Devon's Almost March LoA Manifesting Masters Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2007, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is nothing wrong with paying for a service or charging to give a service.

It's an entirely different thing to create something as "free" and then load it heavily with sales promotion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Koala Mama - your love affirmations are helping me so much! I can feeeeel the love!
Oh, yay! You just made my day!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

It's an entirely different thing to create something as "free" and then load it heavily with sales promotion.
Yes.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Now people can stop asking me why I'm not charging for my Messages.

See above posts for reasons!
Amris, I don't see anything in the above posts that answer this question. I think what people are discussing is the idea of a pushy sales pitch. There is certainly a middle ground between free and 'buy my stuff! 'buy my stuff now!'

MsChatsALot... I like your take on not having to attach all gifts to monetary return. But I think it is worth a person considering whether they just aren't interested in turning something into a paid service for whatever reason, or if the thought is more in line with an idea of worth and value and right vs. wrong. If it's the later, then that is a sure way to pinch off that flow of abundance.

For what it's worth, I also don't love the pushy sales stuff. For example, I really enjoy Joe Vitale but dislike the marketing spin he puts on all of his web sites. The whole P.S. buy this now! approach doesn't work for me at all. BUT... that is not the same as saying I have a problem with him doing that. I love v-neck shirts and really am not a fan of turtle necks on me, but it doesn't raise an emotional response in me when I see someone walking by in one.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-02-2007, 03:36 PM

oh I just wanted to add this. I think the real issue is that value of a product or service is always going to vary, based on each persons need and perception. And that's ok. I could easily pay the 150 dollars for holosync, it's not that I can't afford it. It's that for me personally the value isn't there. For me personally it isn't worth 150.00 because I don't feel I'm lacking in the ability that holosync helps. If I was lacking in being able to reach that level then I'm sure I would value it more.

And for me there is a relation to the value of a product and how I perceive it's promotion. If it's really valueable to me personally then it's promotion is more likely to feel warranted.

Regardless I am only making a decision for me. Not for anyone else. So if someone else find value in it, that's great! I think sometimes we get too caught up in other people viewing things the same way we do.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Amris, I don't see anything in the above posts that answer this question. I think what people are discussing is the idea of a pushy sales pitch. There is certainly a middle ground between free and 'buy my stuff! 'buy my stuff now!'
Because as I deliver to them, free of charge, a service that has meaning to them, they are more likely to become my personal advertisements when the book comes out.

Plus, as I do these free, I get more to put into the book... and the more value I then have to offer to the people who buy the book.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Regardless I am only making a decision for me. Not for anyone else. So if someone else find value in it, that's great! I think sometimes we get too caught up in other people viewing things the same way we do.
Totally! It really is awesome that there is enough difference to go around for anyone!

Quote:
Because as I deliver to them, free of charge, a service that has meaning to them, they are more likely to become my personal advertisements when the book comes out.

Plus, as I do these free, I get more to put into the book... and the more value I then have to offer to the people who buy the book.
Gotcha! I can totally see the value in that. However... This suggests that people wouldn't pay for the messages themselves, or that they wouldn't be as successful if they were fee for service, which I don't believe to be true.

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
I don't mean to sound like I never show my girls affection, but now that I'm doing it *every single* chance I get, IT, more than anything else, raises my vibration!
I've started doing this too since reading this thread Especially with my 8 year old.

Quote:

I see a wise businesswoman. No used car sales here
Old 03-02-2007, 04:02 PM

I'm not addressing anyone or anything in particular, the whole money discussion is just bringing up some thoughts for me. Let's see if I can sort them out. Maybe this won't even get posted.

I have a friend who I can only have limited contact with. It's not that I don't like her, it's just that she drains energy like crazy. I put up my white light protection, but it's still exhausting. The reason she is so draining is because every discussion with her is about how people owe her something. She has no money and does not expect that she ever will. She lives on unearned income from the state (I'm not bashing this, BTW, just talking about her particular circumstance), which she gets through being dishonest about things in her life. Our last conversation was about how angry she was at the woman at Good Will whom she saw driving a nice car~ adding that people who have more than she does should "not be allowed" to shop there. She also is always telling me how badly she feels about not being able to go to a person who happens to be a friend of mine for herbal treatment due to money constraints. She voices to me often that my friend should give her his services for free. It goes on and on.

I believe wholeheartedly that she is manifesting this for herself. You can see it in her actions and hear it in her words. Boy, is she unhappy. Poor woman. We have been similarly poor. While my dh was in school and working we lived in low-income housing, but we knew that things would get better. We expected things to get better. Guess what? They did. Many of our neighbors in that housing development were just like my friend. They never expect to move or do better, so in all likelihood they never will. And I listened to many of them speak the same way my friend does.

Well, things are not so hot once again. When Marissa died, we immediately lost her disability payments, which was a very important part of our budget. We are struggling, yes, but we now live in a house, which I absolutely love, and thus far we have managed to scrape by. But I expect that it will get better again. If anyone remembers my mantra, it's TRUST. It also happens to be the hard part for me. Makes sense, right?

I wish I could help my friend by giving her some LoA energy, but she isn't interested in hearing it. When I think about what I will charge for homeopathic consultations I worry about this. I was discussing it with a different friend of mine, who practices homeopathy under the radar, and therefore charges only a small fee. (she doesn't have any formal training, although she is a good homeopath) I said I would probably charge $150 initially and $80 after that, which is at the lower end of the scale as far as professional homeopaths go. She was upset that I would want to charge so much. It made me wonder if I should give it away (I do this now, people never pay me even though I sometimes spend hours studying remedies for them).

But I think I have to remember that I DO deserve to be paid, and not only paid, but paid what I'm worth. It's hard to stay in that mindset when I hear the negative comments, you know? Yes, we all deserve to be healthy and happy and to have money, but WE have to believe it ourselves. No one is going to hand things to us if we don't follow our own path.

All this to say~ money is SO powerful! We let it be so often, I think. It's so emotional. How do you figure out how to not let it pull you one way or the other?

What a long, rambly post. I will now go back and read it and then decide whether or not I will submit it!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
However... This suggests that people wouldn't pay for the messages themselves, or that they wouldn't be as successful if they were fee for service, which I don't believe to be true.
Not necessarily. Now, if she's not charging for the messages because she believes no one would pay for them that's different but that's not the case. It sounds like she's not charging for them because she knows that's a good way to build a customer base and draw people in.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM

There are always options...even when we have a set payment.

If you want to give services free, that is your choice. If you want to reduce the price for someone, that is your choice too. If someone asks for a reduced price, you may consider that too.

There are always ways of providing services to people that you genuinely want to help without compromising yourself or your worth.

You can ask for the money directly as a compensation of time and energy spent because you believe your resources are valuable. You can ask for the money to come indirectly because you believe your resources are valuable.

If you believe your serviecs/products are worth the money....it will come, either way.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post

If you want to give services free, that is your choice. If you want to reduce the price for someone, that is your choice too. If someone asks for a reduced price, you may consider that too.

There are always ways of providing services to people that you genuinely want to help without compromising yourself or your worth.

You can ask for the money directly as a compensation of time and energy spent because you believe your resources are valuable. You can ask for the money to come indirectly because you believe your resources are valuable.

If you believe your serviecs/products are worth the money....it will come, either way.
I agree with all this. Again, it goes to what feels good, doesn't it? If it feels bad to give one person free services but good to give them to another, then go with what you feel and don't worry about it. Working for free does not have to mean you don't value yourself and wanting to be paid for your services does not have to mean you are materialistic. It's all about attitude isn't it?

Ok, everyone stop posting becuase I really have to get away from this computer,
Old 03-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post

I think if someone asked me for a reduced price I would do it happily. I will also do payments with no problem at all. My thought it we all have health-care dollars and it's our decision where we will spend them.

Maybe the best part about getting this degree is that I will finally feel like my services are valuable!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:18 PM

so slightly off topic. I'm making a blog for my pregnancy off site. I don't want to put it in my momspace. Is anyone here that is manifesting additions to the family have one, or making one? Anyone interested in a blog ring? Mine has barely been started so it's not ready for release yet. I am still working out the design ect.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:19 PM

I paid for mine. She didn't ask me to. I didn't feel obligated. I wanted to, I deliberately chose to and I'm guessing other people have too. She spent time and energy doing something really wonderful for me and my family, gave of herself and it was done with wonderful intentions. As a result, I compensated her for that time. There can be a free flowing of energy (money, time, resources, skills, products, etc.).

I also know that when the book comes out, I will purchase them and keep them on hand as gifts to give people as well as continue to refer others to it as well.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Not necessarily. Now, if she's not charging for the messages because she believes no one would pay for them that's different but that's not the case. It sounds like she's not charging for them because she knows that's a good way to build a customer base and draw people in.
Well, only Amris knows how she feels about this, but I was commenting on what her choice of wording says to me.

Quote:

This says that doing them free results in more messages, which doesn't have to be true, and that people getting them free are more likely to become personal advertisements, which doesn't have to be true.

I totally agree that giving something away for free can be a good draw for customers! Not at all disputing that as a valid and wise business choice.

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 04:20 PM

Quote:

actually i think the opposite is true. the majority of people value goods and serviecs more that they make a fair exchange for--usually that means $$.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:32 PM

MsC... We cross-posted. I think there was some misunderstanding of my comments above, which hopefully I clarified in my reply to Shannon.

Sepia... Yes, everything I've read from a marketing perspective and have experienced myself as a business woman points toward this as well. But I trust that there are always exceptions, as really it all comes down to what we believe to be true in our experience!

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 04:35 PM

Well, if it's true that the requests would increase if I charged (which I found not to be true in the time that I was charging), then I'm still better off right now, not charging.

I'm getting all the requests I can handle (and maybe more) right now!

In fact, maybe next week, I'll go back to charging so they WILL slow down!

And by the way, I'm not serious about that. At this time, it still feels wrong to me when I think of charging for them. I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

When I think of keeping them as free, I feel comfortable and "right."
Old 03-02-2007, 04:39 PM

Amris, the marketing 'truth' that Sepia and I referenced is not so much about an increase in volume as an increase in perceived value. The idea is that people value things they pay for more than things they receive for free. But honestly, I don't think that is something that applies to all situations, and I certainly don't think that anyone could value your messages more because they pay for them (or less because they don't!). It is quite obvious that your gift is valued beyond measure, and you are appreciated by many for offering them free of charge.

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

I think people should do whatever feels good!

To me I am completely comfortable charging for my time, energy, research, knowledge, life experience -- for anyone who chooses to pay for it --- My aim is certainly not to pressure or intimidate someone into purchasing something --- they do so of their own free will --- I devote hours of my time to coaching and even though it is fullfilling to me, I feel completely comfortable charging

At the same time too, I *give* away life coaching as well all the time --- when I speak with family or friends who seek my input, when I contribute to this thread and offer my insights, when I have an awesome exchange with someone out and about --

I look at my charging that the person is paying for specific attention to their life's situation and specific exercises, study material, exhanges tailored specifically to them --

Eh, again, it is what your comfort level is. I certainly don't feel I am promoting something as free information then tagging on some kind of heavy sales pitch at the end telling people their lives will be complete crap unless they hire me as their life coach

They can certainly find that path without me, and thrive beyond their wildest dreams whether they choose my services or not!

....but if they are wanting my services and to pay for them, I will take every measure in my power to give it all I have!! ....but my time is worth a few bucks
Old 03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Amris, the marketing 'truth' that Sepia and I referenced is not so much about an increase in volume as an increase in perceived value. The idea is that people value things they pay for more than things they receive for free. But honestly, I don't think that is something that applies to all situations, and I certainly don't think that anyone could value your messages more because they pay for them (or less because they don't!). It is quite obvious that your gift is valued beyond measure, and you are appreciated by many for offering them free of charge.

I completely agree with this melanie!
Old 03-02-2007, 04:54 PM

Go CC go!

Hey Annikate... Can you please update the OP to include a link to the February thread?

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Now people can stop asking me why I'm not charging for my Messages.

See above posts for reasons!
Umm...I missed the reasons *not* to charge. :

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:

I haven't seen the site being referenced and I did find that "The Secret" felt like a "hard sell". But, I can easily assume positive intent and choose to see enthusiastic spreading of LoA joy in "The Secret" also! I guess our thoughts create our experience.

I sorta feel like promoting other LoA providers is like Oprah's "Book Club" recommendations. Some value her opinion and she shares the recommendations for free. Everyone is free to choose the book/provider or not.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:32 PM

So, I'm officially letting the cat out of the bag. Coming soon to an Internet site near you: A forum devoted to LoA and energy work, specifically geared at our groovy women friends. : I'll post a link... soon!

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 05:33 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
My PMS is SO much better from diet and supplements (the supplements that helped my depression). Some months I don't even get PMS at all which is amazing. When I do get PMS though, I find it hard to raise my vibration. I still feel a bit at the mercy of my hormones even though it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
This is what Louise Hay says about PMS in You Can Heal Your Life:

Allowing confusion to reign. Giving power to outside influences. Rejection of the feminime processes.

Affirmation:

I now take charge of my mind and my life. I am a powerful, dynamic woman! Every part of my body functions perfectly. I love me.

Quote:
Seriously, when you wake up PMSy, thinking of old boyfriends, former friends, any and everything that pisses you off,
For me, the vail between my subconcsious and my conscious is lowest when I am premenstrual. Rather than fighting against those feelings, I look at them and see what I still need to work through. It is possible to view this time and these feelings as a gift -- a chance to work through things without them manifesting in your life.

Quote:
it's so hard to feel gratitude for anything, what do you do?
When gratitude is too hard to reach, I just go for a feeling that is higher than what I am currently feeling, but still accessable. It is very important to me to be authentic with myself about how I feel, but it is possible to do while making a choice about which direction I'm going.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:

I see that you are receiving value in exchange for your effort. :

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I think the real issue is that value of a product or service is always going to vary, based on each persons need and perception.

And for me there is a relation to the value of a product and how I perceive it's promotion. If it's really valuable to me personally then it's promotion is more likely to feel warranted.
I agree with this perspective.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
Maybe the best part about getting this degree is that I will finally feel like my services are valuable!
With our thoughts we create our experience. Believe it now!

Pat

I have a blog.

User Tag List