Devon's Almost March LoA Manifesting Masters Thread - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2007, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Are you able to embrace this quiet time with contentedness as the Universe builds your strength and energy stores? Could you find a space for healing and loving yourself and your life exactly as you are? As these manifest, then you will be ready for more demands. It sounds like the Universe is sending you the time to be with yourself and to know yourself, that is such a gift that most mothers don't have before motherhood.

Everything is exactly as it needs to be. Embrace the present moments for the value they add to your whole life, now and the future life.

All is well.

Pat
Thanks. It does seem that the Universe is telling me to rest. I've slept more in the past two days then the 4 days before them. I've been having strange dreams that are light and not heavy like my usual dreams.

Thanks Linda for the great affirmation you looked up.

And thanks everyone else too. Especially CC who called me and chatted with me until I could feel my spirits lift from friendship and understanding.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
okay mamas,
So . . . I'm manifesting a great week of productivity starting on MOnday!
I should do the same, and this leads me to something I've been wondering about.

I've never manifested a "thing" so to speak, really. I've manifested small items, and I've manifested healing, I've cured myself of depression, etc...but now I'm ready for that big, exciting manifestation.

Any ideas on what it could be and how to go about doing it? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
It will most likely be available for purchase the week after next, but published for my previewing next week.
That crazy universe. It does indeed like speed!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Here's the problem, though... how exactly would you describe what I do?
You make people feel absolutely wonderful. :

Quote:
I don't know what's going on here but I'm having trouble w/this new company who's hosting too. I also bought the .org name last night and can't figure out how to get that going either.
Something is stopping this from happening.

I don't know what it is, because I don't know your thoughts and feelings on it, but- something is blocking it. Are you afraid to have this happen for some reason? Are you worried about it in any way? Are you worried about the stresses starting this company will bring?

I just have the feeling that something in your thoughts or actions is telling the Universe that now might not be the right time for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
OK, my blog is up! Barely, but it's up!

http://manifestingmuse.blogspot.com/
Looks great! My blog is up, too, I just need to add a post.

Quote:

A guy cuts me off and is driving about 5 miles under the speed limit. As I start to get irritated, I say, "Darn it, how the heck did I manifest your dumb, slow @55 getting in front of me??"
:
I wonder the same thing. "Now, how exactly did I manifest this idiot?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
if you're into audiobooks, i would highly recommend "the secret" audiobook as well. i like it better than the movie.
I do, too. I love the audiobook.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-03-2007, 07:14 PM

FYI: I'm compiling a short list of thread links for the LoA sticky at the top of the forum.

ETA the link: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=599720

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:14 PM

Hi everyone. Just checking in. I'm feeling very stuck right now. I won't go into detail because I don't want to bring anyone down. But I've been reading and I'm so happy for all of you who have manifested such wonderful things.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post

Ever heard the David Duchovny song? http://www.breesharp.net/lyrics/david.html It's a favorite of mine
OH. MY. GAWD. I heard this years ago and was never able to find it online. THIS THURSDAY night, at the gym, I thought of it and wanted to go online and look again, but never did. So I guess I manifested it! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post
I'm so sorry if this has been asked before, I don't see it! I don't have much time to spend online these days, so I'm wondering if there's a good off-line resource for learning about the LOA principles. As a newbie, I'm completely overwhelmed by the number of threads/posts here and get totally lost and/or sidetracked every time I try to jump in somewhere Is there a good book I should start with? Is the actual The Secret book any good? Is the movie more useful? I saw a passing reference somewhere to a book by Michael Losier about manifesting LOA too. Please, help a newbie out! I'm totally fascinated by all of this and can really see it helping to drive some...er, positivity? (I'll need to work on manifesting the right term there ) in my life right now, and in general. I'm looking forward to treasure mapping this year and am trying to get ready, but I'd like to work on factoring the LOA in as well.

TIA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigenousmama View Post
if you're into audiobooks, i would highly recommend "the secret" audiobook as well. i like it better than the movie.
The DVD and audiobook were my faves... as much I love to read I have a hard time LEARNING from books. Though Ask and It Is Given is another great one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace View Post
Thanks! This list will be helpful to all of us, I think. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
I should do the same, and this leads me to something I've been wondering about.

I've never manifested a "thing" so to speak, really. I've manifested small items, and I've manifested healing, I've cured myself of depression, etc...but now I'm ready for that big, exciting manifestation.

Any ideas on what it could be and how to go about doing it? :
A cup of coffee? A snowstorm? No, seriously... whatever you want! How about the next thing you think of "Oh it would be nice to have ___", manifest that!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Essay Question (LOL):

What is the distinction between RB's pretending bills were checks, and Hicks' saying not to "slap a happy face" on the empty gas tank?

I get what both are saying, I guess I'm just not completely clear on how RB was NOT just slapping on a happy face.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_b View Post
Hi everyone. Just checking in. I'm feeling very stuck right now. I won't go into detail because I don't want to bring anyone down. But I've been reading and I'm so happy for all of you who have manifested such wonderful things.
Please do share!! We love to help!!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
FYI: I'm compiling a short list of thread links for the LoA sticky at the top of the forum.
Thanks, fullofgrace! And if I could make a suggestion to take back to the mod team? When a thread gets dumped into a fast moving thread like this, it becomes confusing for this thread and confusing for the OP of the other thread. Messages get all woven together and it is not always obvious what someone is replying to. (Forgetting for a moment the overwhelming aspect for someone trying to find their thread.) Is it possible to have any 'dropped in' posts labeled/titled in some way so they are more easy to spot? I think that would be helpful. (Said with much appreciation and respect for the mods here, who do a fantastic job and are undoubtly looking out for the best interests of everyone!)

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-03-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Essay Question (LOL):

What is the distinction between RB's pretending bills were checks, and Hicks' saying not to "slap a happy face" on the empty gas tank?

I get what both are saying, I guess I'm just not completely clear on how RB was NOT just slapping on a happy face.
Sticking a happy face on it is not really believing what you're saying, but using the words to pretend you are. Your vibration knows better!

Rhonda Byrne stressed that she made a point to get into a joyful feeling place before playing her cheque game. So she used her imagination to create some fun for herself, and got that much closer to what she wanted to manifest in the process.

It's all in the feelings.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)

Quote:
Yeah, that! Tell us what's on your mind, mama_b!

Melanie

Generally that will take more steps, BUT if I can figure out a quick way to 'flag' the merged posts (I can see if vBulletin.com has any suggestions), I will definitely pass it along.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
I have come up with a couple creative ideas for dealing with things like this, so as not to expand ds's vocabulary in certain directions. When I start off driving, I set the intention that all the slow annoying people get out of my way quickly, unless I need to slow down (cop ahead or some such). If a slow person gets in front of me, or a big smelly truck, or whatever, instead of getting annoyed, I repeat my affirmation. I've been having some success with this. They generally turn into the next parking lot, or at the next light.

On the other extreme, there are the Big Hurry People. You know, the ones who insist on tailgating you when you're already doing 70 in a 55 zone (Yes, I do live in Massachusetts, and I know what some of you people from northern new england call us! ) I get over when I can and bless them as they pass, saying "Good cop bait!"
About people who pi$$ you off (especially drivers), I am now reading The Secret of Perfect Living by James T. Mangan (the SWITCHWORDS guy) and in it he says to artificially *elate*whenever something like this happens.

He says,
Quote:
Spend a day in using people in your own behalf. The driver ahead suddenly stops his car w/out signaling. Should you blow your top? No - elate! Say: "I feel great, I'm glad he did it. Someone insults you -either deliberately or by accident. Elate. Ordinarily you would fly off the handle and answer back, or go into your hole and brood. But here is a chance to turn an insult into something useful. Elate. Announce: "I am important enough to be insulted. This is a great boost to my spirits."
I've been doing it since yesterday and it really really helps!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
About people who pi$$ you off (especially drivers), I am now reading The Secret of Perfect Living by James T. Mangan (the SWITCHWORDS guy) and in it he says to artificially *elate*whenever something like this happens.

He says,

I've been doing it since yesterday and it really really helps!
HAHAHA:

Quote:
"I am important enough to be insulted. This is a great boost to my spirits."
Go ahead, insult me, I can take it! :
Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
  • Another book on the Law of Attraction that many like is Ask and It Is Given by Esther & Jerry Hicks. I haven't read it yet, but someone shared a link to a free PDF of it.
I was JUST saying to my friend an hour ago that I really HAVE to read this book!! How's that for quick manifesting? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Yeah, that! Tell us what's on your mind, mama_b!
Well, I'm not really sure what's wrong. I just feel stuck. I feel like I have all of the tools that I need to make my life better, but for some reason I am unable to use them effectively. For example, I have been trying to attract a move and more money into my life. Sometimes I'm able to be positive about it, but right now I just feel stuck.

We just found out that the store location that we want to move to with dh's job will not be opening until fall of next year. We thought we would be moving this fall. So that's a big bummer. And we were doing okay with money for awhile, but then I had to quit my (very very part-time) job because of the panic attacks I was having. Now everything just looks really bad. We are getting a HUGE refund check from our taxes, but it is going to pay off our credit card. And I have to find a way to bring in income because we aren't breaking even anymore. Right now we have $0. Any food I buy has to go on the credit card until dh gets paid again.

I really want to start a fulfilling work at home business, but I have no idea what I want to do. And even if I did know what I wanted to do, I don't have the money to start a business. I have been thinking and thinking and I just don't know what to do. It would have to be something that I could do without leaving my dd very often.

I was listening to the Masters of the Secret interview with Lisa Nichols, and they were talking about how you can't just ask for something and then sit around and wait for what you want to come and tap you on the shoulder. You have to ACT. The problem is that I don't know HOW to act. How can I act to start a business or find some way to make money when I don't know what I want to do? How can I act to move without dh's job when I don't know what to do to get us there and when moving takes money that we don't currently have? I'm just really confused.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Any advice/suggestions are welcome.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:57 PM

OK, I found the stuff I wrote about PMS and female power. Hee it is, in case it Let me tell you something. PMS can be a time of great power!

Quote:
I'm a musician. I don't have periods right now (although I no longer believe I'm menopausal ), but I've always found that my most exciting performances have happened just before and during the first couple of days of my period. Somehow that's when I feel it deepest and put it out strongest. The emotions are more intense, yes, but that can be good! Remember how it says in the secrest that emotions are what makes it happen? Put that extra power behind your good feelings - if you can find the positive image to hold on to, you'll be giving it an extra boost with that pre-menstrual energy.

I'm probably dating myself here, but does anyone remember Carlos Castaneda and the Don Juan books? Supposedly CC studied with an old Yaqui Indian in Mexico who taught him sorcery through magic mushrooms. The books are really about self-discovery, to a certain extent. One thing I always remembered was that Don Juan pointed out a female sorcerer (for want of a better word) to CC, and said something to the effect of "Women are more powerful sorcerers than men, because they get their periods, and they're most powerful when they're actually having their periods." That really resonated with me.

It IS a time of power. I sort of wonder if the reason we feel so negative about it is that we live in a culture where for thousands of years women's power has been threatening to men and has been suppressed. Our mid-cycle power (receptive, child-conceving, domestic) is lauded and over-emphasized) but our autonomous creative power (clearing out the womb and the child-bearing potential) is not. (BTW, why is there is superstition not to walk under a ladder. IN CASE A DROP OF RED PAINT FALLS ON YOU!!!! ROFL. Society is so scared of our power.) Because I work in an autonomous-creative field (performing) I sort of stumbled on this stuff by accident, but I hope these ramblings are helpful. Maybe you can use that power in your own service!
speaks to anyone!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Mama_ b,

Could you make a list of favorite things and see if any of them speak to you as a service type business? When we make our passions our life, our life becomes filled with the things we love. For instance, the mamas who are manifesting opportunities with the LoA, or homeopathy, or fundraising, sharing their gifts, writing, creating websites, knitting, sewing, childcare, teaching, etc. If you can connect with that which brings you joy, then sharing that joy adds value to the world. People are happy to exchange value with others who add value to their world.

What are your passions?

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissel View Post
I'm so sorry if this has been asked before, I don't see it! I don't have much time to spend online these days, so I'm wondering if there's a good off-line resource for learning about the LOA principles. As a newbie, I'm completely overwhelmed by the number of threads/posts here and get totally lost and/or sidetracked every time I try to jump in somewhere Is there a good book I should start with? Is the actual The Secret book any good? Is the movie more useful? I saw a passing reference somewhere to a book by Michael Losier about manifesting LOA too. Please, help a newbie out! I'm totally fascinated by all of this and can really see it helping to drive some...er, positivity? (I'll need to work on manifesting the right term there ) in my life right now, and in general. I'm looking forward to treasure mapping this year and am trying to get ready, but I'd like to work on factoring the LOA in as well.

TIA!
I'd start with the movie since in only about 2 hours you will get a very good grasp of what LoA is and you get to hear it from many different people.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I could use any good thoughts today. I've caught something called the noro virus that is going around here. I'm better today but still weak and the physical illness has seemed to affect my mental state too. I'm feeling a little hopeless and not bright in spirit as of yet. The weather here is cold again and rainy and I am just resting and drinking lots of fluids but I'm wondering if it's another batch of PMS this month that is making me so weepy or if it's just the illness weakening my spirits. I just can't explain to you guys the frustration of ttc each month and feeling like I've failed. I feel like it's gotten way beyond having a child and like I now bundle most of my self-worth in having another child. I don't want to do this and I know I am worthy whether I have 1 or 100 children.

Thank you for sending me mental and physical strength today to get me back to where I know I can be.

T
and healing vibes, I hope you feel better very soon.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
exactly! i found this to be consistently true in my midwifery practice.

Barefoot mama i'm so happy for you that you got in touch with your dd. and I assume your dh got home just fine.

do you ever do homeopathy with pets? if so, i'd like to consult with you about my dog and cat. they both have itchy dry skin and nutrition and supplements don't seem to be affecting them.
Yes, I've done a few pets before and would LOVE to help you with yours. I will warn you that skin stuff can be difficult and patience is required. PM me if you are interested
Thanks!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:30 PM

Taradactyl, I jsut wanted to send you : : :

Maybe it would help to see this quiet time as the quiet before flowers bloom in the spring. It looks like nothing is happening, but under the surface life is ready to burst forth. May it be so for you!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:35 PM

Can I just say:

I. LOVE. BLOGGING!!!!!

:

All I've done so far is upload the beginning of the journal I've been keeping since January, but I feel so great about getting it out there! AAND I jsut discovered that I can use adsense on blogger.com, which I originally wanted to do for my blog, and I had no idea I could!! This is all so much easier than I thought! And when I get the hang of it, I'll be able to provide links for all the cool stuff you're creating!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! - all of you who've given me advice or just a kick in the pants to get going!!!! HOORAYYYYY!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 08:44 PM

I have a special request for everyone.

If you wouldn't mind manifesting some health and light for Kathryn's baby Lily I would be ever so grateful.

The original thread is here.

You can read all the medical updates on carepages.com and type in lilymathis (exactly as typed - no spaces)

Thank you!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

I've been thinking that we are not all moving near Pat, but it seems that we are building our own LoA inspired community virtually.

Wouldn't it be great if we all linked to each other from our sites? I'm willing to find a way.

I'm going to make my site and the story of dd into an LoA related one.

And, I meant to say many pages ago that Pat, I think you'd be awesome at a parenting-related LoA business! It's perfect for you!

Oh, I think I know what my block is regarding my site too . . .

Off to the tub w/dds . . . will post more about that later.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
I have a special request for everyone.

If you wouldn't mind manifesting some health and light for Kathryn's baby Lily I would be ever so grateful.

The original thread is here.

You can read all the medical updates on carepages.com and type in lilymathis (exactly as typed - no spaces)

Thank you!
:
Old 03-03-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
Yes, I've done a few pets before and would LOVE to help you with yours. I will warn you that skin stuff can be difficult and patience is required. PM me if you are interested
Thanks!

awesome! pm'ing you now
Old 03-03-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Oh, I think I know what my block is regarding my site too . . .

Sometimes the Universe knows what we really want even when we're telling it we want something different.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
I was JUST saying to my friend an hour ago that I really HAVE to read this book!! How's that for quick manifesting? Thanks!
Thank you for making mention of this to fullofgrace! I missed her posting of it and am not going back to find it! So, I wanted to say thank you!! This is a book I figured I had to come across sooner or later!

fullofgrace Thank you for posting the link for us!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 PM

Devon (and any other DD fans) here's the song on Youtube. The picture quality is bad (on all the versions I could find) but the song is good. And the video is totally hilarious. They even have Scully singing a line. Got me laughing (which is always good, right? ) http://youtube.com/watch?v=1o07g5QVcg4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I was thinking last night about how as mothers we often get messages and even tell ourselves that what WE want and what WE prefer isn't important. As the years go by, it is easy to feel that the little things that we like don't matter at all because there are just so many more important things.
I mean to say something about this before. I think this is a very good reason for me to be thankful for this whole thing. I honestly thought I was not doing this. It wasn't until she came into my life that I started thinking "oh yeah, all that stuff I used to like . . . ". So a little painful, yes, but great benefit came from all this

This afternoon I jumped on the trampoline and stuck a sci-fi movie in the VCR while I was exercising. Man, I forgot how much fun it is to pull apart all the things wrong with a movie (of course with this movie that was shooting fish in a barrel but still, fun aliens, good special effects, I had a good time ).

Quote:
That really spoke to me ... time to sit and ponder it a bit more.
Toons looks like so much fun. We already play Toontown on-line (put out by Disney, but sounds like an almost exact replica of the RL role playing Toons, except with Disney people). I think my oldest would enjoy Toons game too.
My 8 year old loved it. She and I were laughing hysterically My 4 year old didn't get it though. He enjoyed rolling dice for me but lost interest after a half hour or so. I'll take a look for toontown on-line, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
I think it was sort of like having the same dream over and over: you were getting a message, but you couldn't quite sort out what it meant.
Yes, and you and this thread helped me figure it out, Thanks!

Quote:
Up til now, I've not been creative and crafty. It is something I've decided to manifest
Let us know what you do! I just went and bought paint to do some decorating in the front room tomorrow

Quote:
The DVD and audiobook were my faves... as much I love to read I have a hard time LEARNING from books. Though Ask and It Is Given is another great one!!
Me too. Visuals/audios are best for me. For books though, I really liked Excuse Me Your Life is Waiting.

Quote:
Essay Question (LOL):

Well, this is just me, but I thought the check game was just supposed to be a fun way to visualize. The idea of slapping a happy face sticker on the empty gas tank is more serious. I don't know, I can feel the difference, but I can't explain it. Probably why I don't try to give much help on this list

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_b View Post
The problem is that I don't know HOW to act. How can I act to start a business or find some way to make money when I don't know what I want to do? How can I act to move without dh's job when I don't know what to do to get us there and when moving takes money that we don't currently have? I'm just really confused.
Can you just focus on what you want the end result to be? Not the money, not the business, but what you want to do with it all? My second thought is that it might just take time. I think it was Canfield who said he put out the intention to make money and it was about 30 days before he got his idea. And then he had to work on that which took time. Maybe your idea is coming but isn't quite there yet.

Thinking of Lily
Old 03-03-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I've been thinking that we are not all moving near Pat, but it seems that we are building our own LoA inspired community virtually. Wouldn't it be great if we all linked to each other from our sites? I'm willing to find a way.
Hey, I am not giving up that easily! Even if CC is a manifesting guru drawing everyone to Florida! I am drawing empowered and impassioned women to my community and life. And, yes, KoalaMama is manifesting the Motherboard for LoA and we could all connect our resources to each other!!

Quote:
And, I meant to say many pages ago that Pat, I think you'd be awesome at a parenting-related LoA business! It's perfect for you!
Yes, that which flows easily is meant to be. I realized I had been writing a book online for years, so I might as well bind it and offer it more succinctly.

Pat

I have a blog.

User Tag List