Devon's Almost March LoA Manifesting Masters Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Signs

Oooh, this is a topic I have been meaning to raise here but never have the time to catch up AND post

I have long believed in signs, but am now questioning them. If we are creating/manifesting what happens in our life - from magazine articles to phone calls to jobs - then these things are not signs saying 'yes, you are headed in the right direction", they are just reflections of where our minds are. I LOVED signs. They reassured me.

Examples: Last Spring when we were ttc, I *knew* I woulg get preg b/c the name we wanted for a girl was Aurora, and that month a magazine I subscribed to had an article, the title of which was spread over two pages: Aurora, NY. Then, driving to my accupuncture appt. I happened to look at the registration renewal date on the license plate in front of me (totally random, never noticed it before) and it was March 7 (my birthday ). And I thought, hmm, why did the universe want me to see that? Then I got to the office and picked up a New Yorker mag - they come out weekly, so each issue has the date of that week; March 7! So then I really start trying to figure out what could be happening on my birthday, and I count 9 mos ahead, and it was right around March 7. And, yes, we got preg.

But the past 6 mos have been the darkest of my life. I was thinking a lot about suicide. And there was stuff about suicide everywhere - literally, I went on amazon to read up on a health book I d heard of, and on the list of "other books bought by people who bought this book" was one about how to help children deal when a parent suicides! Hello! There was a PBS special on suicide, an NPR story, and so on. The PBS special was about families recovering, so I started thinking, the universe is warning me what damage will come if I do something.

So Im confused. Isnt what we see as a sign just something we created? Dh says, the signs are still confirmation that you are on the right path. But we get signs of bad stuff too, if that's what we are manifesting, but I dont believe the universe is saying, ....

ok, wait, so is it that the universe is showing us what oath we're on, and if we're getting signs pointing toward the thing we want then we know that we are successfully allowing, and to keep up that, and if we get signs of bad stuff we know that we are successfully NOT allowing :

Meanwhile, we srated talking about adoption a few months ago (but I have been wavering/waiting b/c of my health), and the name I like for a girl is Zora. We were at a bookstore awhile ago and I looked up Zora in the "name meaning" book - it said "Zora/Aurora - Dawn" Dh looked at me and said what I thought, if/when we go ahead with adopting, it will be the dawn of a new day [the darkness will be over].

Have I made any sense - Ive just really : myself

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#122 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Oh and long what email??? annoying email? Don't make me come over there....

Maybe I should charge like a dollar for every negative thing you say LMAO!!! How is that for incentive eh?
: Ahem... a long, clever, thought-provoking email that will really allow her to flex her life-coaching muscles! I am one awesome life-coachee!! :

And ITA about the Mom thing... mine was really skeptical at first but is becoming a manifesting MASTER!!!

(oh and just fyi re: the original text of the first post... I being called a mama so I don't mind you using it at all!)
#123 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Last month I said that this month I was manifesting NO pms and AF arrived today unannounced and guess what? No pms, no bi**chy-ness, no impatience, and no loss of my buzz!
Woohoo! : I think I remember you saying that!

--

This quote was in the 31 day plan from the Hicks, of which I'm just reading the quotes It changed my perspective in a huge way so I thought I'd post it...

Quote:
Sometimes people will use visualization to try to fix something that is broken.
And we want you to use Virtual Reality for one reason only - to make the vibration that you choose dominant. ...

But the trouble is when you decide that you’re going to deactivate a thought, you don’t deactivate it, you activate it. When you say “I’m not going to think about that”, you’re thinking about that which you’re not going to think about. Even when you say “I don’t want to be sick, I’m going to think about wellness”, when you approach the subject of your physical body when your dominant thought about it has been sickness, even though you try to do a Virtual Reality about wellness, you usually activate the thought of illness because that’s the dominant thought relative to the subject. You see how it works?

So there’s a temptation when you apply these processes to say “Oh Abraham is giving me a process where I can fix this thing that’s broken” and all it does is activate the thing that’s broken. So, without meaning to, you just practice making the dominant thought that isn’t serving you remain dominant.

This process of Virtual Reality will change that for you if you will understand this one very important thing. The process of Virtual Reality is where you practice your dominant thought. It’s where you practice the thought that you want to be dominant until it is dominant. Virtual Reality is the place where you practice the thought that you want to be dominant and make it dominant. And the reason that we’re repeating this into the ridiculous is because at first you’re not going to want to do that.

So, Virtual Reality really works best if it is short. Get in, feel good, get out...

There is no right and wrong in that. What you’re reaching for are good-feeling moments...
And what will happen is, as you do this for 30 seconds, you set a tone in your vibration. Does it immediately become your dominant tone or your dominant vibration? No. But it begins to dilute what is. So then you do it again and you do it again [etc], and you don’t do it because there’s something broken that you want to fix because if you do it because there’s something brokent hat you want to fix, you just practice the one that’s already dominant. This is only to feel good, only to feel good. And with a few weeks of dabbling at this, you will readjust what is dominant within your vibration.
#124 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:08 AM

Hi all I'm taking a break from studying. You know, for that really cool homeopathy school opportunity I manifested

So yesterday was a great day. Dh was off work, so we all ran a bunch of errands together. One of the things we did was buy a printer I can use for school. We worked together and manifested a $49 laser printer. I was so excited about that. It was interesting, too, because I just know I was supposed to talk to the secretary in the computer place. She was so down it was palpable. She apologized over and over and over for not getting everything perfectly right. I told her some stories of my own bad days and she felt lots better. She thanked me profusely when I left. I was really happy to be able to help her day go better.

Then when we got home, I realized she forgot to give me any cords for the printer. So I have no power cord and no cord to connect to my computer. I will have trouble figuring out how to get it soon because they are way on the NE side and I am on the SE side. It's about 30 minutes away with moderate traffic. And there is no time I can fit it in until probably next week Monday or Tuesday. I guess I just have to assume that the Universe is once again conspiring in my favor, I just don't see it right now and feel : about it, but I know that's really silly. there's got to be a reason, right? Dh thinks I need to learn patience or something.

We also dropped books off at the library while we were out and as soon as we got home we got a call saying a cd was missing. We were very careful to check that everything was there, so I don't know what happened. Also, we tried to buy a lotto ticket and the two places we tried didn't sell them! (We never play, so didn't know that not all gas stations have it)

Overall it was a great day. At night we had a neighborhood watch meeting which I couldn't go to, but dh did and said it went really well, except that one of our neighbors is apparently a scary guy.

But I ended up feeling so down about the negative. I tried not to. The kids were great while we were out and had a really nice day. Then today was just awful. I didn't get dressed until 3pm because I was so depressed. Then I started studying and felt a bit better. <sigh> I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. I see people say not to just stick a happy face on emotions, but can't figure out how to make that work. One minute I'm overflowing with joy and hope and the next I've bottomed out and can only think of Marissa.

OK, blah blah blah. I am going to stop now. It's March very soon and I am manifesting a fantastic month.
#125 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
saskiasmom... Thanks so much for the feedback on holosync! I'm really looking forward to my sample CD. So do you have the whole deal? What's the difference (or the additional benefit) to the full program vs. the sample? Assuming its all just a tool to get you in the zone...
I have the first set (called awakening, or something...) It has four or more tracks that are supposed to get your brain in different wavelengths (so one does alpha, one theta, one goes form beta to delta ... if these words mean nothing to you I can explain ). Each has different sounds, I use the beta to delta one primarily, and it is rain with tibetan bells. I also use the theta one sometimes and it is a stream and flute. There are 7 levels to the whole Holosync program, but Im not interested in the program, I just wanted some cd's that effectively got me to the place I want to go, and these do, so Im good, yo. I listened to samples of a lot of cd's and liked this the best, and Dh got it for me for xmas - *love*

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Thanks so much for this! I have been doing yoga for over a year and every time I try to meditate I just get discouraged because I end up lost in stupid thoughts. What you just wrote is an extension of what one of my teachers just said to me this weekend, and it really reinforces it for me.
I also have a new understanding of Yoga! Ive always done it for a "workout", or a complement to working out, but now I GET IT! Yoga IS meditation. I dont get so zoned out when I do yoga, but the focus on your body, and getting centered ... its very spiritual. Im surpised I missed that all this time (too mush emphasis on the outer shell and not on my self? Hmm)

mom to  dd1 (11) hearts.gif,  ds (9)bikenew.gif,  dd2 (6) dust.gif  , Daisy (4) dog2.gif
#126 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 AM

saskiasmom (do you mind sharing your first name? I just feel so much Friendlier when I can think of y'all as YOU and not as your user name, you know?) - what a thought provoking post! I have been thinking along the same lines.... I have always believe that we had a path laid out for us in advance, and "signs" were cairns along the way telling up which way to go. Since discovering LoA, I feel like the future is an empty space, just waiting for me to fill it up!

It's disconcerting, to say the least.

But I think you're right... I think what happens is, our HEARTS (or Inner Self, or whatever you want to call it) know when something is right, and it attracts the good signs to us (like your Aurora/Zora signs). When something is wrong (like your thoughts of suicide), your heart shows you that it's wrong and wants to keep you safe.

I like the idea that our Consciousness is not the only thing manifesting for us.
#127 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:20 AM

Oh, Jen! I am glad you are feeling positive about the month ahead! And listen to your dh-- I'm sure there's a lesson in the printer thing too!

Do you have Ask and It Is Given? A lot of the exercises are great for raising your vibe (or filling your gas tank, so to speak) when you're feeling low.
#128 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
But I ended up feeling so down about the negative. I tried not to. The kids were great while we were out and had a really nice day. Then today was just awful. I didn't get dressed until 3pm because I was so depressed. Then I started studying and felt a bit better. <sigh> I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. I see people say not to just stick a happy face on emotions, but can't figure out how to make that work. One minute I'm overflowing with joy and hope and the next I've bottomed out and can only think of Marissa.
I think thats very normal!! What I have been through does not compare, but I have days where all I see is dark and despair (yesterday), and I just cant get to any vibration, and cant imagine being able to really feeeeel better, and not just fake feeling better because feeling bad feels so bad. Gratitude lists are hollow - I recite all Im grateful for and behind those thoughts is "whatever". And then today was GREAT. Dh says that my bad days are spreading out, and I think he's right. Plus, I think it takes time to put such a huge loss in perspective - you are building your beautiful life without Marissa each day, and the more of your beautiful ife you build, the more the loss will fit in, rather than taking up most of the space. I dont mean that she'll be diminished!! Just that the loss will be balanced by so many good things you have coming your way. So each good day is one more to balance out the pain, and then the pain wont be so accute and unbearable .. although ther ewill likely always be days (just not so often)

#129 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:29 AM

Hi everyone! I'm so excited and greatfull for this new thread. I started my gratitude journal tonight, and we bought out lotto ticket last night! I just wanted to stop in and say hi after I just read all the posts from today. You guys were so busy!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#130 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:34 AM

Quote:
I like the idea that our Consciousness is not the only thing manifesting for us.
Well, with meditating I have had the sense that the universe is watching out for me - not that it can do anything without my effort, but that if Im working on something, it will help me ... just like Ask says So I do think it offers signs to say Im doing a good job with my oart of the deal I have usually looked at signs as verification that what Im doing is "right", that Im on the right path, not so much to put me on a path.

Oh, and my name is Jessica, but my friends call me Jess

Can you tell that Dh is not at work tonight

#131 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:35 AM

Oy. It's just taken me 16 minutes to skim 7 pages and multi-quote them! You guys are out of control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
oooh, I wanted to tell you all that I just bought the domain name for the educational fund! There's nothing up there yet, but the URL will be www.bamboovillage.org. Look at me with the dot org!!!

I'm over the moon. I can't believe I'm doing this! I can't believe WE ALL are doing these things!!! GO US! (and thanks Amris, for the kick in the pants yesterday!)
Oh, that's wonderful!! How inspiring! Yeah, GO YOU and GO US!!! IT's really beautiful what human beings can do for each other when they put their minds to it (no pun intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas_mom View Post
Has anybody read "The Science of Getting Rich" by Wallace Wattles? It is one of the original works that all the teachers of the Secret use. As a matter of fact, it talks about the "unwaivering faith" that Lisa Nichols keeps talking about and keeps resonating in my head. Its a free download at www.thescienceofgettingrich.com I reallllllly like this read.
Thank you so much - I was looking for this!

Quote:
The gratitude has been such a breakthrough for me, I just cannot stress enough gratitude, but I know I am preaching to the choir :
As I said a few hundred pages ago (but I want to remind myself) - I originally thought gratitude was some kind of homework that you had to do before LoA - but then I realized that gratitude IS the LoA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
I was afraid this would be a few more pages by the time I got back to the computer this morning!

Welcome to those joining us!

So, does anyone here use the Holosync program? I think last month's thread was where I got the original link. I have been listening to the sample I got and really like it. I think I might purchase it for dh and I to both listen to ...
I have the demo - ds and I have been using it. I actually think it's really good, and I'm plannig on gtting it with all that money I'm attracting!
I think it's rather sneaky (though clever) to put the sales pitch over the meditation stuff - they're planting the idea in your subconscious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
THANK YOU!! That's what I was looking for when I searched for blogspot. I guess they changed the name.

Quote:
From their User Agreement:

This is kind of sneaky wording. I put in bold the important part. They hold all rights. Which means that if you wanted to do something w/your content later, you couldn't.

#6 is sneaky. Of course you retain authorship and copyrights - you created the work. This is misleading.

Now, if you are interested in putting content out there and you don't care about using it later on down the road for something else, then this could be a good deal.

I wonder what types of stuff they use and how much they generally pay?

I've had experience w/things similar to this and for the amount of work you put in, the payoff is usually not that great. Don't want to sound like a downer here, and this could be very different, but if I were to offer you advice, I'd say don't give your rights away exclusively - ever.

But that's just how I feel about. JMO yk?
Thank you so much - I was in a rush but I figured there was a catch and I certainly don't want to lose control of anything! I think I'm jsut going to go with blogger for now.

Quote:
Do you all remember my friend who's going through cancer treatments for the second time? He's the one I'm going to send The Secret dvd to. (Am waiting for his addy - he's at some special cancer place in TX).

Well, he emailed another friend today and told him the story of what happened to him the first day he walked into the place in TX for treatments. It goes like this:

He walked in, took a seat in the waiting room and there was only one other person there waiting. It was an older woman who seemed very nervous and kind of fidgety. (Behavior you'd kind of expect right?)

Well, after a few minutes the woman asked Jason if she could talk w/him for a while. He said sure, what's on your mind?

The woman began by telling him that she was waiting for her daughter who was there for treatments and that she lived several hours away and so didn't usually go with her there.

Anyway, she sort of gave Jason a disclaimer like "please don't think I'm a total nut job but . . . " and proceeded to tell Jason that she woke up that morning and *heard* a very strong and very clear message to go find someone and tell them that there is hope and that everything will work out just fine, and that things will be perfect.

The lady said that after several minutes of sitting in the quiet waiting room w/Jason she just *knew* that he was the one she was supposed to deliver the message to.

I'm sure he went in there w/high spirits right after that!
Wow. That gave me chills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Where did everyone go? I've refreshed like 5 times in the last couple minutes and there are NO new posts???!!! HELLLLLLOOOOOO out there!!!
Bwa ha ha! Yeah, it's hard to believe when that happens, isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom View Post
Holosync

ok, I have stuff to say I have it. I have been meditating since Novmber, but a lot for about 6 wks. I started meditating for health reasons (lots of research showing healing benefits of meditation). I am not someone who is *into* meditation. My stepmom has meditated regularly my whole life, and I never once went with her Triathlons, yes, sitting there trying not to think - ummm. It was hard for me to get into it, and holosync definitely helped. The first two weeks using it I had very interesting experiences - I actually had the sense, for the first time, that I am energy, and the universe is energy, benevolent energy, and I could plug into it when meditating. I felt like I understood what people experienced or meant when they talk about God. It was pretty deep.

This was before finding LoA. So when I started learning about LoA, well, it was ... deep I am reading Ask and...Given right now and the way they describe meditation is very mch what I experienced. I think it takes time/commitment/discipline to get to the mental place of connecting with flow - I meditate 2x/day for at least 20 min per (again, my disciplne comes from trying to heal my body). I hate the sales pitch of Holosync, I hate all the crap they send, I dont like Bill Harris (it bothers me that he sends so much mail - I always think about how many friggin trees that guy is mowing down to ... but I digress). In Ask, they say that meditation is a good method for raising your vibration from any level, and I have definitely come to crave it. Its like mini vacation.

I have done a lot of reading on meditation in the last few months, and my understanding of it is not that you are turning off your brain. Mine is flowing with thoughts all the time. It is a practice, a training of the moind to become more focused and calm (I focus on my belly rising and falling with my breath). I frequently have to return to my belly because my mind has gone somewhere else, but I have gotten much better at it, and this tranfers into my life, so that I am aware of how my bodymind is responding and I think about my belly and get centered. I have been doing it twice a day for 6 wks and have just gotten to the point where I have good sesions almost every time (where I feel connected to source/flow, I sense myself as energy and my body feels like a numb/tingling shell for my self....) but I still have times where my mind chatters away and I never really get to that numb/tingly place, but then I htink, 'its practice'.

If you have more questions, hit me

HTH
I agree, and Bill HArris annoys mer too! For those who are thinking of buying, if you hesitate for a week or two they throw in some extra stuff!

What meditation does is put your brain into an alpha state (brain waves of 8-12 [I think] cycles per second), as opposed to the beta that we normally have (12-28 cycles per second). that's calming, and also more associated with intuition. It also lowers your heart rate and blood pressure. I'v been reading a lot about this stuff lately - "Symphony in the Brain" is an interesting read fro those who want to know more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post
Maybe I should charge like a dollar for every negative thing you say LMAO!!! How is that for incentive eh?
Maybe we should ALL do that to ourselves!!! What a great idea!!

Quote:
Quick funny story about having my name on stuff... first of all, check this out (third one down... yep, that's me!).

I read a "teaching tip" somewhere that said using the kids' names in made up stories, math problems, etc, is a great way to get them engaged. I was like, "Ok, sure, I guess that'd be fun for them but whatever, no big deal". My old principal used to give out these school-wide word problems for the kids to practice with, and one week she used my name "Ms. C____ had 4 butterflies. Then she caught 3 more." Well I was just TICKLED! Told everyone, showed it everyone, etc etc. So I learned that it really DOES make it more fun! Then of course, I started doing it for the kids and they loved it.

Maybe it's because my name is so uncommon, I don't see it that often so I have to create my own opportunities to see it in print? Hmmmm...
Oh, that works for us! Ds can do any math problem if I reword it so that it invlolves him and cookies. "Ben has 1037 chocolate chip cookies, which is 513 more than Mom - how many does mom have?...." No problem, as long as he gets the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskiasmom View Post
Signs
Just wanted to give you a :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
This quote was in the 31 day plan from the Hicks, of which I'm just reading the quotes It changed my perspective in a huge way so I thought I'd post it...
thank you for that; I need to remember it, especially when I deal with ds. I'm planning to be a better Mom than I was today, let's leave it at that.

Quote:
Hi all But I ended up feeling so down about the negative. I tried not to. The kids were great while we were out and had a really nice day. Then today was just awful. I didn't get dressed until 3pm because I was so depressed. Then I started studying and felt a bit better. <sigh> I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. I see people say not to just stick a happy face on emotions, but can't figure out how to make that work. One minute I'm overflowing with joy and hope and the next I've bottomed out and can only think of Marissa.

OK, blah blah blah. I am going to stop now. It's March very soon and I am manifesting a fantastic month.
: Honey, be gentle with yourself. You are dealing with something huge and I'm full of admiration at your courage - it's inspiring to the rest of us. It's no surprise it's a rollercoaster for you sometimes. Feel proud of yourself!

OK, I've totally used up my internet time for tonight, just on one read-and-reply! I had a weird dream this morning that I was going to share, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow.
#132 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 AM

Wooo-hoooo!

Hello Everyone! I am absolutely thrilled and thankful to be here with you all. Is this not amazing!

Dh and I read Excuse, Me....Jan.2007 (wow seems like forever ago!) and are now working on Ask... the Abraham book. We just saw the Secret this week and I have seen the Oprah secret shows.

Can you say...we are closing on our dream house March 23 and finding it was easy and miraculous and getting the financing was easy and stress free!

I have had the dream of being a doula FOREVER and my fears always held me back. Do you know a homebirth mw CALLED ME to invite me on her birth team while I get started. (doulas usually don't get to do homebirths...this is an honor!)

and I can't even begin to tell you the millions of small things that have happened.

Let's just say I am psyched for March! I am psyched for the rest of my life!

Life is GOOD!
#133 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 AM

Holy #$%#$ is right!

Um . . . . what to say in the 5 minutes I have left . . .

Barefoot mama, I agree, take it easy on yourself. Losing a child is certainly huge. I can't think of anything bigger than that. The class you are taking - whoo hoo! Good going

Devon - the friend lives in Howell She's the one I had the artsy mom's night out with but can't pin her down to doing it again. She's totally awesome but has twice as many kids as I do and we're an hour apart and excuse, excuse, excuse But I'm going to see her friday and our kids will run around and play while we chat But yeah, I know how to get to Howell, I'm up north of you in Union county.

I listened to the first download of the Masters of the Secret tonight. I liked it a lot! But I'm also turned off by marketing stuff. Even that segment of Joe Vitale saying why marketing is good I sort of lost interest in, I am NOT into hard sell, it tends to make me not want to buy the item anymore (even if it's something I actually wanted). Now that I hear that holosync has a sales pitch over the meditation on the sample, I'm thinking I probably won't like it. Oh well, it's free, right? (the sample I mean - the whole program is not )

I'm googling and looking for more meditation CDs and found this http://www.synchronicity.org/shopcon...type=CDSamples I don't know anything about the guy but click on the sample of OM The Reverberation of Source. It, um, affected me. I'm going to get it.

I wrote a list of things for me to do and things for the universe to do. Why is this so hard? I couldn't think of much. Weird. Maybe tomorrow.

Good night! I'm off to manifest wonderful dreams and a good night's sleep
#134 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 01:08 AM

So, since I'm impulsive and like what I read here (I have a meditation block ... up until now), that I'm trwating myself to the holosync program.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#135 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Barefoot Mama - I, too, think that this is totally normal. I posted last month (?) asking if anyone else felt manic. Seriously, one moment up, one moment down.

I remember someone posting back saying that now that we're so *aware*, the contrast seems HUGE.

I never got to say :congratulations on your school!

#136 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 01:25 AM

Barefoot mama, have you considered a professional consultation with a classical homeopath? Seriously. We see a homeopath who practices constitutional homeopathy and it is a stabilizing force in my life. Your significant life stressors totally affect your immune system, your endocrine system, your chemical and nutritive balance, etc. Classical Homeopathy is a foundational support toward feeling your best self. I know that you are studying homeopathy, but sometimes the teacher needs support too.

Pat

I have a blog.
#137 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 01:45 AM

First, thank you all once again for your support. I feel like I monopolize it sometimes! I really truly do feel uplifted when I read responses from all of you.

Saskaismom
I forgot to quote you! But I LOVE what you said. The idea of loss fitting into my life rather than taking up space. Wonderful. Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Barefoot mama, have you considered a professional consultation with a classical homeopath? Seriously. We see a homeopath who practices constitutional homeopathy and it is a stabilizing force in my life. Your significant life stressors totally affect your immune system, your endocrine system, your chemical and nutritive balance, etc. Classical Homeopathy is a foundational support toward feeling your best self. I know that you are studying homeopathy, but sometimes the teacher needs support too.

Pat
I do need to see a homeopath. You are right about that. I want to go to someone new, though, because I'm not crazy about the way the guy I have seen practices. Part of this is my own problem because I know too much about homeopathy and unconsciously lead the case. There is someone on the other side of the state I would like to go to. But then I went and spent all the tax return money on school. I need to manifest myself a wonderful homeopath (classical, of course!) who is within my financial reach. No, scratch that, I need to manifest a wonderful homeopath AND a way to pay for him/her.

I hear what you're saying, too. My body's a real mess right now.
#138 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:

I hear what you're saying, too. My body's a real mess right now.
I am a believer in The Miracle of Magnesium also. : Natural Calm has helped my sleep, my mood balance, and my energy (when I remember to take it anyway, lol).

Pat

I have a blog.
#139 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 01:54 AM

Thanks for posting the holosync reviews/opinions. I had gone to the site a few weeks ago ( or whenever is was posted on one of the threads, can't remember) and wasn't that clear on exactly what it did. So thanks for that.

So it's basically a mind clearer to help get into a meditative state?

Who else here does reiki? Because I find that my mind goes very meditative and I don't have wandering thoughts anytime I'm doing self healing.

Who else hear is Highly Sensitive? Anyone have any suggestions for shielding? Dh and I went out to dinner tonight and the restaurant was so crowded. After sitting under a very annoying air vent in the lobby which was irritating me I walked into the dining room and just was bombarded with smells, sounds and just too much energy vibes. I started to feel stoned or something. I really wanted to leave but we had waited 45 minutes and dh really wanted to eat there so I tried to adjust and deal. I managed to be ok after a bit, although I shed some tears over the intensity but I really need to develop some sort of shielding for this problem.

I generally avoid the problem by eating at off hours but that isn't always possible.
#140 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
Thanks for posting the holosync reviews/opinions. I had gone to the site a few weeks ago ( or whenever is was posted on one of the threads, can't remember) and wasn't that clear on exactly what it did. So thanks for that.

So it's basically a mind clearer to help get into a meditative state?

Who else here does reiki? Because I find that my mind goes very meditative and I don't have wandering thoughts anytime I'm doing self healing.

Who else hear is Highly Sensitive? Anyone have any suggestions for shielding? Dh and I went out to dinner tonight and the restaurant was so crowded. After sitting under a very annoying air vent in the lobby which was irritating me I walked into the dining room and just was bombarded with smells, sounds and just too much energy vibes. I started to feel stoned or something. I really wanted to leave but we had waited 45 minutes and dh really wanted to eat there so I tried to adjust and deal. I managed to be ok after a bit, although I shed some tears over the intensity but I really need to develop some sort of shielding for this problem.

I generally avoid the problem by eating at off hours but that isn't always possible.
I would love to find someone that does reiki. I would love to learn eventually, but I'm not sure when that is going to happen any time soon.

I am also an extremely sensitive person, as are all three of my boys. Noise, crowds, lights, touch ... yea, we all have SID issues too. But, I am not very good with shielding unless I'm already in a really good mood/buzz. If I'm the least bit "off", I have a very hard time. At home, I can just go into a dark/quiet room. But if we are out and about, sometimes I just go to the restroom to chill for a few (and pray that it doesn't have obnoxious sound/music in there ... like I love that The Macaroni Grill gives Italian lessons in their bathrooms, but if I'm on overload, it puts me over the edge - not that we eat out often, nor that I'm in TMG very often, but you get the picture!).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#141 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 05:25 AM

Nothing much to post yet, but I just read all 7 pages here so I had to say something!

I am also highly sensitive so I'm interested in reading how others respond to the sensory overload.

I am just getting started with LoA (kind of still flirting with it actually). I saw part of the DVD but I think I may prefer the book. I seem to remember things better when I see them written down.

Also, I'm having some "that's so weird - are you crazy" kind of fears going on. I used to do a lot of New Age stuff and also used to practice Wicca. Not sure where the fears are coming from exactly.

Has anyone else here dealt much with OCD? I am doing really well right now, but I used to get bogged down in my rituals in Wicca because of the OCD. I think I'm afraid of worrying about doing the wrong thing with LoA or getting a negative thought pattern stuck in my head.

OK. I guess I did have some stuff to say. Whew!

I'll check in with you all later on.

Blessings!

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#142 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 05:58 AM

I'm : about the fact that we're 8 pages in and it's just barely finally March (1 am here)!

*shakes head*
We talk a lot.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#143 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 08:50 AM

That's all good though! The more talk in good vibe threads, the more it raises your own vibes, the happier the air around you becomes.....<roughly speaking>

Today, don't know what I'm manifesting... However, I'm thinking positive thoughts!
#144 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 09:14 AM

It is March first, 7:13 Eastern US time and mine is the 144th post. Love it!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#145 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower View Post
I think I'm afraid of worrying about doing the wrong thing with LoA or getting a negative thought pattern stuck in my head.
This seems to be a common concern for a lot of people (myself included). In the beginning, we do seem to become hyper-aware of our thoughts. It's important to remember that a positive thought is way more powerful than a negative one. It is also good to remember there is value in negative things too.

For me it's important to remember that when we have something we don't like....that is how we know what we do like. It is an important part of the process...so allow it to flow. As you become more comfortable with manifesting....it is possible to just have 'sort-of-bad-things' to get the contrast to know what you want instead of 'really-bad-things'.

Manifesting is the fun part, the creative part and it is never-ending. So, there is no right or wrong, there is no good or bad, there are just different things you choose to experience. And while you experience things, you then get new ideas about things you want. Relax and allow your manifesting to guide you where you want to be and if you get off-course, then you'll have an even stronger desire to get back on.
#146 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Devon - the friend lives in Howell She's the one I had the artsy mom's night out with but can't pin her down to doing it again. She's totally awesome but has twice as many kids as I do and we're an hour apart and excuse, excuse, excuse But I'm going to see her friday and our kids will run around and play while we chat But yeah, I know how to get to Howell, I'm up north of you in Union county.

I'm googling and looking for more meditation CDs and found this http://www.synchronicity.org/shopcon...type=CDSamples I don't know anything about the guy but click on the sample of OM The Reverberation of Source. It, um, affected me. I'm going to get it.
Ah, Union... I am quite familiar with your tollbooth! My good friend grew up in Springfield, actually <cue The Simpsons theme song>. We're practically neighbors, what a small world!

Let us know how the meditation CD is... I'd love to get one but would have no idea what to pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I am a believer in The Miracle of Magnesium also. : Natural Calm has helped my sleep, my mood balance, and my energy (when I remember to take it anyway, lol).

Pat
I HAVE to find out more about magnesium. I think it would help everyone in my life.

Quote:

Looking forward to hearing more on this... I am the OPPOSITE of highly sensitive but a lot of my kiddos are (one in particular) and I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to help them.

Starflower - just wanted to say and . The mamas here are wonderful! I think, if anything, using the LOA will HELP you with the OCD thoughts!!

I love the ball bouncing example someone used on another thread - just because you don't know about the Law of Gravity doesn't mean you're not going to get hit on the head! : So use it to your advantage!!

I know you can create some fantastic things in your life.
#147 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Quote:

That is so me. I have always hated crowds and didn't realize until about 10 years ago that it's because of my sensitivity to the energy.

Shield, shield, shield. Before you go out, put a bubble of protective light and energy around you. You can even visualize all that energy bouncing off it and going back into the room.

And if you forget to shield before you go, you can go into the bathroom for a few minutes, shake off everyone's energy, then shield yourself and go back out.
#148 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower View Post
I think I'm afraid of worrying about doing the wrong thing with LoA or getting a negative thought pattern stuck in my head.
In the Secret, Michael Beckwith says this is a common worry, but points out that it is scientifically proven that a positive thought is much more powerful than a negative thought, so "that removes a degree of worry right there" as he puts it.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#149 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Barefoot....

Remember that you are grieving. It is important to grieve. It is important to feel every emotion that you are feeling and it is okay to have days where you are all over the place emotionally.

If you feel you are bottomed out....sit there for a moment, feel it, and if you feel like you can...then reach for just a slightly better emotion. And if you can't, acknowledge that it is okay too. Even slightly better helps raise the overall vibration. That is moving in the right direction.

When my father died, my mom really found the book "The Power of Now" by Eckart Tolle helpful. Instead of thinking about how much she missed what was in the past or grieving for the future that will never be, she really worked at focusing on the moment she was in...and tried to find some pleasant feeling thought there. It still took her a few years before she could really start living again in some sort of life that resembled normalacy. Anything you are doing is okay.....know that and feel that.

Grieving is a process...and yet it looks different to everyone. You are strong to be working on the LoA while you grieve. But know that it does take time to adjust to your new normal.

Always lots of love and support for you here.
#150 of 620 Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM

Arduinna, I'm so glad you asked about shielding and sensitivity! (This was a question I had last night. Love LoA! ) I am definitely sensitive, and really have to get better at shielding. Smells and sounds are huge for me, but I only recently realized the impact of the general energy in a room. We recently gave up our larger playgroups because I just couldn't cope after a short amount of time in a room with a lot of kids running around. (My son struggles with this too.) And I dislike concerts and (often) movie theatres and find myself getting really annoyed by little things like the sound of someone chewing. Oh, but I really love gathering with friends and speaking in front of groups. So the positive energy focused in my direction works for me.

The other area that has become a problem for me is reading other people's negativity. Even mildly offensive exchanges between people really soak into me and can cause negative shifts in my behaviour UNTIL NOW. This has been a problem because I am in a situation currently where I need to do issue resolution on this kind of stuff, and often can't avoid reading negative things entirely. (And I'm not even talking 'bad' stuff... I mean so-and-so saying something that makes so-and-so uncomfortable.)

Ok, so glad this topic is coming up and giving me a chance to change this!!

I intend to discover the perfect shielding technique for me, that works every time, with ease and lightness.
I can easily shield myself from any negative energy around me.
I am able to joyfully connect with others without absorbing their energy into my own field.
My positive energy trumps your negative energy!
I am a positive energy magnet!
I repel negative energy!

Woo hoo! I feel better already!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page