#301 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
On another note:
Anybody mind if I just

I just lost what I'd done today. Ughh. I'm learning a new program, can ya tell?

I just asked for divine inspiration and so I'm basically re-doing my ENTIRE site - wording and all.

I don't know if it was inspired or not, but it was feeeeeeling pretty good and now it's gone.
#302 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 06:12 PM

Oh sure, now you're all back and things are picking up.
But now I have other things I have to go and do.
#303 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 06:19 PM

I just manifested a pencil! The kids and I were in the playroom of our building, and I wanted to write something down but had no paper or pencil/pen handy. I decided that there was indeed a way for me to take a note right then and there, without leaving the room. I went to a shelf and found a stack of note pads someone had left. Easy. Then I started cruising around for the pencil. After a few minutes of calling "where oh where oh where's that pencil?" and using REACH I found a little half-pencil sitting in the corner of the room, behind a table.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#304 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
elizaveta - Great!

barefoot - that's cool. And I thought of you today b/c dh had his first appt. w/a new homeopath! She's a classical homeopath and he said his appt. took almost 3 hours!

I'm excited! I can't wait to go see her too but I'm thinking maybe I'll wait until dd is no longer b'feeding. Should I?
3 hours~ that's great! He must have some really deep stuff
It doesn't matter if you are breastfeeding or not. If she's a good homeopath and it sounds like she probably is. I think you should go!
Would you feel comfortable sharing who it is? Castro, by chance?
Quote:

On another note:
Anybody mind if I just

I just lost what I'd done today. Ughh. I'm learning a new program, can ya tell?

I just asked for divine inspiration and so I'm basically re-doing my ENTIRE site - wording and all.

I don't know if it was inspired or not, but it was feeeeeeling pretty good and now it's gone.
#305 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 06:31 PM

Terri... I like what Amris had to say on this. What you do next will be even better!!

Jen... Your session sounds super cool! Thanks for the violet fire visual. I like that a lot!

Carrie... Those TUT messages rock! Love that one!

sphinxie... Feel better soon!

hula... Careful what you wish for! You certainly are a manifesting master if you slowed this thread down for two hours.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#306 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
3 hours~ that's great! He must have some really deep stuff
It doesn't matter if you are breastfeeding or not. If she's a good homeopath and it sounds like she probably is. I think you should go!
Would you feel comfortable sharing who it is? Castro, by chance?
Pamela Swanson - a recommendation from another MDC mama!
#307 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
I am so happy and grateful that Spirit didn't allow me to put the wrong Web page up. I am so happy and grateful for this opportunity to create a web page that will bring in EVEN MORE traffic than I thought possible.
Hmmm, missed this before.
Yes, you are right! Now the language is like I'm talking to all of you mamas (my friends!) instead of talking to nobody yk?

It's sounding much much better. I can't wait to figure out how to get it up so you all can preview and give me feedback!

#308 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Good morning everyone!

My email issue is resolved and I'm logged in to my design studio!

And the banana is dancing again!!

Co-incidence?! I think not!

Pat

I have a blog.
#309 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
or talk to a stranger, or... just do it!

I just wanted to pull this out and quote it.

(amusing myself here, nothing to see)

Pat

I have a blog.
#310 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post

Did you all move to a new thread at 12:00 ET?
Or is it possible no one has posted for over 2 hours in the middle of a weekday?
It was that foreign language wow, bc, lv, etc. Scared the EPL (English as Primary Language) people away.

We were out playing with little people at the museum. Since I am the serial posting hog, you were missing me. :

Pat

I have a blog.
#311 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Totally off-topic, but I always think this guy is supposed to be driving:

(amusing yourself too, I see!) caught ya' when you thought no one was watching, didn't we!?!

Pat

I have a blog.
#312 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:

Anyway, she said if doubts come up when reading or writing my list, to "imagine" a violet fire in front of me and take the doubts and throw them in. Just thought I'd share in case that is helpful for anyone else!
We physically did this at my friend's blessings way. We each wrote down a fear and burned it, one after the other. It was very releasing!

Pat

I have a blog.
#313 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:

I'm excited! I can't wait to go see her too but I'm thinking maybe I'll wait until dd is no longer b'feeding. Should I?
Definitely go now. I waited until ds wasn't nursing any longer, but have no rational reason why. I'd definitely feel comfortable with classical homeopathy and nursing, now.

I can not think of any positive spin on losing work to cyberspace, it makes me livid, beyond insanity. Except, I have chosen to tell myself "it was not meant to be". And walk away. And find something fun to do to change the mental explosion that has nowhere to go. Blowing bubbles on ds's belly helps change the emotional energy toward abject laughter. And B-R-E-A-T-H-E.

Pat

I have a blog.
#314 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 08:53 PM

The multi-quoting is getting out of control!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Then it hit my while the phone was ringing, I was asking someone if I should worry, something that I consider to be completely useless (worrying!). So I made a decision not to worry, declined the level whatever ultrasound but agreed to go back for a follow up, and believed/knew that the baby was perfeclty fine. They followed the issue with ultrasound untill he was 3 months old, but everything was okay. I'm not sure it would have been if I gave into the worry.

Now, when I start to worry, I realize that it's a choice. Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but I know that it is.
How perfectly stated!! I feel the same way. I love this expression:
Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. Interestingly enough, rocking chairs make me nauseous.
Whenever I find myself starting to worry (which is rare), I also make the CONSCIOUS CHOICE not to. How is a firmer grip on the steering wheel and tense shoulders going to get me to work on time? Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammas View Post
When I was a child my mother used to say (and she still does sometimes) that you have to be very careful when you wish for something because you just might get it. I guess that makes me uncomfortable manifesting some things. I feel that if I manifest us spending more time as a family, dh might lose his job and spend all his time with us but then we wouldn't have any money. Or if I manifest me having more time to myself we could lose dc and then I would have all my time to myself. I would get what I asked for but would hate the how-part. How could I make myself trust the process and not focus on how it will happen?
I agree -- this can be scary. And I will say, you do sometimes "get what you wish for"! (like me wanting to be more productive at work and our internet filter starting to block MDC But I think for the most part, it is your FEELINGS that do the Attracting. So if you feel good, you'll keep attracting more and more GOOD feelings, and good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDaisy View Post
I read a book once and it said to add a clause at the end of every request that was something to the effect of: "this comes to me under grace, in a perfect way"...so that what we manifest can come about in a positive way....to avoid what you're fearing.

Quote:
Kerry, I didn't mean that you meant that I meant that... ah, whatever. I hear ya, Mama.
This is why I love this thread. Even when there's a little "not seeing eye to eye" we argue over who GETS to be wrong Erica and I did the same thing on the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda on the move View Post
What about doing an affirmation like:
I am safe where I am. I create my own security. (or something like that.) When I am trying to change my thinking about something, I find it helpful to have an affirmation and whenever I find my thoughts drifting back to the subject, to do my affirmation.

I like the phrase "for our highest good" in my manifestations. It seems to cover this stuff. I also think about the different areas of my life and what I want in each area. I think about what I want in terms of financial abundance, time together as a family, in my parenting, for each of my kids, for myself!, in my relationship with my hubby, and for my home.
Linda, I love your affirmations. How do you incorporate them into your daily life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nikki~ View Post
I dated the same guy through highschool and college, and when we broke up, he got custody of our huge group of friends.
No real advice, just Been There, Done That and a ... what helped me a lot was getting back in touch with some old, great friends, who introduced me to new people, etc etc... Plus, you have us!! I also joined a book club online and this led to some great friendships too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celesterra View Post
i also manifested friendships. three years ago i remember crying in a therapy session about how lonely i was. seems like a long time ago now - since then i've met the most amazing people who have become my close friends, both online and IRL.

(((Nikki))) be nice to yourself, over there!

hoping that one of the online friends will soon make the bridge to RL (... hint hint, Devon!) :
: As soon as I started reading your post, I thought, She better be talking about me!! : As soon as the weather gets nice, I am coming to Philly. Plus you should come up here and go to the beach with me

Quote:
: It isn't hard enough to keep up with this thread - now you're throwing a foreign language into the mix?

(Thanks for the excuse to practice multi-quoting. I think I got it now!)
I was going to say the same thing!!

Quote:
Totally off-topic, but I always think this guy is supposed to be driving:

: again... you are cracking me up today!

Quote:
Gee, no posts in over 2 hours!? Is it true?

Just popping in to say that I got one rejection letter yesterday for a children's piece I wrote and another today for a review.

I haven't lost my buzz though. I know awesome, tremendous, wonderful, super-duper things are right around the corner!

Right? Right? :
OF COURSE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Nope, we just have a whole bunch of manifesting mamas who are wanting the thread to slow down!
One of them is me... sorry I'll try to keep my manifesting to myself

Sooooo... anybody want snow tomorrow? (I feel like Storm from the X-Men)
#315 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I had an appointment with an intuitive this morning. It was very cool. She reads auras and while I sat there saying next to nothing, she pretty much explained my whole life to me. Then she talked to me about what to do to help myself along on my journey. I won't get into most of it (it was a long appointment!), but one thing is a candle meditation, another is a grounding exercise, and then she told me to write on a piece of paper what I would want my life to be like if there were no limitations. To write it as if it is already in existence and if doubts come up, throw them away. Sound familiar? She wants me to read it as soon as I wake up every morning. I thought it was pretty cool that she uses the LoA without the name attached. She's been doing this for 15 years.

Anyway, she said if doubts come up when reading or writing my list, to "imagine" a violet fire in front of me and take the doubts and throw them in. Just thought I'd share in case that is helpful for anyone else!
This sounds awesome!! I had my tarot cards done in Jan and while she said a lot of true things, she had absolutely NO suggestions for how I could remove the "wall" in front of me. I am trying the violet fire thing.

Quote:
No no....... no violence! Violet is the color of enlightenment.
Plus, it's so pretty :

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
On the other hand, it is very common for adults nowadays to have few/no friends. So there's no need to feel weird or ashamed (and there wouldn't be anyway!) Especially with all this moving around we do nowadays. I personally haven't worked on this but one of these days I'm going to have to. My issue is that it's fairly easy to make friends in a somewhat shallow sense, as in glorified acquaintances, but finding quality friends is a much more mysterious process. Which is where manifestation comes in

I know when I start, if I actually like somebody, I'm going to take a lesson from kids and just say "Hey, want to be friends?"
So true... I have many "glorified acquaintances" that I have known for years and I feel so much closer to you mamas, whom I've never even met in real life!

Quote:
I just manifested a pencil! The kids and I were in the playroom of our building, and I wanted to write something down but had no paper or pencil/pen handy. I decided that there was indeed a way for me to take a note right then and there, without leaving the room. I went to a shelf and found a stack of note pads someone had left. Easy. Then I started cruising around for the pencil. After a few minutes of calling "where oh where oh where's that pencil?" and using REACH I found a little half-pencil sitting in the corner of the room, behind a table.
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
We physically did this at my friend's blessings way. We each wrote down a fear and burned it, one after the other. It was very releasing!

Pat
That sounds really lovely.
#316 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 PM

So I took off work yesterday, had lunch with Hottie McGorgeous, and skipped yoga in favor of decluttering (have to take the bad with the good, I suppose). We knew this.

However, I ALSO came to complete peace with my impending joblessness and am getting incredibly excited about my *new* plan -- Traveling around the world!! I emailed an old friend that did it, and she gave me tons of info. I also checked a bunch of books out of the library about it.

I have thought of this many, many times in the past, but it just never *felt right*. I always thought I wouldn't want to do it alone. Now, for some reason, it just feels like the PERFECT thing to do -- even by myself!! I can't wait to start planning. Do I care that I will probably spend my entire savings? NO! Do I need to have a plan for what I will do when I get back? HELL NO! It will all work out for my highest good. I am safe.

Remember the Friends episode with Monica's wedding where Rachel finds out she's pregnant, but she takes another test and makes Phoebe look at it? Phoebe says, "It's negative" and you'd think Rachel would be relieved, but she's actually disappointed. Phoebe goes, "I lied, it's positive, and now you know how you really feel!" I love this.
I have been thinking about leaving teaching-- I knew I would eventually but couldn't decide whether to do one more year. Friday, when I found out I was going to lose my job, I wasn't scared or anxious or nervous or determined to save it. I was FREE. It felt like a weight was off my shoulders. I don't have to decide what to do! I don't have to feel guilty for giving up a good situation! I am FREEEEEE!!!

So needless to say, I am buzzing pretty hard.
#317 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM

I've been lurking, but the violet thing has drawn me out.

My dd's middle name is Violet. My business name is Violet Lane. How cool is THAT?

Megan- mama to 3, midwifery student , doula, , runner , knitter .
Violet Lane Birth Services Doula care and placenta encapsulation serving Seattle to Mount Vernon
#318 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 09:18 PM

I just got this in an email and HAD to share. Sorry about the arrows, I just copied and pasted and REALLY don't feel like deleting them all.

Touching words from the mouth of babes.
> > What does Love mean?
> > A group of professional people posed this question
> > to a group of 4 to 8
> > year-olds, "What does love mean?"
> > The answers they got were broader and deeper than
> > anyone could have
> > imagined. See what you think:
> >
> > "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't
> > bend over and paint her
> > toenails anymore.
> > So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even
> > when his hands got
> > arthritis too. That's love."
> >
> > Rebecca- age 8
> >
> > "When someone loves you, the way they say your name
> > is different.
> > You just know that your name is safe in their
> > mouth."
> >
> > Billy - age 4
> >
> > "Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts
> > on shaving cologne and
> > they go out and smell each other."
> >
> > Karl - age 5
> >
> > "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody
> > most of your French
> > fries without making them give you any of theirs."
> >
> > Chrissy - age 6
> >
> > "Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
> >
> > Terri - age 4
> >
> > "Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and
> > she takes a sip
> > before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is
> > OK."
> >
> > Danny - age 7
> >
> > "Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you
> > get tired of kissing,
> > you still want to be together and you talk more.
> > My Mommy and Daddy are like that They look gross
> > when they kiss"
> >
> > Emily - age 8
> >
> > "Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if
> > you stop opening
> > presents and listen."
> >
> > Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)
> >
> > "If you want to learn to love better, you should
> > start with a friend who
> > you hate,"
> >
> > Nikka - age 6
> > (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)
> >
> > "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt,
> > then he wears it
> > everyday."
> >
> > Noelle - age 7
> >
> > "Love is like a little old woman and a little old
> > man who are still
> > friends even after they know each other so well."
> >
> > Tommy - age 6
> >
> > "During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was
> > scared. I looked at
> > all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving
> > and smiling.
> >
> > He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared
> > anymore."
> >
> > Cindy - age 8
> >
> > "My mommy loves me more than anybody .
> >
> > You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at
> > night."
> >
> > Clare - age 6
> >
> > "Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of
> > chicken."
> >
> > Elaine-age 5
> >
> > "Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and
> > still says he is
> > handsomer than Robert Redford."
> >
> > Chris - age 7
> >
> > "Love is when your puppy licks your face even after
> > you left him alone all
> > day."
> >
> > Mary Ann - age 4
> >
> > "I know my older sister loves me because she gives
> > me all her old clothes
> > and has to go out and buy new ones."
> >
> > Lauren - age 4
> >
> > "When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and
> > down and little stars
> > come out of you." (what an image)
> >
> > Karen - age 7
> >
> > "Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she
> > doesn't think it's
> > gross."
> >
> > Mark - age 6
> >
> > "You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you
> > mean it. But if you mean
> > it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
> >
> > Jessica - age 8
#319 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post

My dd's middle name is Violet. My business name is Violet Lane. How cool is THAT?
I was like, oh she looks familiar -- then I was like -- WWF!! I'm devonc over there, haven't gotten around to changing it yet like I did here. Nice to see ya!

And I love the name Violet.
#320 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 09:21 PM

27 minutes and there's ONE POST besides mine??? WTF, ladies??? I wait all freakin day to get home and talk to you, and you're not even here. Harumph.
#321 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
So I took off work yesterday, had lunch with Hottie McGorgeous, and skipped yoga in favor of decluttering (have to take the bad with the good, I suppose). We knew this.

However, I ALSO came to complete peace with my impending joblessness and am getting incredibly excited about my *new* plan -- Traveling around the world!! I emailed an old friend that did it, and she gave me tons of info. I also checked a bunch of books out of the library about it.

I have thought of this many, many times in the past, but it just never *felt right*. I always thought I wouldn't want to do it alone. Now, for some reason, it just feels like the PERFECT thing to do -- even by myself!! I can't wait to start planning. Do I care that I will probably spend my entire savings? NO! Do I need to have a plan for what I will do when I get back? HELL NO! It will all work out for my highest good. I am safe.

Remember the Friends episode with Monica's wedding where Rachel finds out she's pregnant, but she takes another test and makes Phoebe look at it? Phoebe says, "It's negative" and you'd think Rachel would be relieved, but she's actually disappointed. Phoebe goes, "I lied, it's positive, and now you know how you really feel!" I love this.
I have been thinking about leaving teaching-- I knew I would eventually but couldn't decide whether to do one more year. Friday, when I found out I was going to lose my job, I wasn't scared or anxious or nervous or determined to save it. I was FREE. It felt like a weight was off my shoulders. I don't have to decide what to do! I don't have to feel guilty for giving up a good situation! I am FREEEEEE!!!

So needless to say, I am buzzing pretty hard.
You are so so funny!
I think this is great! Go for it!
#322 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:08 PM

Seriously? Over an hour and NOTHING? (besides you, of course, Terri and Megan . MWAH!)

I guess I should go join the IPTK tribe... (meanwhile, put THAT one on the list of "your wish is my command"... someone needs to explain LOA to them... : )
#323 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 PM

I am still new to this (waiting for the book to get here).

There is something I really, really want. Whether or not it happens is completely out of my hands. The probability of it happening is highly unlikely.

How can I try to manifest this in my life?
#324 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk4two View Post

There is something I really, really want. Whether or not it happens is completely out of my hands. The probability of it happening is highly unlikely.

Believe it already is. Think and feel what it will be like when you have it/when it is happening and trust that the universe will provide. Anything and everything is possible. You just have to believe it.
#325 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Ack, the templates I have to choose from just don't seem *right*. I've been using one all day and now I'm thinking of changing it.

CAn you guys see this?

and this?

How about this one?

Which one do you like best?

I really wanted an ethereal kind of feel but none have it.
#326 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milk4two View Post

It depends. If it's regarding someone else's free will, you can't. If it's harmful to someone else, you might be able to, but it WILL turn around and bite you in the rump.

Assuming that this is not the case, and it's all about you, then you want to sit and imagine it, as if it has happened ALREADY. Get into the joyful and wonderful feelings you'd be having today, if this thing had happened yesterday.

Then, go about your life as much like it had happened as you can.

For example, say you got a new car. You'd get in your old car, and drive around proud as a peacock in your old car, because you'd be picturing yourself as being in the new car.

Etc.
#327 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Ack, the templates I have to choose from just don't seem *right*. I've been using one all day and now I'm thinking of changing it.

CAn you guys see this?

and this?

How about this one?

Which one do you like best?

I really wanted an ethereal kind of feel but none have it.
Sweety, we can't see them, because they're on your ftp server. You would have to give us your login, and you don't want to do that.
#328 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post
Sweety, we can't see them, because they're on your ftp server. You would have to give us your login, and you don't want to do that.
Ah, it was worth trying. I really want your input!
#329 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memiles View Post

This is very cool
Welcome!
#330 of 927 Old 03-06-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Ah, it was worth trying. I really want your input!
I think you should stop for now and look again tomorrow.
not really sure why.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page