Devon's Almost March LoA Manifesting Masters Thread - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#601 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Well, Devon... Often the only thing I have to do to raise my vibration is read one of your posts. You crack me up! Love you!
OMG! I was just about to say the same thing.
Devon -
Annikate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#602 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
NYU actually has a grad program for moms, by the way.
Get outta here! What's it about? Oh, duh! I get it. Is it like a night-time fast track thing for moms or what?
Annikate is offline  
#603 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Meanwhile, my new second favorite affirmation, after Linda's...
for turning your problems over to God.
(from Dr. Wayne Dyer's 10 Secrets for Inner Peace)

"I don't know how to deal with this, but I know I am connected to You, the miraculous creative force in the Universe. I'll move my ego out of the way and turn it over to you"

Doesn't it bring you peace just reading it? Sigh.
*Devon* is offline  
#604 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 10:58 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Get outta here! What's it about? Oh, duh! I get it. Is it like a night-time fast track thing for moms or what?
No, you were right the first time!! It's some kind of childhood study degree thing, and in the description it says it's good for people who want to work with kids or be parents!! (I'm paraphrasing of course) so it is, essentially, a graduate degree in being a parent.
*Devon* is offline  
#605 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
No, you were right the first time!! It's some kind of childhood study degree thing, and in the description it says it's good for people who want to work with kids or be parents!! (I'm paraphrasing of course) so it is, essentially, a graduate degree in being a parent.
Wow. That is so cool! Another reason to love NYU!
Annikate is offline  
#606 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 PM
 
Zannalyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: land of Weird Wonderful and Woo-woo
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Well, Devon... Often the only thing I have to do to raise my vibration is read one of your posts. You crack me up! Love you!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I get some funny looks from family members and friends when I mention anything parent-y, like you can't even THINK about birth, or bf'ing, or homeschooling, or diapers, or ANYTHING until you're pregnant...

I think the world would be a much better place if EVERYONE were obligated to read Mothering and hang out here before conceiving!
I thought about it a lot before I was ever a mama, myself. I used to sit and read Mothering where I was babysitting... that mom even gave me Spiritual Midwifery to read. She said the language was kind of funny, but she loved the book. Of course, being the hippie that I am, the language was plenty familiar to me.
Zannalyn is offline  
#607 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 11:16 PM
 
ShannonCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Is it conceited that the only thing I have to do to raise my vibration is look in the mirror? : : I'm not kidding. I am absolutely head over heels in love with my own reflection. I'm like a freakin' parakeet
Thanks for that! Though, to be honest : my upstairs mirror is magic or something. I love looking at myself in that thing. Maybe you have a magic mirror too

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
This is too sad to be funny, but I laughed out loud and dh totally agreed that I am hoarding and cluttering.
Oh, you gotta see the humor in it And the "sense of lack", that's it isn't it? I'm not even sure I was thinking of the LOA when I wrote that last week (I'll have to re-read it and see if I was). But hey, decluttering is fun when you get started Enjoy


Quote:
But none of that is any reason for me to consider her behaviour reckless, or gives me room/cause to judge her for it. Her life is her work, and how I choose to view it is mine.
Hmmmm. Maybe I am "judgmental", I don't know, but I do make judgements on things like the situation with my dad. I make judgments in order to get an idea of what I want and do not want in life. I love my dad and he has many good points, but there are many ways in which I do not want to be like him and his financial dealings are one of them. I don't judge him in that I think he's less than others or not a good person or not worthy of my time, but yeah, I do see his actions as something I do not want to emulate and that's a judgment isn't it? I don't know, I think I've typed the word "judge" too many times and it's losing meaning

Quote:
Hey - have you given your dad a copy of The Secret? It has been a great conversation point for me and Mom!
No, that idea makes me really uncomfortable. I don't know why, he'd probably love it. Maybe I'm scared he'll say "Oh yeah, I know LOA and do it all the time!".
ShannonCC is offline  
#608 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 11:20 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Thanks for that! Though, to be honest : my upstairs mirror is magic or something. I love looking at myself in that thing. Maybe you have a magic mirror too
Nope, I think we are just THAT HOT!! :
*Devon* is offline  
#609 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 11:27 PM
 
KoalaMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: OH CANADA!
Posts: 2,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Hmmmm. Maybe I am "judgmental", I don't know, but I do make judgements on things like the situation with my dad. I make judgments in order to get an idea of what I want and do not want in life. I love my dad and he has many good points, but there are many ways in which I do not want to be like him and his financial dealings are one of them. I don't judge him in that I think he's less than others or not a good person or not worthy of my time, but yeah, I do see his actions as something I do not want to emulate and that's a judgment isn't it? I don't know, I think I've typed the word "judge" too many times and it's losing meaning
I went through this with my mother, too. But (at this moment in time) I can honestly say that I don't give one hoot what she does and don't feel the least judgemental about any of it. (And there's no judgement on the word 'judgemental' from me, either. ) I guess I no longer have any interest in investing my energy in deciphering her life. (?) It is so freeing to say this and mean it... I truly believe that she is exactly where she needs to be, and all is well. I think this has been my greatest gift to myself since discovering the LoA and consciously working it all.

I'm really glad this subject came up, because it has been nice to look at how I feel about all of this. Good stuff! Thanks!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
KoalaMama is offline  
#610 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 11:36 PM
 
ananas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I'm like a freakin' parakeet
You're so awesome. I love you and your posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
As CC and others have said, it's no different for us Not Mamas Yet (which I haven't *joined the tribe* because it seems to be mostly people ttc and
I haven't joined the tribe, either- it mostly seems to be for people who are trying to conceive or know when they're going to start trying- and I don't fit into either category at the moment.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

ananas is offline  
#611 of 620 Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
You're so awesome. I love you and your posts
Thanks


Quote:
I haven't joined the tribe, either- it mostly seems to be for people who are trying to conceive or know when they're going to start trying- and I don't fit into either category at the moment.
Exactamundo.
*Devon* is offline  
#612 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 10:50 AM
 
Sepia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 871
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post

i do this - i use chinese characters, but can do whatever one is looking for. i am setting up an etsy shop for them! i've made water pitchers, glasses, and lanterns with glass windows.
please post a link when you have your shop up! i would love some for my family and to give as gifts
Sepia is offline  
#613 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 11:32 AM
 
Linda on the move's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: basking in the sunshine
Posts: 10,611
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Meanwhile, my new second favorite affirmation, after Linda's...
: : :

(I didn't write it, it is from Louise Hay, but it is a really good one, isn't it?)

Quote:
(from Dr. Wayne Dyer's 10 Secrets for Inner Peace)

"I don't know how to deal with this, but I know I am connected to You, the miraculous creative force in the Universe. I'll move my ego out of the way and turn it over to you"
I'm reading this book RIGHT NOW!!!!

BTW Devon, your posts are so much fun and I think you are THAT hot, too!

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Linda on the move is offline  
#614 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
 
ericaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Home of THE BLOB!
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I used to always think I would "jinx" myself if I spoke what I wanted to happen outloud. I'd go around refering to things but never stating them.
This is so me - and I often wonder if anyone else has this superstition. But, I do remember reading in Creative Visualization that it can be more powerful to keep our exact visualizations/affirmations to ourselves and not share them with others.
For me, I find it to be true...when I keep my goals/manfestations to myself I find them to have more power and potential.
ericaz is offline  
#615 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 12:06 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaz View Post
For me, I find it to be true...when I keep my goals/manfestations to myself I find them to have more power and potential.
We were just discussing this... do you really? I should try it both ways and see what happens... although truthfully, looking back, the best things I've manifested I haven't told anyone about.

Do you write them down or something, or just keep them in your head?
*Devon* is offline  
#616 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 12:22 PM
 
ericaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Home of THE BLOB!
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
We were just discussing this... do you really? I should try it both ways and see what happens... although truthfully, looking back, the best things I've manifested I haven't told anyone about.

Do you write them down or something, or just keep them in your head?
I apologize if I brought up something this thread already covered - I came across the original quote and thought I'd post my experience before I forgot to!
You know...right now I just keep them in my head but I really want to get into the habit of writing it down. I'd like to keep an ongoing list of all the things I'd like to have in my life - right next to the list of all that I'm grateful for.
As it is right now, I just go back and forth of the things that I'm grateful for (most importantly the people in my life who offer me SUCH love and support) as well as what I want to bring into my life. So, it's affirmations followed by visualization of how my life will change as each desire is given to me.

OT, what ever happened to you and my bro, Devon?:
ericaz is offline  
#617 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 01:17 PM
 
*Devon*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: surrounded by Love
Posts: 2,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericaz View Post
I apologize if I brought up something this thread already covered - I came across the original quote and thought I'd post my experience before I forgot to!
You know...right now I just keep them in my head but I really want to get into the habit of writing it down. I'd like to keep an ongoing list of all the things I'd like to have in my life - right next to the list of all that I'm grateful for.
As it is right now, I just go back and forth of the things that I'm grateful for (most importantly the people in my life who offer me SUCH love and support) as well as what I want to bring into my life. So, it's affirmations followed by visualization of how my life will change as each desire is given to me.

OT, what ever happened to you and my bro, Devon?:
I hope you don't think I was saying anything about the fact that this had been brought up-- it was more like, "Oh! We were just talking about this and what a great addition this is to the conversation!"

I am going to start doing a list, too.

I am working on it... I just can't figure out a way to frame an email that starts with "I met your sister on the internet"! LMAO... I was waiting to be inspired.
*Devon* is offline  
#618 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
 
Annikate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: FL
Posts: 4,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post

I am working on it... I just can't figure out a way to frame an email that starts with "I met your sister on the internet"! LMAO... I was waiting to be inspired.
I've taken it upon myself to be your kick in the butt today. :

Take action. ACTION. Do it. Now. Then post and let us know what happens!

(And I don't mean just w/sending this email, I mean w/*anything* today.)
Annikate is offline  
#619 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 01:37 PM
 
ericaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Home of THE BLOB!
Posts: 1,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I hope you don't think I was saying anything about the fact that this had been brought up-- it was more like, "Oh! We were just talking about this and what a great addition this is to the conversation!"
Cool! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't sounding like a broken record.

Quote:
I am going to start doing a list, too.
Me too. As soon as I can pull myself away from the computer. I.Can.Do.It!!

Quote:
I am working on it... I just can't figure out a way to frame an email that starts with "I met your sister on the internet"! LMAO... I was waiting to be inspired.
Kicking your butt over here, too! I don't think Mike would find it odd that we met online - he's quite fond of meeting new people, via the internet or otherwise!
I'm sooooooooo curious to find out if you guys hit it off. I just want him to find a nice woman...so I can have a SIL!
ericaz is offline  
#620 of 620 Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM
 
fullofgrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 15,416
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, so I didn't lock it until this morning instead of last night. Either way, get thee to the new thread!


Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.
 

fullofgrace is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off