Forum Jump: 

#421 of 575 Old 03-21-2007, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klg47 View Post
It was ABCs & 123s that said that
Sorry - my cycle has returned and it's made me exhausted and mindless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 575 Old 03-21-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
I also found out my right ovary is still doing the job it's supposed to do when you're not pregnant. Hmm, I asked if I should continue charting so I won't get pregnant again. That's so not cool! My right ovary obviously missed the note that I'm pregnant.
That's crazy! What did they say about the possibility of getting pregnant again?
#423 of 575 Old 03-21-2007, 07:46 PM

QUOTE=klg47;7617848]He's been associated with his Christian church since the mid 1980's. Do a Google search and decide for yourself if you think he's a closet Muslim

It was ABCs & 123s that said that [/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will look that up. That's why I stated it as a question. Just for the record I am not opposed to having someone who is Muslim in office, I just want someone who is true to their faith so to speak meaning that they wouldn't just convert to another religion b/c it shows better in the polls. I have many muslim friends and I have great respect for them and am quite avid about trying to help dispell misconceptions post 911.
#424 of 575 Old 03-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewsmom View Post
Thanks, I will look that up. That's why I stated it as a question.
I wasn't meaning to be snarky. I was going to just answer the question plainly, but when I checked to be sure, there were so many articles with different biases and different opinions. So it looks like everyone will just have to see what they believe. It's unfortunate that our political campaigns have to be like this - we have candidates being untruthful, or smear campaigns from other candidates (or their supporters), and it's hard to tell where the real truth is most of the time.
#425 of 575 Old 03-21-2007, 11:14 PM

RasJane, That would be interesting. Luckily Elvis is dead

Brisen, thanks. It really does freak you out. I am starting to understand more how it is for those who miscarry. Even after hearing all this I am still worried about it. I really need to make it to 15 weeks, and I'm hoping I'll feel better then there's 20, 21, 22........ maybe 40

Katie, you know. She didn't say a whole lot just that it's a chance. I said "So, abstinence for the next 7 months" she said not, but then I asked if I should continue to chart and she seemed like that would be a good idea. Ugh, my body seems to want to get pregnant. I wouldn't even know this if I hadn't gotten this u/s. So it's like "good news, baby is great, oh and you couldn't get pregnant again!" Good Luck!

Jules is my midwife and she said this happened to her step mom, at least I think that's who it was. Anyway, she got pregnant twice by two separate men My friend got pregnant and a month later became pregnant with identical twins. Yea, good luck with that one! I'd prefer not giving birth and then two months later doing it again.
#426 of 575 Old 03-22-2007, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
Thanks It was a huge weight off my shoulders. My midwife called last night and said I had some sort of pocket of blood and that's why I'm bleeding. I also found out my right ovary is still doing the job it's supposed to do when you're not pregnant. Hmm, I asked if I should continue charting so I won't get pregnant again. That's so not cool! My right ovary obviously missed the note that I'm pregnant.
Hmmm.... I think I had that when I was pregnant a couple years ago, they called it a "subchorionic hemorrhage", sometimes just a "chorionic hemorrhage". Basically, as long as I stayed off my feet most of the time I was fine- it was like modified bedrest (I'm highrisk, and I've had 10+ m/c's now so bedrest is not new to me). I remember I had a garage sale- sat in the chair in the garage most of the day, then at the end of the day hemorrhaged again. The Dr. said I had "done too much"- probably walking up the two steps from the garage to the house 3-4 times that day was "too much". Do be careful though- if it's the same thing, regular activities you wouldn't think were very strenuous could trigger the bleeding. My bleeding was HUGE when it happened- with clots of tissue as big as grapefruits- literally. I had no idea you could pass that much blood and tissue and still have a living fetus in there!

It IS always so reassuring to see and hear the baby in there- I'm glad you took/had that opportunity.
#427 of 575 Old 03-22-2007, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisaterry View Post
Sorry - my cycle has returned and it's made me exhausted and mindless.
LOL- I actually knew you meant me, but I'm busy and tired lately so I didn't worry about responding.

I started Byetta (for diabetes) and Synthroid (for thyroid!) last Saturday- and I'm actually feeling LOTS better all the way around.....
#428 of 575 Old 03-22-2007, 11:59 AM

ABC's&123's, that is so scary! That could be what my friend had. Her's was pretty bad. My bleeding thankfully wasn't that bad, but bad enough for me to freak out. Ok wait, I can't say that. I've been freaking out a bit since I got pregnant. I've had way too many friends lose their 3rd pregnancy that I just keep thinking it's too good to be true. Oh well.

This morning I woke up and I sucked in as far as I could laying down and I could feel my hard little bump I've been doing that every morning because with my first I took pictures standing up with my bump getting bigger and with my second I would do it laying down. It's just so cool looking to have your tummy go flat and have a little bump I'm 10 weeks now so I guess we're getting closer.
#429 of 575 Old 03-22-2007, 01:01 PM

Just chiming in...we might want to treat this subject carefully and sensitively since we have had some recent losses within this group.
#430 of 575 Old 03-22-2007, 01:14 PM

I had a visit yesterday, and our church is going to be trying to arrange a moms and tots group, weekly I think, It is funny, I told the Sister that I come on here, and that I have "met" some nice people and asked a ton of questions, and she said that she hope the group would be a rl version. We had a nic lesson, short but I am taking all the chances I can to connect with the spirit with my pg worries.
Funny I remembered when she came, I stopped pumping around the first of march, and had my first fast Sunday on March third....I told her how funny, by the time the second one came around I was pregnant again ...although technically I was pregnant then too, but didn't know.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#431 of 575 Old 03-22-2007, 03:29 PM

I would like to see some LDS replies to this thread - "If you religiously oppose masturbation":
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=639631

I mainly want to see your responses because I'm not sure how I'm going to teach it either! I refuse to use shame or guilt.
#432 of 575 Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I would like to see some LDS replies to this thread - "If you religiously oppose masturbation":
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=639631

I mainly want to see your responses because I'm not sure how I'm going to teach it either! I refuse to use shame or guilt.
I just subscribed in order to keep up with the discussion as I come up with an LDS response.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

#433 of 575 Old 03-23-2007, 12:42 AM

I was on the fence for awhile about this. I just thought it was so sad and cruel to tell boys not to do this when it seems so natural. I am officially against it now, though. I have had enough inspiration on the subject to realize that those strong feelings are opportunities for young men to practice self control that will eventually protect them from further temptation. We plan on telling our boys what it is all about so that they understand it and respect the feelings but don't give into them. I don't want to go to the other thread, but I'd love to discuss it here as well.
#434 of 575 Old 03-23-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momnloveit View Post
I just thought it was so sad and cruel to tell boys not to do this when it seems so natural.

I have had enough inspiration on the subject to realize that those strong feelings are opportunities for young men to practice self control that will eventually protect them from further temptation. We plan on telling our boys
Out of curiosity, why do you only say boys? Many girls deal with this too.
#435 of 575 Old 03-23-2007, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why do you only say boys? Many girls deal with this too.
Socially, though, "only" boys have this problem.

"A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister

#436 of 575 Old 03-23-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrunchyDaddy View Post
Socially, though, "only" boys have this problem.
? I still don't get it. . .

I never had the problem, but according to others, EVERY girl does it, every day
#437 of 575 Old 03-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I believe the Parent's Guide talks about this. I recall that we're not supposed to use shame or call undue attention to it with kids who are too young to understand, but that's all I can remember at the moment. So, that's not too helpful. ETA: Try chapter 5; it's more about older kids. And this is from ch 3: "One of the first things he begins to discover is his body. Male and female children will naturally discover and explore their genitals just as they do the rest of their bodies. The male infant’s genitals are very sensitive to touch. His penis responds to his diaper and to his parents’ touch as they bathe or clothe him. He will often touch and rub his own genitals. A little girl may also explore and handle her genitals. Your reaction to these natural explorations will influence the way a child later feels about his procreative powers. Do not either worry about or encourage the child’s explorations. Remain neutral, and the child will accept that these parts of his body are good, just as all the other parts are."

In my experience, girls are the ones being *encouraged* to do this more. When I was 17 or so, I attended a Girl Guide's weekend (the Canadian equivalent of Girl Scouts). They had different activities and workshops; it was for girls from groups all over the area. A big thing. They had a guest speaker at the end that everyone went to (the other activities were optional, to the extent that you had a list to choose from). The speaker was Sue Johanson, a popular sex therapist (I believe she's Canadian, so I'm not sure if she's known in the US or not). She spoke for about 2 hours and went into fairly intimate detail on how to masturbate (and about lots of other things, too). The girls there were mostly in the 13-14 age range. I was really surprised that the Girl Guides did that -- and I didn't even recall knowing that she would be speaking, it was just billed as a "special guest speaker." That's one example, but I see the same kind of thing a lot.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#438 of 575 Old 03-23-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisen View Post
Do not either worry about or encourage the child’s explorations. Remain neutral, and the child will accept that these parts of his body are good, just as all the other parts are."
Good, that's what I've been doing so far.

Quote:
In my experience, girls are the ones being *encouraged* to do this more.

She spoke for about 2 hours and went into fairly intimate detail on how to masturbate (and about lots of other things, too).
I think that even we, as LDS trying to stay apart from the world's perversions, would be surprised at what things we would not be interested in if we weren't constantly bombarded by sex. I am sure that many people discover masturbation on their own, but as far as I can remember, I didn't. Obviously if the speaker felt it was necessary to teach how to do it, that's the experience a lot of people have. For me, the same was true of oral sex. I was aware of what it was, but never had any thought to try it, and it never even occurred to me that I was "missing out" on anything, until I kept reading a few blogs (they were infertility blogs, lol) that mentioned it several times. I know that the view that the Church is against oral sex is unpopular on this board, so I'll leave it at that I'm just saying that if I hadn't read about it online, it would've never been an issue.
#439 of 575 Old 03-23-2007, 01:50 PM

I chimed in with the thread in Spirituality, and included a lot of quotes from A Parent's Guide. It really is such a helpful book on this sort of topic!

I have an LDS friend who's 3 year old daughter likes to have her hand in her underwear whenever she gets the chance. They definitely treat it somewhat scornfully, by drawing attention to it by asking her to stop when they "catch" her, and dressing her in 1-piece clothing so she can't have access, etc. Reading A Parent's Guide is helpful to me, particularly, so I can see that it IS normal to explore, have counsel that I DON'T need to encourage or discourage it, but just teach healthy attitudes as my children grow. And explaining anatomy is my other big thing. I try to show my daughter the appropriate names of parts as she asks about them or mentions them. It's something my parents never did...I didn't know the term "labia" until I a U/S technician pointed them out in DD's ultrasound. And I did have a "sex is dirty" attitude that I still try to overcome now. I'd rather see my children understand as much about their bodies as they can, and also understand that HF expects us to control our desires and use them appropriately. You can also better control what you fully understand. And having learned as much about the male foreskin as I have over the last couple years, I truly get a kick out of watching my son discover his on his own, just as he has discovered his toes, fingers, mouth, nose, hair, and all those other body parts.

SAHM to Melinda (Oct '03), Jacob (Aug '05),  Alex (Apr '08), and baby.gif Malcolm (Sept 29, '11)

#440 of 575 Old 03-24-2007, 01:33 PM

Hi everybody. It seems I'm also here for a few weeks and then gone for a few.

Lots and lots of reading to catch up on and I was trying to remember how many pages we usually get to before we start a new thread *hint* hint*!

For those who don't know me or forgot me, I'm Tara, living with dh and 2 kiddos in Utah. Grew up in the church, served a mission in Romania, met dh (he was the branch president in my last area) 3 weeks before coming home, he followed me to the states, a few years later we got married and started our little family!

This past year is my first year as a sahm and I've been loving it! Hope to chat it up soon!!
#441 of 575 Old 03-24-2007, 02:12 PM

Wow, I've been gone for a few days and the thread took off. My coputer monitor died and I had a wonderful friend give me one.

Marly, I'm glad everything is ok. Weird about still ovulating. There is a woman dh grew up with. She has two uteruses. Her first pregnancy was in one and her second was in the other.

I really don't know much about the political stuff going on. I have never really paid attention. I'm only a permanent resident, not a citizen so I can't vote. But I am very very very opposed to the idea *they are mormon, so they are wonderful* Not that this is what I have heard on thie thread, but I have heard it a lot in my area. I'm sorry to say, that just the fact that someone is LDS doesn't mean squat. Both of the men who molested me when I was a child were very active LDS men.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#442 of 575 Old 03-25-2007, 09:55 PM

I keep getting updates, then there's nothing new here!?
#443 of 575 Old 03-25-2007, 10:43 PM

Strange. Anyone else excited about general conference? And those of you with you and wild children, do you try to make it to church for all the sessions, or do you watch any online?

This week I was so close to getting over my fear of public speaking and bear (bare?) my testimony in relief society. Maybe by next time around. I have to say that in the last week since all the yuckiness at the hospital wher they thought I was going to lose the baby, DH and I have grown closer together, and I have felt the spirit very strongly with us, as we have taken opportunity evry day to pray. Sounds like a small obvious thing. But it has made such a difference in my life. I have felt very much at peace this week. Obviously I want this baby. and I want everything to go ok. But one way or another that feeling of peace is a much better place to be in then the feeling of fear and terror.

So...figured I would do an online testimony. And pray for the ability to get over my fear of public speaking.

And on the other good news front...from Sunday when the ER Dr told me I was going to lose this baby. My betas went from 598 to I found out on Saturday they were 3180 on wednesday, doubling time of 29hours!

I know that the church is true. I Know that the prophet is a true Prophet of God, and I feel so blessed to have revelation in this day and age. I feel blessed to have been baptised, and be able o have the gift of the Holy Ghost with me. I (write) these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#444 of 575 Old 03-25-2007, 11:24 PM

i can't wait for general conference either! we have BYUTV so we're going to stay home this time and watch it here. my girls were Ok in the fall, but it was still distracting having to deal with them and the other kids that were in there.

we are hoping to invite another family over for at least one session. they don't have cable or dish or anything and they either listen via computer or go and watch in the family room. i think they'd be more comfortable here, so i'm going to ask them if they are interested in coming over.

i'm so happy to have the gospel in my life. it really does make me think, and stop before acting. it helps me ask for help when i need it, and say thanks for answered prayers. it has brought our family SO many blessings and for that i am beyond grateful! recently, it has helped me get through so much and make me feel good and strong about my decisions.
#445 of 575 Old 03-26-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiannancy View Post
Strange. Anyone else excited about general conference? And those of you with you and wild children, do you try to make it to church for all the sessions, or do you watch any online?
I grew up in Utah, and as far as I know, it wasn't even an option to watch Conference at church! So even when we were in Texas, I just wasn't used to that idea Ever since we haven't had TV we've watched it on the internet, but I don't think we've ever made it through a session without the connection pooping out at least once.
#446 of 575 Old 03-26-2007, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Katie, were you watching it online at byu-tv? We listen at lds.org and the connection is always fine for us. We don't have dial up, but it was basic dsl.

We've stayed home pretty much for as long as we've known it was an option. It felt really weird at first, since I thought you were supposed to go listen at church, and having it at home was kind of an option for if you needed it. Then we started getting the Friend, and most of the conference stuff talked about being at home with your family to watch it. So I figured it wasn't so bad.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#447 of 575 Old 03-26-2007, 11:52 AM

Have any of you heard of this?
http://en.fairmormon.org/index.php/S..._the_Truth_DVD
There is a group distributing a video trying to call LDS people to repentance. I got it in an email forward, and thought it was interesting. I have never lived in an area where evangelicals were very prevalent, or if I have, I've been totally oblivious. , so seeing things like this is sort of a novelty. Just thought I'd share.
#448 of 575 Old 03-26-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Katie, were you watching it online at byu-tv? We listen at lds.org and the connection is always fine for us. We don't have dial up, but it was basic dsl.
During the last couple of conferences we switched over to BYU-TV and haven't had any problems . It was when we were watching it on lds.org that we always had problems. We had DSL or cable. We'd even have problems watching it in BYU housing, where we had a T1 line. When we first started watching it at lds.org, they only had a limited number of connections. So if you lost your connection, it was very hard to get back in. And only audio was available. I'm not sure if that's still the case or not.
#449 of 575 Old 03-26-2007, 12:03 PM

Hey everyone!
I had a lot of catching up to read on.

I hate pregnancy worries...ahhhh
I'm 18 weeks according to my ovulation and 19 weeks by LMP but my fundal height is only measuring 14-15 cm. ALL my pregnancies I measure 2-4 cm bigger so measuring so small is kind of making me nervous. So I have an u/s scheduled for Friday but I'm on edge until I can know everything is OK. But this pregnancy ahs felt different from the start. I feel different overall which makes me even more nervous that something isn't right.

Also with our house in AZ about to hit the year mark of being for sale its really affected my faith. I KNEW we were suppossed to move to Utah and I'm glad I left AZ. I was miserable down there but not being able to sell our house has been horrible. Financially its screwed us, emotionally I'm done and I just can't handle it anymore. We've done EVERYTHING possible to sell this house. It's a BEAUTIFUL house. Nothing wrong with it at all. Plus it has so many perks. I just don't understand. IF we don't get a contract soon we won't be able to pay the mortgage anymore. If we loose that house becasue of default/foreclosure we won't be able to refinance our UT house in 2 years as planned because the only way we got this one is off of interest only loan. The plan was to refinance to a 15 year mortgage. When I saw this UT house I knew we were going to get it. Even though we weren't looking to buy until we sold out AZ house. We drove by this house we now live in and I saw a vision of us living here..when we put an offer on it there was other offers but I knew we would get the house.

So my faith is confused. Why won't our AZ house sell? If we can't get a contract ASAP we will loose that AZ house and then it will cause all sort of financial problems. Why can't we get our prayers answered? I don't know what else to do. The stress is too much for me to handle. I can't pay my bills, I can't get food, I can't even buy my dd her medicine. I don't understand.
So I'm sure this stress isn't helping the pregnancy.
#450 of 575 Old 03-26-2007, 01:33 PM

nak, where in AZ is the house?

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page