Devon's Almost March LoA Manifesting Masters Thread - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2007, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Okay okay! How about a compromise??
Great idea! The sample link didn't work for me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
I'm also not a fan of the hard sell and don't usually feel called to purchase something presented to me that way. But I don't have any issue with someone doing it, if that makes any sense!
Oh me either! I'm pretty much for people having the right to do what they want (as long as it's not overtly harmful to anyone else - not justifying people going around slapping anyone who bugs them or anything). I very much dislike hard sells and avoid them whenever possible but I'm all for someone doing it if that's what they want to do!

Quote:
But I have no problem with the interviews mentioning products and processes. Actually, the Sedona Method stuff totally rocked my world!!
I'll have to google that, I missed it I think. I have no problem with mentioning products either. The Joe Vitale part did go on a bit longer than I liked with the sales stuff but it wasn't very long and overall it didn't bug me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 PM

Amris... The sample is stunning!!

Shannon... The Sedona Method is the program referenced in the third call with Hale D... however you spell it!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 PM

I'm so very glad I chose to moderate comments... I've been hit every day by a Mozilla spambot.

(Sorry, randomness there )
Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 PM

On marketing... I definitely feel that there are two undesirable extremes. One is underselling one's product, the other is overselling it. And in the middle there is a desirable range of selling one's product energetically and authentically and wisely.

This isn't necessarily the same as being materialistic. A person can be materialistic, and still sell in a balanced way, or undersell. A person can have entirely altruistic uses for their profits, and still oversell.

To frame it in loa terms I'd say that overselling could come from a place of resistance or mistrust. Although I do feel that there can be value in "fake it til you make it" for people who are prone to underselling--which is so common.

But I also feel that nowadays we're undergoing some inflation, or some other economic phenomenon, which means that sometimes what feels like overselling is actually suited to the times, while my expectations are ten years behind. I learned more about this when I got into fundraising.

A loa teacher may use marketing techniques which aren't loa based at all. I studied a bit of NLP (for free ) while in college, which is similar yet not as inherently consensual as loa, and there could well be some influences, as an example.

I guess my question for myself is "How does this marketing make me feel?" Does it excite me, or do I feel like it's trying to take over my thought process? Does it feel vibrant, or does it feel hollow? Does it awaken inspiration, or does it awaken a feeling of need? Does it feel like somebody is trying to convince me, and trying to convince themselves? Does it feel like somebody is following a script, or is their heart in it? etc.

I don't consider overselling a big deal though. It's just another form of resistance and we're all releasing our resistance as time passes.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:55 PM

What a great post, sphinxie!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-02-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
This piece of crap blog will not let me insert a URL nor allow me to hyperlink :
How about
"This useful blog will let you insert a URL and allow you to hyperlink."

Sample is here: http://h1.ripway.com/Nimmanu/sample.jpg[/quote]

Wow!! It is breath taking. I seriously caught my breath it is so mesmerizing!!

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:

There's great news on my Blog! Please go take a look, I think you'll like it! :
Awesome idea!

Also, have you thought about putting a PayPal donation button on your site, for those who feel like they "need" to contribute something?

Quote:
I'm so very glad I chose to moderate comments... I've been hit every day by a Mozilla spambot.

(Sorry, randomness there )
I saw that comment and giggled, just because I've been trying to get a friend to use Firefox for a while now.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
Awesome idea!

Also, have you thought about putting a PayPal donation button on your site, for those who feel like they "need" to contribute something?
There is a donation button on the left if you scroll down some.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Does anybody have any ideas on how I could explain to her why the term " 'trying' to conceive" could be one of the very things stopping it from happening?

Any thoughts on how the LOA affects fertility and conceiving would be helpful, and if somebody wants to repost the link to the page with all of the fertility quotes (I lost it ), that would be great, too.

TIA!
I'm still working on this, by the way, if anybody has any helpful thoughts

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
What a great post, sphinxie!!
Thanks!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Someone said that trying means you're not committing to it. If we commit to something is it a 'yes' if we say we'll try....we do not have our full intention or energy behind it.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:24 PM

Lovely sample Amris.

But I am biased.....I am already a HUGE fan of yours!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
Yes, we all deserve to be healthy and happy and to have money, but WE have to believe it ourselves. No one is going to hand things to us if we don't follow our own path.
This comment and your story of your friend made me think of another quote from Stuart Wilde's book that I quoted earlier.
Quote:
The world does not owe you a living. You have to nurture and provide for yourself.
And now I'm nak'ing so I'm just going to leave it at that for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I'll jump in right here because I don't have much time left...

Went to a Book Fair yesterday and bought a deck of affirmation's cards. DS picked the first one and it was "Je récolte toujours ce que je sème, Merci!" I took the cards, mix them very well and picked a card and it was the same! We had a nice discussion about this affirmation.
Translation for those of us that don't speak French? I got that it starts with the word "I" and ends with "Thank you." I'm a little fuzzy with the rest!

Quote:

This is downright weird. Maybe everybody is eating or something?

Well, no...that doesn't make sense, because...I always eat with MDC open in the background so I can check for new posts.

I'm not addicted or anything, really. :

Speaking of eating, I think I'll go find out if there's any food in this house. I need to manifest a trip to the co-op to stock up.
Keep reading MDC in relation to eating as McD's ... I don't know why ... I don't even like that place.

Quote:

There's great news on my Blog! Please go take a look, I think you'll like it! :
I love it! But I hope you realize a "compromise" isn't necessary. You said earlier that you get a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. I think you need to honor that and yourself rather than doing something that goes against your gut, yk?

Quote:
I have thoughts but am getting tired of typing one-handed so I will add them in a bit.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
HUGE manifestation

My DH signed a contract this afternoon for a new job that will most likely double his/our income in the next year. The base salary is higher and the bonus schedule is MUCH more generous. It also has wonderful benefits and the potential for an even higher salary later.

His current job requires travel nearly every week, approx 70 hours a week, and phone calls at wierd times because he supports customers all over the world. His NEW job requires occassional travel, no weekends, and far fewer hours.

He was manifesting being appreciated for what he did and his compensation being inline with the value he provides to the company, and having more time with his family.

He didn't apply for this job, they contacted him and begged him to join them.

Interestingly, I've been manifesting spending more time around water because I find it peaceful and relaxing. We currently live in the midwest, and this job is on the Atlantic coast of Florida. (I thought may be we could pick up a cheap little used boat and go on picnics in a lake or something -- I can't believe we are moving to a beach town!)

I am amazed at how blessed we are. This job goes far beyond what we could have wished for. We were focused on what we wanted, and not on the How. The How is really a lot more amazing than we could have dreamed up. The How blows my mind!

I am so happy and grateful now that our dreams are coming true!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Ananas, drink some water and infuse it with thoughts of "peace, love, calm, contentment, and energy".
I know this has been discussed before, but I still don't get it. How to you infuse water with stuff and what all can it be infused with? Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
everytime (I swear, every time!) I feel down I think of this one former friend I no longer hang out with and what I'd say to her if we meet again and regrets of the loss because she's in many ways very cool (just incredibly insecure and confused). So when I'm PMSing she's on my mind a lot. Obviously I have to work through something but what? I really don't know what to do with this. Confront her about what happened, forget it, talk about it, forgive and move on - what? I've been trying REVERSE for awhile and it works but she still pops into my mind every single time I'm down.
I vote for forgive and move on, but that is sometimes a process rather than just a decision.

I think that writing a letter to her where you say what you really think could be very healing for you, but don't mail the letter!!!! Just vent and get it out of your system. When I write about things I become more clear, and it sounds like you could use some clarity. Sometimes I burn my writing and imagine all the negative feelings being released as I watch the paper burn.

Do you need to have faith that you can manifest some new very cool friends to help replace her loss? It sounds like you still feel a bit of a hole in your life.

Are you able to wish good things for her? I'm working on this with my crazy sister. I'm manifesting getting to the point where I can imagine good things happening to her and feeling really happy about it.

Have you sorted through what you learned from the situation or what good came of it? Often getting to the point where we can see that every thing that happened was ultimately for our highest good, even though it was painful at the time, is healing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
I guess my question for myself is "How does this marketing make me feel?" Does it excite me, or do I feel like it's trying to take over my thought process? Does it feel vibrant, or does it feel hollow? Does it awaken inspiration, or does it awaken a feeling of need? Does it feel like somebody is trying to convince me, and trying to convince themselves? Does it feel like somebody is following a script, or is their heart in it? etc.
Nice post!!! I think a good example of just wonderful marketing is TUT's messages from the universe. I love opening mine every day, and at the bottom Mike has links to things that he sells. I feel like I know this guy, and I adore him! I like getting his marketing!

Also, for some of you who are wanting to start businesses and make money, I think there is a real niche for parenting/relationship stuff based on loa. Some of the reasons that I don't buy more loa stuff is that so much of it is based on being financially successful -- not on the stuff that my life is mostly about. Some body should step in and fill this niche! I've thought about writing a book or something. May be some of us could do something together???

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 PM

I believe the French quote means
"I always harvest what I sow, thank you!"

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 PM

Wow Linda on the Move, it's your user name manifested!

About your water question
http://www.whatthebleep.com/crystals/

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 03-02-2007, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Translation for those of us that don't speak French? I got that it starts with the word "I" and ends with "Thank you." I'm a little fuzzy with the rest!
I don't know why I didn't do it earlier :

"Je récolte toujours ce que je sème, merci!" means "I always harvest what I sow(scatter), thank you!" (using an online translation device)

So I explained to my son that when you send low vibes, you get more low vibes and when you send high vibes to the Univers, you get more high vibes from the Univers! The gardening image he got from the affirmation really helped him understand because he help us with our big garden.

Valérie   
Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 PM

Linda, Amazing!!! I'm soooooo happy for you!!!

Valérie   
Old 03-02-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
So, I'm officially letting the cat out of the bag. Coming soon to an Internet site near you: A forum devoted to LoA and energy work, specifically geared at our groovy women friends. : I'll post a link... soon!

Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 PM

Woo hoo Linda!!!! That is so amazing! Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I'm just thrilled for you!

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
I believe the French quote means
"I always harvest what I sow, thank you!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I don't know why I didn't do it earlier :

"Je récolte toujours ce que je sème, merci!" means "I always harvest what I sow(scatter), thank you!" (using an online translation device)

So I explained to my son that when you send low vibes, you get more low vibes and when you send high vibes to the Univers, you get more high vibes from the Univers! The gardening image he got from the affirmation really helped him understand because he help us with our big garden.
Thank you both!!!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 03-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
How about "my time is very valuable and worth more than a few bucks"?

Pat
Yay, I took the chance on multi quoting Thanks Pat I was being tongue in cheek because I believe I am providing a very valuable service --

Also, I believe one of the speakers on the Oprah secret shows -- James Ray I believe, said something along the lines of ---

".... so it's not so much an idea of if you build it they will come. It is more like, if you build it and it holds value (I am assuming he meant in the world, to better someone's experience etc), then they will come..."

I loved that quote because I believe that. I believe I am offering a fantastic service to people and that I have been gifted with the ability to connect to people and to lovingly guide them and help them.

Quote:
You know it will! No begging required!

April... Bartering rocks! It is my favourite form of transfering that energy called payment.

CAN NOT WAIT to see your site Melanie!!!!! Keep in touch through pm because I don't know if I will be on this thread as much as I used to be with all the exciting things happening!! I will ALWAYS be checking in though.... I am determined to stay in touch with all of you and get together in person someday in the near future!!

THANK you for reminding me of bartering -- I don't just want to manifest money, because money is just a vessel to open up my choices and experiences.... I am going to change the payment part of my website to include barters of services/products/whatever I may be needing --- thanks for reminding me of that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Wow! So much to respond to!
barefoot mama - why not stop worrying about the $ aspect of it and try to focus *only* on the service part?

Amris - I have opinions about marketing just like everyone else, but was going to say, why don't you just do what feels right? (And then I see that charging makes you feel icky.)

I think that once you focus on the SERVICE part of something, the $ naturally flows. Who said this? Joe Vitale? Lisa? I can't remember, but I believe it.

CC - I think you're already focused on that (not that the rest of you aren't!)
Thanks Terri so much, and yes I think that is the quote I was talking about by James Ray (the other ones probably have said some variation too)....

Oh trust me amris (and others) I have opinions on marketing, not all positive ones just leave it at that -- but I suppose I feel so comfortable charging for my services is because I feel totally at peace inside about it -- there are no questions of *am i being fair* or whatever, because I know I am -- there is no feeling of ickiness because I know I will give people their money's worth --

I also made it a point to say several times in my website that I am dedicated to HELPING YOU CREATE (you general, the client) the life they deserve --- I don't claim I will change their lives or make their life perfect etc... that is the problem I have with many products/marketing at times. That they take claim for performing miracles etc...

Anyway, off to finish the MASSIVE LOA course I am already offering on my site that I haven't finished

It's a novel!!

Hmmmm that gives me an idea....
Old 03-02-2007, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Dh and I are back from our date. Of course I had to check in here right away.

I manifested no rain and we talked a lot about manifesting our 10 acres. We thought we found the perfect piece a few weeks ago but it wasn't. So . . . now we're really on it.

LINDA! Sorry to SHOUT! but yippppeeee! Another FL Manifesting Mama! whoooohoooooo! I know Tara and Tara will be excited too!

Way to go dh!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

CC and Amris,
You both are a wonderful inspiration for me. NOw I need to start taking some action and as soon as GoDaddy unlocks my domain name, I can get my new site up.

Ok, I take that back. I can start working on it now before they unlock it. I just need to get going!

SOmebody kick me in the butt!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
CC and Amris,
You both are a wonderful inspiration for me. NOw I need to start taking some action and as soon as GoDaddy unlocks my domain name, I can get my new site up.

Ok, I take that back. I can start working on it now before they unlock it. I just need to get going!

How's this for a kick in the butt....

My book will be published next week. Inside, there are two different Messages that say, "Please see Kate's story at www.findingkate.com," so you had best get a move on!!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:30 PM

Quote:
*kicks you into gear*

Get to work, lady, like I did.

(Haha. I'm chatting with friends, eating goldfish, and browsing MDC)

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I am amazed at how blessed we are. This job goes far beyond what we could have wished for. We were focused on what we wanted, and not on the How. The How is really a lot more amazing than we could have dreamed up. The How blows my mind!
Linda that's so fantastic! :
Old 03-02-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
My book will be published next week.
May I just say:

Holy.Crap.

(Actually, may I say that? I'm not too clear on the rules )

Either way, that's absolutely amazing.

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 PM

Quote:
*kicks you into gear*

Get to work, lady, like I did.

(Haha. I'm chatting with friends, eating goldfish, and browsing MDC)
Those poor little fishies. :cry:

That reminds me of a story from my youth.

I was at a party (well, really just a gathering of friends) and one of the guys brought his own beer and drank too much of it. So he falls to sleep with his head leaning back on the sofa, and his mouth hanging wide open. Snoring. Loudly.

Really loudly.

So, I started tossing goldfish crackers at him, and one landed in his mouth. Being bored (and young- I didn't think of choking possibilities), I started tossing them into his mouth.

Before long, he woke up, ate the crackers while blearily watching TV, and went right back to sleep.

He did it 3 times before he changed position. It was mighty amusing.

Linda, super big 'grats on your manifesting, dear!!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How's this for a kick in the butt....

My book will be published next week. Inside, there are two different Messages that say, "Please see Kate's story at www.findingkate.com," so you had best get a move on!!

I would that and seriously, I will link to your site from Kate's if you want to swap that way!

I'm thinking of buying the name .org Then I won't even have to wait on GoDaddy and the .org is better anyway.

What do you all think?

User Tag List