Your Wish is My Command - LoA March 4-10 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annikate View Post
Cute! I love your hair. Is it that reddish IRL? It's hard to tell in the pic?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Devon* View Post
Cute! I love your hair. Is it that reddish IRL? It's hard to tell in the pic?
Depends on the week. :
#123 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:05 PM

Great forward!

Quote:
But I continue to date them anyway, because we have a good time together.
It's not that I am trying to force anything, I really do have a great time.
If you're having fun then do it I don't regret any of the dating (or sex - even the bad sex ) I had before I got married. Some people do and for them the answer would be different. But if you're having fun, go with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I had been pondering "Do I need this? Am I using this?", BUT, I like "Does this bring us joy?" instead. That'll get rid of a bunch more stuff that is clutter and hoarding.
Flylady says to ask "does this make me smile?"
#124 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:11 PM

Still need those good vibes this way guys. I haven't been able to keep up with the thread since life has been "coming at me". DS has now caught my virus. He seems to be getting over it quicker than I did. We have a few other issues going on that I won't get into, and I'm sure I'll get them all sorted out, but I just wanted to pop on and say hi.

T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#125 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taradactyl3 View Post
Still need those good vibes this way guys. I haven't been able to keep up with the thread since life has been "coming at me". DS has now caught my virus. He seems to be getting over it quicker than I did. We have a few other issues going on that I won't get into, and I'm sure I'll get them all sorted out, but I just wanted to pop on and say hi.

T
#126 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:31 PM

Kerry, you are welcome to post your situations on the discussion yahoogroup. We have several mamas who have adopted children. I believe several with RAD. The fundamentals apply even in adversarial relationships or challenging ones. We'd be glad to help. Take what works, leave the rest, of course.

Pat

I have a blog.
#127 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
There are no *maybes* when you've found the right one.

: Yep. This is exactly how I felt at 16, when I met my husband to be, (and 25 years married on New Year's Eve!).

Pat

I have a blog.
#128 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:42 PM

I have also manifested a dis-ease in my body temple ( Michael Beckwith), so I'm struggling with concentrating, between bathroom trips.

The little man ( -not little at all, that's what makes it funny) thinks that it might be ecoli from all the fresh vegetables I eat!

Fear the dancing : of doom!
#129 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
: Yep. This is exactly how I felt at 16, when I met my husband to be, (and 25 years married on New Year's Eve!).

Pat
It took me 34 years to find mine!
#130 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amris View Post

DDs do what they call the "Broccoli Dance" whenever they see it in the steamer.
#131 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonCC View Post
Can we explore this for a minute? The idea that everything that everyone does is what they are meant to do and be. Is that really a LOA idea or are we getting into something else now because I've heard others say that too. If everything we're already doing is what we are meant to do, why try to change? Why learn about the LOA and try to manifest things and attitudes? I feel like this : when I hear this.
Because the Law of Attraction expands what we focus on. So, I choose to focus on *joy*, and joy expands. It is merely a conscious choice, no "shoulds" attached.

Quote:
Ooooo, see that resonates with me. But then that goes with my concerns on being "reckless" doesn't it? I sometimes do things quickly but I'd say mostly I "build up energy". The problem is that sometimes I get stuck in the "building up energy" part I guess.
IMO, "stuck" is an externally generated judgment. Not an internally motivated one. When we believe that we are exactly where we need to be, there is no "stuck", because we have the choice to manifest something else. See? "Stuck" is not about me, it is about *other's judgment* of me and where I am.

Quote:
not because I want to change them, but because I'm figuring out what I do and do not want in life.
Focusing on what you *don't want* brings... WHAT YOU DON'T WANT!

Quote:
In another example, I talk to the women on this list about things they are doing. On the one hand you could say that's them, not me and it doesn't matter to my life, but on the other hand, I am being inspired by them to figure out what I want to do and be so it does matter to me.
Choice where to spend our energy: WHAT WE DO WANT!

Quote:
I don't think it's my business changing other people but I do think I can be inspired by others. "Inspired" meaning either inspired to emulate them or inspired to do things differently.
Yep, we can be *inspired* to expand joy in our own life because joy attracts joy. And happiness is a choice. (There is an empowering book by this title: http://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Choi.../dp/0449907996)

Quote:
That's why I thought of "reckless action". I don't know if they are having bad results because they are "reckless" or because they aren't grateful, or because they focus too much on money or what. I just know I don't want to follow that path and I'd like to learn from them what not to do if I can. Does that make sense to anyone?
I have tried that road about figuring out what everyone is doing and what I don't like about it. It doesn't feel warm and fuzzy, for anyone.

Quote:
Ooooo, I got warm fuzzies there
Me too. Right here, focused on expanding joy in my own life!

Pat

I have a blog.
#132 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 02:53 PM

Quote:
I have also manifested a dis-ease in my body temple ( Michael Beckwith), so I'm struggling with concentrating, between bathroom trips.

The little man ( -not little at all, that's what makes it funny) thinks that it might be ecoli from all the fresh vegetables I eat!

Oh, you are too funny!!

Taradactyl: I am so happy that your whole family is back on their feet and feeling well, and you are back to a state of buzz buzz buzz!!

Did it work? LOL Seriously, just keep going up one level at a time, and take care of yourself!!
#133 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
No - I think you need to do the "obligatory dating" thing before you find the right one. I read that in a book once but don't remember which one.

I do think that if it turns into more than just *dating* then you'd be stopping the process of finding the right one.

So. . if you think there's potential, I mean *really feeeel it* then continue dating the person. If you don't, then move on to the next.

You'll know. If there is a question like, maaaybe he's okay, or maaaybe he'd be the right one, cut him off now. There are no *maybes* when you've found the right one.
:

Devon, I would say, if it genuinely makes you feel good, then date them - whatever the reason. If you have a nagging "I shouldn't be here right now" feeling, well, intuition rules!

On other matters...can I just say

:

I carried on clearing that bureau (the one where my scarf drawer offered up $66.75), and I found $5 on the top underneath some mail. Then I got to the bags of receipts that I'd stuffed there when my pocketbook got too stuffed...I mean the ones from about 2005, and the other bag from about 2003...and I found a money order from American Express (which I have no recollection of them ever sending me) for

$250!!!

I mean....it's really starting!! I know technically it was there already, apparently, but I wasn't open to it, apparently. And now I am! I know it's just the beginning!
#134 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I don't think they should miss out on Tara's beautiful writing.
Wow! Tara, I had goosebumps the whole time I was reading your forward! It captures the mystery, the awe, and the gratitude that the messages inspire. Just wow!!

Wow again!!

Pat

I have a blog.
#135 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl View Post
:

Devon, I would say, if it genuinely makes you feel good, then date them - whatever the reason. If you have a nagging "I shouldn't be here right now" feeling, well, intuition rules!

On other matters...can I just say

:

I carried on clearing that bureau (the one where my scarf drawer offered up $66.75), and I found $5 on the top underneath some mail. Then I got to the bags of receipts that I'd stuffed there when my pocketbook got too stuffed...I mean the ones from about 2005, and the other bag from about 2003...and I found a money order from American Express (which I have no recollection of them ever sending me) for

$250!!!

I mean....it's really starting!! I know technically it was there already, apparently, but I wasn't open to it, apparently. And now I am! I know it's just the beginning!
Yippeee!
#136 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Flylady says to ask "does this make me smile?"
Do you all think I need to use multi-quote, or what?!

But, I like this question too. It helped me to realize that on many things I just SIGH and think 'ok, what am I going to do with this?'. And that item certainly isn't bringing joy or smiles. I love these tools of purging, or rather, attracting joy into our home!

Pat

I have a blog.
#137 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Still need those good vibes this way guys. I haven't been able to keep up with the thread since life has been "coming at me".
Hey, I see a coincidence?!?!, when you are away from this thread and us, your vibe goes down. Perhaps, you need to hang out with us more. ::

Pat

I have a blog.
#138 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Any thoughts on procrastinating? I would love to hear what you all have to say on this. (And I will come back and add my own two cents when the kids allow it!!)
I was struck by a long quote of Abraham-Hicks on procrastination in the 30 day plan pdf somebody posted about. They say that procrastination is not at all a bad thing, it indicates that the timing is not yet right. And that there is no need to act unless it is inspired action--if it doesn't feel good, don't do it. Don't worry about the how--the universe will take care of that and that may include moving you to action.

I love how absolute they are about it! I think in practice it translates into something interesting. If I actually desire to do something, then the first step is to sit down, diminish my resistance and get in the zone of my desire. Rather than trying to force my way through resistance which can sometimes feed into the negativity. But I totally think that individual situations vary; some manifestations are right on the border so that pushing through resistance isn't that hard and brings them in quicker. Etc...

Quote:
You'll know. If there is a question like, maaaybe he's okay, or maaaybe he'd be the right one, cut him off now. There are no *maybes* when you've found the right one.
For us, there were plenty of maybes, and we even tried to give up on it... repeatedly. But our bond stayed just as strong no matter what happened. Life got a lot easier when we finally accepted it!
#139 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphinxie View Post
For us, there were plenty of maybes, and we even tried to give up on it... repeatedly. But our bond stayed just as strong no matter what happened. Life got a lot easier when we finally accepted it!
Just curious . . . was it a *maybe* right off the bat, or did you *know*?
#140 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:42 PM

Quote:
LOL, having someone write a Forward was a stroke of genius, koalamama.
Ah yes, I am often amazed at the abundance of strokes of genius I receive. :

Tara - you did such an amazing job! Absolutely beautiful!

Quote:
If everything we're already doing is what we are meant to do, why try to change? Why learn about the LOA and try to manifest things and attitudes? I feel like this : when I hear this.
Every single moment in your life has played a part in getting you where you are, and will continue to play a part in getting you where you're going. You are where you are, and where you are is just fine! Being content and appreciative of where you are now doesn't preclude joyous anticipation of where you are going tomorrow! When you no longer want to grow or add on to your experience, you're dead.

Quote:
The reason I'm looking at them is not because I want to change them, but because I'm figuring out what I do and do not want in life. The way my father and BIL manage their financial lives is an example to me of what I do not want so I take note of the things they do that lead them to the outcomes I don't want to have.
Looking at someone else's situation and finding a lesson in contrast so you more clearly know what you don't want is great! But putting energy into figuring out the how's and why's and what-for's isn't likely to serve you too well. Even making all the exact same choices isn't going to put you in the same place as another, so why bother trying to figure that out? Unless, of course, it brings you joy or inspiration to do so, in which case I think it a worthy endeavour.

Quote:
I found a money order from American Express (which I have no recollection of them ever sending me) for $250!!!
WOW! That's awesome!!!

Love the comments on procrastination! I have some to say on that as well, but will have to come back to it in a moment.

I can't believe there were about 70 new posts while I was out this morning!!!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#141 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaMama View Post
Love the comments on procrastination! I have some to say on that as well, but will have to come back to it in a moment.

I can't believe there were about 70 new posts while I was out this morning!!!
Can I be pardoned if I find that hilarious... I will have to come back to procrastination later. :
#142 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:49 PM

for Tara.

Quote:
I was struck by a long quote of Abraham-Hicks on procrastination in the 30 day plan pdf somebody posted about. They say that procrastination is not at all a bad thing, it indicates that the timing is not yet right. And that there is no need to act unless it is inspired action--if it doesn't feel good, don't do it. Don't worry about the how--the universe will take care of that and that may include moving you to action.
I think this is true if you are in alignment, but if you are not connected it could be a stance that keeps you in a place of disconnect. So I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle for me.

I find myself procrastinating about things regularly, and I don't particularly enjoy it. (As in, it feels like it is coming from a negative place.) I have wondered about why I do that, and I think the answer is in the payoff. When I hold off on doing something, there is a level of stress that builds up (deadline approaching! deadline passing!). Then when I finally complete the task, the distance from the stress to the relief is a greater lift than it would have been if there were no great dips toward stress in the first place. Make sense?

So... now to determine if I should just let go and enjoy the rollar coaster of procrastinating, or release that little nugget of behaviour and adopt something more joyful.

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#143 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Can I be pardoned if I find that hilarious... I will have to come back to procrastination later. :
OMG! That's tooooooo funny!!!!! I wish I could say I intended that little piece of gold.

Melanie
#144 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:

T
I didn't get to send you hugs over the weekend, so you get extras today

Quote:
hope you're feeling better soon, Amris!

Quote:

$250!!!

That's great!

Quote:
Hey, I see a coincidence?!?!, when you are away from this thread and us, your vibe goes down. Perhaps, you need to hang out with us more. ::
This is definitely true for me. I've been away from you all for too long, and it's taking a toll!

I was only able to read the first 3 pages, and then this one, but I hope to be able to hang here for a while after work and get a better idea of what everyone's working through...

When I first watched The Secret, and even through about a week ago, I was really flying high. It effected major areas of my life, but especially being able to access a deep sense of gratitude, and my relationship to ttc. I felt joyful so much of the time, and really felt empowered. I know I'm writing in the past tense, here, and it's not that it's all gone, but it seems harder to access. I stopped taking a very low-dose antidepressant about 3 weeks ago, and now I'm wondering if I should take it again. If that made it easier for me to access the FEELING of gratitude, and joy, then maybe that's something I should just GIVE myself, you know?

I haven't noticed anyone else talking about depression, but I would love your thoughts. I want my joy, and I want to feel gratitude again, and consistently.

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#145 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 03:59 PM

Anybody interested?
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=628720
ETA: As soon as I finish resolving another "issue" (this time an email issue) I gotta run!

Damned Mercury. When that retrograde over?
#146 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM

Celeste, have you seen this thread about natural remedies for depression? http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=195601 It is posted in the PPD forum, because hormonal imbalances are significantly affected by our nutritional status.

And consider this information too. http://www.mothering.com/discussions...es#post5178215

Pat

I have a blog.
#147 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 04:08 PM

There is no victim and nothing to defend. Happiness is a choice!

Pat

I have a blog.
#148 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Quote:

Taradactyl: I am so happy that your whole family is back on their feet and feeling well, and you are back to a state of buzz buzz buzz!!

Did it work? LOL Seriously, just keep going up one level at a time, and take care of yourself!!
You're the best!!! It's working right now as we speak.
T

Tara - Mother to Curtis 12/04 and Clark 11/07
#149 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Damned Mercury. When that retrograde over?
man, this morning, first my computer (and then all the computers in our office) had a major glitch, and then my phone quit working. it's almost funny (except when it's not! ) :

Pat, thanks for the info - I will definitely look into it all!

ps: could someone re-post the link for the Ask and You Shall Receive pdf? I found it last night but didn't bookmark it... TIA!

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press
#150 of 927 Old 03-05-2007, 04:29 PM

I'm going to (happily, not upset!) drop out of the conversation I brought up. I'm feeling like maybe I'm not making myself clear and most of what others are saying is just not resonating with me becuase I really don't think that's what I'm talking about, but I don't know what else to say. And also, ironically, because of this conversation I've been focusing on my dad and BIL a whole hekkuva lot more than I've *ever* done IRL I didn't mean to make it sound like I am spending every day contemplating their lives because I'm definitely not. Well, *now* I am apparently : So I think I want to get back to more positive (for me) discussions

I am not touching that new thread with a ten foot pole, To those of you who can join in that sort of thing and *not* end up losing your buzzes May the Force Be With You I'm staying in my safe little haven here

Taradactyl

Quote:
$250!!!
Good for you!

Quote:
But, I like this question too. It helped me to realize that on many things I just SIGH and think 'ok, what am I going to do with this?'. And that item certainly isn't bringing joy or smiles. I love these tools of purging, or rather, attracting joy into our home!
Let me go on a tangent for a minute but Flylady gets even deeper than that (there are some things I don't care for with her advice but often she's spot on). She says it's not about monetary value or value in other people's eyes, it's about YOU. If you have a very expensive item that makes you feel guilty or stresses you out in some way then it doesn't matter how much money it's worth or how much other people appreciate. It's not making you smile so let it go! (though, ok, we could talk about whether the item "makes" you smile or you "choose" to be happy about it I guess But I choose to let go of things that I have to put effort into being happy about ) ). Hmmmmm, in some ways she's got The Secret doesn't she?

Can I just say every time I walk in the front room and my eye catches the painting I end up smiling?

celesterra we did chat about depression but it was back on the February month thread a few weeks ago when I joined in. If you are feeling like you need something you probably do. It's not necessary for everyone of course but we're all different. For me, getting the book The Mood Cure after reading about it on MDC was definitely inspired action. Maybe for you it's the anti-depressent. Or maybe you'll be inspired to do something else. But the thing is, I believe that if you feel you need something to help (whatever that is), you need it. Not just from a LOA point of view (though I think it fits into that too!) but also from a "you know yourself best" point of view.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page