulfilling for fear of not being able to say exactly what it is I want to say. But since it is on my mind a lot, I think I will give it another try. Something is better than nothing, right?
#3 of 4 Old 05-25-2003, 04:48 PM

Used to be totally into journaling. I've slacked off over the last couple of years though. I'll go a couple months in between. I also have the fear that I can't put down exactly what i am thinking or feeling onto that page. Maybe a writing class would help/encourage?

My reason for journaling is much different though. I actually do it to leave something for my daughters if anything ever happens to me or if they just want to know me better when they are adults. i would give my left foot to have a journal from my mother when she was newly married, first had kids, and growth from there. I would treasure that more than almost anything (except my Bible). I love reading old journals that are published and people's accounts of their lives.
#4 of 4 Old 05-25-2003, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I used to keep a dream journal, kept it right by the bed with a pen so I could write when I woke up while the dreams were still fresh in my memory. Then DD came along and I have her bed by ours instead of a table. If a dream really sticks in my memory I'll write in down, but that's much less often now.

Consistency in recording them really does help dream retention.

"What will you do once you know?"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page