Devon's Almost March LoA Manifesting Masters Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I believe that television is a tool of exploring and discovering the world beyond our home, community and culture.
I'm with Pat! Actually, LoA has made me rethink my whole view on television.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#62 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Hello to all of the new faces...er, names
Welcome to the best thread on MDC (and possibly the whole internet!) :

March Thread
I was actually thrilled to see the March thread. Like a few other people mentioned, it's a new chapter, a new beginning. Having the chance to start over and begin creating a different life whenever you wish is amazing, it's great to have a new fresh thread to do it on.

As far as weekly threads go, it looks like I'm in the minority here- I like the monthly thread.

I don't know why, exactly...I really like organization, and having a monthly thread seems to keep everything in one tidy spot for me. Plus, like Amris mentioned, this isn't a thread where you have to catch up on every page before you begin posting. Circumstances and things people are going through change daily- just reading the most recent page will have you "caught up" for the most part.

Signs
I've been wondering this, too. Do we receive signs, or are these just things we have manifested?
Here's a good example:
I've been really moving along with getting my photography career started. Taking inspired action, reading up on it, talking to people about it, etc...and last night I happened to glance down at the local parenting magazine and there was an AD for a children's photographer in the area that I missed the first time through the magazine...so, is this a sign for me? Or did I manifest it by putting so much of my focus on photography?

It doesn't really matter to me, but :

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
But it's 8:10 am on Feb 28th.
Boy, somebody was eager to get March started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_mom View Post

When I read the Abraham-Hicks 30 day Challenge, it was kinda overwhelming. I like the gratitude lists and the smile for the minute stuff, but I can't seem to get the time for the rest and feels like too much work. : Like the Secret teachers say, if its work, then you are going agaisnt the energy flow. Don't do it.
I felt the same way about it...I liked the lists and everything, they just felt like a school assignment that I was forcing myself to do. :

I think what I'll do is just skim it over when I need to raise my vibration and find something that looks fun and enjoyable. What was it that Jack Canfield said? "If it ain't fun, don't do it"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
ETA: Oh nevermind! I just remembered it's possible to use multiquotes from another thread too. Hopefully that would work from a locked thread.
: Will it work?

Y'know, not that I like quoting or anything. Nope, not me.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#63 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 07:37 PM

yay! i'm so happy and grateful now that we are having weekly LoA threads! i felt like i was treading water trying to keep up with the monthly threads! LOL

by the way, for canadian mamas, today is the last day to buy tickets for the millionaire life lottery.
#64 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=ShannonCC;

Do you guys believe in signs? How do you know something is a sign and something is just a coincidence? I tried to listen to a LOA thing on the walkman last night and the batteries die[/QUOTE]

shannon i think it's a sign to stop thinking about loa and planning about it and being in your head and just DO it

eta: ok i read the rest of the thread and other people have said similar things. i think it's hilarious and wonderful that you were talking about being a virgo and all that goes with it and here you have a situation where you are being presented an opportunity to behave differently

Devon I'm sorry you didn't get to start the March thread--maybe next week can be yours? I definitely like the weekly thread idea.
#65 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananas View Post
I've been wondering this, too. Do we receive signs, or are these just things we have manifested?
Could it be both?

You manifest it by being in the same vibration as your desire.

And/or, the universe sends you the sign saying "You're in the same vibration as your desire, so here it is!"
#66 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Okay.....

I've chatted with Heartmama, our mod, and she's totally cool with a weekly thread. What she will do, though, is lock it when it's done. We will still be able to read it, just won't be able to post there. That way, we'll only have one LoA chat/update/support/question thread going at one time and it will be far less confusing than having several threads all going, like we do today. She's going to turn the March thread title to reflect that it's a weekly thread....then every week, we'll start a new one.

I hope this will help people keep up, help new people feel comfortable to jump in and participate....and hopefully everyone's questions and concerns will be addressed more easily.

I believe she's going to lock the Feb thread today....so we will post in this one until next week.
So will this thread be turned into a weekly thread instead of monthly, or are the other thread "Success", "Money and LOA", "LOA and Children", etc. all going to be combined into a weekly thread? It seems that those should stay separate since they are a particular subject, and then the monthly chat thread can turn into a weekly one. Sort of like the Due Date Clubs have a weekly chat thread, but than the specific threads as well.

ETA: just read back a few pages, and it looks like the indiv. threads will be allowed to stand, but that threads the mods think deal with similar issues will be combined. okey, dokey, I get it.
#67 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
Okay.....

I've chatted with Heartmama, our mod, and she's totally cool with a weekly thread. What she will do, though, is lock it when it's done. We will still be able to read it, just won't be able to post there. That way, we'll only have one LoA chat/update/support/question thread going at one time and it will be far less confusing than having several threads all going, like we do today. She's going to turn the March thread title to reflect that it's a weekly thread....then every week, we'll start a new one.

I hope this will help people keep up, help new people feel comfortable to jump in and participate....and hopefully everyone's questions and concerns will be addressed more easily.

I believe she's going to lock the Feb thread today....so we will post in this one until next week.
Great!
#68 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey, what is everybody's favorite vibration-raising music?

How about, what would you suggest as foolproof vibration-raising music that would appeal to just about everyone?
Who was it that posted this last month?

It should make you
#69 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:

How about, what would you suggest as foolproof vibration-raising music that would appeal to just about everyone?
My personal choices are either Streetcorner Symphony by Rob Thomas or Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (?). I both and they both get me moving!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#70 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:07 PM

WHY WOULD ANYONE HAVE STARTED THE NEW THREAD YET, MISSY? IT'S STILL FEBRUARY! Sigh. Ok, I am releasing my annoyance that Annikate is a BRAT and beat me to the new thread by CHEATING.

*deep breath in.... and out*

Off to read the FOUR pages from today!
#71 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:10 PM

So, a curious what-would-you-do, though I think I know what I'm going to do. Ok, money is kind of tight right now but I also have $150 sitting in my sock drawer burning a hole, so to speak, that my mom has given me the last couple times we have watched their dogs for them (notice, she gives me money even though dh usually does more work - ie picking up poop - than I! ). So ... I think I really want to buy Bill Harris's Holosync program, which is $159 plus shipping. My $150 will almost cover it all, and it will cost less than $20 from our checking account. I want to do it, but then with money tight right now, I feel like I should put that $150 in the bank to help pad our account a bit. (It's not too tight we can't keep up our standard of living, so to speak, but I am having to get creative with savings accounts to pay off our credit card [we don't carry a balance even if it's tight to pay off each month].) And, it's not that we don't treat ourselves often enough. Dh makes good money and we live nicely, but this last month I think we lived a little "too" nicely! So ... should I use the money the way it was intended (as a treat for me) or put it in the savings as a pad for now, and treat myself a different month? Hmm ...

#72 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
YES, YES, YES!!! Do THIS!

I promise it'll work.

I did it myself and my house sold before it was officially listed. The couple that ended up buying it drove by as the R.E. agent was getting in her car to leave. No kidding. She hadn't even had the sign up and they were the first and ONLY people to look.

Dh's sold 2 weeks later. (This was a month before we were married and we both wanted them sold close together.)

It totally works.

Now, I was told to bury him at the back of the house and head down.

I never really questioned why. I just did it.

I buried mine upside down in the front yard. It works either way!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
My personal choices are either Streetcorner Symphony by Rob Thomas or Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (?). I both and they both get me moving!
Going for the obvious here- the Beatles always give me a boost. So does Bob Marley.
#73 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
WHY WOULD ANYONE HAVE STARTED THE NEW THREAD YET, MISSY? IT'S STILL FEBRUARY! Sigh. Ok, I am releasing my annoyance that Annikate is a BRAT and beat me to the new thread by CHEATING.

*deep breath in.... and out*

Off to read the FOUR pages from today!
Yea, I was wondering how you'd take this whole starting a new thread before it was even a new month stuff!

Hey, Annikate, you should rename this one "February 28 - LoA Manifesting Mamas - One Day Only Thread!"

#74 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepia View Post
Devon I'm sorry you didn't get to start the March thread--maybe next week can be yours? I definitely like the weekly thread idea.
Oh how cute are you? I posted my first reply as soon as I read the first post... I'm glad Melanie pointed out the date discrepancy LOL...

Now that we have weekly threads I am sure I will get to do one eventually :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Devon, I just checked out your webpage and you live in the same town as my buddy I mentioned before I'm looking at that yoga thing and day dreaming. I wouldn't be interested in doing it now (espcially since my 4 year old still nurses to sleep with me) but it does look very uplifting. That will be in the back of my head as a "someday"
I love multi-quoting other threads!!! SQUEEE! Where in NJ are you? I live in Howell. What friend are you talking about? I tried to find your post but it's somewhere in the Feb pile LOL
#75 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
So, a curious what-would-you-do, though I think I know what I'm going to do. Ok, money is kind of tight right now but I also have $150 sitting in my sock drawer burning a hole, so to speak, that my mom has given me the last couple times we have watched their dogs for them (notice, she gives me money even though dh usually does more work - ie picking up poop - than I! ). So ... I think I really want to buy Bill Harris's Holosync program, which is $159 plus shipping. My $150 will almost cover it all, and it will cost less than $20 from our checking account. I want to do it, but then with money tight right now, I feel like I should put that $150 in the bank to help pad our account a bit. (It's not too tight we can't keep up our standard of living, so to speak, but I am having to get creative with savings accounts to pay off our credit card [we don't carry a balance even if it's tight to pay off each month].) And, it's not that we don't treat ourselves often enough. Dh makes good money and we live nicely, but this last month I think we lived a little "too" nicely! So ... should I use the money the way it was intended (as a treat for me) or put it in the savings as a pad for now, and treat myself a different month? Hmm ...
Treat yourself! Did you get the free one? I got it in the mail yesterday but have yet to open it.
#76 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:15 PM

Okay, I clearly missed something (SEE?!)...

Who did we bury upside down in the back yard?? :
#77 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Okay everyone,

PLEASE SEE POST #1 and THREAD TITLE

and then I will come back to tell some stories from today.
#78 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Okay everyone,

I got nothing to tell. I took a 4 hour nap after getting up at 5 am : and then when I got up dh was home and I got my : in.

Ok I did read a little and did some reiki on myself, but that is all.
#79 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Do you all remember my friend who's going through cancer treatments for the second time? He's the one I'm going to send The Secret dvd to. (Am waiting for his addy - he's at some special cancer place in TX).

Well, he emailed another friend today and told him the story of what happened to him the first day he walked into the place in TX for treatments. It goes like this:

He walked in, took a seat in the waiting room and there was only one other person there waiting. It was an older woman who seemed very nervous and kind of fidgety. (Behavior you'd kind of expect right?)

Well, after a few minutes the woman asked Jason if she could talk w/him for a while. He said sure, what's on your mind?

The woman began by telling him that she was waiting for her daughter who was there for treatments and that she lived several hours away and so didn't usually go with her there.

Anyway, she sort of gave Jason a disclaimer like "please don't think I'm a total nut job but . . . " and proceeded to tell Jason that she woke up that morning and *heard* a very strong and very clear message to go find someone and tell them that there is hope and that everything will work out just fine, and that things will be perfect.

The lady said that after several minutes of sitting in the quiet waiting room w/Jason she just *knew* that he was the one she was supposed to deliver the message to.

I'm sure he went in there w/high spirits right after that!
#80 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

I got nothing to tell. I took a 4 hour nap after getting up at 5 am : and then when I got up dh was home and I got my : in.

Ok I did read a little and did some reiki on myself, but that is all.
You are the makeababy master!
#81 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Okay everyone,

LOVE it!!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#82 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Do you all remember my friend who's going through cancer treatments for the second time? He's the one I'm going to send The Secret dvd to. (Am waiting for his addy - he's at some special cancer place in TX).

Well, he emailed another friend today and told him the story of what happened to him the first day he walked into the place in TX for treatments. It goes like this:

He walked in, took a seat in the waiting room and there was only one other person there waiting. It was an older woman who seemed very nervous and kind of fidgety. (Behavior you'd kind of expect right?)

Well, after a few minutes the woman asked Jason if she could talk w/him for a while. He said sure, what's on your mind?

The woman began by telling him that she was waiting for her daughter who was there for treatments and that she lived several hours away and so didn't usually go with her there.

Anyway, she sort of gave Jason a disclaimer like "please don't think I'm a total nut job but . . . " and proceeded to tell Jason that she woke up that morning and *heard* a very strong and very clear message to go find someone and tell them that there is hope and that everything will work out just fine, and that things will be perfect.

The lady said that after several minutes of sitting in the quiet waiting room w/Jason she just *knew* that he was the one she was supposed to deliver the message to.

I'm sure he went in there w/high spirits right after that!
HAHAHA, I hate to laugh, but "please don't think I'm a total nutjob, but..."

Oh dear lord, can I relate to that lady!!!!!!!

What an awesome thing she did. It's really hard!
#83 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
You are the makeababy master!
Oh I feel a need for a DDDDC coming on!

#84 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter

The last several months AF has been kicking my butt by making me lose my buzz really badly.

Last month I said that this month I was manifesting NO pms and AF arrived today unannounced and guess what? No pms, no bi**chy-ness, no impatience, and no loss of my buzz!
#85 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Okay, I clearly missed something (SEE?!)...

Who did we bury upside down in the back yard?? :
St. Joseph.

#86 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
HAHAHA, I hate to laugh, but "please don't think I'm a total nutjob, but..."

Oh dear lord, can I relate to that lady!!!!!!!

What an awesome thing she did. It's really hard!
I totally thought of you when dh told me tonight!
#87 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Okay everyone,

ok, I thought I was going crazy, I thought "How can there be a new thread that is 15 minutes old but has 5 pages!!" : Then I realized it was the same thread, renamed....
#88 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post
ok, I thought I was going crazy, I thought "How can there be a new thread that is 15 minutes old but has 5 pages!!" : Then I realized it was the same thread, renamed....

I'll try to find another way to mess you all up tomorrow.
#89 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Treat yourself! Did you get the free one? I got it in the mail yesterday but have yet to open it.
I got the free one jus the other day and really like it. I listened last night (I even love listening to Bill Harris's pitch and explanation for the first part) and then again this morning while nursing ds#3 (my mom had my other two). Today when he stopped talking and just the rain/bells were playing with the Holosync underneath, I think I finally had a moment of meditation (meaning, there was this moment when all else in my brain turned off - I am horrible at trying to quiet my mind ... it never seems to quiet - and it was a wonderful and strange feeling! I actually made myself talk to myself to make sure I could still do it! ). So, that is why I want to get the program. And yes, I think I will treat myself.

#90 of 620 Old 02-28-2007, 09:35 PM

I can't keep up with y'all but I am here!:

afro.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page