Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10 - Page 31 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#901 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by barefoot mama View Post
This story was read at my dd's memorial service. It's such a wonderful lesson!
Oh, my (reading over my shoulder) dh wants me to ask you if you are Taoist?
Can one be "Taoist"? Of course, it is more a mindfulness and awareness than a label. Sometimes, I am aware that I am not mindful or aware.

Pat

I have a blog.
#902 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Can one be "Taoist"? Of course, it is more a mindfulness and awareness than a label. Sometimes, I am aware that I am not mindful or aware.

Pat
OK, he says I said it wrong. I was supposed to say "do you follow the Tao"?
(seems like that's pretty much the goal of all of us here, if you ask me
#903 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:07 PM

Wait, a 90 lb dachshund? :

We had our St. Patrick's Day parade today. Bag pipes, drums, marching bands and men in kilts

Food allergies! Oh, I'm having flashbacks! We all had this discussion months ago didn't we? On another thread?

I keep thinking back to what Beckwith said in the movie. 'We live in a universe of laws. There's the law of gravity. If you fall off a cliff, whether you're a good person or a bad person, you're going to hit the ground' (I'm paraphrasing here and this isn't exactly what he said).

I believe in the law of gravity. I also believe that food allergies and intolerances and genetic predispositions are actual, physical things we have to deal with, just like gravity. I think how we face them, mentally, matters but I don't feel/believe that I can just manifest my issues gone. Maybe someone who believes in the LOA enough can manifest the disappearance of a food allergy or, for all I know, manifest not hitting the ground when they fall off a cliff I can accept that others think this is possible and that maybe it's not possible for me because of where I am mentally. But . . . that's where I am I do want to use the LOA with what I am doing though.

I was thinking of it tonight and I feel far more positive about this than negative. There is a tiny bit of me that is sad over the loss of gluten foods but most of me is excited and hopeful and totally up for it And, as someone mentioned, I am already focusing on what I can eat instead of what I can't. I have been thinking of all the foods I already enjoy that don't have gluten and it turns out there's quite a list!

Oh, and I'm totally buzzing tonight, I used REACH tonight and it was like a miracle! I lost some stuff a few days ago and dh was trying to help me find it tonight. He found the beads I wanted but I still couldn't find the elastic bead string. Finally, I shut my eyes, said REACH in my head and (on a whim) threw my hands up in the air. I visualized my hand closing over the package of bead string and I also shut my right hand as if I was grabbing it. I opened my eyes and my hands just went to the second drawer of the art cabinet. I was disappointed for a moment because I had already checked the art cabinet numerous times the other day and the string wasn't in there, but I went with what my hands were doing and opened it up. Not making this up - the package of string was right there! On top, not obscured by anything! OMG I was SO high with buzzing after that,

And then I sat with my stuff and made the bracelet I've had in mind for a week. I took some alphabet beads and spelled out "thank you" with some hearts and a bunch of pretty turquoise beads along with it. I love it My intention was that every time I looked at it I would be reminded to say "thank you" for something and it works! I was walking the dog, listening to some music on the walkman and looked down and saw it. So I said "Thank you for Aretha Franklin" as if her music was a gift from the universe just for me. And maybe it was
#904 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
OK, he says I said it wrong. I was supposed to say "do you follow the Tao"?
(seems like that's pretty much the goal of all of us here, if you ask me
I tend toward passionate extremism, so probably not. But, I am becoming more mindful and aware. I am exactly where I need to be in this moment. Sometimes, I am living in the past or future, probably much more than following the Tao. But, I am becoming more conscious, but perhaps that is itself an attachment and striving...

Pat

I have a blog.
#905 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:15 PM

I gave every kid a bath while dh went to the store.

Worked out a remedy for someone.

Then I got to go to my knitting circle where we have all decided to start discussing the Secret I shared switchwords with them and we watched a bit of Conversations with God, which I have not seen before. It seems to be just like The Secret, though. Has anyone seen or read that? I think there might even be coursework to go along with it.

Then tonight I did my usual studying (and a little bit of messing around on the computer, too)
#906 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Oh, and I'm totally buzzing tonight, I used REACH tonight and it was like a miracle! I lost some stuff a few days ago and dh was trying to help me find it tonight. He found the beads I wanted but I still couldn't find the elastic bead string. Finally, I shut my eyes, said REACH in my head and (on a whim) threw my hands up in the air. I visualized my hand closing over the package of bead string and I also shut my right hand as if I was grabbing it. I opened my eyes and my hands just went to the second drawer of the art cabinet. I was disappointed for a moment because I had already checked the art cabinet numerous times the other day and the string wasn't in there, but I went with what my hands were doing and opened it up. Not making this up - the package of string was right there! On top, not obscured by anything! OMG I was SO high with buzzing after that,
This is SO wonderful! Thank you for sharing that!
I LOVE reach!
#907 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 PM

I told someone on another board about reach. She had been looking for a card. She went back to the deck and there it was. She was like, "I SWEAR it wasn't there earlier that day!!"

I was like, "SEE?!?"
#908 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:20 PM

Strawberries!.... yum!

Blueberries!... yum!

This thread is simply full of (dairy-free, wheat free!) deliciousness!

Love and sweetness to all of you!
#909 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:23 PM

ok you guys aren't very chatty this evening. So what did everyone do today?

After my nap dh and I went and ran some errands, went out to lunch and then the grocery store. Then we watched the documentary The Giant Buddhas. Then I came here to hang out for awhile.
#910 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

After my nap dh and I went and ran some errands, went out to lunch and then the grocery store. Then we watched the documentary The Giant Buddhas. Then I came here to hang out for awhile.
I enjoyed a trip to Walmart. :And EarthFare. How is that for balance?

Pat

I have a blog.
#911 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I did some spring cleaning.
#912 of 927 Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:

dh and I unloaded 4 yards of mulch and beautified our front yard!

Then we went grocery shopping, found out that our neighbors and friends (and dd's friend) are putting their house UP FOR SALE and moving.

Then we walked our 90 pound dog to *his* friend's house (a dachsund of all things ) and dds just fell asleep!

How's that for exciting?

I've been popping in and out all day though.

Guess I"m going to start manifesting some awesome new neighbors.
#913 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain crunchy View Post

Oh and Devon, the words of kindness are appreciated and I truly love having been able to serve you -- I consider you a dear friend now -- but the only *credit* I will take (if there is any to even take), is that I merely assisted you in getting to the place to embrace what was there all the time inside you already -- and for that, YOU get all the credit... YOU are an awesome person and woman and YOU DID IT my friend...

....but I will take an endorsement on my site if you're handing them out
I just didn't want you to think I was doing all this wonderful realizing totally one my own. You are a huge help!! And I'll endorse whatever you want. Hey, let's work together on manifesting a great endorsement on your site about how I met my husband thanks to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
We rented and watch what the bleep last night. It blew my mind. I found it way more influential than the secret. It really struck a cord with me. I recomend it to anyone who hasn't watched it yet.
My mom watched this a while ago but didn't say much about it. I'll definitely check it out!

Quote:
Cat-sat and went to the engagement party for the wedding I'll be in... now I'm hanging out with my sister. :

Shannon - your REACH was so cool!!

Small but crazy manifestation today - earlier in the day I randomly thought about a text message my sister had sent me months ago, I often save funny ones she sends me but I couldn't remember if I'd saved this one or not. So this afternoon, I got a new text while driving, checked it (carefully of course! ) and then glanced back at the road. I guess I hit some button on my phone because I looked at the screen again and what was on it but the very same text I had been thinking about!!! It was downright spooky.

Thoughts become things!
#914 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 12:05 AM

Hey Amris... whatever happened to the daily cards? I really liked them!
#915 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
I have so much I want to say this morning but my brain is a jumble.

I am celebrating a + preg test this morning. My emotions are jumbled and I feel like I could run a marathon.

This has been my biggest success yet. I know I will have a happy and healthy pregnancy and that our family is loving and complete.

Tara
OHHHHH!! TARA!!!!OMG, how wonderful!!! I'm beaming!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
I am so glad you finally know when your baby (that we've known would come all along) will be here!!

Seriously, (for us) and apple juice for you!!! CONGRATS!!
:

Thank you for manifesting this!!! It gives me so much hope!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
Penny, I loved your story about ds. Don't waste time regretting; it is a great lesson for him to learn that people grow and change!

I especially love hearing the piano stories, and how thoughtful and caring you are in helping him practice and perform. I started with piano when I was very young, and I loved it (especially when I got to play loud and fast! ) but I hated practicing because my dad would sit there and tell me everything I did wrong, and make me play it over and over again. Now, practice does make perfect, but his nasty-toned criticism was excessive. Long story short, when I got the chance, I quit. I played again some in high school, with a very laid back teacher and my dad working night shift (so I just didn't practice when he was around). The few times I've played since (often just stumbling through something) I am reminded of how much I simply love to play! As soon as we manifest our house, I'll manifest a piano to put in it! Guess it'll go on the treasure map, too (again).
We manifested a piano when he started! I said, "God, I need a piano!" and started asking around. The principal oboe of my orchestra had a baby grand that was too big for her living room and gave it to us for free! (Immediately afterwards she was offered the perfect piano for her space..) I still remember carrying him in from pre-school, telling him to shut his eyes, and sitting him down on the bench. His whole face lit up and he said, "My pyanyo!!!" When he outgrew it musically and my Mom bought him a better one, I passed it on to another family that needed one.

Zannalyn, my Dad was a brilliant concert pianist and I always felt the weight of that on me. I've never really expressed my talent fully UP TILL NOW, and I was unconcsiously putting this stuff on ds until I realized it a few weeks ago. Since discovereing the LoA I've been saying constantly "I am an amazing violinist" and without practicing, I'm about twice as good as I was. Dh was remarking tonight that he was really enjoying listening to me practice, and it was the first time I'd played in 5 days. There's a great passage in "Illusions" about that about how we think we can't play unless we've worked really hard at it - I'll see if I can find it and copy it in.

Quote:
I feel like I have to put my life on hold for the next 18 years if I have another child. And I feel like I can't talk to dh about it because any negativity I express he takes on.

ETA I think I just need to learn to get through the down feelings without feeling like it's some huge sign that I'm making the wrong decision. Which reminds me that there are no wrong decisions. ok I'm feeling better already.
I remember when I got pregnant thinking, OMG, there's no turning back now, as if I was on a runaway train whether I wanted to be or not - even though I had wanted this for 20 years. I understand exactly what you mean.

The reality for me has been that yes, it takes over your life, but you get it back a hundredfold, including in the areas where it takes away time. And now that ds is 7, it's a lot easier again, even with homeschooling too. He's got his own interests and entertains himself very well a lot of the time.

Maybe you need affirmations about everything turning out for the best , no matter what!

Quote:
Ok, I know this is going to be *old news* for most of you, but I just can't help it! I finally REALIZED, well, I guess crystallized and put into words my growing awareness over the past month or so. It's amazing... I just feel so FREE. So here it is: (I know I'm preaching to the choir but it is unbelievable how good this feels)
Devon, what a wonderful post!!!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateSt. View Post
Penny, this is SUCH a gift to your son. Like Zannalyn, I took piano but wasn't "allowed" to quit. I started because I wanted to, but then I lost interest and wanted to quit but my mom wouldn't let me, so I took lessons for 10 years and am not nearly as good as I think I should be for 10 years worth of lessons. I think had I been allowed to quit when I wanted to I would have eventually gone back to it -- on my own terms-- and been much better. I did always like playing but not when I "had to."

If your son does want to stop, don't feel defeated. He will (in my humble opinion) probably love it all the more if he knows it's HIS choice. He obviously cares very much what YOU think and I think it's great that you're showing him how much you care what HE thinks.
You know, I didn't really think he did want to quit...I think he just needed to know it was all right to look at the idea, so that he could know he didn't. See my update below for more.....
Quote:
You know what else I love? How we're all finding our life purpose and helping each other out!! It's a beautiful community we have here -- it's purely magical and it gives me tingles!!!

I feel like whatever I need I can find it here, from a homeopathy practicioner, to astrologer, to business ideas and feedback, and to finding friends in far-off places!!!

What a MAJOR BUZZ-FEST!!!
Yeah, it's amazing, isn't it?? I mean, look at us - heading towards 1000 posts in a week! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I tend toward passionate extremism, so probably not.
Me too!

Quote:
Ds and I had an amazing, very long, musical day! It was the next part of the chamber music festival. Ds had (starting at 9am) a half hour masterclass, a concert to listen to, a 50 minute trio coaching, lunch, another trio coaching, an accompaniment class, and a performance. He loved it! He was just reveling in the music and kept his concentration all day (well, he was a bit antsy after lunch but he was in a very small, very hot room). It was so cool - you can imagine that getting a 7yo and two 10yos to play together for a seven minute piece without getting lost is kind of like herding cats, but in the end they really got it together! If I may be permitted a Mommy brag - in the performance ds really kept it together! He had his eyes on the violinist the whole time and every time the violinist skipped a beat or miscounted he knew exactly what was going on and went right with him, and played so strongly that he kept them all together. Afterwards the guy sitting behind me said, "Is that your son? What an amazing gift he has to love the music so much. I'm a professional pianist and I hear lots of talented kids, but what a spirit he has - the world's going to be his oyster!" I'm sorrry to brag so much but it was just such a total joy to see how much he was loving it. I told him afterwards that I was so glad I'd let him take over the practice, becasue he'd done a MUCH better job running it than I was doing. He went to sleep listening to CDs in his room.

Oh, and the teacher for the masterclass was very "old school". At the beginning she asked him how old he was and he refused to tell her - she was very shocked (actually I found out later that he knew the age range for the festival was 10 and up and he was afraid they'd throw him out if they found out he was 7 ). She became very "do it my way" with him but I just silently sent him support vibes and he actually was very attentive and did what she asked (not something that would ahve happened before - I see he's already feeling more in control, so he was able to do that). Afterwards she said to me, "I could see right away that I needed to take control of the lesson if we were going to get any work done - I'm sure you've found the same!" I actually said to her, "Well, I've been giving him a lot of latitude lately and it's been working out great, but if that's what works for you, of course you should do what you're comfortable with - it's good for him to be able to adapt to different people's expectations!" It didn't strike me till afterwards that a couple of months ago I would have been agreeing with her! How I've changed since discovering the Loa....

There was a "parent talk" about practice and people were sharing their concerns about working with their kids - I wanted to stand up and yell "Just watch The Secret, people, and and it'll all work out!"

Quote:
Oh, and I'm totally buzzing tonight, I used REACH tonight and it was like a miracle!
Cooooooll!! That got me buzzing too!
Quote:
And then I sat with my stuff and made the bracelet I've had in mind for a week. I took some alphabet beads and spelled out "thank you" with some hearts and a bunch of pretty turquoise beads along with it. I love it My intention was that every time I looked at it I would be reminded to say "thank you" for something and it works!
Great idea!!!
#916 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Hey Amris... whatever happened to the daily cards? I really liked them!
I could start doing them again tomorrow, in that case.

I just got busy and then didn't get back into it again.
#917 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 12:13 AM

So DH and I are successfully manifesting rapid conflict resolution :

But I'm still sort of out of it. I tried to complain to DH about something I read, and he just started talking about how much he liked the guitar I got him! Darnit! Ruined my negativity A few days ago he didn't even believe in stuff, partially, how did he catch on so quick? Now I don't have anything left to complain about! :
#918 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
So DH and I are successfully manifesting rapid conflict resolution :

But I'm still sort of out of it. I tried to complain to DH about something I read, and he just started talking about how much he liked the guitar I got him! Darnit! Ruined my negativity A few days ago he didn't even believe in stuff, partially, how did he catch on so quick? Now I don't have anything left to complain about! :
I know! Once in a while, you find yourself feeling a little.... lost Especially in conversations with people who are just complaining. I often just walk away and find something else to do with myself. It's quite strange...

Amris-- Please do! I love the cards.
#919 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 01:11 AM

Devon, get a jump start on tomorrrow and start our new weekly thread
#920 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 03:15 AM

Woo hoo, Tara! I knew you could do it!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#921 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 03:19 AM

Arduinna,

#922 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 03:22 AM

Thanks, Devon. What a boost your post was!

#923 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 03:48 AM

Quote:

Dh and I took our boys up to Los Angeles - first we ordered their new mattresses (all natural latex/organic wool/organic cotton ... complete with wool puddle pads, wool comforters, and wool pillows; we have been wanting to do this since we bought ours this last summer and thanks to the IRS, did it today!). Then we drove over to the the County Museums - we went in the Page Museum at the Tar Pits (well, just the gift shop - I was there last week with the boys and got them each a toy for being soooo great on our fieldtrip and ds#2 accidently broke his toy; so today we bought a replacement). We bummed around the museums there and just had a wonderful day together as a family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
I keep thinking back to what Beckwith said in the movie. 'We live in a universe of laws. There's the law of gravity. If you fall off a cliff, whether you're a good person or a bad person, you're going to hit the ground' (I'm paraphrasing here and this isn't exactly what he said).

I believe in the law of gravity. I also believe that food allergies and intolerances and genetic predispositions are actual, physical things we have to deal with, just like gravity. I think how we face them, mentally, matters but I don't feel/believe that I can just manifest my issues gone. Maybe someone who believes in the LOA enough can manifest the disappearance of a food allergy or, for all I know, manifest not hitting the ground when they fall off a cliff I can accept that others think this is possible and that maybe it's not possible for me because of where I am mentally. But . . . that's where I am I do want to use the LOA with what I am doing though.

I was thinking of it tonight and I feel far more positive about this than negative. There is a tiny bit of me that is sad over the loss of gluten foods but most of me is excited and hopeful and totally up for it And, as someone mentioned, I am already focusing on what I can eat instead of what I can't. I have been thinking of all the foods I already enjoy that don't have gluten and it turns out there's quite a list!

And then I sat with my stuff and made the bracelet I've had in mind for a week. I took some alphabet beads and spelled out "thank you" with some hearts and a bunch of pretty turquoise beads along with it. I love it My intention was that every time I looked at it I would be reminded to say "thank you" for something and it works! I was walking the dog, listening to some music on the walkman and looked down and saw it. So I said "Thank you for Aretha Franklin" as if her music was a gift from the universe just for me. And maybe it was
I missed like 20 pages today (well, a bit of an exageration ). You are going gluten free? I'd love to know your list of what you can eat ... I am ditching grains (except corn - I need something to munch once in a while) and have decided that every time I want to grab a pretzel I need to drink some raw milk. Not sure how long that is going to satisfy me!

And, I had dh try "REACH" for the first time tonight. I've used it quite successfully and have taught ds#1 (and by extension ds#2) to use it. Well, tonight, ds#1 couldn't find his binky (: yes, my 5 1/2 year old is still attached to his binky for going to sleep). He finally went to sleep without it, but asked dh to find it. So, dh is finding all sorts of toys under the couch but no binky. I told him to start saying "REACH" so he does, but only half-you-know-what. Finally I told him to close his eyes, picture the binky, and say REACH a few times over. When he finished I asked him where he saw the binky. He said he didn't because it was dark. BINGO! He went into the (dark) bathroom, and low and behold, there was the binky. He came back with a look of wonder on his face.
Quote:
I gave every kid a bath while dh went to the store.

Worked out a remedy for someone.
And someone is so excited to get said remedy in the mail.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#924 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 08:17 AM

Loving the REACH stories! Every time I use REACH I have a four year old and a 22 month old running behind me jumping up in the air, grabbing with their hands, saying "reach! reach!". That alone is enough for me to want to use it. Helps that it always works too, of course! Oh, and the best is the look on my four year old's face when it works for her!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#925 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

Morning folks! Busy weekend and I am here at my mom's house where I spent the night with dd last night because dh had a gig pretty far away and we just have the one car (FOR NOW, I am so grateful for it too ) -- so last night my mom watch dd while I went for coffee with my best friend for over 15 years who, when I hang out with her raises my vibration to a crazy degree because we have so much fun together and we laugh and laugh ---

We manifested some awesome stuff this week -- dh manifested a new teaching position at a music school which is only THREE miles from our house as opposed to the 18 miles away where he is teaching now --- he is slowly transitioning students and when he is at this new teaching school full time it is FOUR more dollars an hour YAY!! It is so much closer so we will be saving over $100 a month in gas/tolls -- PLUS the extra time spent as a family because this teaching school is only about a 10 minute drive where the other one is about a 40 minute drive!!

ANNNNNNNNND... we are in the process of joining the local YMCA, the one in our city and the ones in the surrounding areas are AWESOME, so clean/open/chock full of activities/indoor pools/yoga/classes for toddlers etc ---- well since we didn't make much the past two years on our taxes (which is changing, we are abundant!) we qualify for a reduced monthly rate and a waived membership fee wooo hooooooo ....

What else? OH, my best friend's husband is a general contractor and asked my husband to be a qualifier for his company -- basically, some years ago my husband was a certified roofing contractor and owned his own business which just wasn't the right thing for us --- but if he is a qualifier for bf's husband's company basically they use his license (legally of course) and just send us checks. I will be like that Australian guy in the Secret "neeeew eee only geeet chicks" (now I only get checks) lol

We are truly blessed and I really know the meaning of the phrase "you can have everything you want as long as you don't need it" -- and how nothing new can come into your life until you live in a spirit of gratitude

Love it!

Oh and *reach* always works for me too! It's spooky! (in a good way of course )

Much love!

Tara
#926 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 11:16 AM

Morning Mamas!

celesterra - Will you pls. pm me? I'm having trouble pm'ing you. : :
#927 of 927 Old 03-11-2007, 12:10 PM

Hi all, I had a pm reminder to close this thread as the new one/new weeks has begun. I will lock this now and leave it here so everyone can still read the final posts before going to the new thread. Have a great weekend!

Mother is the word for God on the hearts and lips of all little children--William Makepeace Thackeray

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page