Devon's Almost March LoA Manifesting Masters Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's affirmation time!

I've realized today that I haven't been workung with affirmations as much as I could. I mean, I've been coming up with good ones, and admiring other people's, but I haven't been USING them a lot. I say them once or twice and move on.

So I'm making a promise to myself to fill up my affirmation tank by saying them a LOT, every day. And now I'm going to repost the ones I wrote right back at the beginning when I was so excited about finding these threads. I'm going to print them out too, and read them out loud at least three times a day (as Napoleon Hill says in Think Yourself Rich - a great read, by the way). Here they are:

Quote:
I am so happy and grateful for the new spiritual freedom I am finding in my life, and the way it is positively impacting everyone in our family.

I am so happy and grateful that we are financially free, and have an abundance of money, so that we are able to have all the time we need to be together as a family, to follow our passions as much as we want, to travel wherever and whenever we want, and to spread this joy abundantly to other people in various ways.

I am so happy and grateful that dh’s health is great, that he is at his ideal weight, and that he is sleeping wonderfully every night and waking up refreshed and energized for his whole day.

I am so grateful and happy for my soulmate, dh, for the renewed joy, love and passion in our relationship, and for the great depth of our spiritual sharing, and for the many layers of connection between us that have become exponentially deeper with this newfound law of abundance, and for the things we share and teach each other.

I am so happy and grateful that ds’s body, mind and soul are working together and enabling him to unfold and reach the potential of his wonderful gifts. I am so happy for the joy and inner calm that I see in his face. And as always, I am so happy for the wonderful gift of music that we share.

I am so happy and grateful that my Mom feels empowered and is building a happy, interesting and fulfilling life here with us, and that she is experiencing wonderful health and energy, inspiring learning and growth, joyful and fulfilling friendships, and spiritual centeredness.

I am so happy and grateful that we are living in an ideal house for us, surrounded by natural beauty and next to a pond or lake, full of light and natural light wood and beauty, and beautifully organized in a way that makes our lives flow smoothly.

I am so happy and grateful for my blessed little daughter, who has been welcomed with great joy by everyone in the family, and for the beautiful sibling relationship between her and ds.

I am so happy and grateful that I am able to share these blessings and help others to find their power, and that this beautiful energy also cycles round to us in an ever-increasing spiral of abundance.

I am so grateful and happy that I found these threads on MDC, for the terrific people who are part of them, and for all that we are all learning from them!!!
Here are the ones ds wrote for me!

Quote:
wishes going to Penny

I am so happy and grateful that we have four wishes:

1) We have thirty million dollars

2) My Mom has another egg and has a happy, healthy baby because the universe sends the right soul to our family

3)We have a happy and healthy and better family

4)We live in a beautiful house with a private beach and an indoor/outdoor pool with the air bubble for the winter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2007, 01:53 AM

OK, and now I have some new ones. I need to give you some background, becasue I also need some advice.

I've posted before about how dh wants me to get a lot more students, and did not want me to teach an intensive on LoA. He came up with several objections, including, you never asked me, you're already overloaded and I don't want you to stuff your life with one more thing because we're supposed to be spending more time together, someone might sue you if their life doesn't work out. So as you know I was sad about this but decided to work with him and to affirm that we were working together. It seemed like the best idea at the time.

I started being grateful for the students I have, and having alot of fun with them, and the other day I put up fliers for the adult violin class I planned to teach. I figured, I get more for a class than for private lessons, it's short-term so if I start something else I'm not overscheduled, sometimes the students take private lessons and I like adult students becasue they're very motivated, and so on.

So the other day I got what I thought was one new student, and by the end of the lesson her little sister had decided to sign up too, so I thought, that's great!

Now, I know I could visualize lots of students beating a path to my door. I'd always noticed that when I wanted students (not needed, but wanted) I got loads, and when I had no room to take more the phone would ring off the hook, but that when I secretly didn't want them (like after ds was born), or wanted them only because I was worried about money, I wouldn't have so many - somehow the phone wouldn't ring, and dh would be worried but I would be secretly relieved. Or it would ring, but then things wouldn't work out and the student wouldn't come after all.

But honestly - I'm blocking it on some level. I know I am. And I feel bad about that because I know it's a way I can earn money, and it reassures dh, but honestly, the thought of 25 hours a week, which is what he would like, fills me with horror, which makes him angry. SO I'm not thinking about it. It's hard for me even to write this here, because I fear he would see it as a betrayal. Although he doesn't believe in the LoA, I know I could use it for this if...if.....if I could. I want to do something else, that I can do with joy. I like teaching and I do it well, especially when it's at about 8-10 hours a week, but when it's day after day I find it exhausting and overwhelming. I jsut know I ahve so much to give in other areas.

So I just looked at Tara's new website, and it's so beautiful, and it fills me with longing. Because I KNOW I could do something along those lines, or similar, and I know that she's got it up and running so quickly because she knew she could and it worked. I'm thrilled for you, Tara, I really, really am! When one of us does this, it shines on all of us! I want to be going with the flow like that too.

I know dh is a bit disappointed that I haven't jumped all over his business idea, even though it's a good one, because....becasue I no longer believe things have to be tough, long, difficult etc. However, I love someone who doesn't yet get this stuff.

So here are my affirmations:

I am so happy and grateful that I am completely understood, loved and supported in all my endeavors.
I am so happy and grateful that everything is unfolding just as it should
I am so happy and grateful that I am supported spiritually
I am so happy and grateful tha dh and I are manifesting a wonderful life together!

And also, because this is driving me crazy!
I am so happy and grateful that my gmail account is now unlocked

(I forgot the password, which got it locked for five days!)
Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 AM

Where the heck are you guys?? Just me, hogging the thread for half an hour??? :

I do have one great LoA success to report! You kow I was posting about ds's piano practice, and how I manifested a great practice by letting him run it and feel in control? Well, once he'd got control there was no way he was giving it back , so I just had to go with it. So before this happened he was all worried about this piece he was learning, but that completely went away, and tonight he was playing it in a concert.

When we were practicing today, he said, "I'm so excited about tonight!" That made me feel so womderful!! He had the time of his life at the concert - not only played his piece great, but also jumped in and volunteered his services for two group duets which he hadn't even looked at in three weeks and for which he didn't have the music with him! (I didn't even remember how they went, but he did!) Afterwards he said to me, "Mom, you know what I love about piano? Playing!" And I said, you mean performing, or just playing in general? And he said, "Playing! I just love it!!" Which was how it always was before, and I'm so thrilled he's rediscovered his joy in his gift!

Anyway, just had to share!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:03 AM

OK, I'm going to go brush my teeth and stuff. There's better be some posts from other people by the time I come back or I'm telling the moderators! :
Old 03-02-2007, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
OK, I'm going to go brush my teeth and stuff. There's better be some posts from other people by the time I come back or I'm telling the moderators! :

I am heading to bed. Be open to the unlimited possibilities that the Universe provides with ease. It will unfold, exactly as it is meant to be.

All is well.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 AM

Thank God. I can go to bed now. I thought I'd wandered into an alternate universe where you all existed only in my imagination!

Oh, and thanks for the words of wisdom, btw!
Old 03-02-2007, 02:32 AM

Penny! :

FANTASTIC story about the performance! How great for your son!

Now here's my 0.02 on the other stuff.

How much of an issue is control for you/in your relationship? It sounds to me like you and your husband are doing that control dance, so I'd say you need to look at where that's coming from. If I understand correctly, he has expectations for how much money you need to make, how much time you have to do it, and what format the income needs to come in. Right? Why does the act of 'doing it together' manifest in one person controlling another? What beliefs are you hanging onto here?

If you want to do a workshop, then do a workshop. Honestly, I do not see anything in what you've written that supports the idea that this is a betrayal of your husband or any 'deal' you've made with each other. If his issue is money, then set the money element and meet that requirement. If his issue is time, then set the time element and meet that requirement. If the issue is his involvement, then offer him a task to do and leave it to him to accept or reject that task. But it is not your job to make him ok with how you feel, or to move in line with your beliefs.

I think affirmations are wonderful, but I don't feel they should replace action or will necessarily cause things to happen in and of themselves. Affirmations are about putting you in a more accepting place, or changing your thoughts to ones that suit you better. Do you feel what you need here is to change your views or beliefs around this situation?

Perhaps you can decide what course of action you will take, and then script and visualize a positive discussion with your husband around it?

Hugs... Melanie

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
Old 03-02-2007, 02:32 AM

Ok, it is getting scary. It has been ONE HOUR with no posts except you and me. : I must be asleep at the keyboard and dreaming.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 AM

<sigh> KoalaMama saved the day. Now I can sleep peacefully.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:34 AM

Quote:
<sigh> KoalaMama saved the day. Now I can sleep peacefully.
I love being the super hero!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)

Quote:
But honestly - I'm blocking it on some level. I know I am. And I feel bad about that because I know it's a way I can earn money, and it reassures dh, but honestly, the thought of 25 hours a week, which is what he would like, fills me with horror, which makes him angry. SO I'm not thinking about it. It's hard for me even to write this here, because I fear he would see it as a betrayal. Although he doesn't believe in the LoA, I know I could use it for this if...if.....if I could. I want to do something else, that I can do with joy. I like teaching and I do it well, especially when it's at about 8-10 hours a week, but when it's day after day I find it exhausting and overwhelming. I jsut know I ahve so much to give in other areas.
Maybe try this... What's your desired end result for your schedule? for your finances? for your relationship with DH? For the overall situation/atmosphere? etc

Perhaps if you concentrate on these things individually you won't get bogged down in the "how" and the universe will find a way to make it all work out harmoniously. And in retrospect you'll say "Oh, of course it had to work out that way!"

I would say go ahead and use the loa for what you want, even if your DH isn't on board yet. After all you're already using the loa constantly, even when you don't do it on purpose, right? You will get much better ultimate results if you do it on purpose, manifesting both the good schedule & the good finances.

Quote:
So I just looked at Tara's new website, and it's so beautiful, and it fills me with longing. Because I KNOW I could do something along those lines, or similar, and I know that she's got it up and running so quickly because she knew she could and it worked.
I think someone else suggested... start preparing now? Imagine that it's happening already. Feel it. Enjoy it. And if you've got the desire to prepare for it, prepare for it now. By the time you are ready everything else will have arranged itself. You don't have to wait. Just think about what gives you joy and excites you. Don't worry about the how... except when it gives you joy and excites you to think about it. All this experience will make you a better teacher.

Plus then when the time comes people will say "Wow you got it up and running so fast!"

Quote:
So here are my affirmations:

I am so happy and grateful that I am completely understood, loved and supported in all my endeavors.
I am so happy and grateful that everything is unfolding just as it should
I am so happy and grateful that I am supported spiritually
I am so happy and grateful tha dh and I are manifesting a wonderful life together!

Quote:
Where the heck are you guys?? Just me, hogging the thread for half an hour??? :
I have noticed before that people on this thread are relatively early. Especially for me being on the west coast and on a lateish schedule at that.

Quote:
Afterwards he said to me, "Mom, you know what I love about piano? Playing!" And I said, you mean performing, or just playing in general? And he said, "Playing! I just love it!!" Which was how it always was before, and I'm so thrilled he's rediscovered his joy in his gift!
Wow that's so wonderful!

to Pat

Quote:
It's affirmation time!

I've realized today that I haven't been workung with affirmations as much as I could. I mean, I've been coming up with good ones, and admiring other people's, but I haven't been USING them a lot. I say them once or twice and move on.

So I'm making a promise to myself to fill up my affirmation tank by saying them a LOT, every day.
Im off to do the same! Thanks for the motivation!

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
Yea, two *were* really easy! Now three, that's a whole other ball game! :
That's quite the little affirmation you got there!

On any other board I wouldn't point this out, but I think you are being negative. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
You (or anyone else) wouldn't happen to have any online links to this would you? :
I'll look around and see what I can find.

Quote:
This was true for me too, though to be honest, it didn't kick in til about 2 or 3. Probably more like 3. And I have to admit that having a baby and a toddler was hard for me.
I found it hard when mine were really little. They are only a year and a half a part. I wish that I had knows about LOA back then. I think it would have been a very different experience!

At first it is more work, and then it goes back to being about the same amount of work, and then one day you realize that they have been off playing happily together for hours and you can do pretty much whatever you want.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 02:47 AM

Quote:
I know exactly who I am, do you?
We can manifest a private Amy Steinberg concert/gathering for LoA fans in the North Carolina area. I'd even offer our home, we are in Charlotte. A friend is hosting a party in Columbia, SC, I'd be glad to do the same.

Pat

I have a blog.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:53 AM

Thanks for all the great links and all. I found the body-emotion connections to be very "on" for me. Most of the things that have been bothering me UNTIL NOW have similar emotional roots. Hmmmm..........

I'm sure I have other stuff to add here, but I am going to rest my body and mind for a bit now and spend some time with DH while DD sleeps peacefully.

Hugs and blessings!

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the Move
That's quite the little affirmation you got there!

On any other board I wouldn't point this out, but I think you are being negative. :

I found it hard when mine were really little. They are only a year and a half a part. I wish that I had knows about LOA back then. I think it would have been a very different experience!
You think?! See, it's little things like that that I'm just now starting to realize (and this after my other post on how I'm changing the way I say and think things : ). Although the words didn't say the "whole other ballgame" was a *bad* ballgame (though I'm thinking this smilie : might have alluded to maybe something a teeny tiny negative. Seriously, though, in the past, having the third child rocked my world. And now, they bring me so much joy and love and fulfillment each and every day. I wouldn't change anything for the world. (Is that better? Am I being less negative? )

And I agree with you ... having them little can be trying without having the backbone of LoA. It's funny. I was raised to think this way. And when I had my various religious experiences/journey, I buried this way of life so deeply that I'm just now, within the last couple months, uncovering it again. It is almost like it's brand new to me. I've realized how negative my talk has been. Even when I've thought I was "content", I've realized I've always been just slightly on the pissed-off side of the spectrum. It's hard realizing that I've spent the better part of many years not fulling enjoying but always pointing out the negative. I don't know if people around me would consider me a "negative" person before, but I can feel it looking back, yk?

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 03-02-2007, 02:59 AM

Hey! I just realized that the past couple days that I've been rather down & unenthusiastic, are the same days I've skipped having a vitamin drink because I ran out of the juice I use for the mix. Silly me! Of course I was all concerned it was semi-permanent
Old 03-02-2007, 05:23 AM

catgirl...

Are you following your bliss? If not, you are rowing the boat upstream. It is far easier to ride down with the water instead of rowing against it. Re-read what you wrote. Your language is powerful.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post

We created a comfort corner with polished rocks, sand and earth to use as grounding in our home. Ds *loves* playing there when we are out of sorts. Brings joy and healing.
What is it about sand? Just looking at my zen garden brings me a sense of peace. I've been wanting to get a few shiny, smooth rocks for the zen garden, too. I'll have to remember to do that.

Quote:
Yeah - I'm getting very allergic to "down" people. So much so, that I gave my Mom a good talking-to last night, because she's been bringing hersalf down a lot lately, and I'm kind of tired of having to use energy to counteract. She looked shocked, but she's been in a much more "up" place today!
I've been doing the same thing- I don't "allow" people to stay negative and down around me. I either don't let it affect me at all and keep on rolling with the positive energy and they catch up, or if they don't, I tell them to knock it off.

Quote:
The way Holosync works is by setting up difference tones in your brain. You may notice that they play a bell tone, followed by another one that sets up a slight clang. The clang is because the bells are ever-so-slighly out of tune with each other - 10 cycles per second apart. The brain responds to that by starting to resonate in frequency. Not coincidentally, 10 cps is the alpha brainwave state that is, in effect, the meditative state. So Holosync jsut gets you there a lot faster, and works even when you're not "in the mood". It ssets up that alpha state for you, rather than you having to generate it yourself.
I had no idea what Holosync was, so I've been weary to check the link (some things linked are just a little too "out there" for me). This makes a lot of sense, though- I'll have to check it out. Thanks for explaining!

Quote:
Here's another thing to shield your aura, from our energy healing teacher:

with your index finger, tap gently between your eyes. Then hold your hand over your head life a little roof (fingers together, plams apart). Bring that down infront of your body, and when you're in front of the breastbone, snap the palms together.

Another way is to use your hands to draw small or large figure eights all over the front of your body, any way you like. I do that over ds when he's sleeping sometimes.
Hmm....where did my LOA notebook go? :

*goes REACHing around the house*

I need to write this stuff down

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
Other grounding techniques are to walk barefoot in dirt/grass for a few minutes, touch plants as they are already "grounded", and wash your hands.
Thanks for this info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Sheilding: Mirrors of love:

Imagine yourself surrounded by mirrors of whatever color says "love" to you. I use pale green, because green is the heart chakra color.

Any time that someone sends negative energy your way, it is transmuted and bounces back to them as love.
Thanks for this, too- I'm surrounded by a lot of negativity. I need all the tips I can to keep it from affecting me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post

I think I'm going to have to create a new email addy JUST for LoA related things.:
I did just that about a month ago

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 05:44 AM

I tried the free Holosynch CD, but it annoyed me. I don't know if it was the tones or the loaded sales talk, but I haven't listened to it again. I think it's sitting on the bathroom floor now.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I'm signing up for blogger.com and the signup page says "display name". Then it explains "the name you use to sign your blog posts". Does that mean the name that will appear in the bar at the top of the page? Because I wanted to call the blog ManifestingMuse, but describe myself as ManifestingMama.
It's not the same as the one at the top of the page. There are like three different names. My blog url uses jenjenrambler, my display name is Jen-Jen, and I use a different name for my user ID (I guess I use my google name now, which is again different). Or something like that.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChatsAlot View Post
I think the important thing is this.....if you are *avoiding* them...that will actually give it more energy and may draw more people into your life that are like this until you stop giving it energy.
This is something I really need to remember. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
I can ignore the negative posts. With the "ignore" feature.
Exactly

It's usually the same people...in fact, I think I only have one person on my ignore list right now, and I'm fairly confident she's on a lot of your ignore lists, too, just because she has so openly spoke out against the LOA so many times. I don't need the negativity.

*pink bubble*

I've learned to skim a lot, and just go right over negative posts, and I've also learned to not click on threads that just look negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Well, it's actually 36 hours old because someone needs to get Annikate a new calendar
:

Poor thing. She's never going to live it down.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 AM

Annikate is such a Manifesting Machine she couldn't wait to get started! You Go!

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM

:

so, 14 pages in 2 days? seriously?

anyway, i haven't even had time to read, nevermind post, but i was getting withdrawal symptoms, so i just wanted to say hi to everyone.

miss you!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
Old 03-02-2007, 10:04 AM

Quote:
OK, another blog question:

I'm signing up for blogger.com and the signup page says "display name". Then it explains "the name you use to sign your blog posts". Does that mean the name that will appear in the bar at the top of the page? Because I wanted to call the blog ManifestingMuse, but describe myself as ManifestingMama.
I use my first name as my display name. It's the way all your posts are signed off, or the name left when you leave comments for others.

Melanie
Old 03-02-2007, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thank God. I can go to bed now. I thought I'd wandered into an alternate universe where you all existed only in my imagination!

Oh, and thanks for the words of wisdom, btw!
It's eerie when nobody posts for more than 15 minutes!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders View Post
And I agree with you ... having them little can be trying without having the backbone of LoA. It's funny. I was raised to think this way. And when I had my various religious experiences/journey, I buried this way of life so deeply that I'm just now, within the last couple months, uncovering it again. It is almost like it's brand new to me. I've realized how negative my talk has been. Even when I've thought I was "content", I've realized I've always been just slightly on the pissed-off side of the spectrum. It's hard realizing that I've spent the better part of many years not fulling enjoying but always pointing out the negative. I don't know if people around me would consider me a "negative" person before, but I can feel it looking back, yk?
I feel the same way. About all of it.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
Annikate is such a Manifesting Machine she couldn't wait to get started! You Go!
My new email addy is ManifestingMaster. heehee.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
:

so, 14 pages in 2 days? seriously?

anyway, i haven't even had time to read, nevermind post, but i was getting withdrawal symptoms, so i just wanted to say hi to everyone.

miss you!

User Tag List